Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

stopgam's thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2214 replies to this topic

#2101 serp777

• 622 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:09 PM

This is incredibly unlikely and I don't think he realizes how big the computer would have to be.

No you cant do that in argument, we have already established the computer could be big enough.

But an argument is to find the truth of things and I beg you to narrow it down to ONE thing at a time.

If you raise other objections before one point has been resolved it muddies the waters.

Can't do what? Make a valid point? We haven't established the computer could be big enough.

"But an argument is to find the truth of things and I beg you to narrow it down to ONE thing at a time."

I am questioning just one of your arguments at this point: that with a big enough computer we could simulate everything. So this is the only thing im addressing.

Right now just two things are being discussed, which is how you're showing that randomness doesn't exist and that everything is deterministic and how you're getting around the limitations of physics and chemistry for calculating the extent of the fifth dimension.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 3

#2102 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:01 PM

QUANTUM ARCHAEOLOGY.

How Science is trying to resurrect the dead.

Micro Map of the past being created.

• Quantum computers and new maths to calculate detailed histories and memories of everyone dead.
  • Face and body reconstructions a million years old already achieved: mind reconstructions coming.
  • 106 billion people to be resurrected within 40 years.

MAIN ARTICLE:~~>(working: Nine pages)
QuantumArchaeology

029a53d4ba8e0529c2e174bcb942e0fac4b9d9f9

TEDxDeExctinction talks website »

<--- MORE INFORMATION BACK THRU THIS THREAD<------

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#2103 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:10 PM

No randomness does not exist. Randomness cant be built by human tools. I restate it doesn't exist and a flat distribution curve only means you have given equal representation to all the numbers in your constructed finite sequence.

>>>And randomness is apparent in nature too. Consider the double slit experiment.<<<

Poh! YOU consider the double slit experiment. No reputable scientist has a clue what's happening. "I know there are many universes." Mad as hatters. They only great thing is these people seldom reproduce.

>>>>You may believe you are calculating the 5th dimension, but Quantum Archaeology is a medical operation using computers for retrieving people believed lost.

It has already started by recovery simple ancient extinct forms, checking them for veracity and function.

Edited by stopgam, 23 February 2015 - 08:12 PM.

• Informative x 1

#2104 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:39 PM

>>>>So randomness has a precise mathematical definition that computers align with.<<<

no. You have high-jacked 'randomness' and given it another meaning. That is the opposite of mathematics which is indeed precise at best.

Look i dont know the answer to most science, nor to most things but I wont be blinded by science.

I've seen archaeology in the field since I was 10 and I know we can recover things.

There's no fundamental difference recovering a non-living artefact and repairing it like these huts:

article-1301837-0AC143C7000005DC-409_634

http://www.dailymail...-years-old.html

to Copernicus' face

SNLEAN792200-_92P.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.u...ope/4405958.stm

So I ask you where does this recovery stop?

layinggridinpit.jpg

On a grid you can see it never stops until your quest has been accomplished.

Each thing examined leads to other things. From these other things, yet other things are describable.

stratigraphy1%282%29.jpg

It's incremental. Finds, artefacts, moving to plots on the archaeological record:

then into computerised manipulation and retrodiction.

You need every detail of a crime scene to know the criminal, just enough evidence to retrodict what happened.

But I've gone further. i think it possible to synthesise all data bases present and plot the past on the Archaeology Grid (above)

I dont want to deal with many universes when reconstructing dead men...we know what our limits of operation are...from the body to 5 nanometres, from the ion to the group of men. From the present environment to the past by retrodiction.

tumblr_mj57bsYzHW1rd1n1oo8_500.jpgFrench Henry IV

starting point

tumblr_mj57bsYzHW1rd1n1oo2_500.jpg

• like x 1

#2105 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:49 PM

we have apps for mobiles that can scan graves and bring a skeleton up in digitation, then create what the living face was.

We can even do it from ONLY the DNA since 2012

modern one

forensics_poster-blog427.jpg

NYT: Crime scene DNA can be used to construct facial profiles

"

Herodotus (c. 484-c. 425). He was the first western scholar to systematically collect artefacts and test their accuracy. He was also the first to make a compelling narrative of the past. He is known for his set of 9 books called The Histories, in which he wrote of everything he could find out about different regions." wiki

we can make simulations and reference data bases and delete irrelevancies and highlight counterintuitiuves-but-corrects.

You cant hide. The past cant be hidden. "Information is incapable of being destroyed, that is the deepest physics I know" (Susskind)

Everything links to pother things. There is number order and measurement. And above this laws.

No one is dead.

No one has died

Because final death is impossible in a cosmos which can look back and examine itself, and where intelligent life is getting more complexity at speeding rates.

My guess is 7 years and first human resurrection will begin, and the precursors to that are already in place.

• Agree x 1

#2106 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:51 PM

It's not going to be hard to model us

A%20Me%20At%20Computer%20Cartoon.jpg

• Agree x 1

#2107 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:58 PM

Via laser into the past of the oceans

e6ced2ce-b80d-4d37-b712-65092ddc6512.gri

Scientists from the GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel (Germany) have now succeeded together with partners from the Universities of Bristol (UK), the University of Toronto (Canada) and the University of Maine (USA) in reconstructing the pH values of the northern Pacific ocean over the past 120 years with a monthly resolution." more>>>

http://phys.org/news...ser-oceans.html

832.gif

• Agree x 1

#2108 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:13 PM

Ancient Egyptian seal of Ramesses the Great found

2601C73E00000578-2965390-image-a-12_1424

Archaeologist James Balme, who paid just £12 ($19) for the seal on a charity website, believes it bears the cartouche of Ramesses the Great, who ruled Egypt between 1,279 and 1,213BC.

history-souvenir-mummy-egypt-egyptian_mu

coming soon

Ramses The Great

30bb0155558f3f5ed6e6def03a936e04.jpg

• Agree x 1

#2109 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:18 AM

NeanderthalSpeech.sm_.jpg

Tracing Languages Back Using Statistics on Sounds

"A team of researchers in the U.S. and U.K. has developed a statistical technique that sorts out when changes to words' pronunciations most likely occurred in the evolutionary history of related languages.

Their model, presented recently in the journal Current Biology, gives researchers a renewed opportunity to trace words and languages back to their earliest common ancestor or ancestors - potentially thousands of years further into prehistory than previous techniques can do with any statistical rigor.

the technique detects historical "concerted sound changes" - a linguistic evolutionary phenomenon where a specific sound changes to another specific sound in many words simultaneously.

For example, the modern languages of English and Latin descended from a common predecessor called proto-Indoeuropean. In English, the words father and foot took on an initial f sound, but in Latin those words retained their p sound, as in pater and ped. This transition occurred across the English language in many words that had featured a p sound.

The researchers tested their new model on Turkic, a family of at least 35 languages spoken by Turkic peoples from Southeastern Europe and the Mediterranean to Siberia and Western China. Their computer analysis automatically..." More>>>

http://www.scienceda...50219133034.htm

cab726f0ffb3ea85cd3a3b7565b96206.jpg

• Agree x 1

#2110 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:26 AM

I am questioning just one of your arguments at this point: that with a big enough computer we could simulate everything. So this is the only thing im addressing.

Right now just two things are being discussed, which is how you're showing that randomness doesn't exist and that everything is deterministic and how you're getting around the limitations of physics and chemistry for calculating the extent of the fifth dimension.

Those paragraphs contradict each other:)

look it boils down to this:

I think the universe is ruled absolutely by laws and you dont.

You think some of the universe is random and I dont.

I dont have a problem with dimensions and QA isn't about any but 4 of them.

miscellaneous-space_aliens-aliens-leader

• Good Point x 1

#2111 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:34 AM

Cheap Printed Solar Cells

230215_solarcells_1.jpg?itok=mqcfhPn9

Research into alternatives to silicon solar cells is making rapid progress.

In one hour the Sun sends enough energy to the Earth to power civilisation for a year....

Perovskites’ promise is that they might soon match silicon’s performance, without its costly high-temperature manufacturing step.

" more>>>

230215_solarcells_2.jpg?itok=CmlHvjxE

https://cosmosmagazi...ed-breakthrough

c636786811a7f8b693974ca5a186ae0d.jpg

• Agree x 1

#2112 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:45 AM

Mummified Monk sits inside Bhuda Statue

mummy-found-inside-buddha-statue-456.jpg

"Researchers at the Meander Medical Center in Amersfoort, Netherlands discovered the mummified remains of a monk inside a Chinese statue of Buddha. The remains, which are presumed to be of Buddhist master Liuquan of the Chinese Meditation School...more>>>>

http://www.cctv-amer...-ancient-statue

religion-guru-yogis-positions-yoga_posit

• Agree x 1

#2113 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:53 AM

World Record Broken to edge of space .

http://news.discover...pace-150223.htm

space-balloon-200x200-131022.jpg

worldview-balloon-150223-670.jpg

• Agree x 1

#2114 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:02 AM

MIT makes chairs that assemble themselves

chair2.gif

"The last chair you purchased likely arrived fully assembled, but let’s be clear: It didn’t assemble itself. There’s only one chair in the world that can do that, and it’s way too small for you to sit on. This very special chair, standing upon a 15 cm by 15 cm footprint, is the work of Skylar Tibbits and his team at the Self-Assembly Lab at MIT." more>>>

http://www.wired.com...hairs-assemble/

How do they sell real estate near MIT aren't people terrified?

health-beauty-witch-3_witches-couldron-c

"Advanced Science will be indistinguishable from magic" Authur C Clarke.

myths-legends-witch-spells-frogs-policem

Edited by stopgam, 24 February 2015 - 02:36 AM.

• like x 1

#2115 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:08 AM

http://longbets.org/bets/

Interesting from forums @ Kurzweilai.net

On the Record: Bets

These bets are set in stone until they reach judgement. Read the arguments written in favor of each position and discuss the bets with the bettors themselves and the rest of the Long Bets community.

funny-pictures-of-the-loch-ness-monster.

Edited by stopgam, 24 February 2015 - 02:41 AM.

• like x 1

#2116 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:21 AM

Robotics experts developing 'smart trousers'

774-accde183f49d08b384169afe6cb3799e.jpg

bulky version.

"A real-life version of The Wrong Trousers immortalised by Wallace and Gromit is being developed by a British team of robotic experts.

The close-fitting “smart trousers” will employ artificial muscles to assist the mobility of frail elderly and disabled individuals.

Ultimately they could even replace stairlifts and wheelchairs, according to the University of Bristol team."

"Wearable soft robotics has the potential to improve many of these problems and reduce healthcare costs at the same time too."

ancient_kung_fu_master_pai_mei.jpg

Edited by stopgam, 24 February 2015 - 02:43 AM.

• like x 1

#2117 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:27 AM

Training for Space Conditions

260584A700000578-0-image-a-13_1424736287

While much of the East Coast is coated in snow, spare a thought for the crew of the French–Italian Concordia research station in Antarctica.

They are about to be 'locked in' - and will have to survive six months of complete isolation.

To make things worse, four months will be in darkness because the Sun never rises above the horizon.

Scroll down for video 

#2118 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:25 AM

Coming this year to a home near you!

The hands are great with great fingers and sensors

163133206.jpg

MIT is ambitios on walking: it has said they will run faster than any human ever has ( as fast as a cheetah)

you can buy a domestic robot right now if you will put up with high cost and limited abilities.

But the major stuff is in prototype and wont be here til June/August

Edited by stopgam, 24 February 2015 - 04:42 AM.

#2119 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:40 AM

#2120 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:17 AM

No randomness does not exist. Randomness cant be built by human tools. I restate it doesn't exist and a flat distribution curve only means you have given equal representation to all the numbers in your constructed finite sequence.

>>>And randomness is apparent in nature too. Consider the double slit experiment.<<<

Poh! YOU consider the double slit experiment. No reputable scientist has a clue what's happening. "I know there are many universes." Mad as hatters. They only great thing is these people seldom reproduce.

Your opposition to the existence of randomness in nature does not seem rational. 

• Ill informed x 1

#2121 serp777

• 622 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:27 AM

>>>>You may believe you are calculating the 5th dimension, but Quantum Archaeology is a medical operation using computers for retrieving people believed lost.

It has already started by recovery simple ancient extinct forms, checking them for veracity and function.

What else is more random than a flat distribution with an uncompressable data stream? I'm waiting for your counter example. I restate that you haven't shown any mathematical proof that randomness that doesn't exist. I'm also waiting for your definition of random. I haven't hijacked the definition because ITS NOT MY DEFINITION LOL.

"Poh! YOU consider the double slit experiment. No reputable scientist has a clue what's happening"

And yet you claim to know that randomness does not exist. Please. Now you're being contradictory. You can't have it both ways: either you have all the clues about what's happening with the double slit experiment, therefore showing that randomness does not exist, or you can't claim that randomness does not exist.

"It has already started by recovery simple ancient extinct forms, checking them for veracity and function."

And it has already been rebuttaled that this step is the easiest by far. Recreating brains is nearly infinitely more difficult.

Edited by serp777, 24 February 2015 - 09:28 AM.

• Ill informed x 2
  • Disagree x 1

#2122 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:41 PM

Your opposition to the existence of randomness in nature does not seem rational. 

[There is no evidence of  randomness. Von Neuman and Michie both stated humans are incapable of making randomness, which would always be subject to the tools that made them.

People confuse complexity with randomness, and anything they cant explain with spookyness, whereas subsequent science has always shown it to be complexity when we could observe it.

I thought the universe was random with pockets of order as a child, but as I discovered more of it by observing and measuring it was clear everything without exception was obeying the laws of physics.

If you reflect on the past it is huge consensus opinion being dashed again and again by heretics. This doesn't mean silly views are correct, but that breakthroughs will be met by scepticism and sometimes violent opposition like the luddites. Great America is locked in rejections of Darwinism with schools teaching creationism: so must accept randomness I guess.

I dont know why people admit randomness when it's not evident in nature where we can see and measure. The rest must be speculative.

NB

1. Everything is affected by other things.

2. The ways they effect them is called the laws of physics.

• Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#2123 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:45 PM

What else is more random than a flat distribution with an uncompressable data stream? I'm waiting for your counter example. I restate that you haven't shown any mathematical proof that randomness that doesn't exist. I'm also waiting for your definition of random. I haven't hijacked the definition because ITS NOT MY DEFINITION LOL.

"Poh! YOU consider the double slit experiment. No reputable scientist has a clue what's happening"

And yet you claim to know that randomness does not exist. Please. Now you're being contradictory. You can't have it both ways: either you have all the clues about what's happening with the double slit experiment, therefore showing that randomness does not exist, or you can't claim that randomness does not exist.

"It has already started by recovery simple ancient extinct forms, checking them for veracity and function."

And it has already been rebuttaled that this step is the easiest by far. Recreating brains is nearly infinitely more difficult.

dot get your toes twitching about maths. It is just abstraction from Nature into symbols and playing with them. It is not a provably true nor complete system. I look for evidence in Nature itself.

Everywhere in Nature (where we can observe and measure) effect follows cause, and follows it by the laws of physics.

This is also true in quantum science where closed experiments have been shown to be reversable.

#2124 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:58 PM

You are making an error of category when you think that laws cannot have randomness built into them. What exactly is preventing nature using true randomness? Isn't it cool that identical initial conditions do not lead to identical outcomes? I think that's just awesome, but bad news for QA I guess. 

• Ill informed x 1

#2125 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:11 PM

You are making an error of category when you think that laws cannot have randomness built into them. What exactly is preventing nature using true randomness? Isn't it cool that identical initial conditions do not lead to identical outcomes? I think that's just awesome, but bad news for QA I guess. 

I've nothing really to add to this debate.

Resurrections have already begun in evolutionary biology and de-extinction.

It remains to be seen if men can be resurrected, but my judgement is yes, thoughts and all based on the axioms set forth.

You cant just use mathematics...you have to use common sense as well 9common sense is a massive number of weighted & tested true axioms.

'Randomnes'  you're using just means you or the maths cant see order; it doesn't mean there isn't any.

It is nonsense to state the same initial conditions would produce different results and this is one of the failings of Quantum Theory which I would make myself look even more stupid talking about.I have often heard this argument in physics and reject it . We shall see which of us is right as men are recovered.

Cathedral Grave May Have Belonged to a Medieval Knight

knight.jpg

HEREFORD, ENGLAND—An osteological study of more than 700 sets of human remains excavated from Hereford Cathedral suggests that one of the graves held the remains of a knight. Analysis of the knight’s teeth shows he was likely from Normandy and had moved to Hereford later in life. The skeleton, which has been dated to between A.D. 1100 and 1300, had several fractures to the ribs and right shoulder that are consistent with injuries sustained while jousting. Only some of the wounds had healed; the unhealed wounds had been sustained close to the time of death. The body also had an unusual twisting break in the lower left leg, perhaps inflicted after a hit to the right side of the upper body while on horseback. The hit could have spun the rider, catching the left foot in the stirrup." more>>

http://www.archaeolo...hereford-knight

Edited by stopgam, 24 February 2015 - 08:43 PM.

#2126 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:26 PM

Archaeology Drones to scour the Amazon

ups-drone.jpg
peru-inca-trail-2.jpg

windy.jpg

amazon-jungle-development.jpg

drone surveys are able to penetrate the deep forests.

today

"European Research Council will search the Amazon River Basin for clues to the forest’s inhabitants for the past 3,000 years." more>>>

http://www.archaeolo...l-amazon-drones

workplace-worker-white_collar-white_coll

#2127 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:36 PM

Massive amounts of Saharan dust fertilize the Amazon rainforest

sandstorm2.jpg

HusarFig8b.jpg

For the first time, scientists have an accurate estimate of how much phosphorus makes this trans-Atlantic journey. A new paper, published Feb. 24, 2015 in the journal Geophysical Research Letters, puts the number at about 22,000 tons per year, which roughly matches the amount that the Amazon loses from rain and flooding.

This phosphorus accounts for just 0.08% of the 27.7 million tons of Saharan dust that settles in the Amazon every year. The finding is part of a bigger research effort to understand the role of dust in the environment and its effects on local and global climate." more>>>

http://phys.org/news...ize-amazon.html

#2128 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:51 PM

Kenyan Fossils Show Evolution of Hippos

150224113446-large.jpg

A French-Kenyan research team has just described a new fossil ancestor of today's hippo family. This discovery bridges a gap in the fossil record separating these animals from their closest modern-day cousins, the cetaceans. It also shows that some 35 million years ago, the ancestors of hippos were among the first large mammals to colonize the African continent, long before those of any of the large carnivores, giraffes or bovines."

more>>

http://www.scienceda...50224113446.htm

animals-hippo-hippopotamus-ostrich-anima

#2129 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:04 PM

Skate to work 11km Freezeway for Edmonton, Canada

_81194354_122569881.jpg

story:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...gazine-31581592

Edited by stopgam, 24 February 2015 - 09:09 PM.

#2130 Julia36

• Topic Starter
  • 2,267 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:14 PM

QUANTUM ARCHAEOLOGY.

How Science is trying to resurrect the dead.

Micro Map of the past being created.

• Quantum computers and new maths to calculate detailed histories and memories of everyone dead.
  • Face and body reconstructions a million years old already achieved: mind reconstructions coming.
  • 106 billion people to be resurrected within 40 years.

MAIN ARTICLE:~~>(working: Nine pages)
QuantumArchaeology

029a53d4ba8e0529c2e174bcb942e0fac4b9d9f9

TEDxDeExctinction talks website »

<--- MORE INFORMATION BACK THRU THIS THREAD<------

=======================================

Key genes for symbiosis between mycorrhiza fungi and trees evolved several times

mycorrhiza-fungi-image-1.jpg

Champenoux/ Halle(Saale)/ Leipzig. The life style of ectomycorrhiza fungi is some 100 million years younger than the one of their ancestors within white and brown rot fungi. The key genome adaptation enabling fungi to associate to roots for establishing a symbiosis evolved a repeatedly amount of time. This conclusion was drawn by an international team of researchers who performed the first comprehensive comparative phylogenomic analysis on mycorrhiza fungi, now appearing in the reputed scientific journal Nature Genetics. These sequences provide crucial information on how the symbiosis between fungi and trees evolved.

This will enable scientists to improve their prediction of the reaction of mycorrhizal communities to environmental modifications such as changes in forest management or climate. Three scientists of the Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ) contributed to this discovery that also received support from the German Centre for Integrative Biodiversity Research (iDiv) Halle-Jena-Leipzig." more>>>

http://phys.org/news...hiza-fungi.html

0d0274de429e4c0917faa5331be6facb.jpg

Edited by stopgam, 24 February 2015 - 09:15 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2)