• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Dihexa: "it would take 10 million times as much BDNF to get as much new synapse formation as Dihexa."

• Please log in to reply
1569 replies to this topic

#571 ZHMike

• 227 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:58 PM

anyone aware of any updates on the actual testing of Dihexa?  like what phase clinical trial is this in? I did a quick search a la google and did not find much.  

#572 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:11 PM

I have no idea on where the clinical trials are at. I don't think there are any at the moment tbh

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#573 ZHMike

• 227 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:21 PM

That is strange, such a promising chemical would be undergoing phase 2 at least trial by now. The fact that it isn't should mean something.  I suppose we will get some info when the group buy get's sent out, I am not part of it but am anxiously awaiting some first hand accounts.  BUT, again I wonder why this has not been picked up by big pharma, in the beginning of this thread my first impulse was that it is too good to be true, perhaps the original researches stumbled upon something that we don't know?   There has to be a reason this did not go anywhere..

#574 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:26 PM

That is strange, such a promising chemical would be undergoing phase 2 at least trial by now. The fact that it isn't should mean something.  I suppose we will get some info when the group buy get's sent out, I am not part of it but am anxiously awaiting some first hand accounts.  BUT, again I wonder why this has not been picked up by big pharma, in the beginning of this thread my first impulse was that it is too good to be true, perhaps the original researches stumbled upon something that we don't know?   There has to be a reason this did not go anywhere..

Watch this video of a talk by Dihexa's inventor for some inkling of what is going wrong with the capital markets.

Dihexa isn't the only crown jewel being left on the ground subsequent to the financial market crisis of 2008.

• like x 2

#575 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:22 PM

Does anyone know if this will promote healing in other organs besides the brain? My lab rat has sustained some liver and heart trauma in the past year, which each led to fun little month long episodes of encephalitis. It seems to potentiate HGF which doesn't seem like a neurospecific MoA.

#576 stponky

• 60 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:32 PM

Does anyone know if this will promote healing in other organs besides the brain? My lab rat has sustained some liver and heart trauma in the past year, which each led to fun little month long episodes of encephalitis. It seems to potentiate HGF which doesn't seem like a neurospecific MoA.

Hm, it doesn't seem likely based on what (little) I've read about dihexa. Maybe something like TB500 would help with repair / inflammation.

Edited by stponky, 30 April 2014 - 08:33 PM.

#577 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:15 AM

Hm, it doesn't seem likely based on what (little) I've read about dihexa. Maybe something like TB500 would help with repair / inflammation.

This shares the same mechanism like Dihexa:

Ethanolic extract of sharah, Plectranthus aegyptiacus, enhances healing of skin wound in rats.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/24382517

#578 amara bin

• 28 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:05 PM

to xks201: do you think when it comes the packaging conditions would be enough safe for IP?

#579 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:31 PM

Yeah I'm working with a guy who has sent stuff international before many times.

#580 amara bin

• 28 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:41 PM

Yo thanks! (and thanks for organizing)

#581 Amorphous

• 220 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:05 AM

Any news on this one?

#582 agora

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:19 PM

Do we really have any evidence that Dihexa can help those other than people with scopolamine induced cognitive deficients? The study compares different compounds (one being dihexa) to control, and there is no information on its effects on healthy individuals. I know some people are looking to dihexa for treatment of some kind of illness, but what about those who hope to see nootropic effects? Have other angiotensin analogs been shown to have a nootropic action in humans?

#583 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:24 PM

Do we really have any evidence that Dihexa can help those other than people with scopolamine induced cognitive deficients? The study compares different compounds (one being dihexa) to control, and there is no information on its effects on healthy individuals. I know some people are looking to dihexa for treatment of some kind of illness, but what about those who hope to see nootropic effects? Have other angiotensin analogs been shown to have a nootropic action in humans?

Yes we do.

See the video of Dr. Harding's presentation.

#584 LearningFromThePast

• 45 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:20 AM

Is this group buy still open? I am included in the Yahoo group, but I have not yet sent my money. I would like to purchase a gram. I know these comments are usually overlooked, but please, can someone tell me if Dihexa is still available?

#585 Posthuman

• 47 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:48 AM

Is this group buy still open? I am included in the Yahoo group, but I have not yet sent my money. I would like to purchase a gram. I know these comments are usually overlooked, but please, can someone tell me if Dihexa is still available?

Apparently yes

http://www.longecity...ganizer/page-10

• like x 1

#586 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:34 PM

See the dihexa faq:

http://dihexa-faq.wi...ki/Wiki_Content

• like x 1

#587 Nemo888

• 214 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:48 AM

I am not sure increasing neuronal regeneration 10 million times is desirable. If you cook a cake at 375f for 30 minutes does not mean that if you cook it at 3750f you only need to cook it for 3 minutes.

I would prefer to go with bioidentical compounds. The only thing these weird peptides have going for them is that they are patentable and profitable. Bioidentical is infinitely safer.

#588 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:30 AM

You can only get so far with bio identical. There are limits to any reaction no matter how fast something acts in a petri dish. You answered your own question there I see. The rats didn't develop anything negative so apparently there is a governing mechanism to restrict excessive whatever effects that could come from such a potent drug.
  • like x 2

#589 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:37 AM

I would prefer to go with bioidentical compounds. The only thing these weird peptides have going for them is that they are patentable and profitable. Bioidentical is infinitely safer.

Yes, but where are the biodentical compounds (at an affordable price anyway) for us to use...? 

In my mind, very small doses of Dihexa certainly worth experimenting with.

#590 Nemo888

• 214 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:58 AM

TB4 is affordable and safe. It is still effective at relatively low doses. I get it for about $4.40/mg. It will drop in price as well. It is 43 peptides long. Even custom peptides are within reach. $250 setup and 40$ per amino in the sequence. Some peptides like oxytocin are only 6 aminos long. The person who makes my TB4 is also considering a GDF11 run if there is enough interest. GDF11 is two sequences of 109 with a disulphide bond so it will not be cheap. My HGH(191 aminos) is paid for by insurance and yes it is pricy. About 45$ a day.

If you go bioidentical your body will know how to metabolize the product and the myriad of metabolites that stem from it. Growing some possibly useless tissue at an alarming rate with unkown metabolites or even fully understanding it's method of action would only only be advisable if you were extremely sick with no other chance of recovery.

Edited by Nemo888, 10 May 2014 - 11:59 AM.

#591 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:52 PM

TB4 is affordable and safe. It is still effective at relatively low doses. I get it for about $4.40/mg. It will drop in price as well. It is 43 peptides long. Even custom peptides are within reach. $250 setup and 40$ per amino in the sequence. Some peptides like oxytocin are only 6 aminos long. The person who makes my TB4 is also considering a GDF11 run if there is enough interest. GDF11 is two sequences of 109 with a disulphide bond so it will not be cheap. My HGH(191 aminos) is paid for by insurance and yes it is pricy. About 45$ a day.

If you go bioidentical your body will know how to metabolize the product and the myriad of metabolites that stem from it. Growing some possibly useless tissue at an alarming rate with unkown metabolites or even fully understanding it's method of action would only only be advisable if you were extremely sick with no other chance of recovery.

Are you getting a mental effect from these or you are giving them as an example? I meant "reasonably priced" neurotrophic factors.

#592 Nemo888

• 214 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:59 PM

I had a mTBI that damaged my anterior pituitary and caused some additional damage. Most of my pituitary hormones were absent. I was hiping the TB4 would improve some slight memory deficits. It didn't work at all for that. It did give me back REM sleep and dreams. I would guess it worked on my pons and hypothalamus. The hgh gave me back deep sleep and relieved many symptoms the army had labelled PTSD.

I tried many different things and perhaps at my worst I would have tried drugs like dihexa. But I have had so much success with bioidentical I am very apprehensive about artificial compounds. If I had taken the SRRI's and benzos prescribed it would have been a tragedy.

#593 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:57 PM

Sorry to hear, but I am glad that you researched and went forward for a novel approach that worked for your situetion. I think most of the people here who are interested to try Dihexa looking for a "mental steroid" than try to ameliorate a health issue.

#594 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:02 PM

I too am on some pituitary hormones for a snowboarding concussion that damaged my pituitary. Yes bioidentical hormones are good and many hormones have some neurosteroid functions. 

Did optimizing all my hormones cure my ADHD or other various minor mental noticeable hiccups? No. And I am not satisfied with the side effects of various medications currently used to treat that sort of thing. Nemo, everyone has to make their own decisions. lol 

In fact even before I had to replace several hormones I still had much room to improve in cognitive performance. When you see people like the rain man or the autistic guy who can play any song in any key on the piano by memory or repeat a complicated piece of music he heard once perfectly you realize there is a lot of potential to the brain that has been untapped. Do we wait another several decades for the FDA to maybe approve something that has potential - and if so approve it in only severely mentally handicapped people or what? I mean really... 

I guarantee you that everyone here is perfectly fine with you not experimenting with anything. 

Edited by xks201, 10 May 2014 - 06:06 PM.

• like x 2

#595 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:51 AM

Honestly I'm most interested in the stuff to treat a bunch of neuropathic symptoms. (It has taken months to get in to see a neurologist, I go this week). If it enhances cognition that's gravy.

#596 Plasticperson

• 246 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:19 AM

sorry if this has been answered but i noticed in this video 

View on Vimeo.

with the rats hanging that the drug used to treat them was MM201. Is MM201 the same as dihexa?

• like x 2

#597 Phoenicis

• 339 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:58 PM

Watch this video of a talk by Dihexa's inventor for some inkling of what is going wrong with the capital markets.

Dihexa isn't the only crown jewel being left on the ground subsequent to the financial market crisis of 2008.

Could you elaborate more on other compounds that are being left unexploited? I find the stories surrounding some of these compounds thoroughly interesting! 

Edited by Phoenicis, 15 May 2014 - 08:01 PM.

#598 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:04 PM

Got an update...synthesis isn't finished yet but there have been no flags on it so that is good. If it was flagged I suppose that would mean they would have to repeat a step. Thanks everyone for your patience. As of now I don't have an eta but I am assuming it will be a few more weeks before we can get it purity tested.
It may take a month or so longer than expected I'm not sure but I will keep everyone updated as soon as I get updates.

#599 dirk.bruere

• Guest Internet Networking Team Leader
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:57 PM

I have read most of the posts in this long thread. What I want to know is whether there is any consensus forming from those who have used dihexa as to whether it does anything substantially better than the usual slew of nootropics. Specifically, in already smart people.

• dislike x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#600 typ3z3r0

• 93 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:59 PM

No-one is known to have used it yet, and the only group-buy's synthesis has not been finished yet, as you can see from the post above yours... Anyway, if your brain is 'healthy', it would be best not to use Dihexa, seeing as though it hasn't been researched in humans. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users