Chase Community Giving.

charity non-profit india children

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 suspire

• 583 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

Hey guys,

I'm asking for a little help with a charity I support: The Shanti Bhavan Children's Project: www.shantibhavanonline.org

We are competing for the Chase Community Giving grant. It's 5 million split between the top 196 charities to garner votes. I think thousands are competing, so placing is tough, but as of this posting, we're holding in the top 196 and if we manage to stay there, we get $10,000. If we can break into the top 99, we get $20,000.

That money could go a long way for our kids. They come primarily from the Dalit, or Untouchable caste, and are from families that make less than $1 a day. Many are orphans or come from single-mother households. They have had few options or opportunities to uplift themselves. That's where we come in: Shanti Bhavan is a full-fledged boarding school that takes in kids from the age of 4 until they graduate from high-school...and then pays for their entire undergraduate degree. We are breaking the cycle of poverty in a single generation.

So I am asking for a little help. I just need two things:

1) Please vote for Shanti Bhavan Children's Project here: https://apps.faceboo.../ein/26-4188445
2) Please get the word out and ask people to vote for us via FB, Twitter, or any other social media you might have.

It'd be amazing if the community could help us win this thing!

Edited by suspire, 17 September 2012 - 07:47 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: charity, non-profit, india, children

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users