• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Dihexa: "it would take 10 million times as much BDNF to get as much new synapse formation as Dihexa."

• Please log in to reply
1569 replies to this topic

#871 agora

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

I'm asking that isn't what you are looking for GDF11?:

GDF11 is a myostatin-homologous protein that acts as an inhibitor of nerve tissue growth. GDF11 has been shown to suppress neurogenesis through a pathway similar to that of myostatin, including stopping the progenitor cell-cycle during G-phase.

From Wikipedia

EDIT: Sorry, I'll stop contributing to a thread derailment now.

Edited by lynfectious, 04 August 2014 - 02:53 PM.

#872 therein

• 226 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:04 PM

I don't know why people are making such a big deal about the topic derailment at this point. We are reporting Dihexa's effects as we experience them but we are also trying to refrain from over-reporting as that means we would be reporting potential placebo effects as well. I am making sure to only post my experiences when I am fairly certain that they aren't just placebo.

While it makes sense not to post about topics and links irrelevant to Dihexa on this thread, we are also not getting a lot of updates about people's experiences lately. I don't see anything wrong with talking about topics somewhat related to Dihexa in the meantime. It keeps the group engaged and interested if anything.

Edited by therein, 04 August 2014 - 03:06 PM.

• Good Point x 4

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#873 Phoenicis

• 339 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:18 PM

Would certainly like to know why SK stopped taking it. Seriously what happened???

Edited by Phoenicis, 04 August 2014 - 03:19 PM.

• Agree x 1

#874 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:27 PM

GDF11 is a myostatin-homologous protein that acts as an inhibitor of nerve tissue growth. GDF11 has been shown to suppress neurogenesis through a pathway similar to that of myostatin, including stopping the progenitor cell-cycle during G-phase.

From Wikipedia

Very nice, I saw it before in teamtlr having an impression that is mostly for muscle growth, I forgot about GDF11, its pretty expensive though, I ll look into it, thanks. 

I am not into bodybuilding science much, but where this came from? I know that professional bodybuilders are looking for an effective myostatin inhibitor for years.

#875 DHEXA

• 36 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

I don't know why people are making such a big deal about the topic derailment at this point. We are reporting Dihexa's effects as we experience them but we are also trying to refrain from over-reporting as that means we would be reporting potential placebo effects as well. I am making sure to only post my experiences when I am fairly certain that they aren't just placebo.

While it makes sense not to post about topics and links irrelevant to Dihexa on this thread, we are also not getting a lot of updates about people's experiences lately. I don't see anything wrong with talking about topics somewhat related to Dihexa in the meantime. It keeps the group engaged and interested if anything.

I think Thereins got the right idea. Jabowery and others were posting information that was entirely relevant in my opinion. I wish i could post more frequently, I've been very busy with work related projects lately.

I'm on day 29 ~27mg QD.
Still feel very clearheaded. I can't remember the last time I've been really 'foggy'.
I do regular resistance training at respectable, but not overly impressive weights. Since dihexa, my lift numbers have increased with little change in diet or routine. This is significant to me because I've been 'stalled' on them for 6+ months. Increased myelination in the PNS could be contributing to increased muscular coordination? Does anyone have other theories to explain such a change?

I've sent out close to 20g this past week. Hopefully we should be hearing from other members, should they decide to share their experiences.

• Informative x 2

#876 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

Would certainly like to know why SK stopped taking it. Seriously what happened???

The samples were only 5 days worth.

#877 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:47 PM

Pre-dihexa Cambridge Brain Sciences "Odd One Out" test score skewed low with mode (mean and median) of 12 and high of 16.

10mg nasal insufflation.  Mild increase in blood pressure for several minutes then return to normal.  

Mild and immediate subjective effects will not be reported.

Edited by jabowery, 04 August 2014 - 09:58 PM.

• like x 2
  • Needs references x 1

#878 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:28 PM

I have purchased some of this from TeamTLR. I managed to get a slightly better price than the $349.30 on their web site but still a very substantial price. I will start a new topic to go over my experiences with this product. I am mainly interested in the GDF11 part of this product for longevity but I'll also report any neurological effects I come across.

From Wikipedia

Very nice, I saw it before in teamtlr having an impression that is mostly for muscle growth, I forgot about GDF11, its pretty expensive though, I ll look into it, thanks. 

I am not into bodybuilding science much, but where this came from? I know that professional bodybuilders are looking for an effective myostatin inhibitor for years.

• like x 2

#879 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:08 AM

I apologize to the group for my social pratfall, I am under some amount of stress at the moment and have peripheral tasks to give some focus to.  I will be back at a later date and will report anything of substantial importance if I am endowed to do such.  It isn't in my nature to withhold information that may be beneficial, though I do fear that sock puppetry and nonsense may convolute the efforts of the genuine on the internet.

For anyone's interest, the following information: NSI-189, ISX-9, Dihexa and Rasagiline Mesylate are in my possession.  I await J147 as well. 

I am ceasing Dihexa until after phase I and phase II of my previously outlined hypothesis.  I have adjusted my schedule to include 6 more days of NSI until a brief respite, and then I will move on to about 14 days of ISX-9.

Best regards and good luck.

Edited by sk_scientific, 05 August 2014 - 12:24 AM.

• like x 3

#880 Amorphous

• 220 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:00 AM

Any reason for the 14 days of ISX-9? 

#881 88LS

• 100 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:02 AM

Haven't heard from cow in a while?

#882 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:55 PM

I apologize to the group for my social pratfall, I am under some amount of stress at the moment and have peripheral tasks to give some focus to.  I will be back at a later date and will report anything of substantial importance if I am endowed to do such.  It isn't in my nature to withhold information that may be beneficial, though I do fear that sock puppetry and nonsense may convolute the efforts of the genuine on the internet.

For anyone's interest, the following information: NSI-189, ISX-9, Dihexa and Rasagiline Mesylate are in my possession.  I await J147 as well. 

I am ceasing Dihexa until after phase I and phase II of my previously outlined hypothesis.  I have adjusted my schedule to include 6 more days of NSI until a brief respite, and then I will move on to about 14 days of ISX-9.

Best regards and good luck.

I am sure you have seen this feedback thread for ISX-9 please post there as you finish with your trial, I am very interesting to hear it!

http://www.longecity...-user-feedback/

Why are you interested in Rasagiline for? I have looked at it many times, it used to be very expensive and I never tried it, but it did not seem very interesting.

I understand you are busy and leaving the forum for a while, reply whenever you feel like it.

Edit: from Teamtlr...

Rasagiline is a novel, highly potent, irreversible monamine oxidase B inhibitor, which is related to Selegiline. Unlike Selegiline, Rasagiline is not an amphetamine derivative, and is also free of the metabolization into the neurotoxic L-methamphetamine. [1] MAO-A only becomes significantly inhibited in a dose-dependant fashion; in the marmoset doses of 0.1mg/kg was free from significant MAO-A inhibition, yet not with 0.5mg/kg.[2] Upon appropriate MAO-B selective inhibitory dosing, Rasagiline is virtually free from tyramine interactions, as well as being devoid of sympathomimetic effects. Human in vitro analysis displayed a 100-fold selectivity over MAO-B than MAO-A. [3] 

It has also been observed to exhibit neuroprotective, neurotrophic, and mitochondriaprotective actions. These are thought not to be mediated via its monaminergic mechanisms, as the S-isomer displays the same effects, yet is free from any significant MAOI action. Rather, it seems that they are at least in part associated with the propargylamine moeity which exerts mitochondrial protection via Bcl-2 activation and downregulation of Bax proteins. [4] In vitro and in vivo analysis have observed Rasagiline to have superior neuroprotective effects than Selegiline. [5] 

Perhaps the most notable is Rasagiline's ability to process Amyloid Precursor Protein (APP) in to neuroprotective and neurotrophic soluble APPalpha via proteine kinase C and mitogen-activated protein kinase-dependant alpha-secretase activation. It also increases NGF, GDNF[6] and BDNF[7] proteins and expression

I think they make it sound too good, I have follow discussions from people with a real interest in selegiline and rasagiline over the years and it always seemed that selegiline is superior overall. There is a ton of research for selegiline also, most notably from the person that discovered it a few decades ago, http://www.amazon.co...ords=selegiline

Edited by Strangelove, 05 August 2014 - 01:13 PM.

#883 neuroatypicow

• 123 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:32 PM

Haven't heard from cow in a while?

mooooooooo!

i'm ok, thanks! i'm between cycles. i'll be restarting the chems in 10 days. i've been doing well, walking every day, with bouts of jogging, playing many marathon sessions of dayz with my all-gal squad, and skype-ing with friends when not gaming. also, and this is the most important, is the fact that i've started playing my instruments again, which is what all this is about for me: when i'm depressed my manual dexterity and motivation to practice tank, and for someone who is/will be an independent musician, that's the kiss of death.

the meds are definitely working, and i'm doing everything i would do if i weren't still depressed and anxious (at reduced but increasing intensity/frequency); i'm letting the month's worth of NSI and the sample of Dihexa i took do its work on my brain, while washing out; i have something else i want to take, but it's a little more potentially dangerous.

i have a gram of Dihexa inbound, i'm going to take more this next cycle.

• Cheerful x 1
  • like x 1

#884 aarfai

• 75 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:20 PM

Has anyone tried Dihexa with Cerebrolysin? 

• Good Point x 1

#885 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:56 PM

I am sure you have seen this feedback thread for ISX-9 please post there as you finish with your trial, I am very interesting to hear it!

http://www.longecity...-user-feedback/

I have expressed my intentions in the following thread: 

http://www.longecity...is/#entry679704

And will update in the feedback thread for the molecule.  I do not intend to confound Dihexa with these other chems, so I will be stepping away for some time from this thread.  Anyone who would like to weigh in on NeuroD1 expression, read some scholarly article or monitor their blood sugar while undergoing a trial of isx-9 would be greatly appreciated.

I apologize for this response in Dihexa.

#886 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:27 PM

I apologize for this response in Dihexa.

Thanks for the response, appreciated, I am looking forward to read your experience, after NSI I am following shortly with DIHEXA and ISX9.

Only after the introduction of the new voting buttons, things are so tight staying on topic. From all my years writing in different forums I am used to more freedom (with no complains so far). I hope we will reach a healthy homeostasis soon. Personaly I would find more appopriate, if members were using the off topic button, after the second or even third post that somene derailed a thread with the same off topic subject. Sometimes is advantageous staying "off topic" as per the interesting presentation you linked.

#887 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:53 PM

Cambridge Brain Sciences "Odd One Out" test scores:

(12+15+13+15+12+15)/6
= 13.666667

(This increase is almost certainly entirely due to normal training and not due to the prior dihexa dose.  I learned that there was a penalty for guessing when stumped and little likelihood of additional correct choices after guessing.  I just stopped guessing when stumped.)

Then took 20mg dihexa orally* on empty stomach.

Again, mild short-lived increase in blood pressure.

*I shifted to oral since this is the most likely mode of administration for Jan.

Pre-dihexa Cambridge Brain Sciences "Odd One Out" test score skewed low with mode (mean and median) of 12 and high of 16.

10mg nasal insufflation.  Mild increase in blood pressure for several minutes then return to normal.  

Edited by jabowery, 07 August 2014 - 11:54 PM.

• Informative x 1

#888 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:11 AM

You know what would be really cool?

Model Dihexa with the newly released https://www.molecularflipbook.org/

• Agree x 1

#889 focus83

• 216 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:39 AM

I know DHEXA is already sending out some Dihexa, but how is the original Dihexa synthesis going? Any updates from our lab? And have you heard back from Nyles or has be disappeared?

• Agree x 1

#890 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:38 AM

(13+14+12+15+15+14)/6

= 13.833333

Higher score possibly attributable to better setting on CPAP machine as well as training.
I did make a few mistakes this time, but made up for them by getting more right on the same run.  

Noticed muscle spasms with slight cramps in right lower bicep/tricep in the middle of the night last night.
I've been using my right arm a lot due to my left arm needing upcoming surgery.
Also possibly related to genetic cramping condition.

20mg dihexa oral after dinner

I'm increasing my rate of intake of dihexa due to the upcoming surgery which will introduce noise into measurements taken afterwards.  If there are ill effects I'd prefer to see them before surgery.  I'm going to stop prior to surgery and then start Jan after surgery if I don't notice ill effects prior to surgery.

PS:  If I had it to do over again, I'd probably choose a test with more sensitivity than "Odd One Out" to improvements on the high end.  The distribution of scores on that test have a steeply descending slope on the high side of the mode (it's skewed to the right quite a bit).  In other words, a little score improvement represents a substantially greater increase in difficulty on the high side than on the low side.  Perhaps a better statistical moment to look for than left-skewness would be lower kurtosis.

(12+15+13+15+12+15)/6
= 13.666667

(This increase is almost certainly entirely due to normal training and not due to the prior dihexa dose.  I learned that there was a penalty for guessing when stumped and little likelihood of additional correct choices after guessing.  I just stopped guessing when stumped.)

*I shifted to oral since this is the most likely mode of administration for Jan.

Edited by jabowery, 10 August 2014 - 03:34 AM.

• Informative x 2

#891 DHEXA

• 36 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:29 AM

Created 10mL 80% DMSO solution. 20mg dihexa dissolved well after stirring.

Applied 5mL over 60 minutes to wrist and leg. Strong garlic odor, mild skin irritation. Noticed a strong stimulatory effect.

5mL is really too much to apply topically, i'll make it more concentrated next time.

edit: 

I started noticing joint pain a few days ago. It was remedied after taking a calcium supplement. May be unrelated to dihexa, but Ca does play a major role in the nervous system.

Edited by DHEXA, 10 August 2014 - 03:43 AM.

#892 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:19 PM

Created 10mL 80% DMSO solution. 20mg dihexa dissolved well after stirring.

Applied 5mL over 60 minutes to wrist and leg. Strong garlic odor, mild skin irritation. Noticed a strong stimulatory effect.

5mL is really too much to apply topically, i'll make it more concentrated next time.

edit: 

I started noticing joint pain a few days ago. It was remedied after taking a calcium supplement. May be unrelated to dihexa, but Ca does play a major role in the nervous system.

From where did you source your Dimethyl Sulfoxide?

#893 DHEXA

• 36 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:02 PM

I just got some 99.9%. It's commonly used in veterinary medicine.

#894 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:24 AM

(16+13+16+15+15+15)/6
= 15

This is a rather large score increase.  

The earlier puzzles in a test are the easier ones and an interesting phenomenon is that this time through I took longer on a few of the easier (earlier) puzzles than I did on prior days, leaving less time to solve the harder puzzles that come later in the test.  I don't have quantitative measures on this phenomenon unfortunately.  This wasn't a strong effect but I did notice it.

It would be interesting to see how it compares with the performance increases experienced by others taking the "odd one out" test.  Do others get slower on the earlier ones as they get better overall or is this just a fluke occurance for me on this test today?  It would also be interesting to see how much random variance there is in the difficulty of a series of these tests.  Is anyone familiar enough with that system to tell me where to look?

I hesitate to interject my subjective experience of taking this test.  I will say I didn't sleep as well last night as I did the night before.  I had to take multiple naps today.

(13+14+12+15+15+14)/6

= 13.833333

Higher score possibly attributable to better setting on CPAP machine as well as training.
I did make a few mistakes this time, but made up for them by getting more right on the same run.  

Noticed muscle spasms with slight cramps in right lower bicep/tricep in the middle of the night last night.
I've been using my right arm a lot due to my left arm needing upcoming surgery.
Also possibly related to genetic cramping condition.

I'm increasing my rate of intake of dihexa due to the upcoming surgery which will introduce noise into measurements taken afterwards.  If there are ill effects I'd prefer to see them before surgery.  I'm going to stop prior to surgery and then start Jan after surgery if I don't notice ill effects prior to surgery.

PS:  If I had it to do over again, I'd probably choose a test with more sensitivity than "Odd One Out" to improvements on the high end.  The distribution of scores on that test have a steeply descending slope on the high side of the mode (it's skewed to the right quite a bit).  In other words, a little score improvement represents a substantially greater increase in difficulty on the high side than on the low side.  Perhaps a better statistical moment to look for than left-skewness would be lower kurtosis.

(12+15+13+15+12+15)/6
= 13.666667

Edited by jabowery, 11 August 2014 - 02:44 AM.

#895 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:23 AM

take it on an empty stomach not after dinner 

• Needs references x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • like x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#896 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:53 AM

No cramping was noticed here
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#897 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:16 AM

Dear all,

I have loosely followed this topic and also the postings on ISX-9. As I understand it it, there may exist some risk of cancer in taking either of these supplements. Even if this risk is negligible/unproven, what would be the safer supplement of the two to take having regard to the possibility of this risk?

#898 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:14 AM

Dihexa is not proven to cause any side effect.
  • Ill informed x 1

#899 agora

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:57 PM

Technically speaking, it is also not scientifically proven that smoking cigarettes causes cancer. Nothing is ever "proven" in science. 

Oh and by your definition of proven, it isn't necessarily proven not to have any side effect. 

Also, maybe there weren't any apparent side effects in mice but this doesn't necessarily translate to humans.

• like x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • dislike x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#900 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:09 PM

Ty for explaining that to people here.

Technically speaking, it is also not scientifically proven that smoking cigarettes causes cancer. Nothing is ever "proven" in science.

Oh and by your definition of proven, it isn't necessarily proven not to have any side effect.

Also, maybe there weren't any apparent side effects in mice but this doesn't necessarily translate to humans.

• Agree x 3
  • Unfriendly x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users