Red Palm Oil and Tocotrienols Reverse Atherosclerosis

red palm oil tocotrienols atherosclerosis alzheimers

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 dazed1

• 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:30 PM

use it over cooked food to make it melt easier, if you dont like the taste i got easy solution. You simply move some food aside, and you add it to the small portion of it, either at the start or at the end. I bought the Nutiva brand. This way you want change the taste of your food completely.

Edited by dazed1, 31 January 2017 - 12:30 PM.

#32 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:12 PM

I like the taste therefore I use it to dress salads, if one dislikes it I am afraid there is not much that can be done. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 dazed1

• 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:02 AM

I like the taste therefore I use it to dress salads, if one dislikes it I am afraid there is not much that can be done. 

Did i understand wrong, or you said you pay your red palm oil for 5$ - 1kg?

#34 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:16 AM

That's correct, it's a rip off but I never went around shopping for a better price yet.

When you consider I usually pay about 3-4$/l for top evoo 5$/l for red palm oil from west Africa is totally unjustified.

The same goes for coconut oil from east Asia at 8$/l....

#35 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:16 AM

I pay about the same price, 3.75€ for .75l of red palm oil from West Africa, at my local Middle Eastern store.

#36 dazed1

• 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:11 AM

That's correct, it's a rip off but I never went around shopping for a better price yet.

When you consider I usually pay about 3-4$/l for top evoo 5$/l for red palm oil from west Africa is totally unjustified.

The same goes for coconut oil from east Asia at 8$/l....

Omg, what are you guys talking about? i paid 8.5$ for 450ml? :/ can you send me link?

#37 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:03 PM

I buy mine in local Asian and Middle Eastern stores, online is much more expensive usually (they add marketing bs, 'organic', 'steamed' for plain coconut oil etc...)

#38 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:41 PM

Yes, go for the ethnic shops, especially the ones serving Africans for red palm oil and South East Asians for coconut oil.

#39 dazed1

• 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:16 PM

Im from EU/balkans :/

#40 dazed1

• 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:52 PM

Is there any downsides of this oil? i mean vitamin A & E are amazing, but yet is there anything i need to worry about? some concern is about it saturated content, is this valid or?

#41 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:55 PM

https://www.amazon.c...sprefix=red pal

#42 dazed1

• 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:04 PM

Is there any downsides of this oil? i mean vitamin A & E are amazing, but yet is there anything i need to worry about? some concern is about it saturated content, is this valid or?

Anyone?

#43 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:24 PM

Like with everything if one wants to find a downside probably will...but benefits have to be weighted too.

The saturated fatty acids are likely not of concern but heating at too high temperature, like with all fats, will lead to unwanted compounds.

Aim for really orange-red color oil, solid or semi-solid below about 25°C with distinctive odor and taste, refined oil doesn't have these characteristics and has been subjected to heating in the process. 

• Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#44 dazed1

• 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 February 2017 - 02:06 AM

Like with everything if one wants to find a downside probably will...but benefits have to be weighted too.

The saturated fatty acids are likely not of concern but heating at too high temperature, like with all fats, will lead to unwanted compounds.

Aim for really orange-red color oil, solid or semi-solid below about 25°C with distinctive odor and taste, refined oil doesn't have these characteristics and has been subjected to heating in the process. 

Thanks alot you are always helpful, really appreciate it!

Im never heaing my oils, i use the Nutiva brand, it has very mild or no taste at all, its solid or semi soild at 25c like you said, it has bright orange - reddish color, they say its mildly refined or unrefined and that when its slightly refined it release more of the nutriments compared to the raw brands. Some say even PUFA in nuts/seeds are dangerous, but i guess thats offtopic, and i think thats not true at all - since seeds/nuts are amazing, and have much proven benefits.

Edited by dazed1, 11 February 2017 - 02:07 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: red palm oil, tocotrienols, atherosclerosis, alzheimers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users