Photo
* - - - - 6 votes

c16 pkr inhibitor tryout

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#91 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

I just read this thread again and loled so hard.

Edited by redan, 15 March 2013 - 10:03 PM.

• dislike x 1

#92 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

Been hearing a lot about PKR inhibition lately; would be willing to invest up to $1k tentatively and much more should there exist potential for safe & therapeutic treatment.

As for sourcing, hate to say it but the best bet would likely be China--I may, hypothetically speaking, be able to arrange this should you be able and willing to receive the package. Whatever you do with this package would be entirely at your discretion. Potential issues would of course be possible impurities and degradation during shipping--HPLC data would be rather expensive and I would only trust a national lab anyway meaning this is probably out of the question.

Not trying to be lazy but I don't have time to read through all the threads on PKR inhibition at the moment; does anyone have a summary of peer-reviewed studies which demonstrate the potential benefit/risk profile of either C16 or 2-AP? PKR inhibitors in general, especially those which may have had significant or unexpected actions? Are these currently the only "potentially safe" options discovered?

Cerebrolysin is as far as I've gone and frankly I'm not sure I'd be willing to test out such a novel compound especially should there exist a risk of carcinogenesis in human models... nevertheless if others would like to experiment at their own discretion consider me very interested in the outcomes.

[edit] Also any information on bioavailability would be a plus. Haven't done enough research yet to draw any conclusions but as a protein I'm assuming subcutaneous injection at a minimum?

[further edit] Potential sources (by CAS #--options which appear to either have lax restrictions on licensing or potential to ship to individuals):

http://acccorporatio...INB0000810.aspx (local)

http://www.vvchem.co...7-6,892635.html

http://atozchem.net/prod-854951.html

Is this still actual?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#93 abelard lindsay

• 873 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:36 AM

What ever happened to people taking Zi Cao to purportedly get PKR inhibition?

#94 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:47 AM

What ever happened to people taking Zi Cao to purportedly get PKR inhibition?

You'd have to isolate the compound from Zi Cao then extract it. Dunno. Doubt its as potent as c16 which works at effectively 3.35 μg/kg for mice.

#95 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:16 AM

This thread is so funny.

BTW, JPC16 are you still reading this thread? Have you obtained C16?

#96 peakplasma

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:49 AM

Redan, you've got to quote him to get his attention.

I am still willing to try this out. I just can't get the stuff.

#97 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

JPC16 will be obtaining this for research purposes. I hope he keeps us informed about his results.

Edited by yadayada, 06 May 2013 - 01:09 PM.

#98 Michael White

• 26 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

It's not hard to get. I don't understand why people have having difficulties.

#99 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

It's not hard to get. I don't understand why people have having difficulties.

Wwhat do you mean? Where do you get it?

#100 Michael White

• 26 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

http://www.invivogen.com/2-aminopurine

#101 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

http://www.invivogen.com/2-aminopurine

Wow, you definitely don't want to use 2-amiopurine. It's carcinogenic.

#102 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

Been hearing a lot about PKR inhibition lately; would be willing to invest up to $1k tentatively and much more should there exist potential for safe & therapeutic treatment.

As for sourcing, hate to say it but the best bet would likely be China--I may, hypothetically speaking, be able to arrange this should you be able and willing to receive the package. Whatever you do with this package would be entirely at your discretion. Potential issues would of course be possible impurities and degradation during shipping--HPLC data would be rather expensive and I would only trust a national lab anyway meaning this is probably out of the question.

Not trying to be lazy but I don't have time to read through all the threads on PKR inhibition at the moment; does anyone have a summary of peer-reviewed studies which demonstrate the potential benefit/risk profile of either C16 or 2-AP? PKR inhibitors in general, especially those which may have had significant or unexpected actions? Are these currently the only "potentially safe" options discovered?

Cerebrolysin is as far as I've gone and frankly I'm not sure I'd be willing to test out such a novel compound especially should there exist a risk of carcinogenesis in human models... nevertheless if others would like to experiment at their own discretion consider me very interested in the outcomes.

[edit] Also any information on bioavailability would be a plus. Haven't done enough research yet to draw any conclusions but as a protein I'm assuming subcutaneous injection at a minimum?

[further edit] Potential sources (by CAS #--options which appear to either have lax restrictions on licensing or potential to ship to individuals):

http://acccorporatio...INB0000810.aspx (local)

http://www.vvchem.co...7-6,892635.html

http://atozchem.net/prod-854951.html

Is this still actual?

evo, I sent you a PM about this. Don't know if you're still interested.

#103 researchist

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

I don't see where anybody has talked about any real experiences with c16. Has anybody had experience with this? Was a group buy ever considered? Are there any suppliers that have been checked out? What would be the dosage for a large, say 200lb rat?

#104 gnappi

• 112 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

I don't see where anybody has talked about any real experiences with c16. Has anybody had experience with this? Was a group buy ever considered? Are there any suppliers that have been checked out? What would be the dosage for a large, say 200lb rat?

Wow!!! 200lb rat??? Did you mean 200lb capybara, right??? :laugh:

Edited by gnappi, 11 September 2013 - 04:25 PM.

#105 researchist

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:47 PM

lol, yup, the feed alone is a lab techs nightmare. It could well be a capybara too, seeing as how it is larger and better looking than most rats. :;

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#106 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

Any update on this yada?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users