- - - - -

First Time Using Nootropics

aniracetam piracetam nootropics stack racetams

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Peterjpw

• 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

Hi there, I'm new to nootropics (I'd never even heard of them until a few day ago). Anyway, they seem pretty fascinating and I'd love to try them out, but I have a few questions before I start (by the way, sorry for the extra-long post...)
  • Which nootropic(s) should I start with?
I know that this is a pretty pretty broad question, but here's essentially what I'm looking for...
  • Easing anxiety--I have moderate general/social anxiety which is what lead to me to look into nootropics in the first place. From what I've read, the racetams, especially aniracetam,are good at reducing anxiety
  • Boosting memory/cognition/pattern recognition--This is also a big one for me. I spent a lot of time smoking weed all through middle and high school and I feel like I've sort of fogged my brain. I'm at university now and I have a hard time focusing on my work and remembering what I've learned.
  • Creativity/sensory--One of the interesting things I read about the racetams is that they increase your creativity and make colors/music/etc. seem more vivid and real. I've done taken LSD before and loved it for just this reason-the increased 'realness' and vividness of everything. Obviously I'm not looking for an acid trip per se, but some of those sorts of qualities would be nice. (also, of course, creativity).
  • Verbal fluency--I'd also like to increase my verbal skills; that is, be able to speak clearly without stumbling over my words, et cetera. This is a big problem with me-I have a lot of trouble clearly speaking what I'm thinking and it's makes social interactions even more difficult for me.
It's probably wishful thinking to imagine that I can achieve all of that, but I thought I'd ask anyway. What's most important to me
is dealing with anxiety, and then the others in no particular order. From what I've read, aniracetam seems to be the best at
treating anxiety, so I'm leaning towards that right now. But I'm really open to anything that works, especially if it has benefits
in the other areas I mentioned.

*note* I know that people tend to 'stack' nootropics to gain more benefits; however, I would prefer to take as few as possible,
if only to keep the cost down. I'd probably want to start on one or two max, along with supplements like choline if need be.

2. General and Long Term Use​

I've read lots of peoples first-time experiences with nootropics online, but I haven't found as much about dosage schedules. How
do people generally take nootropics? Is it an every day thing? Once a day or multiple times? Consistent or sporadic?
I'm especially curious about long term use. Are nootropics the kind of thing you can use long-term? If so, does one develop a
tolerance? Are there long term affects (positive or negative)? Are there lasting affects after stopping use?

3. Importing to Canada

I live in Canada, and apparently nootropics are not sold here. But from what I've read it's legal to important them by buying
online. Has anybody had any experience with this? Is it actually legal to import? If so have you ever had an trouble with
customs?
On a separate but related note, I'm planning on purchasing from 'Smart Powders' because they seem to be legitimate, but
I'm not really sure. Any experiences with them, or alternatives?

4. Mixing with other nootropics and drugs

What can I expect if I do decide to use multiple nootropics at once? Do the effects diminish/increase? Also, I'm looking
into noopept. Does this mix well with aniracetam? Would you recommend it?
Also, I occasionally smoke...is this a bad combination with nootropics?

Thanks for any feedback!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aniracetam, piracetam, nootropics, stack, racetams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users