- - - - -

Price drops at BulkNutrition.com :)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

#31 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 05:35 AM

Oh god, not this bullsh*t again! Elrond, can you take action against "Yassir"?

I have already deleted the material that was duplicated in his posts elsewhere. But I am certainly willing to hear what this person has to say. I won't condem someone simply because they want pure products. I know you suspect an ulterior motive (as perhaps do I), but until some more evidence makes it's self known I won't take further action. When and if such evidence is apparent. I will take swift action.

Yassir, forgive us for our suspicions. As has already been mentioned, another, with a posting style similar to your own made a great deal of trouble on this forum. You are welcome here to share what you know. Try not to post the same thing twice. You might consider starting a separate quality thread where your ideas could be discussed outside of any one particular supplier (so it won't seem as though it is an attack).

Thanks.

#32 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 06:28 AM

LEF makes quality supplements and it is certainly reasonable to like them, and recommend them.

Posting LEF material....and several times on this site....especially in the context of saying bad things directly or indirectly about other suppliers....repeats history and is distasteful to many of use here (for reasons we will assume you are ingorant of).

Having said that I will say I have read (don't ask me where) that some people have benefits from...one source (non-generic) of piracetam but had no reaction to another source (don't remember if this was generic or piracetam made in one specifc country). These comments had nothing to do with 1fast400. I remember this because I had no reaction to one source of piracetam and was debating at some point trying product from another source.

Lifemirage: Any differences in piracetam from differenct sources?

First I recommend everyone stop using the term generic Piracetam, Piracetam is the chemical name of the UCB product Nootropil. Generic Nootropil is more accurate. Why? when people refer to Galantamine they do not call it generic galantamine. Reminyl or Nivalin are the trademark names of the companies who received approval to sell these items as drugs in their respected countries, But several US companies (Life Enhancement, Smart Nutrition, and Beyond a Century) all sell it as well.

2nd a rose is a rose is a rose. Unlike Lipoic Acid (R/S Lipoic, R-Lipoic, DihydroLipoic, K-R-Lipoic) [which I do have an opinion by the way, when I have more time I‘ll post it] and Vitamin E (alpha, beta, gamma, delta) Piracetam is 1 chemical which is very easy and cheap to make compared to other compounds.

Now I took the UCB brand for over 10 years (Note Piracetam has been around for over 30 years), until US suppliers started to sell it at far better prices and still meet pharmaceutical grade quality <99%.

In my opinion there is no difference.

But you do need to verify it is <99% pure, to what level you want to confirm this is up to you.

Taste it, take it, test it.

But please do not obsess over it and become fanatical….bad idea.

As far as LEF is concerned while a seeming impressive article they are not accurate.

They basically condemned the entire country of China as cheap impure producers of all drugs and dietary supplements. That is a very bold claim. While it is possible China lacks the tech to make some drugs or supplements are pure as the Europeans this is a case by case basis, not a blanket assessment. A rose in China can smell just as sweet as a rose in Germany.

In defense of LEF many people have heard reports of Chinese herbs with heavy metals containments. But collecting herbs in a undesirable area and producing drugs in a sophisticated lab are very different.

I have been to China, Japan, India, and throughout Europe and while yes overall the Europeans & Japanese have better labs and yes for certain supplements (like SAMe) I would never buy from China, this is simply not the case for most basic drugs or supplements.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 yassiryemek

• 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 07:02 AM

I researched the political structure in the Chinese drugs business too. I know pharmaceuticals from China do not have good reputation in the world. However, now things are changed, many many factories/distributors(including many famous companies) are importing pharmaceuticals from China and India. Some products has GMP can be used directly in USA and some US companies just bought and changed the package in their own workshop and then sell in USA. But some are not and are cheap copys of US companies products that are not as pure. And when companies is the US sell the copy products for cheaper that are not manufactured in GMP, they should say that they are the copy product and not manufactured to GMP (we have the similar GMP in Spain). The generic piracetam does not work for me and I still agree more Life Extension policy for looking the better products instead of the cheaper. The cheaper copy product maybe not as pure or safe. If it is a good product they should have done the test like Life Extension does for all their product.

#34 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 08:19 AM

I researched the political structure in the Chinese drugs business too. I know pharmaceuticals from China do not have good reputation in the world. However, now things are changed, many many factories/distributors(including many famous companies) are importing pharmaceuticals from China and India. Some products has GMP can be used directly in USA and some US companies just bought and changed the package in their own workshop and then sell in USA. But some are not and are cheap copys of US companies products that are not as pure. And when companies is the US sell the copy products for cheaper that are not manufactured in GMP, they should say that they are the copy product and not manufactured to GMP (we have the similar GMP in Spain). The generic piracetam does not work for me and I still agree more Life Extension policy for looking the better products instead of the cheaper. The cheaper copy product maybe not as pure or safe. If it is a good product they should have done the test like Life Extension does for all their product.

First which brand of Piracetam did you buy? Why I do I ask? Well you could have bought poor quality Piracetam from a US supplier, that does not mean every brand of Piracetam is impure. Did you test the product to confirm its purity?

Second as I clearly stated companies from anywhere are a case by case basis ask for their purity and if you don't believe them test it yourself.

Third LEF does not repeat not test every product they carry, just the products they make....in their own lab mind you...hmmm...perhaps someone should test a dozen of their products to see how 99.99% pure their products are. Honestly I seriously doubt all of their products will be that pure.

#35 yassiryemek

• 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 07:15 PM

For the Generic Piracetam I took it in Spain, it was selling at the pharmacy and only three Euros (€). They said that the generic was not as good, but I know sometimes this is not always true. I want to know if there is which companies that has done the quality testing on Piracetam from many samples and choose the best like LEF does.

I can afford LEF for most products because I am a member, but am concern in the future the prices will rise. But I know they ensure to test they products they sell because they have to maintain a strong repuation because they sell products in the international markets and many government employees buy products from LEF. LEF has also millions of dollars to care about to lose if they do not have only quality products. I also know am sure their quality becase LEF has there own laboratory to do the tests in. http://www.lef.org/m...r98_report.html

It is more costs to ensure the quality. I understand the small online bulk stores like BulkNutrition.com can not afford their own laboratory like LEF and has less reputations. I can tell these companies because they have the lowest price and Price drops on their product. It is much more likely they sell the less pure product because they don't pay to compare different samples before buying to resell to ensure the quality and maybe there customers do not care like me the quality. LEF samples from many different their suppliers and test them all and only use the most pure products in their production. LEF "take extra steps in their manufacturing process to ensure the active ingredients are of pharmaceutical quality and potency." I am sure their products are all 99.99% pure because they have been investigated by United States Government drug control and it was made public available the documents.

The China products might be good, or might be not good, but I read a report about the Chinese drugs for Farmaindustria that was distributed to all of the drug companies in Spain (over 90% of the pharmaceutical industry from Spain is in Madrid). China has improved a little bit but still has many more before they have safe reputations, maybe by the end 2005. The concerns are in the manufacture process:

http://www.pacificbr...hinaNov1999.htm

GOOD MANUFACTURING PRACTICES (GMP)

GMP guidelines define standards for the pharmaceutical manufacturing process to reduce the possibility of contamination errors.

The World Health Organization (WHO) initiated the GMP system in the 1960s, and China adopted it in the early 1980s. The Chinese government issued its own GMP standards in 1988, followed with two sets of revisions, the most recent in 1999. Under new GMP management guidelines, pharmaceutical producers must set up special administrative offices to supervise production and product quality. Administrative personnel must be pharmaceutical professions with prior experience, and technicians responsible for quality testing must receive professional training.

The State Administration for the Supervision and Management of Medicine issued the “Quality Control Convention in Drug Production” in September 1999. This convention provides guidelines for various kinds of drug manufacture in keeping with GMP standards. It states provisions concerning drug verification and authentication, including facility and equipment installation, operation, property and products. GMP certification for powder injections, large capacity injections and genetically engineered products will be completed by the end of the year 2000. Enterprises that fail to meet GMP specifications will be restricted or banned from production.

Difficulty in GMP enforcement has allowed inefficient production and substandard quality to persist in the majority of pharmaceutical factories, despite the government’s regulations. Fund shortage, rigid operation mechanisms, and ideological resistance among some producers have contributed to the continuing problem, although local governments are working to initiate change. In Hangzhou, the capital of Zhejiang Province, the municipal Drug Supervision and Management Bureau has aided 18 of the city’s 77 pharmaceutical manufacturers to reach GMP standards. Nationally, only 5% of enterprises have received GMP certification.

A shortage of qualified personnel in China's pharmaceutical enterprises further delays national GMP implementation. Substandard companies find a lack of senior managers who are aware of GMP, as well as difficulty in finding well-trained GMP inspectors that are able to give a fair, objective and accurate appraisal of GMP results. Augmenting the problem, companies have discovered some ambiguity in their interpretations of GMP standards issued by the Chinese Ministry of Public Health. The government has undertaken the slow process of educating these companies, leading to a slight rise in production and quality control levels.

http://www.findartic...411/ai_n9471142
Still a generic market

China currently has more than 6,000 pharmaceutical businesses, of which about 700 are foreign-invested. According to the Economist Intelligence Unit's Business China, though foreign companies make 40 of the 50 most popular brands of drugs in China, their products, including imports, account for only 20 to 30 percent of the market by value. Pharmaceutical operations range from wholly owned Chinese companies to Sino-foreign joint ventures to wholly foreign-owned facilities in China. Most of these firms are located in and around the big coastal cities, such as Beijing, Guangzhou, and Shanghai, but in recent years, some companies have set up in places rich in biodiversity, such as Yunnan or Hainan, or in interior cities, heeding the government's call to invest in the west (see the CBR, March-April 2004, p.8).

The majority of finished products made in China are for domestic consumption. Of the drugs made by the domestic Chinese pharmaceutical industry, according to China Briefing, more than 97 percent of the types of drugs, and 70 percent by volume, are generics or copies of existing drugs produced to meet the basic health needs of the population. To date, the PRC domestic pharmaceutical industry has invested very little in the research and development (R&D) of new drugs, though the central government is encouraging R&D through investment and other incentives in an effort to build a world-class pharmaceutical industry in China. Several foreign drug companies, such as AstraZeneca plc, Eli Lilly and Co., Pfizer Inc., and F. Hoffman-La Roche Ltd., have set up R&D or clinical trial centers in China.

Active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), or bulk pharmaceuticals, are also a major component of the product base (China is one of the largest global manufacturers of API), as are traditional Chinese medicines (TCM). The market for quality API is expanding worldwide and, as finished dosage facilities-the main consumers of API-come up to standard within China, demand will also increase domestically. Growing global and domestic demand for API and TCM, as well as China's low production costs, make China a viable production base for these products. But global markets require products of high and consistent quality. Until recently, the manufacture of TCM has been loosely regulated in China, at least in comparison with the production of chemical pharmaceuticals.

Building a domestic industry

To encourage the emergence of large domestic companies that can compete internationally, the PRC State Food and Drug Administration (SFDA) plans to cut the number of manufacturers down to around 2,000 over the next three years by attrition (poor performers will either be closed or sold) and by requiring remaining firms to meet the new Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards. In fact, SFDA required all pharmaceutical companies in China, including foreign-invested ones, to obtain GMP certificates from SFDA by June 30, 2004 to be licensed to sell their drug products in China. About half of the companies met the deadline; companies in the process of obtaining certification may subcontract secondary production (but not production of intermediates and ingredients) to a certified company until June 30, 2005.

China's pharmaceutical industry has room for consolidation. China's 5,000 or so domestic companies account for 70 percent of the market, and the top 10 companies about 20 percent, according to Business China. In contrast, the top 10 companies in most developed countries control about half the market. The cost of bringing a facility into compliance with the new GMP standards will likely cause some manufacturers to close. DECHMA eV, the Germany-based Society for Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology, estimates that converting a standard production line in China to meet GMP requirements costs ¥40 million-¥200 million ($4.8 million-$24.2 million). But China's drug manufacturers must also adopt or acquire technology standards and a knowledge base to achieve full GMP compliance. This level of expertise is present in organizations either owned by or in partnership with international companies but must essentially be imported by fully domestic pharmaceutical companies. Since June 30, SFDA has been closing down manufacturers that do not meet the new standards.

#36 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 09:12 PM

yassiryemek,

Who are your comments such as these aimed at?

"It is more costs to ensure the quality. I understand the small online bulk stores like BulkNutrition.com can not afford their own laboratory like LEF and has less reputations. I can tell these companies because they have the lowest price and Price drops on their product. It is much more likely they sell the less pure product because they don't pay to compare different samples before buying to resell to ensure the quality and maybe there customers do not care like me the quality."

You do not seem to be taking the hint.

We are beyond sick of these discussions. It matters not whether you are a re-incarnated californian, or really from Spain. Please take the hint and start your own thread if you wish to have this sort of discussion.

actually...

"they don't pay to compare different samples before buying"

Edit--These are Adam's words and there is no doubt in my mind this is Adam. Look at what he is saying and his first post was in a thread about Nootropik.

Adam this knd of repeated behavior is the very reason that you are not welcome.

#37 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 10:23 PM

yassiryemek

Your points are not vaild.

I did some work for LEF a number of years ago, I know them far better than you. All your posted statements come from LEF of course they will make themselves sound great. I know you are a die hard LEF fan but they are not perfect I think you can agree to that, no one is.

Edited by LifeMirage, 29 May 2005 - 03:30 AM.

#38 yassiryemek

• 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 10:55 PM

I am concern the quality. Maybe sclott are unfamiliar with the many international laws for quality in drugs. I am expert in this. There are strong government policy that enforce drug quality, but in China the enforcement is not good. Are you employee at Bulknutriton.com? I am not employee at Life Extension, but I see you in many topics doing promotion for them.

Even the WHO (World Health Organization) recognize these problems in China: http://www.who.int/p...tes_quality/en/

LifeMirage says: "As far as LEF is concerned while a seeming impressive article they are not accurate.

They basically condemned the entire country of China as cheap impure producers of all drugs and dietary supplements. That is a very bold claim. While it is possible China lacks the tech to make some drugs or supplements are pure as the Europeans this is a case by case basis, not a blanket assessment. A rose in China can smell just as sweet as a rose in Germany."

LifeMirage, all of the research conducted by health professionals finds Chinese drugs to be unreliable and disagrees with your opinion. You should look not only Life Extension and your sources. I have researched this market in China and Life Extension conlcusions are the same as the rest of the analyst. Did you read the articles? It is not only Life Extension proving China producers of unreliable and more unsafe drugs. This is the general agreement through the world market. That is why they say "But global markets require products of high and consistent quality" in this article meaning this is not what is in China.

http://www.pacificbr...hinaNov1999.htm

They are also to worry the Counterfeit Drugs problems in the United States and Europe, but much worse in China. The problems have not been fixed from 1994 to 2004, and still exists. You should read the articles not by Life Extension. They say the same ideas and attend the same problems.

http://www.pacificbr...etter_v3n11.htm

http://www.findartic...411/ai_n9471142

"Difficulty in GMP enforcement has allowed inefficient production and substandard quality to persist in the majority of pharmaceutical factories, despite the government’s regulations. Fund shortage, rigid operation mechanisms, and ideological resistance among some producers have contributed to the continuing problem, although local governments are working to initiate change. In Hangzhou, the capital of Zhejiang Province, the municipal Drug Supervision and Management Bureau has aided 18 of the city’s 77 pharmaceutical manufacturers to reach GMP standards. Nationally, only 5% of enterprises have received GMP certification.

A shortage of qualified personnel in China's pharmaceutical enterprises further delays national GMP implementation. Substandard companies find a lack of senior managers who are aware of GMP, as well as difficulty in finding well-trained GMP inspectors that are able to give a fair, objective and accurate appraisal of GMP results. Augmenting the problem, companies have discovered some ambiguity in their interpretations of GMP standards issued by the Chinese Ministry of Public Health. The government has undertaken the slow process of educating these companies, leading to a slight rise in production and quality control levels.
Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards were initially introduced in China in 1992. The standards provide basic rules and requirements pharmaceutical manufacturers in Mainland China must abide by in order to ensure the quality of drug products. In order to obtain GMP certification, companies are required to submit applications to the appropriate provincial or municipal drug authorities. Qualified assessors would then be sent to the manufacturing site and if the facilities pass inspection, a Chinese GMP certificate would be issued by the state administration and would be valid for five years.
However, GMP standards have not been strictly enforced in China. Many drug manufacturers operate in China without having GMP certification although they are by law required to hold this certification. China’s State Food and Drug Administration (SFDA) is planning to change this by announcing their plans to strictly enforce this requirement by next year. According to a circular that was recently published by the central government in early November 2003, companies utilizing raw materials or producing drugs not reaching GMP standards must halt production by July 1, 2004. However, pharmaceutical products produced up to June 30, 2004 can continue to be sold until their expiration dates when they must be withdrawn from the market.
Pharmaceutical manufacturers need to apply for GMP certification and register their manufacturing facilities with the provincial and municipal authorities. Those who fail to register by December 2004 may have their business and production licenses revoked.
[Whether or not the SFDA’s increased initiative to strengthen pharmaceutical production quality in China will be a success is not yet known. The problem lies in the government’s ability to enforce the requirements. Experts in China predict that the worst offenders of GMP requirements will not be deterred by the new initiative and will continue to manufacture drugs illegally. Yang Shaogang, a lawyer in Shanghai dealing with high-profile cases involving the pharmaceutical industry, comments, “The disorder of the drugs market is due to governmental mismanagement. They must clean it up. The lives of thousands of people depend on it.”

#39 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 10:57 PM

Thanks lifemirage.

#40 enemy

• 154 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 11:40 PM

This is ridiculous.

I thought nootropi seceded and formed his own fiefdom of pure rationality.

Pun intended.

#41 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:44 AM

I am concern the quality. Maybe sclott are unfamiliar with the many international laws for quality in drugs. I am expert in this. There are strong government policy that enforce drug quality, but in China the enforcement is not good. Are you employee at Bulknutriton.com? I am not employee at Life Extension, but I see you in many topics doing promotion for them.

I am either an employee of LEF or Bulk Nutrition. I personally do not promote LEF. You say you are an expert what is your job?

Even the WHO (World Health Organization) recognize these problems in China: http://www.who.int/p...tes_quality/en/

LifeMirage says: "As far as LEF is concerned while a seeming impressive article they are not accurate.

They basically condemned the entire country of China as cheap impure producers of all drugs and dietary supplements. That is a very bold claim. While it is possible China lacks the tech to make some drugs or supplements are pure as the Europeans this is a case by case basis, not a blanket assessment. A rose in China can smell just as sweet as a rose in Germany."

LifeMirage, all of the research conducted by health professionals finds Chinese drugs to be unreliable and disagrees with your opinion. You should look not only Life Extension and your sources. I have researched this market in China and Life Extension conlcusions are the same as the rest of the analyst. Did you read the articles? It is not only Life Extension proving China producers of unreliable and more unsafe drugs. This is the general agreement through the world market. That is why they say "But global markets require products of high and consistent quality" in this article meaning this is not what is in China.

Your statements are vague and not personal. "All the research conducted by health professionals" I am a healthcare professional I repeat have been to China & India and overseen the construction of many drug plants a lot by Americans and Europeans who know it is more cost effective to produce them there. Quality problems can exist ANYWHERE in the world. EVEN in SPAIN as you suggested the generic nootropil or piracetam product didn't work. While I definitely am not supporting China produced drugs I will say this test it if it is not pure enough for you at the price you are willing to pay don't buy it. While I appreciative free speech and your unique opinions in this regard I will point out they are not always true. The answer is usually somewhere in the middle. In the US there is little government regulation over dietary supplements but there is self regulation.. technically speaking LEF could put sugar in all their supplements and who would know otherwise, but most people have learned by various means to trust certain companies and believe their products are pure enough to take. If you have questions contact them and confirm their purity.

#42 haveblue

• 66 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:11 AM

Purity/safety obsessiveness, highlighting and underlining of particular text within articles, relentless critique of 1fast400's business practices and attacks on their credibility in general, grammar style that does not match that of a Spanish or Arabic speaking person, GMP this...GMP that.

I mean come on Nootropi...Its just unnecessary. I bought from your website and would have done so again, but will reconsider due to this onslaught of ridiculousness. Its so transparent and childish that it almost leaves me speechless. Give it a rest!

#43 stellar

• 366 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:23 PM

I mean come on Nootropi...Its just unnecessary. I bought from your website and would have done so again, but will reconsider due to this onslaught of ridiculousness. Its so transparent and childish that it almost leaves me speechless. Give it a rest!

I can't figure out why some of the veteran individuals on these sites have decided to purchase from him. His behavior on these forums (which got him banned from both avantlabs and imminst) should be a factor in the decision to do business with him. I would never order from this deranged lunatic, AdamP2P aka Nootropi. [thumb]

#44 magr

• 157 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 06:48 PM

I can't figure out why some of the veteran individuals on these sites have decided to purchase from him.  His behavior on these forums (which got him banned from both avantlabs and imminst) should be a factor in the decision to do business with him.  I would never order from this deranged lunatic, AdamP2P aka Nootropi.  [thumb]

Agreed.

#45 ozone

• 150 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 01:32 AM

I can't figure out why some of the veteran individuals on these sites have decided to purchase from him.  His behavior on these forums (which got him banned from both avantlabs and imminst) should be a factor in the decision to do business with him.  I would never order from this deranged lunatic]

If the reason a person is disliked/banned is because he is bashing suppliers who do not honestly know the quality of the product they are sending you, then I fail to see how that is a valid reason for not purchasing from him. The rationale for purchasing from him should be that he will get assays for every batch he carries. I sure value that when I buy a white powder. Do you?

But I do agree, yassiryemek sure seems like Notroopi and if that's the case, well he's being very childish. I just wish people would drop the whole "assay" issue. I used to sell a product that many other people sold... but I got more business than everyone else. Why? Simply because I provided a better "quality" product even though the subject matter was identical. So the moral is, provide the better quality product but don't piss off the people who are going to buy it from you.

#46 yassiryemek

• 14 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 05:39 AM

I took generic Piracetam and it does not work the same and I am convince is counterfeits. I tell you I am expert and I think you are not well inform in the drug quality because you say all China is good quality when experts in drug control knows this is not true and many people die from this. The Life Extension article you say that had a blanket about China drug quality is wrong is not wrong. There are many more than only problems of no GMP in China and India.
http://www.lef.org/p...-prtcl-158.html

I don’t like to discuss too much here because this public forum is not very well inform important world issues. I am not concern the teen ager in this forum. Many teen ager not qualified like me to discuss and are not giving resource for their argument. LifeMirage you never provide any footnote, you discuss but you not leave any footnotes. It is good respect to give not footnotes. If you know all the piracetam are safe and quality, the footnote because this is not true by drug control experts. And I do not think you are civilize to not give any resource. I visit many internet forum and it seem many care each other but you are not concern very much the others because you don’t concern the quality and say everything is safe when is not true. You say you are employee at Life Extension and Bulknutrition. I don’t believe. I think they don’t answer because they not perform the tests. I think your not concern the quality is a worry for other people taking the counterfeits. 2004: “In China, counterfeits account for as much of 50% of certain drugs on the market.”
http://www.dddmag.co...0000&PRODLETT=Z

I think the drug market bulk Piracetam is not under control, the companies selling you the drugs know they can trick you because you not concern the quality and sell you many the counterfeits or sub-standard. The counterfeits and sub-standard are sold too by famous companies too for the drugs like Sildenafil and Imuran so I know it happens with Piracetam more than them. “Last year, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) launched some 30 investigations into cases of pharmaceutical counterfeiting, involving such popular brands as Combivir (against HIV) and Procrit (for anaemia).”
http://www.economist...tory_ID=1780818
The test can tell if the drug is counterfeits or sub-standards and the experts don’t agree your opinion and also know the problem to buy the drugs on the internet: I provide many many footnote from qualified experts and not any agree your opinion. Please provide footnote evidences for support your opinion; my friend American says: “the opinion is like asshole. Everybody has one.”

If you study the drugs market like I do, you will understand the bulk drugs market. there are many problems with the manufacture of the drugs. We are unsure the quality most the drugs from China and India from GMP problems to the counterfeiting. Many people die because of the problem. “The WHO believes that 8% of bulk drugs imported into the US are counterfeit.”

I show you now much many evidences from your country.

http://www.amcham.co...1&topics_id=160

Like the pharmacists, suppliers of counterfeit drugs are hardly career criminals. They are more likely to be former wholesalers or distributors for established pharmaceutical companies. "That's how they got the connections and know-how to go out on their own in the first place," says Harris. "The suppliers were salespeople before and they have relations with the pharmacies. They may sell them good products five times, and then start moving in the counterfeits." Some pharmacists also get their wares, says one company head, from more mysterious sources: through direct marketers or the Internet.

Counterfeit Drugs: Rx For Danger
http://www.cbsnews.c...ain204060.shtml

(CBS) A Congressional committee heard testimony Thursday on counterfeit medicines—potentially harmful pharmaceuticals that doctors may unknowingly prescribe to American patients, CBS News Correspondent Sharyl Attkisson reports.

Counterfeit medicine looks like the real thing but is made with cheaper, sometimes dangerous ingredients. In 1995, tainted cough medicine killed 89 Haitians. Now there's mounting evidence that counterfeit drugs have permeated the United States.

The House Commerce Committee Thursday accused the Food and Drug Administration of disregarding its own evidence of the growing public health risk, even after one FDA investigator warned in a 1996 internal memo that,"We literally have no control over bulk drugs that enter the U.S.…These drugs can reach anyone including the president."

Chairman Tom Bliley, R.-Va., said his committee's investigation had revealed, "the FDA's regulatory system used to protect Americans from counterfeit or substandard drug ingredients has significant holes."

Bliley said the FDA allows the import of drugs based "merely on the representations of an international broker, who could in fact be the counterfeiter."

"The FDA admits it has information on only 18 percent of the foreign drug manufacturers shipping to the U.S," Bliley added. He reports that since 1997, some 4,600 foreign drug makers have shipped medication into the U.S. without getting inspected.

One possible victim of counterfeit drugs is Lynn Brown, whose doctor gave her a common antibiotic, gentamicin, for a toenail infection. She was stricken by an imbalance disorder so profound, she literally had to re-train herself to walk.

http://www.bbriefing...955/ACFB49F.pdf
Counterfeit Pharmaceuticals – Update on Current Status and
Future Projections
a report by
D r A l b e r t I W e r t h e i m e r , T h o m a s M S a n t e l l a and N i c o l e M C h a n e y
Founding Director, Research Co-ordinator and Director of Research, Temple University
Center for Pharmaceutical Health Services Research, Philadelphia

C o u n t e r f e i t D r u g s
There are various types of counterfeit drugs and numerous organisations trying to obtain a workable definition for the term. Common violation of regulations include ‘look-alikes’, which contain little or no active ingredient, ‘rejects’ that have been rejected by the manufacturer or regulatory authorities for quality reasons and ‘re-labelled’ medications that have expired but have been relabelled with a much later expiry date. Each type of counterfeit drug affects the victim in a different way: the damage can be caused by a lack of active ingredient or the presence of a harmful agent. These harmful agents can cause a wide array of damage, both to the individual and to society.
Therapeutics with a lack of active ingredient or asub-therapeutic dose are harmful especially in the case of anti-infectives, which can cause bacterial and parasitic resistance.3
There are numerous ways in which countries and organisations define counterfeit pharmaceuticals, but the WHO has provided a workable definition. The WHO defines a counterfeit pharmaceutical product as one that is “deliberately and fraudulently mislabelled with respect to identity and/or source. Counterfeiting can apply to both branded and generic products and counterfeit products may include products with the correct ingredients or with the wrong ingredients, without active ingredients, with insufficient active ingredient or with fake packaging”.4 The counterfeit drug may have either incorrect packaging or deliberately contain an incorrect quantity of active or inactive ingredients in the drug.
It is necessary for a clear distinction to be made between the various terms for counterfeit drugs, such as ‘fake’ or ‘sub-standard’. These two terms are disparate problems that need to be dealt with differently. Although a drug that contains none, too little or too much active ingredient is ineffective in treating the specified disease and can pose a serious health risk, it is possible that a drug is not counterfeit but simply a manufacturers’ defect. This product would be spotted by local regulatory authorities enforcing a strict regulatory process and quality assurance and denied access to the open market. Unless there is a deliberate action to imitate or attempt to recreate another brand, these drugs are not considered counterfeit. Although counterfeit drugs could possibly contain the proper amount of active ingredient, they are still dangerous because they originate from a criminal intent. It is imperative that counterfeiting is recognised as being illegal; due to the widespread and circuitous route that it takes to reach the consumer it must be policed internationally.
The WHO believes that 8% of bulk drugs imported into the US are counterfeit.

http://www.uspdqi.or...alityMatrix.pdf

Matrix of Drug Quality Reports on USAID-assisted Countries

By the U. S. Pharmacopeia Drug Quality and Information Program
Joyce Primo-Carpenter, M.D., BSc. Pharm. Associate Director USP Global Assistance Initiatives 12601 Twinbrook Parkway Rockville, MD 20852

China

According to the State Drug Administration, a nationwide survey on the quality of medicine carried out in 1998 found that 13.1% of the 20,000 batches tested were either counterfeit or fell below minimal pharmaceutical standards.

Sildenafil (Viagra) Chinese authorities seized about 100,000 fake anti-impotence pills from an underground factory in Jiangkou.
Drug fakes, Asia’s ‘murderous’ trade. CNN.com new June 2001. Available from: wysiwyg://74/http://www.cnn.com/20…RLD/asiapcf/east/06/16/asia.drugs/

Chinese authorities have found that for some products, the estimated average of counterfeit copies can be as high as 50%, even up to 85% for some brands. European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries Association Available from: www.efpia.org/2_indust/counterfeitdrugs.pdf

Imuran tablets The counterfeit tablets contained the correct amount of the active ingredient azathioprine but were incorrectly labeled Azathiopring. Upon testing, these tablets failed the quality specification for disintegration time. After 4 hours in water, the tablets remained intact, whereas the genuine tablets dissolve within 45 minutes Power G. Counterfeit pharmaceuticals (GSK). Proceedings of the Global Forum on Pharmaceutical Anticounterfeiting; 2002 Sept. 22-25; Geneva, Switzerland. Greenwood Village: Reconnaissance Intl; 2002.

Zinacef tablets The genuine tablets contain the oral dosage form cefuroxime axetil. Analysis of the counterfeits revealed the injectable dose form, cefuroxime sodium, which when taken orally results in minimal absorption by the digestive system and therefore has no therapeutic benefit.
Power G. Counterfeit pharmaceuticals (GSK). Proceedings of the Global Forum on Pharmaceutical Anticounterfeiting; 2002 Sept. 22-25; Geneva, Switzerland. Greenwood Village: Reconnaissance Intl; 2002.

Albumin In September 2002, a patient died after albumin was administered intravenously by the physician. Police found the albumin bottle counterfeit. It was falsely labeled to look like a local Chinese pharmaceutical brand and contained an unknown liquid that proved fatal in the human bloodstream.
Fackler M. China’s fake drugs kill thousands. San Francisco Examiner 07/29/02. Available from:

http://www.examiner....y=n.bogus.0729w

Diet pills
Drug quality problems in China’s pharmaceutical industry gained international attention when five women in Japan and Singapore died and 60 more became sick after taking Chinese-made diet pills in 2002. Shenzhen Evening News reported 192,000 deaths in China with the use of bogus or poor quality drugs in 2001. The Chinese government has started to crack down on counterfeit drug manufacturing by increasing penalties, creating an effective state drug administration, and investigating more cases. In 2001, Chinese authorities shut down 1300 factories and investigated 480,000 cases representing counterfeit drugs valued at $57 million. The PBI Asian Medical eNewsletter reported on March 4, 2003 that the Shanghai Drug Administration Bureau plans to strengthen its anti-counterfeiting efforts through increased monitoring of the drug market and by following the whole process from manufacturing to selling and tracking adverse reactions. In 2002, the Bureau inspected 14,980 drugs and found 1833 to be below quality standards. Some contained talcum powder or flour while others contained toxic materials. The Chinese government reported that during the first half of 2002, it found 70,000 cases of counterfeit drug production, exceeding the total number of cases uncovered throughout 2001. The head of the litigation department of Rouse and Co, a legal firm in China, reported progress in curbing illegal pharmaceutical manufacturers through criminal action against large scale networks; 11 people have recently been arrested and are facing prosecution. China tackles counterfeiting through an administrative raid by China’s State FDA, civil action in court, or the pursuit of a criminal case. The Shanghai Municipal FDA signed a memorandum of understanding with Pfizer which will train staff in detection and dealing with counterfeit pharmaceutical activities. The training is part of the preparation for planned SMFDA raids to shut down fake pharmaceutical production operations.

Fackler M. China’s fake drugs kill thousands. San Francisco Examiner 07/29/02. Available from: http://www.examiner....y=n.bogus.0729w Goodman P. Not what the doctor ordered: China is awash in fake drugs. International Herald Tribune. Aug. 31, 2002-Sept. 1, 2002: 4. Fighting fake pharmaceuticals: small steps. Shanghai enforcement. Authentication News, 2003. Available from: http://www.AuthenticationNews.info Scrip World Pharmaceutical News June 11, 2004. Issue 2960; London, UK. PJB Publications Ltd: P. 17. © 2005 The United States Pharmacopeial Convention Inc. All rights reserved 12 Scrip World Pharmaceutical News June 11, 2004. Issue 2960; London, UK. PJB Publications Ltd: P. 17.

Antimalarials

**In 2002, USP DQI under the cooperative agreement with USAID began monitoring the quality of antimalarials in the Mekong region. Early 2004, the sentinel sites staff of Yunnan Province completed round 1 testing of antimalarials (artesunate, quinine, chloroquine, SP) using basic tests (visual inspection, dissolution, and TLC). A total of 39 samples were tested. Basic test results indicated that 35 of the 39 samples were authentic, while two samples failed and two were considered doubtful. Overall, about five percent of all samples (based on unique lot/batch number) failed, but more than half (53%) of samples did not identify the manufacturing or expiration date, important quality indicators. Based on established criteria, five samples (including all failed samples) were taken for verification testing at the National Institute of Drug Quality Control of Vietnam [NIDQC] using TLC and HPLC). Testing results indicate that two artesunate lots (030101 and 030801) contained no active ingredient. USP DQI notified relevant parties (regional WHO, the Yunnan Quality Control Laboratory, colleagues in China at the Yunnan Institute of Parasitic Diseases who informed the Yunnan Health Bureau and subsequently, the regulatory body, and State Drug Administration) so that the fake products can be removed from the drug outlets. Yunnan DRA is trying to investigate the main source(s) of these fake drugs.
Fake antimalarials found in Yunnan Province, China. USP Drug Quality and Information program, 2004. Available from: www.uspdqi.org
America’s Chamber of Commerce in Taipei
http://www.amcham.co...1&topics_id=160

[Investigative Report]: Taiwan's Drug Problem

By Jim Boyce A week before Hseuh Mei-hua died, the elementary school student had been suffering from a severe infection. Her parents rushed her to a nearby hospital, and stood by nervously as she was examined. They relaxed once the doctor prescribed medicine that would have their daughter "up and running in no time at all."
Five days later, the Hseuhs were planning Mei-hua's funeral and her doctor, still shaken by the girl's quick demise, was recording the cause of his patient's death as infection. No one knew that the real culprit was the very thing expected to have saved her - the medicine. It was counterfeit.

Fortunately, this is not a real case. Instead, it is the type of worst-case scenario put forth by people who fear Taiwan is awash in fake drugs and that a tragedy is imminent. It's a scenario, however, with elements that are all too believable: doctors who are unknowingly prescribing phony medicine to patients while manufacturers and suppliers laugh all the way to the bank.

How dangerous is it to ignore the possibility of such a dire scenario being realized? Hopefully, Taiwan won't find out the hard way.

What's your poison?

Though the size of the problem is debatable, there is little doubt that Taiwan is struggling to cope with an influx of counterfeit drugs. But what exactly are they? The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America association defines counterfeit medicine as "a compound that is not made by the authorized manufacturer, but is presented to the consumer as if it were."

In many cases, fake drugs are pretty close to the real thing. But there is no way for the buyer to know for certain because they are not produced under the same quality control standards used by licensed manufacturers. They could be drugs that have been diluted to gain cost efficiencies in mass production. At worst, they could contain no medicinal ingredients whatsoever, or ingredients that have the opposite of the intended effect.

Defining the kind of fraudsters responsible for such operations, however, is not easy. This is because when it comes to fake drugs, as distinct from the illicit variety, Taiwan's pushers are surprisingly nondescript. Nobody buys pharmaceuticals from shifty-eyed street hustlers. They get them from friendly people behind counters at Mom-and-Pop drugstores. Fake drugs don't come from the Golden Triangle, after all, they come from the same suppliers that handle lots of other perfectly legal drugs.

That doesn't exonerate Taiwan's pharmacies from blame. Far from it, as most people involved in fighting the counterfeiters, from investigators to industry executives, cite pharmacies as the biggest problem. Simon Lee, a detective with the National Police Administration's Foreign Affairs Police Corps, estimates that 30% to 40% of Taiwan's pharmacies carry counterfeit drugs - although all are believed to be outside Taipei. Hospitals, on the other hand, are quite safe. Jeffrey Harris, managing director of Orient Commercial Enquiries, a security company, says there are very few cases of counterfeit medicine getting into hospital systems. "A doctor writing prescriptions is not going to use it," he says.

One reason why is the type of drugs - or rather, the packaging - that counterfeiters use. Harris, who also co-chairs AmCham's Intellectual Property & Licensing Committee, says phony medicine is almost always found in foreign-language packaging because Taiwan's high regulated drug prices encourage parallel imports: drugs are bought cheaply in another country and then sold for a substantial profit in Taiwan. Fake drugs are more easily slipped in among these parallel imports. Pharmacists, naturally, make more from the parallel imports than from the locally authorized drugs. They therefore sell their customers on the cheaper price of the "foreign" drugs, claiming there is no difference in the quality. "The consumers face a dilemma," Harris says. "They want medicine but they want to get it as cheaply as possible." This is a dilemma unlikely to be given any thought by a doctor in a hospital, who prescribes only the locally authorized versions of drugs, which are always in Chinese-language packaging.

Like the pharmacists, suppliers of counterfeit drugs are hardly career criminals. They are more likely to be former wholesalers or distributors for established pharmaceutical companies. "That's how they got the connections and know-how to go out on their own in the first place," says Harris. "The suppliers were salespeople before and they have relations with the pharmacies. They may sell them good products five times, and then start moving in the counterfeits." Some pharmacists also get their wares, says one company head, from more mysterious sources: through direct marketers or the Internet.

And where do these suppliers get their drugs? Usually they are smuggled into Taiwan in powder or pill form and then packaged here. The NPA's Lee says that, in all of the fake drugs cases of which he is aware, China is the ultimate source of the fakes. Harris adds Indonesia and India as key sources, saying that most phony pharmaceuticals are hand-carried or mailed into Taiwan.

The Economist.com Imitating property is theft
May 15th 2003 | BEIJING, LONDON AND NEW YORK
From The Economist print edition
http://www.economist...tory_ID=1780818

Given the costs, big business is keen that consumers should feel as strongly about counterfeiting as it does. But most customers, in the developed world at any rate, are relatively unconcerned. Some argue that counterfeiting benefits consumers, particularly in developing countries, by giving them access to lower-price goods, such as software, that they might not otherwise be able to afford. And they claim that counterfeits occasionally push brand-holders into innovating in their customers' interests. Yamaha, for example, has decided to beat China's counterfeiters at their own game by introducing a new model of motorcycle at roughly the same price as the fake Yamahas on the streets.
Nevertheless, the costs of counterfeiting far outweigh the benefits. The World Health Organisation reckons that 5-7% of pharmaceuticals worldwide may be counterfeit—with too few active ingredients, too many contaminants, fake labels or recycled packaging that covers up expiry dates. The problem is most acute in developing countries. Three years ago, a survey of shops selling artesunate, an anti-malarial drug, in Cambodia, Laos and Thailand, found that more than a third of the samples analysed had no artesunate in them at all. Even in America, counterfeit medicines are not unknown. Last year, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) launched some 30 investigations into cases of pharmaceutical counterfeiting, involving such popular brands as Combivir (against HIV) and Procrit (for anaemia).
http://www.pacificbridgemedical.com/

In 1998, China’s State Food and Drug Administration (SFDA) introduced Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) certification in order to emphasize quality and safety of pharmaceutical production. However, the certification was optional and occurrences of medical accidents and legal issues continued to arise due to poor manufacturing practices. Following China’s entry into the World Trade Organization (WTO) in 2001, as well as from the added pressure of the international drug community, the SFDA implemented a new regulation requiring GMP certification for all pharmaceutical manufacturers in China in July 2004. At that time, approximately half of the 6,000 drug manufacturers in China had already received GMP certification; the other 3,000 manufacturers were granted a six month grace period to upgrade their technology in order to meet the new standards.
Following the July 2004 announcement, the SFDA issued another notice in October 2004, which revealed future GMP requirements for IVD reagents, medicinal gases and Chinese crude drugs. Manufacturers of IVD reagents (administered as drugs) will need to meet GMP standards by January 1, 2006. Beginning January 1, 2007, medicinal gas manufacturers will require GMP certification. Finally, producers of cut crude drugs for Chinese medicine will need to obtain GMP certification by January 1, 2008. GMP standards for Chinese crude drugs will involve how the manufacturer processes and contains the prepared slices of the drugs, including the cleaning, cutting and steaming processes. Any manufacturers who fail to meet GMP standards by their respective deadline will be forced by the SFDA to stop production.

http://www.who.int/m...heets/fs275/en/

Substandard and counterfeit medicines
Substandard medicines are products whose composition and ingredients do not meet the correct scientific specifications and which are consequently ineffective and often dangerous to the patient. Substandard products may occur as a result of negligence, human error, insufficient human and financial resources or counterfeiting.
Counterfeit medicines are part of the broader phenomenon of substandard pharmaceuticals. The difference is that they are deliberately and fraudulently mislabeled with respect to identity and/or source. Counterfeiting can apply to both branded and generic products and counterfeit medicines may include products with the correct ingredients but fake packaging, with the wrong ingredients, without active ingredients or with insufficient active ingredients.
In wealthier countries the most frequently counterfeited medicines are new, expensive lifestyle medicines, such as hormones, steroids and antihistamines. In developing countries the most counterfeited medicines are those used to treat life-threatening conditions such as malaria, tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS.
The extent of the problem
The United States Food and Drug Administration estimates that counterfeits make up more than 10% of the global medicines market and are present in both industrialized and developing countries. It is estimated that up to 25% of the medicines consumed in poor countries are counterfeit or substandard.
These figures place the annual earnings from the sales of counterfeit and substandard medicines at over US$ 32 billion globally.
Trade in these medicines is more prevalent in countries with weak drug regulation control and enforcement, scarcity and/or erratic supply of basic medicines, unregulated markets and unaffordable prices. However, one of the most counterfeited drugs today is Viagra, which is sold extensively via the Internet in industrialized countries.
A World Health Organization (WHO) survey of counterfeit medicine reports from 20 countries between January 1999 to October 2000 found that 60% of counterfeit medicine cases occurred in poor countries and 40% in industralized countries.
In April 1999, reports of 771 cases of substandard medicines had been entered into the WHO database on counterfeits, 77% of which were from developing countries. Data analysis showed that in 60% of the 325 cases an active ingredient was missing from the product.
A recent study in The Lancet concluded that up to 40% of artusenate products (the best medicine to combat resistant malaria today) contain no active ingredients and therefore have no therapeutic benefits.
In 2002, GlaxoSmithKline in the United States discovered suspect bottles containing 60 tablets of Combivir (lamivudine plus zidovudine) that actually contained another medicine, Ziagen (abacavir sulfate). The company determined that counterfeit labels for Combivir tablets were placed on two bottles of Ziagen and labels on another two bottles were suspect. Both medicines are used as part of combination regimens to treat HIV infection and can cause potentially life-threatening hypersensitivity reactions in patients taking other medicines in the combination.
Consequences of substandard and counterfeit medicines
At best, the regular use of substandard or counterfeit medicines leads to therapeutic failure or drug resistance; in many cases it can lead to death.
During the meningitis epidemic in Niger in 1995, over 50 000 people were inoculated with fake vaccines, received as a gift from a country which thought they were safe. The exercise resulted in 2,500 deaths.
The consumption of paracetamol cough syrup prepared with diethylene glycol (a toxic chemical used in antifreeze) led to 89 deaths in Haiti in 1995 and 30 infant deaths in India in 1998.
Of the one million deaths that occur from malaria annually, as many as 200,000 would be avoidable if the medicines available were effective, of good quality and used correctly.
A study conducted in South-East Asia in 2001 revealed that 38% of 104 antimalarial drugs on sale in pharmacies did not contain any active ingredients and had resulted in a number of preventable deaths.
In 1999, at least 30 people died in Cambodia after taking counterfeit antimalarials prepared with sulphadoxine-pyrimethamine (an older, less effective antimalarial) which were sold as Artusenate.
Challenges
Because of a lack of regulation and enforcement, the quality, safety and efficacy of both imported and locally manufactured medicines in many developing countries cannot be guaranteed. Subsequently, smuggling and illegal importation of drugs are often rife. Substandard and counterfeit drugs are then not only sold in these countries but also exported or re-exported.
The situation is worsened by the fact that medicines exported from many industrialized countries are not regulated to the same level as those domestically consumed, while export of drugs to developing countries via free trade zones is increasing. Relabelling of products to mask details of their origin is also known to occur.
Some policy-makers now believe that drug regulation represents an unnecessary barrier to trade and should be reduced to a minimum. Pharmaceuticals, however, cannot be considered a standard commodity since consumers and prescribers are unable to assess their quality, safety and efficacy and the results can be harmful to patients’ health.
Growing international and national trade in alternative medicines, including herbal products, is also becoming more complex following rapid increases in demand. Significant quantities of herbal products are now imported by countries in Europe, North America and Asia. However, the use and production of herbal products remains largely unregulated and their safety and therapeutic value cannot always be guaranteed.
Factors encouraging counterfeiting of drugs
The production of counterfeit drugs need not occur in large infrastructures or facilities. The majority of the counterfeiters apprehended so far carried out their activities in ordinary households, small cottage industries, in backyards or under the shade of a tree.
Counterfeiting of medicines is a hugely lucrative business due to high demand and low production costs. The absence of deterrent legislation in many countries also encourages counterfeiters since there is no fear of being apprehended and prosecuted.
When prices of medicines are high and price differentials between identical products exist there is a greater incentive for the consumer to seek medicines outside the normal supply system. Poverty, then, is one of the major factors in the production and consumption of substandard products.
National action to address substandard and counterfeit medicines
Legislation forms the basis for drug regulation. Medicines need to be safe, effective and of good quality in order to produce the desired effect. Ensuring these properties requires the creation of competent national drug regulatory authorities with the necessary human and other resources to control the manufacture, importation, distribution and sale of medicines.
Governments need to develop strategies to reduce corruption and criminal activity and promote intersectoral cooperation between regulatory authorities, police, customs services and the judiciary to effectively control the drug market and enforce drug regulation.
Since the opening up of trade barriers between countries has led to an increase in counterfeiting, consistent and systematic efforts are needed at the international level. These should include the timely and appropriate exchange of information and the harmonization of measures to prevent the spread of these phenomena.
Some countries have begun to make serious efforts to address the counterfeit medicines issue. In China last year, for instance, the State Drug Administration closed 1,300 illegal factories and investigated cases of counterfeit drugs worth US$ 57million.
WHO action to address substandard and counterfeit medicines
The overall goal of WHO support has been to promote the regular availability and accessibility of affordable essential medicines of good quality. WHO provides support to countries to strengthen pharmaceutical legislation, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), national drug regulatory capacity and performance, to promote information exchange among drug regulatory authorities and to strengthen drug procurement. WHO also works with countries to ensure that quality assurance is built into the entire drug supply chain.
Guidance materials have been prepared for countries in relation to product assessment and registration, distribution of medicines, basic tests and laboratory services. Nine GMP training workshops were held in Africa and Asia and twenty WHO GMP training modules were produced in English and translated into Spanish for Latin America. CD-ROM versions of these were translated into Chinese and Japanese and distributed to 5,800 government officials and regulatory authorities staff. The GMP modules are regularly used for training in medicine regulation, including the registration of HIV/AIDS medicines.
The WHO pre-qualification of HIV/AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis medicines is also a major contribution to improving the quality of medicines for widespread conditions. It assesses products and manufacturers and provides the list of those meeting WHO standards to countries and procurement agencies to promote the purchase of good quality medicines. Given the rising demand for assistance from countries, WHO is intensifying work in the areas of anti-counterfeiting, quality and safety control of medicines as part of its task of promoting greater access to safe, effective treatment.
http://www.gphf.org/....htm#weltweites

http://www.gphf.org/...ws/news0398.htm
Counterfeit Medicines - An unscrupulous business
http://www.gphf.org/....htm#weltweites
What is being counterfeited? Four types of medicine counterfeiting
Basically, everything is being counterfeited: active ingredients, dosage forms, package inserts, packaging, manufacturers’ names, batch numbers, expiry dates and documentation relating to supposed quality controls. Counterfeiting can be sub-divided into four different types:
1. The perfect imitation of a preparation with the same active ingredients and identical packaging. From a medical point of view, the risk associated with this is small, assuming that the quality of such preparations is correct.
2. Counterfeit drugs in packaging identical to that of a trademarked product. In general, such drugs contain the active ingredient stated; however, its quality is often poor and the quantity thereof is insufficient. The consequences of this are: lack of efficacy and - in the case of antibiotics - the development of resistances by pathogens.
3. A product looks like a genuine drug but contains no active ingredient. Even in cases where the counterfeit drug "only" contains glucose: the patient’s disease will neither be cured nor will any pain be alleviated.
4. The counterfeited drug contains harmful or poisonous substances and leads to physical injury or death.
"All you need to counterfeit drugs is a person with access to a small laboratory, a propensity for theft and a total disregard of human dignity."
(Milton Silverman, University of San Francisco)

#47 vortexentity

• 243 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 05:50 AM

I can not believe this. Nootropi with broken english. I am going to laugh over this thread for a great while I think. [lol]

#48 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:01 AM

"I took generic Piracetam and it does not work the same and I am convince is counterfeits."

You took one company's generic product and decided they are all fake?

"I tell you I am expert"

That is nice. Talk is cheap and since you refuse to tell us what kind of expert, and continue to babble on about a topic we have asked you to stop, you have low credibility.

Why don't you find posts by someone named Nootropi. He has a web site which is mentioned (I think) in his signature. It sounds like you two have much in common and your expertise would be appreciated there.

#49 yassiryemek

• 14 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:05 AM

You see, you no concern to answer the questions about the quality. So you don't know the quality.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#50 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:44 AM

yassiryemek,

Know the quality of what exactly? 1fast400? Ask him for the assay, he will be more than happy to provide it. If you don't like the assay then buy from someone else.

LifeMirage has answered your points quite clearly. We have all learned to respect LifeMirage's reasoning. You seem incapable of answering his points on your own, instead you rely on long pasted responses from LEF's website.

If you like LEF, buy from them. End of story.

This thread is too reminiscent of ones that turned quite sour in the past.

This thread is now closed.

Edited by elrond, 09 April 2005 - 06:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users