• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Dihexa: "it would take 10 million times as much BDNF to get as much new synapse formation as Dihexa."

• Please log in to reply
1569 replies to this topic

#661 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:51 PM

What experiments were those? I'm on the same thing you are but because I sustained a head injury that left my pituitary with very limited function. One of my hopes with dihexa was to possibly recover some function. Sorry for attempting to do that I guess that makes me a bad person right .

Edited by xks201, 19 July 2014 - 09:52 PM.

#662 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:13 PM

My experience with Dihexa is proving to be something between what xks201 has just described and what the user DHXA explained his own to be around day 12 or 13.

I took about 15 mg's sublingually.  Mind you I'm taking NSI-189 Phosphate right now.  I told myself I wouldn't confound the NSI-189 but I couldn't help myself. 

I was coasting at a fairly regular state of cognition until I took the Dihexa around 3 o'clock.

The first 40 minutes for me, were a little wild.  Colors and definition of angular features on traffic lights were pronounced.  I caught myself thinking hard about fluid statics with an awkwardly keen interest.  As I was in motion, I felt more in motion than usual, sort of like the sensation you get when you're in a sky lift or something.  I had an odd sense of mathematics in just about everything that I looked at. My hearing seemed altered and I was sensitive to the nuances of the treble range on my car's audio system.

I agree about the absence of anxiety.  I noticed myself thinking, "Umm, what the f-k ever" about a number of things going on in my life right now.

It's weird.  I feel like my senses are really, truly heightened.  All in a matter of minutes?  How can this be?

It's a bit soon to say what longer term effects will be, but the stuff is insanely active.

Edited by sk_scientific, 19 July 2014 - 10:15 PM.

• like x 4

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#663 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:02 AM

All I know is that the inventor can thank us all later (especially DHEXA) for most likely making him rich. It is the real deal. Never thought I would see the day where I would turn down a stimulant for lack of need. 

Edited by xks201, 20 July 2014 - 12:03 AM.

#664 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:27 AM

Exciting times!  Exciting times!

#665 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:30 AM

Yes, soon you all will be baptized when our synth gets done. According to DEHXA it is indeed a very tricky synth. And he would know.

Edited by xks201, 20 July 2014 - 12:32 AM.

#666 Nemo888

• 214 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:38 AM

I had an anterior pituitary injury as well. Luckily it happened in the army so my Gucci hormones are free and come with Dr supervision. I do like how army health care is pottery barn rules if they break you. You just need to be patient with paperwork. The HGH and TB4 worked so well I started aromatizing for the first time. As well the PTSD symptoms abated and are almost gone. Aromatizing is a pain but regaining some endogenous regulation is a very good sign.

I am very excited for this as a treatment for Parkinson's.

Edited by Nemo888, 20 July 2014 - 12:40 AM.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#667 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:49 AM

Nice to know we have that in common. I am ignorant of what thymosin beta 4 does. I aromatize any test like crazy without an AI I might as well be on estrogen at any dose. 

Edited by xks201, 20 July 2014 - 12:50 AM.

#668 DHEXA

• 36 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:06 AM

So uhh....The rat is demonstrating cholinergic effectics...alternating with mild anti cholinergic effects. Never seen anything like this. It is as if it is reprogramming the nervous system....unless it's all in my head and I was sent baking soda. Strong anti anxiety effects. Nervous system tonic. Relaxing. Rat shows minor evidence of increased cerebral perfusion.....These are guesses. Now the rat says it almost feels as a mild endorphin stimulant. This all 20 min post dose.that I imagine would mean it is seriously potent.

Would you mind going into a little more detail about cholinergic/anticholinergic & cerebral perfusion?

My experience with Dihexa is proving to be something between what xks201 has just described and what the user DHXA explained his own to be around day 12 or 13.

I took about 15 mg's sublingually.  Mind you I'm taking NSI-189 Phosphate right now.  I told myself I wouldn't confound the NSI-189 but I couldn't help myself. 

I was coasting at a fairly regular state of cognition until I took the Dihexa around 3 o'clock.

The first 40 minutes for me, were a little wild.  Colors and definition of angular features on traffic lights were pronounced.  I caught myself thinking hard about fluid statics with an awkwardly keen interest.  As I was in motion, I felt more in motion than usual, sort of like the sensation you get when you're in a sky lift or something.  I had an odd sense of mathematics in just about everything that I looked at. My hearing seemed altered and I was sensitive to the nuances of the treble range on my car's audio system.

I agree about the absence of anxiety.  I noticed myself thinking, "Umm, what the f-k ever" about a number of things going on in my life right now.

It's weird.  I feel like my senses are really, truly heightened.  All in a matter of minutes?  How can this be?

It's a bit soon to say what longer term effects will be, but the stuff is insanely active.

Did you have any trouble with sublingual administration? I tried it a few times but had a hard time getting it to dissolve.

These effects are very similar to what I noticed as well. The anti anxiety & visual changes were the first things i noticed.
They never really seemed to go away, granted, I've been dosing daily. I was beginning to wonder if those effects were just a big placebo. Now i'm more inclined to suspect my "baseline" has changed.

• like x 2
  • Cheerful x 1

#669 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:26 AM

So uhh....The rat is demonstrating cholinergic effectics...alternating with mild anti cholinergic effects. Never seen anything like this. It is as if it is reprogramming the nervous system....unless it's all in my head and I was sent baking soda. Strong anti anxiety effects. Nervous system tonic. Relaxing. Rat shows minor evidence of increased cerebral perfusion.....These are guesses. Now the rat says it almost feels as a mild endorphin stimulant. This all 20 min post dose.that I imagine would mean it is seriously potent.

Would you mind going into a little more detail about cholinergic/anticholinergic & cerebral perfusion?

Did you have any trouble with sublingual administration? I tried it a few times but had a hard time getting it to dissolve.

These effects are very similar to what I noticed as well. The anti anxiety & visual changes were the first things i noticed.
They never really seemed to go away, granted, I've been dosing daily. I was beginning to wonder if those effects were just a big placebo. Now i'm more inclined to suspect my "baseline" has changed.

Definitely not placebo. Just feels like there is more blood to brain. That sort of feeling, however subjective. Anticholinergic and cholinergic alterations...dry mouth...lots of saliva production...kind of alters back and fourth. You definitely are not feeling those effects as a placebo. I am feeling all the same things SK is. I was quite reliant on stimulants before this. My mental energy is just extreme to the point where I do not see why I would need one. Never thought I would see something as potent as that in the form of a drug... I don't really notice the dry mouth thing anymore at all. Perhaps that indeed was not related. 

Edited by xks201, 20 July 2014 - 01:28 AM.

• Agree x 1

#670 ZHMike

• 227 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:16 AM

So I have been following this thread and this compound seems so promising.. both of you report high mental energy. With the drugs long half life is this interfering with sleep?

#671 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:24 AM

Admittedly, 15 mgs was such a diminutive amount, and the granularity of the powder was so fine, it was hard to detect whether it was soluble or not.  There is quite a good possibility it quickly dissipated into saliva without dissolving and made it into my stomach.  However, I noticed effects within minutes, which took me completely by surprise and indicated to me that at the very least, some amount of the molecules were small enough to make their way through tissue and quickly into my blood stream.

The taste was moderately similar to some other peptides, and yet strangely reminiscent of nsi-189.  No idea why this is.  Not that it's of particular importance.

I've been contemplating the notion of the 'baseline' and at what point the presence and impact of the drug might become 'imperceptible' to people (though obviously I've not had the opportunity to wait it out and see, yet).  I can definitely envision people being attracted to the overwhelming rush of clarity that I experienced today and if not trying to "chase" that by dosing again, then becoming discouraged and thinking the drug was no longer having an action once they have gotten used to an enhanced sensory experience (it's easy to forget how you were then when this is how you are now, so to speak).  Though, I have a suspicion that where there was this sort of intense and overwhelmingly happy experience, the cumulative effects of the long half life may be surprising without re-dosing for a couple of weeks.  We shall see.  I'm only speculating here.

One thing is clear, I feel oddly, unusually happy right now.  I'm also fairly deep in thought and in want of stimulating activity.

I'm confident that I'm going to need to find a way to have enough of this locked away in a cabinet to save for the future.  I wonder what the stability or shelf-life of Dihexa is.

Edited by sk_scientific, 20 July 2014 - 02:36 AM.

• Well Written x 2
  • like x 2

#672 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:32 AM

So I have been following this thread and this compound seems so promising.. both of you report high mental energy. With the drugs long half life is this interfering with sleep?

Neither xks201, nor I have had the opportunity to ascertain this impact, though the user DHXA reports no sleep disturbances.

• Informative x 1

#673 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:06 AM

I mean I worked out today heavy with weights and usually I do that at night because I have zero energy for anything after. 400lb bench pressing, 500 in the Smith machine. Surprisingly I don't feel tired. I feel like if I wanted to sleep though I could. The best way I could describe it is feeling like you got the best sleep of your life the night before...even if you didn't...and even after activity that would otherwise be exhausting.
  • Enjoying the show x 4
  • like x 2

#674 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:53 AM

Edit can't respond on phone

Edited by drg, 20 July 2014 - 03:54 AM.

#675 HappyShoe

• 213 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:36 AM

Feeling well rested sounds wonderful. I feel like I've been awake for a week straight pretty much every day. Can't wait for the synth to finally be done, would love to start living my life normally again.

#676 fairy

• 143 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:19 AM

I would like to read a review from isochroma one day

QFroX6u.gif

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#677 therein

• 226 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:50 AM

I can't imagine what Isochroma would say as well. He probably would describe this molecule as the hand of god or something. :)

Either way, I am extremely excited to hear about these preliminary experiences. I have the amount I received from DHEXA next to me right now. I am currently out of state so I don't have my mg scale with me. I got so excited that I ordered a new mg scale from Amazon just to test this. I'll be receiving it on Tuesday and taking it in the morning.

Edited by therein, 20 July 2014 - 07:50 AM.

• like x 3
  • Cheerful x 2
  • unsure x 1

#678 focus83

• 216 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:27 AM

I haven't been that excited since NSI-189. :)

Did you guys notice an improvement in verbal fluency?

#679 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:40 PM

I mean I worked out today heavy with weights and usually I do that at night because I have zero energy for anything after. 400lb bench pressing, 500 in the Smith machine. Surprisingly I don't feel tired. I feel like if I wanted to sleep though I could. The best way I could describe it is feeling like you got the best sleep of your life the night before...even if you didn't...and even after activity that would otherwise be exhausting.

Do you take steroids?  :) I mean, this is exactly the weight that Arnold Scharzenegger used to do, and even then only when he wanted to impress people when exercising at Venice Beach.

Edited by tolerant, 20 July 2014 - 01:56 PM.

• Cheerful x 2
  • Informative x 1

#680 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

All I know is that the inventor can thank us all later (especially DHEXA) for most likely making him rich. It is the real deal. Never thought I would see the day where I would turn down a stimulant for lack of need. 

Really nice! Same here in the need of stimulants, especially some time now having low energy from a chronic infection that is getting much better but I am still feeling tired, I am self-diagnosed also as ADD-PI, any similar issues? What kind of energy you are lacking, can you specify? Do you feel naturally perked up now? I really hope this lasts for everyone and gets better too!

Edited by Strangelove, 20 July 2014 - 01:55 PM.

#681 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:02 PM

I slept well last night, but I should mention that I generally take 5 mgs of melatonin to do so on a nightly basis.  I didn't wake up buzzing about as I was yesterday but my visual acuity is still excellent.  I would like to have a cup of coffee and see what happens.

#682 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:40 PM

Not yet, but as I was trying to drift off to sleep last night, my recall of the day's events seemed more visually rich in my imagination.

#683 Amorphous

• 220 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

How is everyone's blood pressure? Being a angiotensin IV analogue means it can be an agonist or antagonist. Hopefully this anticipated side-effect isn't too much.

#684 DHEXA

• 36 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

How is everyone's blood pressure? Being a angiotensin IV analogue means it can be an agonist or antagonist. Hopefully this anticipated side-effect isn't too much.

I did note a moderate increase in blood pressure on the last page. I'd recommend monitoring it closely.

I've been contemplating the notion of the 'baseline' and at what point the presence and impact of the drug might become 'imperceptible' to people (though obviously I've not had the opportunity to wait it out and see, yet).  I can definitely envision people being attracted to the overwhelming rush of clarity that I experienced today and if not trying to "chase" that by dosing again, then becoming discouraged and thinking the drug was no longer having an action once they have gotten used to an enhanced sensory experience (it's easy to forget how you were then when this is how you are now, so to speak).  Though, I have a suspicion that where there was this sort of intense and overwhelmingly happy experience, the cumulative effects of the long half life may be surprising without re-dosing for a couple of weeks.  We shall see.  I'm only speculating here.

Thank you for this. I'm a little pressed for time, but you captured the idea i was trying to present, and more.

I was worried about the possibility. Initially i thought i could be avoiding it by dosing in the early morning. However, if the half life is anywhere near as long as we think, then it shouldn't matter when you dose.

As an interesting aside, I should have around 400mg dihexa in circulation at this moment,

I have in fact. Pure speculation, but I'd guess it's mostly due to the anxiolytic properties. It may also be related to subtle cognitive changes.

Edited by DHEXA, 20 July 2014 - 03:26 PM.

#685 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:35 PM

pre-hypertensive.

#686 Amorphous

• 220 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:56 PM

pre-hypertensive.

I supposed you were pre-hypertensive before you took Dihexa, so that was your base-line.
Please update us as time goes by. Hope you can also do some objective cognitive test before and after, such as dual n back.
The initial effects as I infer from reading this thread are similar to sunifiram. Has Any user here used sunifiram before?

#687 neuroatypicow

• 123 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:22 PM

i should probably receive my sample tomorrow, and will take tiny test doses for several days, escalating to 30mg, which i will then take every 15 days. this should give me ~2.5 months of trialing.

my BP is ok, although my systolic rises a bit when i stand or sit up. i have been sedentary for a number of years due to my depression, so i blame that on poor CV tone in my legs. i've resumed my working out though, and it abates when i don't spend the whole day sitting in bed with my tv and laptop.

#688 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:25 PM

No change in BP here. Verbal fluency increased some. Mainly sustained energy. Not a stimulant feel more like a clean energy feel. Stims seem to be doing nothing for me as ironic as that sounds. Probably because I don't appear to be needing them.

#689 therein

• 226 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:57 PM

No change in BP here. Verbal fluency increased some. Mainly sustained energy. Not a stimulant feel more like a clean energy feel. Stims seem to be doing nothing for me as ironic as that sounds. Probably because I don't appear to be needing them.

So does that mean you tested Dihexa with stims? I take 40mg of Lysine-dextroamphetamine daily and I was thinking of skipping it on Tuesday to take Dihexa. Does it feel safe to combine later?

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#690 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:54 PM

I supposed you were pre-hypertensive before you took Dihexa, so that was your base-line.
Please update us as time goes by. Hope you can also do some objective cognitive test before and after, such as dual n back.
The initial effects as I infer from reading this thread are similar to sunifiram. Has Any user here used sunifiram before?

It fluctuates between normal and pre-hypertensive depending upon weight and what I consume (coffee, etc).

I took an emotional intelligence test a day or two ago, but scored too well for it to really matter, unless of course what I have read about wild dendritic spining having a relationship with Autism Spectrum Disorder (which I do not have) is true. Though as I stated in a previous post the research that I saw on this does not prove causality --  I can't imagine that I will suddenly lose my ability to read the implied emotion of facial expressions and behavioral cues, which has been picked up over the years, even if the density of neural structures end up resembling that of an Asperger's savant.

In so far as my intelligence quotient, it was assessed at 138 around 2003, and then I took a test a few years back that demonstrated a score which was a bit lower.  I don't have the resources to undergo an assessment at this time, but if I have the opportunity after, say, 6 months to a year from now, I will certainly make the effort.

I thought about signing up for lumosity, but I don't put a lot of stock in it.  The difference between running the tests on an ipad versus a pc significantly impacts scoring (never mind questions of perceptual learning).  Maybe dual 'n' back could be a rough indicator if I did it once now, and once 6 months from now though, really, a more complete aptitude battery would be suggestible if anything, given that I have a rough idea of what my i.q. range had generally been in the past.  I.Q. tests in and of themselves are fairly flawed.

I'll do my best, and yes, I'll be monitoring my blood pressure.

Edited by sk_scientific, 20 July 2014 - 06:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users