• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Truth.

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 12:21 PM

Hegemon,

It seems to me that knowing the truth is a fundamental human motivation. Although, it can be superceded by other motivations in some situations.

I believe there is no more superior goal than finding the so called absolute truth, although it sounds a little absurd... I mean what will come out of it?? Heh for answering that question we have to first get the answer of... well the absolute truth. I'd call it maybe The Meaning of Life.
Err, since it contains more than that, everything about death and other dimensions that may work totally different without terms, life may not even have there a meaning.

What is absolute truth?

Cause and effect my friends.

Maybe that's what you refer as it is when the term comes up, but that's not what Jaguar means here by 'absolute truth'. We discussed this already.

I think that finding that truth is sort of pretty much impossible, but I can also tell, I won't ever stop searching.
That is kinda promising me that I'll never get bored by living without limits, eternity to my liking.

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#62 jaguar

• Topic Starter
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 01:51 AM

I think I've come up with a better name.

How does this sound?

"Formula Equating Existance" I think it still need fine tuning due to various definition "existance" can take. Why do you guys think of it?

#63 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 09:27 AM

Ugh, I think that's nameless [glasses].
Maybe, The Completed Theory...

Yours
~Infernity

sponsored ad

• Advert

#64 th3hegem0n

• 379 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 04:18 PM

Are you referring to the "Grand Unified Theory"?

edit: Or is it something way more extreme, like knowing the cause of every possible observable event down to the point of quantum physics, or whatever the grand unified theory finds to be the underlying cause-effect structure in the universe.

#65 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 04:25 PM

Hegemon,
And that question was directed to...? (Me or Jaguar?)

Yours
~Infernity

#66 jaguar

• Topic Starter
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 09:14 PM

ah, yes. probably the grand unified. i'm not too learned in the fields of science and math atm

#67 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 09:53 PM

Ah K, I think that just answered my question [glasses]

~Infernity

#68 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 04:36 AM

the meaning of life is to give life meaning.

Either that or the answer to the ultimate question is 42. Now if I could just figure out the ultimate question... :))

#69 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 05:20 AM

(Don)

Infernity
Its physically impossible to go lower than absolute zero Infernity.  Absolute zero would imply that there is zero energy in a system.  It is also impossible to even reach a temperature of absolute zero because there will always be some level of residual/contaminant energy in a closed system (at least at our current level of technological sophistication - there could be advances that are as of yet unforseen).

The primary reason absolute zero can't be reached is not because there will always be residual energy in a system(meaning it just becomes harder and harder to get rid of what's left), but because empty space with no energy continuously generates energy out of nothing. This is both positive and negative energy so on the macro sense it cancels out, but in terms of moving individual particles a tiny amount it's quite random. And remember, both positive and negative energy can do work. And molecular motion is heat. The quantum world is a very chaotic environment.

This is what people mean when they talk about zero point energy, or quantum flucuations in the space time continuum.

#70 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 07:06 AM

Either that or the answer to the ultimate question is 42. Now if I could just figure out the ultimate question... :))

Heh Elrond, reminds me- don't forget to bring supply of towels to your 10,000 birthday [lol] , remember? the universe will be much safer :))

Hmmm, Elrond, does vacuum has temperature? and what about ether? does it exist? does it have temperature? here are few interesting things on ether that I've found:

• ether
[>] Old theory for the medium once believed to conduct radio waves.

• Ether
[>] Because light consists of waves, the belief that all waves must be channeled through a medium (as sound through air or water) led 19th century physicists to construct ether as the medium supporting the propagation of light. However, the Michelson-Morley Experiment showed that if ether existed it could not be observed. It also demonstrated, more generally, that the construct of a physical medium is inessential for research into communication processes. (Krippendorff)

• Aether
[>] Aether, Ether (Greek) [from aitho shining, fire] The upper or purer air as opposed to aer, the lower air; the clear sky; the abode of the gods. In Classical antiquity it denoted primordial substance, Proteus or protyle, the unitary source both of all substances and energies, the mask of all kosmic phenomena. Often used loosely to embrace a domain which extends from the All-Father himself down to the atmosphere of our earth. Vergil speaks of "Jupiter omnipotens aether," and Cicero describes aether as the ultimate zone of heaven encircling, embracing, and permeating all things. At one time a member of the pantheon and object of veneration, at another the quest of the alchemist in search of the "absolute element" which would give him power over nature, and finally a hypothetical medium of science for conveying light waves.
Sometimes aether is used in translating the Sanskrit akasa, which has the same etymological and philosophical meaning. Here it is an element or principle coming after manas and kama and before the astral light and ether. Again, it is a high aspect of akasa, having itself also seven subordinate aspects. There are in kosmic space at least seven aethers or prakritis, which exist one within the other in a rising scale of spirituality. Collectively they may be called spirit-aether or akasa.
to be continue "Aether2"

[>]• Aether2
Generally in The Secret Doctrine it is the fifth kosmic element from below, a link between kosmic mind or mahat and the lower manifested world, the vehicle of the former and the parent of the latter. Looking at aether in a more general kosmic way, it is the field of activity of the kosmic Third Logos, Brahma-prakriti, and therefore the great womb of manifested being, the treasure house of all kosmic types, forth from which they flow at the opening of manifestation and back into which they will again be ingathered at the beginning of kosmic pralaya. It is in consequence the great mother-substance out of which all the hierarchies are built. It interpenetrates everything, lasting from the beginning of the universal manvantara to its end, and indeed, may be said to continue, in its most spiritualized form throughout kosmic pralaya as the seed-house or storehouse from which everything will flow into manifestation again when the new period of kosmic activity arrives. Considered as the cosmic mother of all things, aether in its highest feminine aspect is the same as the Vedic Aditi or the Hera or Juno of Greece and Rome. Thus in one sense it is also mulaprakriti, the generator or producer of the seeds of beginnings and things. The Old Testament refers to aether as the kosmic waters. In its highest parts it is mystically alaya (the kosmic spirit-soul) or what in Northern Buddhism is called svabhavat, more mystically adi-buddhi.

• Ethereal
[>] Ethereal, Ethereality Used in an attempt to define states of matter more refined and less dense than familiar physical matter. The differences between the higher divisions of matter is analogous to the corresponding subdivisions of physical matter -- solid, liquid, gas, and fiery. Thus the characteristic of the solid is fixity of form, restriction of movement; that of liquid, mobility; of gas, expansibility; while the fiery element among other things is exempt from gravitation. The major divisions of matter must be graded on a somewhat analogous scale.
There is a clear distinction between
1) akasa;
2) the astral light; and
3) ether.
Akasa in its higher portions is pure spirit; the astral light is the seventh or highest division of our physical cosmic plane and may even in a sense be called the most subtle part of the terrestrial atmosphere; whereas ether is a material agent or stuff interpenetrating molecular matter, and is therefore even more gross than is the astral light. In one sense these three are the highest, the very low, and the lowest parts of spirit or akasa itself, the physical stuff or body of our plane being its lees or dregs.

• ether
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ether
\e"ther\ (?), n. [l. aether, gr. &?;, fr. &?; to light up, kindle, burn, blaze; akin to skr. idh, indh, and prob. to e. idle: cf. f. éther.] [written also ?ther]
[>] (physics) a medium of great elasticity and extreme tenuity, supposed to pervade all space, the interior of solid bodies not excepted, and to be the medium of transmission of light and heat; hence often called luminiferous ether.
[>] supposed matter above the air; the air itself.
[>] (chem.) (a) a light, volatile, mobile, inflammable liquid, (c2h5)2o , of a characteristic aromatic odor, obtained by the distillation of alcohol with sulphuric acid, and hence called also sulphuric ether. it is powerful solvent of fats, resins, and pyroxylin, but finds its chief use as an an?sthetic. called also ethyl oxide. (b) any similar oxide of hydrocarbon radicals; as, amyl ether; valeric ether.

• ether
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Noun
[>] a colorless volatile highly inflammable liquid formerly used as an inhalation anesthetic
(synonym) ethoxyethane, divinyl ether, vinyl ether, diethyl ether, ethyl ether
(hypernym) inhalation anesthetic, inhalation anaesthetic, inhalation general anesthetic, inhalation general anaesthetic
(hyponym) enflurane, Ethrane
(derivation) etherize, etherise
[>] the fifth and highest element after air and earth and fire and water; was believed to be the substance composing all heavenly bodies
(synonym) quintessence
(hypernym) element
(classification) archaism, archaicism
[>] any of a class of organic compounds that have two hydrocarbon groups linked by an oxygen atom
(hypernym) organic compound
[>] a medium that was once supposed to fill all space and to support the propagation of electromagnetic waves
(synonym) aether
(hypernym) medium

~~

Now relateit to temperature [huh] [?]

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users