Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Anyone Buy From NewStarNootropics?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#31 NSN

• 14 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

NobleBeast - great to hear that transit time for a 1st class international package was only 8 days. That is a pretty good showing.

bl4ck1ce - tracking info can be frustrating with 1st class international mail. USPS have promised to introduce international tracking on that service shortly.

And for everyone else - we will always reship if things don't arrive.

#32 bl4ck1ce

• 51 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

I had dinner with Dave Asprey tonight, and he agreed that Noopept is good stuff.. even more eager for my order to arrive now! :)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#33 bl4ck1ce

• 51 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

The Noopept got here this afternoon! The envelope had been opened at the border (tape actually says Health Canada!), but the Noopept was still inside and looks to be untouched. I look forward to trying it!

Edited by bl4ck1ce, 14 February 2013 - 04:29 AM.

#34 mkUltra999

• 18 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

I've been getting Noopept from New Star for quite some time. I think you'll find it's quality consistently outstanding. Their shipping and CService is outstanding as well. They are my go-to for racetams at this point, for sure. They will be offering a few more exotic racetams in the near future, BTW, according to what I've been told.

#35 bl4ck1ce

• 51 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:45 AM

Have just placed my 2nd order. :)

#36 mkUltra999

• 18 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:30 AM

Yeah, I am very satisfied with my experiences with NS. For anyone who cares, I received a large supply of Aniracetam from them today, which I ordered about 4 days ago. I must say that they ship really quickly and securely, and as with the other racetams I've ordered from them, the Aniracetam seems spot on. I'll know more as I use it in the coming days, but my initial reaction is "Yes. That's what I'm looking for". As I stated above, I really like their Noopept, and being the hoarder I am, I have about 75 grams of it "stockpiled". When I find something I like that can be stored for long periods if done so properly, like Noopept, I buy a bunch, and I did so. I also have shared a bunch with some of my colleagues, who are liking it as well. The good news is that because you have to use so little, dosage wise, that a 10 gm jar will last a mighty, mighty long time. And to be honest, knowing how much other vendors get for Noopept, NS's is significantly less pricey, which I also like.

#37 bl4ck1ce

• 51 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:56 AM

My aniracetam has arrived, securely and professionally packaged. Tracking info was much more detailed than the last order, so kudos to USPS & Canada Post for actually adding tracking data once the package crosses the border.

Very pleased!

#38 brainshart

• 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

they're good . I ordered a few times from them. Really fast and friendly.
I have never ordered a racetam from anywhere else so I can't compare quality but the compounds look and perform pretty much like the anecdotal reviews on the forums. I ordered bulk powders from other sources and they aren't usually as fast or seem more sketchy.

#39 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

Looking forward to Sunifiram and Unifiram. :D
Are you considering synthing any other ampakines? Any from the CX family or IDRA-21?

#40 JohnnyP

• 255 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

NS and Smart Powders have been the only places I have ordered from, NS being my go to pretty much I keep searching but can't seem to find a definitive answer to any other supplier that would be trustworthy sadly.

#41 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

Let's see some Coluracetam, too!

Really looking forward to that.

#42 chris106

• 292 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

Ordered some noopept (1g) from them on the 6th of march. I live in Germany.

Everything went fine till german customs decided to confiscate my order. I'm not in huge trouble or anything, but since german law is a bitch when it comes to import of any kind of substances ( even those not even classified as meds here), I'll have to deny the whole thing and can kiss my order goodbye...
Had that not happened however, my order aproximately would have arrived on the 16th (Priority Mail International Parcels).

Too damn bad I spent 30€ just for faster shipping, could punch myself! >_<'

So all in all, really a great shop I guess - wide range of available nootropics for good prices - too damn bad I can never order there again, since I allways have to be afraid that german customs fuck me over... God, how i hate my country in some ways....
However, if one doesn't live in Europe, I'd say they are first choice, judging from what I've read from some of you guys...

#43 chris106

• 292 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

So all in all, really a great shop I guess - wide range of available nootropics for good prices - too damn bad I can never order there again, since I allways have to be afraid that german customs fuck me over...

Ok, I have to qualify the above statement I made. Also to make it clear, I don't want to make new star look bad!

While the Noopept is still being hold by german customs for me to pick up (Which might as well work out fine without consequences, but which I still won't risk)
today my 100g piracetam order arrived no problem. This is especially odd to me, since as far as I know piracetam is classified as medictaion in germany, which is forbidden to import, while noopept hasn't been classified at all yet. Well, maybe that's the problem.

Also there's a green sticker on the box that says "Von zollamtlicher Behandlung befreit" which roughly translates into " freed -" or "cleared of german customs-inspection".
But the weird way the sentence is phrased in german makes it unclear, if it means that it just wasn't inspected by customs due to their low capacities at all, or if it was actually inspected and intentionally cleared, even though it openly reads on the label that it contains 100g piracetam.

The later would be great, of course - since it would mean I can order piracetam from newstar, whenever I want - it is hard to find good shops in europe who still have piracetam in their sortiment....

So just wanted to let you guys from europe know, that ordering from new star can indeed work out. Now if someone from germany could specify what exactly the phrase on this customs sticker means, I would be very gratefull ;)

#44 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

Why did they refuse noopept? they thought it was an illegal drug?

#45 chris106

• 292 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

Can't tell you for sure. I have to admit that german customs are stupidly strict when it comes to importing any kind of subytances, and some of the laws regarding this category are downright retarded. If it's prescription-medication, it is forbidden, period. They wrote me a letter, asking me to pick the stuff up there myself. If I'm unlucky I will have to pay a fine of 35€ (possibly more), and maybe even can't have my noopept.
Maybe they'll just ask me if it's for consumption and if I say "no i wanna decorate my walls with it" they'll have to hand it out to me and let me go without paying any fine... It could go either way...

However, since it was just a small order I won't take the risk, since they'll probably put my name into some file, and next time I order something, it will get confiscated again and I have to pay an even higher fine... This is not very likely, but as I said - why take the risk if I can just deny having ordered and not have to come in contact with them or pay any fine in the first place?

I will order piracetam from newstar again though, just to see if they generally let this one pass - which wouldn't make any sence, but with these guys you never know....

#46 bl4ck1ce

• 51 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Canadian customs opened my Noopept, but didn't touch my Aniracetam.. I find the taste very bitter, so will need to get a capping setup before I buy more bulk nootropics. Will definitely be ordering more though!

#47 chris106

• 292 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

Canadian customs opened my Noopept, but didn't touch my Aniracetam

So you mean they just checked what it was, but then handed it over to you? Could it really be that customs in some countries have just no clue whatsoever what this is, and therefore also can't do anything but hand it out to you?

Edited by chris106, 25 March 2013 - 09:23 PM.

#48 bl4ck1ce

• 51 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

Yes. They held it for nearly a week, but did eventually send it on. When I got it, the vial had been opened, and presumably a sample was taken out.. but I did get it eventually.

#49 chris106

• 292 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

Interesting. I'm almost tempted to go get the stuff anyways. I think they are not allowed to open it themselves but instead let you open it right in front of them. At least that way I could tell other users from germany if it's safe to order Noopept (from the US)... then again, I don't know if it's worth paying a fine. That being said, the letter arrived just two days ago, so I'll check if there's a phone-number to contact them, and call them tomorrow - just to see what they will tell me...

#50 bl4ck1ce

• 51 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

Glad they don't do that here! Depending on where it crossed the border in Canada it could take a week to drive there to open it. lol.

#51 Phaseshift

• 29 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:32 AM

do you guys have plans for carrying CDPCholine, sulbutiamine and pyritinol

#52 hellbounddevildog

• 19 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:55 AM

do you guys have plans for carrying CDPCholine, sulbutiamine and pyritinol

I'm curious about this as well. Just getting ready to place an order with you guys for a few other things. I ordered some Sulbutiamine from "Supplements4less" on amazon, and paid extra for expedited shipping. This was two weeks ago with a promised date of the 29th at the latest, and I still haven't received it. I have sent emails and received nothing back from them. I'm tired of buying things on ebay and amazon and getting shafted, so if you guys sold it at some point it'd be nice to get everything in one place.

Thanks!

#53 GetOutOfBox

• 161 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

I just recently made a purchase from them, and although they were impressively fast (shipped out immidietly), they botched the order. I ordered one 10 gram vial of Oxiracetam and one 2.5 gram vial of Noopept. Instead I got 2 10 gram vials of Oxi, and no Noopept. An honest mistake, so I didn't flip out, and anyways, free Oxi huh ^^ The problem is that I have received no response to either emails or a phone call (left a message), which I sent the same day I received the package (so about a week ago now). I first used their website's form to submit the issue (with details like my name, email address, and a picture of the order to prove that it was incorrect) in a calm manner, no angry rants. After no response in a couple of days, I resent the message using my email client (in case their web form was broken). Still no response after several days. I called and left a message early yesterday (providing my email address used to originally send the issue) and have received no response as of now.

I'm not going to say they're a bad company or advise against using them just yet, as it's premature and other than this communication issue things were great. However I do think it's very unproffessional to be so lax in responding to customer issues, as it seems very unlikely that they would have missed the several emails/phone call. I'm not demanding a refund, nor was I angry when writing the email, I simply explained the issue, provided a photo which shows the extra oxi vial (which proves there was an issue with the order, so that I don't seem like I'm trying to just get another Noopept vial) and asked for them to send the missing Noopept.

If they respond soon, I'd definetly say positive experience, but time's ticking.

#54 bl4ck1ce

• 51 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

AFAIK NewStar is just 1 or 2 people, and they do seem to be pretty busy lately. I've ordered twice from them with no errors, so I suspect this was just an isolated mistake. I don't know them personally, just a satisfied customer, but they do seem to be a very good company. I hope they respond soon.

Best of luck!

#55 JohnnyP

• 255 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

I always like to order from New Star if possible but it does appear they have been either really busy or short staffed lately. Must be all the people who are trying out Suni lol.

#56 GetOutOfBox

• 161 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

AFAIK NewStar is just 1 or 2 people, and they do seem to be pretty busy lately. I've ordered twice from them with no errors, so I suspect this was just an isolated mistake. I don't know them personally, just a satisfied customer, but they do seem to be a very good company. I hope they respond soon.

Best of luck!

Yeah, that's why I'm not angry about the delay, but I still say it's unprofessional, as they should have been able to find time to respond to a customer issue within a week, I find it unlikely that they're getting hundreds of customer emails (or at least I hope they don't have that many issues). Still, due to the good prices and fast shipping I'd be willing to say it's a positive experience if the issue's resolved.

#57 GetOutOfBox

• 161 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:13 AM

And like I had hoped, Newstarnootropics came through! I just received an email from "Robert" saying that I could keep the Oxi, and expect the Noopept as well as some extra for my trouble, as well as sending it via Priority post. Problem solved, and they even threw in a little gift for the trouble. So I'd definitely say that Newstarnootropics is a great retailer, and despite the delay in response, came through with excellent customer service in the end. The delay was probably just due to the small staff size, but they more than made up for it. I'd also like to mention the quality of the product has been good, the Oxi definitely seems legitimate. Definitely will keep buying from them, and would recommend them for their speedy shipping (big for nootropic sellers, a lot have terribly slow ship times) and excellent prices.

Edited by GetOutOfBox, 03 May 2013 - 02:18 AM.

#58 Atropy

• 160 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:29 AM

I just noticed that Newstar nootropics has 3rd party COAs for all their products except for Noopept(which I would like to try). Is there any possible reason for this?

#59 withoutthecloth

• 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:10 AM

I'm rather annoyed with New Star Nootropics -- I placed an order on Sunday. Haven't heard anything from them since. I e-mailed them before I saw the recently added notice on their website. No response. It's a bit unprofessional, but I'll wait a bit longer before throwing a hissy fit.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#60 fenra

• 43 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:15 AM

They are dealing with a severe amount of orders it seems, I have ordered a combo on the twenty-sixth looks like it just got sent. They created the shipment just three hours from the order though, and it was in the middle of the night! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users