c60 gray hair h2o2 tyrosinase methionine methionine restruction cystiene

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#31 ClarkSims

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:42 PM

I am about ready to conclude, that C60/OO doesn't do much for gray hair. I was thinking of adding something else. For starters I could add ginger oil. Studies like this one indicate that something in ginger (perhaps gingerol?) acts as a mimic for catalase and superoxide dismutase.

http://eprints.utm.my/12853/

Here is the full text

ejum.fsktm.um.edu.my/article/621.pdf

Does anyone have any other or better ideas on what I could add?

I considered PQQ, green tea extracts, resveratrol, alpha lipoic acid. For the water soluble substances, I would need to put them in something like water and dmso.

Edited by ClarkSims, 25 July 2013 - 11:46 PM.

#32 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:24 AM

i'd be really interested in ideas on how to increase your native level of catalase. it's something i've wondered about for a long time.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:01 PM

Gisodin might boost catalase.

For what it's worth, Lef claim that their sodzyme product boosts catalase by 171 per cent.

#34 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:48 AM

I have these in my notes as supplements that may increase catalase, or catalase activity. These references may not be very good. I haven't looked in to it that much.

Ashwagandha
Rhodiola
Apple Polyphenols
Naringin
Bacopa

#35 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:00 AM

Thx for the post ta5. Had no idea on the Naringin but, not surprising really. Great stuff. Thx again.

#36 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:19 PM

This is a damn good writeup IMHO.
Its by a forum member, but I cant remember who?

Novel Solutions to Delay Graying Hair
http://selfhacked.co...t-graying-hair/
  • like x 1

#37 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:59 AM

More things that don't work. The title of this thread should be changed to C60 and other things that don't cure gray hair.
  • like x 3

#38 ClarkSims

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:11 AM

That is an impressive summary of existing research. In particular

Ginkgo biloba extract (GBE) prepared from the leaves of Ginkgo biloba with 50% diluted alcohol was found to locally induce superoxide dismutase (SOD) and catalase (CAT) enzyme activity in epidermis after topical application

This sounds like exactly what is needed to cure gray hair. I think I will dissolve some Ginkgo in DMSO / water solution and start with that.

Several years ago I read a paper that ginger upregulated catalase production in pre-cancerous intestinal polyps, and turned back the clock in the progression towards cancer. That is what gave me the idea of using ginger juice in DMSO.

I spent many hours trying to find that paper but it wasn't. I remember it was written by an undergrad as her thesis, and everyone at that university cooed about what a wonderful paper it was.

Edited by ClarkSims, 07 August 2013 - 02:14 AM.

#39 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:50 AM

More things that don't work. The title of this thread should be changed to C60 and other things that don't cure gray hair.

I assume you have tried many of the suggestions on this blog without success Turnbuckle?

I agree that Ginkgo sounds interesting ClarkSims.
Why the DMSO & water if the study mentions alcohol?
Does the booze do nasty things like make you pissed and your hair fall out?

#40 ClarkSims

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:12 AM

I always thought of DMSO as a better solvent than alcohol.
I was thinking of using Ginger juice combined with DMSO.
I suppose a combination of DMSO would be the best solvent. The DMSO would help the hydrophlic compounds diffuse through the skin. The alcohol would help the lipophilic compounds.

#41 ClarkSims

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:28 AM

Perchance would anyone know where I could download the full text of this article?

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/9385585

This is the study that says Ginko increase the catalase in the epidermis.

#42 Andey

• 673 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:32 AM

I assume you have tried many of the suggestions on this blog without success Turnbuckle?

And have you a succed with any of this ? Or anybody who participate at this topic ?

So far I didnt ever saw any credible report let alone study about reversing gray hair.

#43 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:47 AM

One of the longest running threads at the LEF forum is titled How To Reverse Gray Hair. After 450 posts, no one has the answer.

I've tried the things mentioned here, and some of those mentioned on LEF. If anything would have worked, it would have been C60, but that failed as well.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 09 August 2013 - 10:48 AM.

#44 ClarkSims

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:13 PM

@Andey, so far I haven't seen any changes.

Perhaps on needs to treat the hair follicle for an entire life cycle?
In the pseudocatalase study, they reported pigment coming back into the eyelashes.
The life cycle of an eyelash is about 4 months.

If this is the case, perhaps I should be concentrating on other body hair, like the whiskers near my mouth.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Hair_follicle

The cycle's length varies on different parts of the body. For eyebrows, the cycle is completed in around 4 months, while it takes the scalp 3–4 years to finish;

#45 ClarkSims

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

Here is an intriguing article. I wish the lady posted photos. http://www.peoplesph...oes-crestor-tu/

#46 Logan

• 1,869 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:59 AM

I'm not that crazy about going gray, but it also does not really concern me in the least. Be secure with yourself to a degree, and that might help ward off the grays.

#47 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:25 AM

Gray adds 10 years to apparent age. It's easy not to worry about it and feel secure if you are married or in a secure relationship. It's not so easy if you are single and graying. Finding potential mates is hard enough even if you don't have a condition that makes you look 10 years older.

#48 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:25 AM

Didn't seem to hurt Richard Gere's popularity with the ladies. I think you don't understand what a lot of women find attractive.

#49 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

Didn't seem to hurt Richard Gere's popularity with the ladies. I think you don't understand what a lot of women find attractive.

In my case it's not about what women find attractive. You're barking up the wrong tree here dude. :)

#50 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

Hehehe ok, sorry, my bad, made a whole lot of incorrect assumptions!

#51 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:38 PM

Back in 1996 I witnessed Harrison Ford and Brad Pitt arriving in different vehicles to a lower Manhattan outside location shoot at roughly the same time... but only one of them got mobbed by the women in wait. But then again, Harrison looked quite pleased being able walk the rest of his way to work down the sidewalk unmolested.

Howard

#52 xEva

• 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

Harrison Ford ain't Richard Gere
  • Agree x 1

#53 Logan

• 1,869 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:13 AM

Gray adds 10 years to apparent age. It's easy not to worry about it and feel secure if you are married or in a secure relationship. It's not so easy if you are single and graying. Finding potential mates is hard enough even if you don't have a condition that makes you look 10 years older.

Dude, the woman that falls in live with you won't give a fuck about your gray hair. Also, you being so insecure is going to be detected, and you will have that much harder time finding someone to share a great loving relationship with. On top of that, younger want to spend more time focusing on feeling good about the things you have control over. Yes , easier said than done, but this is the right way to go about achieving happiness in life.

I am not with anyone right now, and in 40 years old. Shit, I don't even have a career in place yet. I just don't give a fuck to a degree. If you can give off this vibe, the ladies will love you that much more.

Hey, nobody mentioned George Clooney. I always hear young women talking about him. A best friend of mine married a woman 13 years younger, he is 41, and she is 28. He had been salt and pepper since he was 34. When she first saw him, she said his gray hairs was one of his most attractive physical qualities.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#54 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

Perhaps a more significant concern is perception and treatment in the workplace...

Howard
  • Agree x 1

#55 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:03 PM

Perhaps a more significant concern is perception and treatment in the workplace...

Howard

And the extent to which it is a marker for overall aging.

#56 seescaper

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:23 AM

I can't do links yet but i just bought 2 products to try that contain catalase among other things, "rescind" and "getawaygray." these can be googled. will see how they work. I wouldn't expect c60 to affect gray color, but might stimulate hair regrowth.
some other things i am starting to try on my hair are:
15-16% minoxidil (polaris 10 and 11)
ramatroban
cortexolone 17 alpha proprionate
emu oil
spectral DNC-N
dr Proctors
monistat 7
dercos and nizoral shampoo
astralagus root extract

I am also going to make a preparation i saw on the web that basically involves an infusion of castor oil mixed with a lot of black tea and cayenne pepper, plus biotin. it is simmered for 5 hours, strained, and applied to the scalp at night and is supposed to increase the raate of hair growth. This can be googled as "hairdrenaline."

so far i believe i am getting some increased growth in my bald area, but still early.

i am going to also start oral c60evoo soon, and add some topical, maybe in the emu oil prep. A good site is also mpb research for some oral stuff for the hair as well. as for solvents, i wonder if an alphahydroxy acid would help penetration through the dermis and i like the idea of the needle roller, although this would be focal and not diffuse. also, i think that not only application but massage into the skin to stimulate blood flow might be helpful.

Edited by seescaper, 01 March 2014 - 06:24 AM.

• like x 1

#57 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:01 PM

One method for reversing gray hair touted on some web pages is to apply half strength apple cider vinegar as a rinse and wrap your hair with a towel to keep it wet for half an hour. This makes sense in light of a Japanese discovery that an acid treatment (or any sort of stress) for 30 minutes can turn white blood cells into stem cells. And stem cells are just what you need to replace melanocytes.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 01 March 2014 - 01:19 PM.

• like x 1

#58 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:40 PM

i wonder if an alphahydroxy acid would help penetration through the dermis

I would worry about developing some pretty serious irritation if you combine and AHA with all this other stuff. The AHA would be unlikely to improve penetration if you put them on at the same time. Maybe if you used an AHA, then waited a few days for peeling and healing to occur, you'd have a little less dead skin to get through.

#59 James Phillip Turpin

• 26 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:43 AM

I tincture root powder of astragalus membranaceus / astragalus propinquus in vegetable glycerine at heat, in a glass container with quark stopper and a water bath.  This gives a stronger extract in larger quantity for less money than what I can get retail.  Since getting epitalone the only thing I use astragalus root extract for now is preventing/reversing grey hair.  Perhaps rosemary helps too, seems to help with male pattern balding anyway.

#60 RedCairo

• 12 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:25 AM

I tincture root powder of astragalus membranaceus / astragalus propinquus in vegetable glycerine at heat, in a glass container with quark stopper and a water bath.  This gives a stronger extract in larger quantity for less money than what I can get retail.  Since getting epitalone the only thing I use astragalus root extract for now is preventing/reversing grey hair.  Perhaps rosemary helps too, seems to help with male pattern balding anyway.

Thanks for the details.

Does it work? Can you tell us something about your or others' experience with it to evaluate that?

Glycerin is something I'd prefer to avoid. Is there any other lipid that you think might work as well for the tincture?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, gray hair, h2o2, tyrosinase, methionine, methionine restruction, cystiene

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users