Photo
- - - - -

Hair Rejuvenation

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

So here's a new twist. A vitamin D analog that is reported to grow hair back.
http://saypeople.com.../#axzz2SRgJZsMR

Here's the case report - http://www.ncbi.nlm....f/ad-24-341.pdf

That's for alopecia areata, not male pattern baldness. Other successful treatments for alopecia areata already exist (e.g., corticosteroids) that unfortunately don't work for male pattern baldness.
  • Good Point x 1

#62 bernard

• Topic Starter
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

That's for alopecia areata, not male pattern baldness. Other successful treatments for alopecia areata already exist (e.g., corticosteroids) that unfortunately don't work for male pattern baldness.

This thread is not MPB-specific.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

This thread is not MPB-specific.

Yes, but the thread title addresses age-related hair loss and possibly graying. Alopecia areata is not hair aging; it is a very specific disease that has nothing to do with aging and whose solution has nothing to do with "hair rejuvenation."
  • Good Point x 1

#64 kai2

• 26 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:06 PM

Very interesting. I'll try to get some L-Threonate. Never heard of it before though, only L-Threonine. I wonder if they are the same or correlated, but that's something I can find on my own.

Hi Tatsumaru, have you tried any of these approaches at this point?

ok, that changes the picture. Unless it's an easy synthesis, you could just get it from Kane and analyze it in your own lab, if you have the instruments. Of course, if you made some, you could make a big batch and sell some of it. I'm still wondering if anyone has tried this yet and reported results. Are there a bunch of people saying that it worked great for them? Anyone who tried it and said it didn't work?

I've monitored the general response and see that a significant percentage report shed and itching are reduced, if not halted. Other results run the gamut as you'd expect from any possible therapy. Some report fairly impressive regrowth with picture evidence, though these users are often using other treatments in conjunction.

There were solubility issues with the first batch of OC000459, so that likely has cooled some of the interest in it.

Any idea which of the two wnt stimulators (Valproate and Threonate) produces better effects ?

Unfortunately, no. Topical threonate has been tried by very few. I also do not know how stable/effective it could be in an Alcohol/PG solution. However, I've personally mapped out the mechanisms of action related to its effects on DKK and feel its a promising avenue for additional research.

I can recall some users reporting success while on Sodium Valproate, but these users almost invariably attribute their success to some other growth stimulant. I remember some scary-sounding side effects, such as bleeding gums. Further, the possible mechanism seems less convincing than threonate's.

Update?

A doctor can prescribe it as a prescription called Daivonex, 50 ug/mL (calcipotriol).

There are numerous sources of another version on the net, sold as non-prescription Dovonex, such ashttps://www.northwes...ovonex ointment which is not just calcipotriol - also containing calcipotriene. I don't know what differences might there be.

Maybe one of the chemists here can chime in and provide details.

Michael

Thanks for sharing this, Michael. Has anyone here tried this approach yet?

#65 ighbal

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

Hi all,

any news regarding any in-house experiment performed using compounds discussed in this thread ?

FYI, don't know if it can help, I am 39 years old, my father is bald and I am full of hair... don't know why exactly, I can just said I took this during my life :

18-20 -> I start to suffer strong hair loss... so i took strong estrogens, i.e. female pills, i.e. DIANE35 and it stopped and reversed completely the process
21-29 -> I stop the treatment cos of side effects - I did not suffer hair loss problem during that period
30-33 -> I started again hair loss, but it was not as strong as when I was 18. So i took DUTASTERIDE and again it stopped and reversed completely the process
33-36 -> I stop the treatment again cos of side effects - I did not suffer hair loss problem during that period neither
37-now -> my hair start again to become "fatty" in less than 48h. So I took EPILOBIUM which is a plant basically (high dosage 4-6 pills a day). it makes my hair heathier again.
  • like x 1

#66 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:58 PM

Been taking Finasteride 1mg for almost 9 years now, and hair loss has stopped since then. My father was completely bald, and i started losing hair at 17 and by the aggressiveness of it i am sure i'd eventually look exactly like my father if i were to continue untreated.

So i take finasteride 1mg, and apply Minoxidil 5% to scalp and every other day use a shampoo with cetoconazol 2%. Plus i had hair transplant surgery two years ago which unmade much of the aesthetic damage that i suffered before 17 (yes it was that aggressive. I developed big entrances before even fully noticing what was going on).

I get mild side effects from finasteride, low libido sometimes, and the hair transplant surgery was very expensive, but i believe it is all worth it. I'm 25 and i plan to fully enjoy life and the fact is that for most people a head full of hair will make a huge positive difference in quality of life (most females generally prefer guys with hair over guys without hair - FACT).
  • like x 1

#67 Huckfinn

• 103 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:04 PM

Staykov, any update?

+

ighbal: which Epilobium supplement are you taking?

Thanks!

#68 CitizenScientist

• 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2015 - 03:24 AM

A doctor can prescribe it as a prescription called Daivonex, 50 ug/mL (calcipotriol).

There are numerous sources of another version on the net, sold as non-prescription Dovonex, such ashttps://www.northwes...ovonex ointment which is not just calcipotriol - also containing calcipotriene. I don't know what differences might there be.

Maybe one of the chemists here can chime in and provide details.

Michael

There was a reference in the saypeople.com link to Vitamin D Receptor (VDR) down-regulation.  As pointed out, that was specific to alopecia areata, however that doesn't necessarily invalidate treatments for other hair loss.  Tributyrin up-regulates VDR, so (oral) Tributyrin + Vit K2 + Vit D3 might make a good adjunct to any hair loss prevention protocol, along with topical caffeine.  

#69 Huckfinn

• 103 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 05:27 AM

A (silly?) question: how do you apply caffeine topically without having the whole shower area turning brown...?

#70 zorba990

• 1,601 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 03:11 PM

A (silly?) question: how do you apply caffeine topically without having the whole shower area turning brown...?

There are pure bulk sources available, just be careful -- you would not want to inhale or ingest a large amount
http://purebulk.com/...wder-synthetic/

from the site

WARNING! CAFFEINE may be HIGHLY TOXIC or LIFE THREATENING when consumed in amounts greater than recommended. Consumption of as little as a few grams may result in DEATH. Do not consume more than 200 milligrams (mg) of caffeine in a single serving, or more than 600 milligrams (mg) per day. Accurate measurement of caffeine powder is critical to health and safety and may be performed with a digital gram weight scale precise to 0.01 grams (10 mg) or better. Alternately DO NOT Exceed a 1/16th teaspoon (≈200 mg). Caffeine consumption may result in insomnia, difficulty sleeping and withdrawal headaches. Do not take caffeine if you have a history of heart disease, or if you are pregnant or nursing. Consult your physician before taking this product.

Edited by zorba990, 30 August 2015 - 03:12 PM.

#71 bernard

• Topic Starter
  • 355 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 03:47 AM

First of all caffeine isn't brown it's white so I can only wonder why your shower would turn brown.

Second of all, buying your own caffeine and applying it in self-measured amounts is short of idiotic.

Third - Caffeine does not grow hair it only prevents further hair loss (allegedly).

Fourth - Just use Alpecin with Caffeine or something like that... Don't be stupid.

• Disagree x 1

#72 toasted

• 7 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 10:45 PM

Second of all, buying your own caffeine and applying it in self-measured amounts is short of idiotic.

Why? It saves money and does the same thing.

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users