Photo
- - - - -

Piracetam didn't work, now what?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 samiamm

• 71 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

What do users whom piracetam didn't work for move on to?

Please don't tell me "try a different dose," "take it with fish oil," "try it for a little bit more,"

I've done all that, it just gives me massive brain fog.

So what can I try next?

Edited by samiamm, 07 December 2012 - 10:29 PM.

#2 LBGSHI

• 347 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

If you're getting a massive brain fog, I would recommend you try adding a choline source. It's a pretty common discussion here, so I'm surprised you tried fish oil before any of the several acceptable choline sources.

That being said, if you're intent on throwing away your piracetam (or you've already done so), I'd recommend oxiracetam. However, it should be noted that I respond well to piracetam, given a little alpha-GPC to eliminate minor headaches and brain fog.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 samiamm

• Topic Starter
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

I had CDP choline.

I took piracetam with CDP choline and sulbutiamine, it just doesn't work for me.

#4 Heh

• Validating/Suspended
  • 302 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

Piracetam + 500mg Calcium-AEP + 125mg L-Glutamic Acid

10mg Noopept + 200mg Pramiracetam + 1g Centrophenoxine
10mg Noopept + 250-750mg Aniracetam + 1g Centrophenoxine

Piracetam + Aniracetam
Piracetam + Pramiracetam
Piracetam + Oxiracetam
Piracetam + Noopept

Piracetam + Aniracetam + Noopept
Piracetam + Aniracetam + Pramiracetam

etc..

Brain fog means your racetam dosage is too high, or you haven't added enough choline. Obviously you want to avoid taking too much choline, and choline should be taken separate from the racetams (take it at night).

Edited by Joel, 07 December 2012 - 10:50 PM.

#5 samiamm

• Topic Starter
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

Why must you include piracetam in every stack??

#6 Heh

• Validating/Suspended
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:15 AM

I didn't, but since you have Piracetam, and are looking to buy more racetams, then you should try, in addition to the other racetams combined, the other racetams + Piracetam as you search for something that works.

The first three stacks I posted are my recommendations, the rest are there to show you the pattern of what is typically done.

Edited by Joel, 08 December 2012 - 03:21 AM.

#7 ineeddrugs

• 7 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

I started taking pram, first time with racetams and noticed great increase in focus, and more subtle increase in memory. Has a bit of a kick it it. The first days on it were incredible. Defintiely recommend. I took it alone with choline.

#8 Daryl

• 45 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

That being said, if you're intent on throwing away your piracetam (or you've already done so), I'd recommend oxiracetam.

Yep I'll agree with that, Oxiracetam was my next stop after Piracetam and it worked more effectively for me.

#9 samiamm

• Topic Starter
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

Do you guys really think that another racetam will actually work for me if piracetam only caused massive brain fog?

It's within the same family, idk about this as much as you guys do.

#10 sapaiderman

• 55 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

just try another racetam with a good choline source and see how it works for you, but only buy a small quanity initially so you don't waste too much money if they don't work

I've tried Pira', Prami and Ani' and they're all now sitting at the back of the cupboard gathering dust!

all I take now is Centro' and A GPC and my mind feels fresh and clean

#11 zorba990

• 1,602 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:35 AM

Piracetam + 500mg Calcium-AEP + 125mg L-Glutamic Acid

10mg Noopept + 200mg Pramiracetam + 1g Centrophenoxine
10mg Noopept + 250-750mg Aniracetam + 1g Centrophenoxine

Piracetam + Aniracetam
Piracetam + Pramiracetam
Piracetam + Oxiracetam
Piracetam + Noopept

Piracetam + Aniracetam + Noopept
Piracetam + Aniracetam + Pramiracetam

etc..

Brain fog means your racetam dosage is too high, or you haven't added enough choline. Obviously you want to avoid taking too much choline, and choline should be taken separate from the racetams (take it at night).

Why Calcium AEP? Just curious. I wasn't able to get Piracetam to do anything for me but make me sleepy, even with trying several different kinds of choline. But Calcium is not something I've ever been able to take in supplement form as its incredibly constipating for me.

#12 Heh

• Validating/Suspended
  • 302 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

I read that one possible reason for Piracetam not working is calcium glutam(ate/ine?) imbalance.

Edited by Joel, 09 December 2012 - 03:59 AM.

#13 samiamm

• Topic Starter
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:03 AM

Centro, like the daily multi-vitamins? lol

why did you stop with the racetams?
  • dislike x 1

#14 sapaiderman

• 55 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

Centro, like the daily multi-vitamins? lol

why did you stop with the racetams?

Sorry I meant Centrophenoxine!!

I stopped mainly because of side effects

Pramiracetam, made me manic, hyper, irritable and agressive even at a low dose (0.75)
Aniracetam, was great initially for anxiety, but it could give me rebound anxiety, so I didn't take it for very long...
Piracetam, occasionally made me really tired and my mind foggy

I just started on centrophenoxine a few days ago, but already I notice a type mental clarity that was not present before,
It's kind of difficult to explain the feeling but it's like a freshness of mind, maybe it's already clearing away the lipofuscin...
or maybe I'm just high from the reported stimulatory effects!

so for now I'm only going to take the Centrophenoxine for the next month with occasional B multi vit and omega 3,6,9
and see how I feel then

the what's sitting unused at the back of my cupboard list

Piracetam, 28 x 800mg
Pramiracetam 28g
Aniracetam 40g
Subultiamine 48g
CDP choline 20 x 250mg

#15 samiamm

• Topic Starter
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:55 AM

I see, can you get Centro from Cerebral Health?

I'll wait it out and see how you do on Centro, because, our experiences on piracetam sound very similar. If you decide to report back, and if it's positive, I would probably buy some!

#16 sapaiderman

• 55 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

I see, can you get Centro from Cerebral Health?

I'll wait it out and see how you do on Centro, because, our experiences on piracetam sound very similar. If you decide to report back, and if it's positive, I would probably buy some!

not sure, I got my from Mind Nutrition in the UK, they ship quickly to other parts of the world too

#17 samiamm

• Topic Starter
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:07 AM

Awesome, let me know how it goes for you please!

#18 starlight_starbright

• 24 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:36 AM

Piracetam never worked for me, though it did for my husband. I have been trying the stronger ones and have experienced the best luck with noopept.

#19 samiamm

• Topic Starter
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

By best luck, what exactly do you mean?
  • like x 1

#20 starlight_starbright

• 24 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

I guess I have never paid enough attention to the effects of the smart drugs that I have tried. I have essentially stabbed in the dark with them. I see people recording their actions and results in very organized ways, but I do not feel that I have the patience for that. I know that I should try. However, the end result of that is that I really only notice the smarts that truly hit me. That is, the ones that I can really feel. With Noopept, I can feel that something is happening beyond my normal waking consciousness, and beyond the feeling of just having a good day. I feel positively enlightened, or at least like my day has shifted towards that rather lofty goal. I feel energized from deep within myself.

I hope that explains it.

#21 samiamm

• Topic Starter
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

I'm gonna order some noopept after this semester ends (IT ENDS THIS FRIDAY F**** YEAH!!!!!)

sorry ladies and gentleman...

#22 gray.bot

• 262 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

PYRITINOL

500mg 3 times a day.

You'll never go back.

#23 samiamm

• Topic Starter
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

Can you elaborate on that??

#24 Sanguine_Rogue

• 392 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:59 AM

Hahah Pyritinol, I'm still curious about that one.

Anyways, if you haven't tried Aniracetam you could that one a go. Not all Racetams are created equally, and they each effect various different receptors or areas in the brain. However I wouldn't completely suggest you abandon Piracetam considering, from what I have read, it is the only one that actually stimulates the Corpus Callosum (the communicative bridge linking the two hemisphere's of the brain).

What all are you taking and what dosage are you currently (in the past too) taking your Piracetam at?

#25 samiamm

• Topic Starter
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

Right now, i'm not taking anything.

When I started taking piracetam, I was also taking dutasteride, which inhibits allopregnanolone in the brain.

Since piracetam gave me heavy brain fog, I dropped the DUT and piracetam.

I took 800 mg piracetam with 400mg CDP choline and 200 mg sulbutiamine

I took 1 g of piracetam with 500mg CDP choline and 1g CDP choline

I took 5+ grams of piracetam with equal amounts of choline, thats about it

Someone on here said "Sometimes piracetam makes deficiencies/problems more apparent."

After that, I dropped DUT to see if piracetam would get better, but DUT has a 5-week half life, so idk whether I should try it again or not.

#26 Sanguine_Rogue

• 392 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:25 AM

Hmm, perhaps it could it be due to the amount of choline you were taking?? Choline sources are primarily needed to replenish choline sources, as well as avoiding Racetam induced headaches, and there is surprisingly a lot of natural foods that carry Choline.

How long have you been taking Piracetam?

#27 samiamm

• Topic Starter
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:28 AM

only 1.5-2 weeks

also, this is a little off-topic, but I picked this up on another forum

"

Here is one that you won't hear on most forums: Reduce your usage of piracetam/oxiracetam/etc. The racetams increase coordination between different brain areas, thereby increasing a brain wave pattern called "alpha waves". Sounds good doesn't it??? What most people don't understand is that the brain does its best work (most complex processing of information) when in a "beta wave" state. In contrast to the "beta" name, beta waves are actually of higher frequency than alpha waves. This means that there is less coordination between large sections of brain tissue. This is actually a good thing and I will explain why: Each brain area can be seen as a small parallel processor which is specific for a certain type of information. A small chunk of brain area from the occipital lobe of your brain processes only one aspect of visual information, and nothing else. Now, the racetams force larger brain areas to process info that they were never intended to process. This means that instead of an area of 5 mm cubic processing the equation "5+5=?", you would then have an area of 10 mm cubic processing this same task. As you can gather from this, it would be much better to have 2000 small parallel processors working on separate chunks of info and have a really good system in place to combine the information from the separate processors, then to use very large brain areas to process very simple concepts. In a study, physicists were given piracetam before attempting difficult physics problems; it was found to actually decrease their ability to process complex information (I don't have the reference for this off-hand, but you can look it up on pubmed if you are interested). The alpha waves associated with piracetam are associated with repetitive and moreso automatic tasks. They are really good for concentration if you are doing regular 9-5 jobs, but for intense study sessions, exams and complex material, I would keep their use to a minimum."

I apologize if the above statement is absurd. I'm gonna delve into research on this topic later, after finals week, so I'm more scientifically knowledgable on this subject

Also, I forgot to mention, I took piracetam without choline, all of this was over a 2 week time now that I remember correctly

#28 Sanguine_Rogue

• 392 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

Whoa whoa whoa! I tried reading all of that but then it started going on about brain matter area and it's rather late here hahah!

And from what I could gather from the beginning is yea, sometimes less is more. Although you have just recently started taking Piracetam, and it very well be due to you adjusting to it.

I have had a friend tell me something similar (although not really) about how Aniracetam makes him extremely sleepy. And at first I thought it could due to not enough, however no matter how many he takes it just seems to make him tired. So we both talked decided maybe breaking open the capsule and taking less might actually give him the results that he was desiring.

#29 Sun Nootropic

• 102 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:43 AM

I`d highly recommened this stack:
20mg Noopept
200mg Pramiracetam
500mg Choline Bitartrate
2-3 times per day

and then come to the winter holiday points, i am alreadly on,haha

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#30 Sanguine_Rogue

• 392 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:48 AM

:P

That's almost 1.5g of Choline Bitartrate a day! Isn't that a lot?? I only stay away from taking choline so often due to how often I've read and heard about using it too frequently causing depression or mood "de-elevators" which in my line of work is certainly not needed. haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users