* * * * * 3 votes

Ladasten/Bromantan

bromantane

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#91 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:35 PM

THT sells this pretty cheap. I'm wondering if there are any more experience reports on it. I find it really mellow. 

#92 crazepharmacist

• 94 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:32 PM

Would bromantan be safe to take with Selegiline(5mg)?

Edited by crazepharmacist, 02 September 2014 - 03:33 PM.

• Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#93 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:39 PM

Would bromantan be safe to take with Selegiline(5mg)?

Seems like it. If anything it should potentiate the dopamine effects of it. 

#94 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:28 PM

any updates? has anyone else tried this?

#95 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:38 PM

I actually received a sample of this from Awakebrain.Com. I also received Etifoxine(stresam), Adrafinil and Phenotropil. Free sample. Very generous. Had to toss the Etifoxine though because I read a few studies of it inducing opiate withdrawal in people on Methadone. I've been prescribed Bupenorphine for some time now. I took one 50mg dose and tossed the rest. Hard to say if there are effects though.

I will report after using Ladasten. Everything I've read seems to say take once in awhile. Once a week due to some sort of tolerance.

#96 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:04 AM

I looked up the profile of Bromantane, very interesting in that it is a stimulant and an anxiolytic as well, kinda contradicts each other but are there other drugs of this kind? What class of drug would it be considered, simply stimulant and anxiolytic?

#97 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:07 PM

NewStarNootropics is now stocking it for a good price w/ COA, so hopefully there will be some more user reports flowing in soon.

• Agree x 1

#98 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:02 PM

Just saw it. 

Awakebrain sells the original pill version from Russia. They even offer a tiny sample which has other nootropic samples as well:

http://awakebrain.co...ic-sampler.html

It would be cool to try the original Russian version vs. the bulk powders to see the difference.

#99 pinnacle

• 62 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:01 PM

Ordered 10 grams (from NSN), will update when it arrives. Am also taking Tianeptine and plan to combine the two. But may take a fortnight off the Tia to ascertain the effects of Bro by itself.

• Cheerful x 1

#100 renodino

• 11 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:43 PM

I've been using phenylpiracetam regularly (about 3-4 days a week) over the past year to pick me up when I'm working out (90-100 minute spin sessions; trying to drop some excess tonnage). But phenyl makes me anxious and a bit irritable, and definitely effects my ability to sleep at night (even tho I take it at breakfast).

Lately, I've been dealing with some life challenges that already made me anxious, and the phenyl would amplify that significantly, so I was intrigued when I saw NSN had bromantane available, after reading about its anxiolytic as well as stimulant effects.

After I got my order from NSN, I washed out all noots for 5 days before starting the bromantane.

Day 1: took 80 mg sublingual at the start of the day. It took about 2.5-3 hours to kick in, but definitely gave a good stimulant boost, as well as nice anxiolytic effect. The stimulant effect seemed to fade after about 6-7 hours, and I slept well at night.

Day 2: took 90 mg. While the anxiolytic effect continued, didn't feel any stimulant effect.

Day 3: took 100 mg, with same effect as previous day (nice anxiolytic, no stimulant)

Day 4 and 5: skipped, to see if there's a tolerance issue.

Day 6: took 110 mg. Definitely felt both anxiolytic and stimulant effects. Great stimulant (but not edgy or nervous), and nice calming ("everything's gonna be OK") effect.

Day 7: took 110 mg, with 120 mg Noopept. Very nice: alert, energetic, and a great positive attitude. Seems to stack well with noopept.

Day 8: took 125 mg, along with 120 mg Noopept. Also a great effect, but possibly too much stimulant: not edgy or nervous, just a bit hyperactive, and later, a bit feverish.

Day 9: took 115 mg, with 120 mg Noopept. Anxiolytic effect continued, but stimulant effect was muted.

Day 10: took 115 mg, but without Noopept. Still good anxiolytic effect, but no noticeable stimulant effect.

Day 11: took 120 mg, mixed with juice rather than sublingual, plus 120 mg Noopept. Sublingual dosing was corroding my mouth, so I thought I'd try a direct oral dose. I've not found any docs to indicate what method provides best bio-availability. The effect was pretty weak, no stimulant, and not as anxiolytic. Also noticed the anxiolytic wore off sooner. Its possible the oral vs. sublingual dosing isn't as bio-available.

Day 12: took 115 mg + 1g Oxiracetam. Wanted to see if other racetams stack well with it. Seems like a good stack, as I was researching numerous things simultaneously and was able to keep track of it all (tho mentally exhausted at the end of the day!)

Day 13: took 120 mg + 1g oxiracetam : continued nice effect, tho I definitely think bromantane has a tolerance issue wrt stimulant effect.

Day 14: took 120 mg + 200mg nefi. Also seems like a good stack for research/study activities.

I give bromantane a thumbs up for its anxiolytic effect, but only so-so as a stimulant. Its really helped me deal with anxiety and think more clearly ("EGBOK"), but the stimulant effects may be subject to a rapid tolerance build. I've got a couple more doses left, and will try them after a week or so to see if the tolerance issue subsides. This may be something that is best cycled 2-3 days on, 2-3 days off.

All the dosing info I've found says bromantane is something to be taken daily for 2 weeks, and then done for a long time. I've been using colu for quite awhile with some success, tho lately the effects haven't been as positive (I suspect colu may have some insulin interaction as I noticed the decline in effect when I started a very low carb diet). The positive attitude effect of bromantane is very noticeable, really helped me work through anxiety without falling into "panic mode". It also seems to amplify the endorphin rush of strenuous exercise. However, I don't think the anxiolytic effect is persistent, as I tend to feel some anxiety in the morning before dosing.

I've not experienced any of the stomach upset issues that have been reported elsewhere (reddit, etc.). However, I have noticed more sensitivity to alcohol: a relatively low alcohol beer with dinner feels more like a couple shots of liquor.

I'm going to switch to picamilon to see how it compares.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#101 HappyShoe

• 213 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:27 PM

I think it's similar to a Tricyclic Antidepressant to a degree. I have been taking it for almost 2 months, I started at 50mg, then 100, then 150 for a while, then 100, then 50, and finally 30mg. I ran out and despite the producers saying it doesn't cause withdrawal effects upon discontinuation, I am extremely lethargic and have trouble getting out of bed, and oversleeping. Granted I have an adrenal problem, but this is way worse than normal. Only day 3 of discontinuation so hopefully it will improve soon. The reason I think it is similar to a TCA is because the discontinuation syndrome from TCA withdrawal is mainly lethargy, nightmares, and mild headache/gastrointestinal disturbances, which is what I'm experiencing. It's not awful except the fatigue though, I feel like I've taken a strong anticholinergic like Diphenhydramine(Benadryl) combined with a strong Benzo. My body feels unstable physically. I'll share how it goes in a few days.

#102 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:37 AM

Someone had mentioned on reddit about Bromantane's anticholinergic possibility. I never noticed it. I only took half the 50 mg tablet, and even at 25 mg it was a powerful drug.

I think it's similar to a Tricyclic Antidepressant to a degree. I have been taking it for almost 2 months, I started at 50mg, then 100, then 150 for a while, then 100, then 50, and finally 30mg. I ran out and despite the producers saying it doesn't cause withdrawal effects upon discontinuation, I am extremely lethargic and have trouble getting out of bed, and oversleeping. Granted I have an adrenal problem, but this is way worse than normal. Only day 3 of discontinuation so hopefully it will improve soon. The reason I think it is similar to a TCA is because the discontinuation syndrome from TCA withdrawal is mainly lethargy, nightmares, and mild headache/gastrointestinal disturbances, which is what I'm experiencing. It's not awful except the fatigue though, I feel like I've taken a strong anticholinergic like Diphenhydramine(Benadryl) combined with a strong Benzo. My body feels unstable physically. I'll share how it goes in a few days.

#103 pinnacle

• 62 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:48 AM

I didn't get a whole lot from Broman, will give it another run from a different vendor just to be sure. Somedays I noticed I wasn't as fatigued as I anticipated I would be due to lack of sleep, but I'm not sure enough to say it wasn't placebo. Maybe I had too high expectations for Bromantane. As for anxiolytic effects, nothing to speak of.

#104 HappyShoe

• 213 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:36 AM

You guys have to realize, it's a reuptake inhibitor, it's going to take a while to become effective. You really shouldn't even begin to notice an effect for at least 2 weeks, if not 3, and even then, it's pretty mild. It's more things you don't notice than things you do. For example, not getting fatigued as easily, having less trouble waking up in the morning, increased body temperature/resistance to cold(in particular); stuff like that. I normally run hot, but this stuff makes me a furnace, and once I get going with a little bit of physical activity, I don't get cold at all. Took 100mg for me to notice anything too. 50mg is a low dose, 100 is average, and 150-200mg is high.

Edited by HappyShoe, 05 June 2015 - 03:37 AM.

• Ill informed x 1

#105 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 June 2015 - 08:20 AM

Mine was the original Russian tablet version not a bulk powder. I noticed 25 mg to be effective. I got it from awakebrain,com

You guys have to realize, it's a reuptake inhibitor, it's going to take a while to become effective. You really shouldn't even begin to notice an effect for at least 2 weeks, if not 3, and even then, it's pretty mild. It's more things you don't notice than things you do. For example, not getting fatigued as easily, having less trouble waking up in the morning, increased body temperature/resistance to cold(in particular); stuff like that. I normally run hot, but this stuff makes me a furnace, and once I get going with a little bit of physical activity, I don't get cold at all. Took 100mg for me to notice anything too. 50mg is a low dose, 100 is average, and 150-200mg is high.

#106 deeptrance

• 267 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 05:17 AM

You guys have to realize, it's a reuptake inhibitor, it's going to take a while to become effective. 

The delayed effect is due to half-life, not the fact that it's a reuptake inhibitor. Consider cocaine, which is also a reuptake inhibitor and not a releaser or agonist.

Also, bromantane's effects aren't delayed to the degree you suggest, as the half life really isn't very long compared to prescription SSRIs (for example.) It's not something that requires more than a few days of use to reach relatively stable serum concentration levels. On the other hand, it's a far cry from cocaine.

Bromantane does have many other interesting pharmacological properties that may better explain the cumulative effects you described, such as its adaptogenic benefits.

Edited by deeptrance, 11 August 2015 - 05:21 AM.

#107 InquilineKea

• 773 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 09:08 PM

What about its effects on APP? See https://www.reddit.c...ane_is_the_one/

I'm 90% sure that's a bad thing, in part because activation of that gene promotor should product more APP (which is then cleaved to amyloid peptides) and the cytosolic proteins that seem to bind to the SAA element (Sp-1, AP-4, AP-1) are more involved in inflammation and chronic disease than they are in any protective effect.

It reads like the compound allows anything that would normally act on the SAA element to act better, which when paired with a pro-Alzheimer's agent might promote the aggregation over a long period of time.

Edited by InquilineKea, 05 November 2015 - 09:08 PM.

#108 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:23 AM

I think I came across upon googling that Bromantane has some neurotoxic effects, but so do other compounds like meth (Desoxyn). How are you guys liking Bromantane?

#109 renodino

• 11 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:32 PM

That reddit thread is interesting, and timely, as I just dug out the bromantane I had left from my earlier experiments, and was thinking of trying it again. Now I think I'll just toss it. I've been using picamilon regularly for the past 6 months with very good effect, and stacking with phenylpiracetam a few days a week when I need an energy boost. It works much better for me than brom, the pica seems to suppress the irratibility I usually get from phenyl, and also helps with general anxiety.

• Agree x 1

#110 deeptrance

• 267 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 10:08 PM

I'm at least 2 weeks in to daily usage of bromantane, first thing in the morning, dosages ranging from 20 to 100 mg a day. At the higher end it interfered with my ability to get to sleep.

I'm so impressed with bromantane that I ordered another 10 grams. As others have said, it's a strange drug with effects that can be hard to describe and even a bit "weird." I completely relate to most people's experience reports. 

The primary benefit I'm experiencing from bromantane is that it has almost completely shut down my usage of less friendly substances (mainly 4-FA and 5-MAPB.) Bromantane's pharmacology is complicated and odd enough that it can interact pretty negatively with other drugs. It really amplifies catecholamine-releasing stimulants, to a point where I've felt like it was dangerous and causing some very uncomfortable heart palpitations and mild quasi-psychotic cognitive effects.

So, maybe you're thinking this all sounds pretty bad and it doesn't make sense that I'd order a bunch more of it... but its effects are highly functional and not at all euphoric, and I need to stop chasing euphoria. For me, it's serving as a sobriety enhancer with respect to TRAs and empathogens. On the other hand, as others have also noted, it does seem to pair well with certain other substances that are less stimulating. I would like to try it with a microdose of a mellow hallucinogen, for example. I've used it in conjunction with my usual microdose of 5-meo-mipt every day and even though this has been a good combo, I think it could be improved by using a different tryptamine that is less pushy on the norepinephrine transporter.

Bromantane is a bit too dopaminergic and *feels* anti-serotonergic to me, although I realize this is contrary to what the pharmacology alleges. The worst side effect I've experienced from it is a general sense of mild aggression, impatience, and irritability. But it's WEIRD because I'll be feeling irritated and indifferent at the same time. This has caused some problems with my behavior, most notably in the form of some intensely hostile comments that I've posted about political topics online. Bromantane has made it easier for me to not care what happens. So whereas I would normally feel bad about feeling irritated, on bromantane I feel fine about feeling irritated! Does this make sense to anyone?

For those who've used this drug, can you relate? It's a very strange thing and if channeled properly I think it could be a positive effect.

I can direct my energy on bromantane to a large extent, such that I can choose to focus on being kind and compassionate rather than just running with the natural tendency to be a flaming dick. I feel like I have greater access to behavioral and mental switches that change my attitudes and emotions, so I want to continue pursuing this and see if I can use this drug to kick my amphetamine-empathogen habit while also increasing mindfulness and compassion. Not an easy combination of goals, but it feels possible with the assistance of this fascinating molecule.

• like x 1

#111 deeptrance

• 267 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:58 AM

Another update... this thread seems to be completely dead but it will still turn up in searches for info on Bromantane, so here's my latest:

I received my 10 grams of bromantane and continued taking it, but things went downhill as I combined it with other substances. I mean, WAY downhill. What I've realized is that I'd have to stop taking other things entirely if I want to get the benefits of bromantane without the negative effects that I've experienced. 

I ended up almost psychotic one night about a week ago and haven't touched it since. My worst experience involved taking bromantane on the same day that I also took moxy and U-47700. Untangling the pharmacological implications of these complex substances and their potential interactions is way beyond my capacity to endeavor, but suffice to say that it's not wise to combine complex psychoactive drugs the way I've often done.

• Agree x 2

#112 IP3

• 101 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 10:39 AM

I was taking bromantane with tianeptine for a week, and it gives me constant meditation-hypomaniac like state. It popped out whet i take 5 drops of cbd oil. I hope miraculus efects of this mix come back after little break.

I have adhd but i cannot take methylphenidate due to side effects, so i develop my own combo: clonidine, tianeptine and bromantane, first act on noradrenaline, two seconds on dopamine.

Anticholinergic side effects in my cause are terrible and hard to handle (i take only 50 mg morning). Sahara in mouth. I produce 1/5 of saliva less, than before starting bromantane.

#113 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:30 PM

Any updates on Bromantan?

#114 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 03:39 PM

Any updates on Bromantan?

I heard the original producer stopped manufacturing it so real Bromantane doesn't seem to be available anywhere.

#115 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:18 PM

I heard the original producer stopped manufacturing it so real Bromantane doesn't seem to be available anywhere.

Too bad because it looks pretty interesting.

#116 mono

• 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2018 - 06:54 AM

Well I bought my bromantane from here:
https://www.totalnoo...antane-capsules

I do not know the purity, but it works!

I took 200mg orally today and could feel the effects within a few hours, gradually getting stronger over a few more following hours.

The effects feel to me similar to the stimulant feeling you might have on modafinil and even tramadol. There is a definite dopamine mood boost, and it is quite a nice feeling, but not quite like amphetamine and not euphoric either, more similar to modafinil ime but a bit stronger than that. I am also getting a visual enhancement too like one might get on a racetam but perhaps not as strong. I can feel a slight reduction in anxiety but to be honest it is nothing to write home about.

Not sure what else to say, I feel alert and my mood is mildly enhanced which is nice. Not sure it’s enough to warrant me buying more however. I can feel it making a definite difference to the level of fatigue I would normally have each day, but I haven’t tested it out with proper exercise.

I will continue experimenting daily for the next week or two and see if the effects change through accumulation like it is said to do.

#117 mono

• 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2018 - 04:05 PM

Sorry to double post but I am unable to edit my previous post.

Day 2 on bromantane and I can already feel it becoming stronger. Today I could feel the effects within an hour, and they have been growing stronger over the following hours.

The mood boost is comparable to a low dose amphetamine and definitely has a mild type of euphoria to it. I feel great, my depression has really lifted now, and on top of that the stimulation has a very calm, clean feel to it, which I assume is the anxiolytic effect.

My experience so far has been great, I am obviously a responded to bromantane. I think I will definitely be acquiring some more of this as the effects seem to build up as I continue taking it.

Edited by mono, 23 November 2018 - 04:16 PM.

#118 mono

• 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 November 2018 - 08:18 AM

Well I will post one more update saying that after a few more days later of using bromantane it has been giving me terrible anxiety, so much that I feel a need to stop using it. Both my depression and fatigue have magnified and I am getting these very uncomfortable hot flashes. The mood boosting effects are more so intermittent and being overpowered by negative effects I am getting. I will give bromantane a few more days, but if this is how it is going to continue to work I will have to discontinue my usage.

#119 MankindRising

• 178 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 November 2018 - 06:28 PM

Well I will post one more update saying that after a few more days later of using bromantane it has been giving me terrible anxiety, so much that I feel a need to stop using it. Both my depression and fatigue have magnified and I am getting these very uncomfortable hot flashes. The mood boosting effects are more so intermittent and being overpowered by negative effects I am getting. I will give bromantane a few more days, but if this is how it is going to continue to work I will have to discontinue my usage.

Sorry to hear that man, I know what its like to experience benefits of a med/supp only for it to slip away or shift towards side effects/negative effects.

Hope I dont get the same response as you do as I want to give bromantane a try in the future.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#120 mono

• 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2018 - 01:56 AM

Well I am not giving up just yet :) but thanks for sharing. Hopefully all goes well when you trial the bromantane.

According to the Russian website the recommended course of treatment is 2-4 weeks and that can eliminate fatigue. I actually have a form of CFS and am willing to keep going with this if it is going to give me some relief from the horrible fatigue I get most days.

I am not exactly sure how bromantane works and if it increases neuroplasticity or genesis, but after expressing how terrible I was feeling to a close friend, I felt a ton better and today the anxiety seems to have disappeared and I am left with a nice mood boost and a reduction in fatigue also. So it felt almost like I was releasing some old patterns in a cathartic manner, but I will need more time to be sure. I will continue dosing to see if I can get cumulative benefits and a reduction in anxiety. I am definitely feeling quite good and better than I normally would today, I am alert and relaxed it is subtle but very nice. It is like a really clean and clear stimulation, it gives me a feeling of clarity, it is stronger than caffeine but perhaps not as strong as a moderate dose of amphetamine. I feel that it would be worthwhile to continue the bromantane for another few weeks, as long as the anxiety and depression doesn’t get out of hand again like it did previously.

I am also prescribed duloxetine (SNRI) and lithium carbonate and have not noticed any interactions. Today I am really liking bromantane.

Edited by mono, 28 November 2018 - 02:25 AM.

• Cheerful x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bromantane

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users