• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

how to reliably take low dose powder (tianeptine/noopept)?

powder

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 CortisolJunkie

• 27 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

hey sorry if this is the wrong forum. I got some noopept powder a while back that i havent really gotten a chance to try, but it did come with one of those tiny scoops. later I got another identical scoop with a picamilon order. I'm a little confused because it was saying that apparently the scoop was good for 10-20mg of noopept but I don't know if the scoop with the picamilon was supposed to deliver 50mg or multiple scoops.

Anyway i finally got ahold of some tianeptine powder but this is going to be a pain if I need to take this stuff 3x daily. I used 1/2 to 1/3 of a scoop as my first dose, i read the studies where someone was taking like 100 pills a day so it's not gonna hurt, but for experimenting I'd at least like to get a steady reasonable dose. my crappy scale only registers hundreths of grams and doesn't register small amounts of powder - but i feel like even if i got a better one it's STILL going to be unwieldly to deal with. i've thought of disolving it in a solution and taking drops/sprays but who knows about the efficiency. capping it is going to be tough without a filler. would it be reasonable to get some mannitol and use it as a filler in small caps, making it easier to cap and increasing bioavailablity?

sorry i am so new to this. i think i'm just going to go around scooping suspicous white powder out of a bag for a while, lol!

#2 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

For Noopept, I used this post:

It's all good. Took a lot of searching but found it. thought I'd post for other's benefit.

edit: had to look this up - canadian penny is .75" in diameter, same as US penny

Posted Image

I'd say best thing is to get a milligram scale.
Do keep us updated your expiences with Tianeptine. I ordered mine today would like to hear about your experience with it.
  • like x 1
  • Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 CortisolJunkie

• Topic Starter
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

sure, genius. thanks for the post - apparently I had a brain fart, the scoops I have are the same as the "Micro Milligram Scoops" which are supposedly supposed to be about 12-15mg per scoop. i'd say that one scoop pretty well equates to the first pic which is a good sign, but thanks i will double check with a penny. so the first time i took it today i totally underdosed, have been using one scoop since.

have some pretty bad ptsd related stress and anxiety and my cortisol has been jacked up for years no matter what supplement i take (hence my username :-D ) and have heard that ssris/etc. are not good for cortisol and can make it WORSE. im sick of meds that basically just make the matter worse instead of repairing existing damage.

i'll update you guys too, I am thinking I may cap them with some inositol that i have on hand for taking more easily, hopefully get my hands on some manitol at some point

#4 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

I think the problem with scoops is that density can differ per substance. E.g. a scoop of salt might be 10mg and a scoop of sugar might be 15mg.
I am on a similar mission, perhaps take a look at my findings.
They remain speculative, but I believe you/we are on the right track. Also, check this article, and make your own conclusions.
You need not necessarily come to similar conclusions, but I do recommend reading the article I posted at my topic for your further interest.
Good luck on the Noopept, hope it works for you. The only things it did for me, was leave a horrible taste in my mouth, and having a friend almost snort it 'cause he thought it was cocaine.
Don't leave your unlabelled white powders lying around, is a lesson I learned from that :P

#5 jadamgo

• 701 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:06 AM

One good option to reduce error is to dissolve a known large amount of substance in a liquid, e.g. water, vodka, oil (depending on what it mixes with). Then you can measure out the liquid.

For example, it's easier to measure out 100 mg of Noopept than to measure out 10mg. If you take 100mg of Noopept and add water to make 100 mL of solution, every 10 mL of solution will contain 10mg of Noopept.
  • Good Point x 1

#6 CortisolJunkie

• Topic Starter
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:14 AM

right, i was thinking the liquid way, since that's how it works for stuff like selegiline liquid (and even my dog's prozac to chill him out lol, easier to tweak dose with liquid) but was worried about potency/deterioration..esp when I'm just starting I want to get the full benefits.

i do know about the scoop, but at least with tianeptine if that guy coudl take 3000mg per day for a year, a margin of error like that shouldn't be a huge issue for tinapetine. also since i'm dealing with diagnosed PTSD, dysthmia, etc. a little more is not going to hurt right??

that is interesting about the noopept genius, thank you for reminding me about it! I bought it a while back and never got into it because i wanted to focus on my depression/ptsd issues. Honestly I just mentioned it in this post because it is one of the only noots I have that is in such low doses. I will say though I got it with a nootropic bunlde from New Star Nootropics with nefi, prami, and oxi if I remember correctly. I did not have a scale at the time so all I tried was the noopept with the scoop. I know a lot of guys are scared with nefiracetam, but i actually am wanting to try it as a potential replacement for the action forskolin - working on CAMP!

I don't know much about combining racetams with tianeptine, probably wouldn't be a big deal but I want to try to isolate stuff if I can, get a handle on tianeptine's action.

#7 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

You are correct on the marginal error in dosage on Tianeptine, allthough accurate measurement is usually preferred for reviewing effects.
It does have a miniscule abuse potential as I'm sure you've read. Wouldn't go around taking gram's of Tianeptine ;)
I've read of a guy who took 60 mg a day, with no need to up the dose. It does require some trial and error for some apparantly.
As for racetams, I wouldn't quite know the interactions there.. I believe Tianeptine modulates NMDA, but how exactly I cannot tell you.
Many nootropics alter NMDA action, and thus it might be wise to investigate the matter further. Wish ScienceGuy was around to give us a good lesson about the NMDA workings.
And yes definitely try to use/add one substance at a time. If you start taking Noopept and Tianeptine simultanuously, and you experience benefits, you won't be able to attribute them to a single substance ;)

On a side note: WTF YOUR DOG TAKES PROZAC?
Cheers.

#8 CortisolJunkie

• Topic Starter
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

not planning on taking grams I hope, this stuff is expensive enough! how'd that guy pull it off anyway? :) just mentioned the guy taking 3000g or so to help myself feel better about not "OD"ing on this stuff! I think using the scoop should at least give me fairly constant doses, if not exactly 12.5 mg. Probably if it's over I'm taking at most like 45mg? Not sure. Would like to have someone step in as well about any tianeptine/noots interactions that could be synergistic.

I know it's too soon to tell but I had a bad stress attack and some severe rumination issues this morning over something REALLY stupid. trying to get my mind off of things. this may be because I skipped propanolol for a day but I'm kind of surprised that the tianeptine isn't offering even a bit of a cushion, you know? stress just kills me physically, all my limbs just HURT. I've only taken hmm, 4 doses total, so maybe that's pushing it, it's just lame to get severe symptoms of what you're trying to stop right when you start taking something :/ would anyone be interested in me starting a new post for my experience?

haha, fluoxetine is very common among almost all pets, vets give it out like candy. he was experiencing some bad anxiety when i wasn't around and destroying things, like kind of OCD symptoms. i'm not sure if it's helped yet.

#9 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

I can say that dissolving noopept into water worked for me. Measured at 1 mg per mL. example: 500mg into 500mL of water. Then used a tablespoon scoop [15mL] and poured the water into it and dosed. Worked the exact same as measured dry doses. The noopept might take a while to dissolve though, maybe a few hours, but then it's good to go for a while [im not sure how long but i refridgerated it]. Shake up for good measure, I guess. Not sure how long it lasts.

#10 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

Tianeptine dissolves well in water...
Stability is unknown however... keep refrigerated.
There is a thread about this at mind and muscle forum.

#11 brainslugged

• 305 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:30 AM

I would imagine that dissolving it and measuring it out like that would be the most efficient method.

If you have ever seen people make pills, you may be able to do something similar, but not actually form the pill. Just measure out another supplement or sugar and use it to cut it. You would have to do some calculations with mass to know the proportions, though, a bit more troublesome than liquid and may not mix as evenly, but I would imagine it would keep better. You could probably, if you got the proportions right, mix it in with piracetam and cap the mixture so that each cap has the right amount.

On a side note: WTF YOUR DOG TAKES PROZAC?

I had a teacher in high school who was extremely neurotic and started giving her dog Xanax because it was too hyperactive and made her nervous. I always thought there was a lot of irony in that (and I always wondered if I should envy the dog or feel bad for it).

#12 Sir Chugalot

• 31 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

One good option to reduce error is to dissolve a known large amount of substance in a liquid, e.g. water, vodka, oil (depending on what it mixes with). Then you can measure out the liquid.

For example, it's easier to measure out 100 mg of Noopept than to measure out 10mg. If you take 100mg of Noopept and add water to make 100 mL of solution, every 10 mL of solution will contain 10mg of Noopept.

This is exactly what i do with my Noopept, one advantage is the more you measure out then dilute accordingly the more likely it is you'll get around issues of clumps distorting the dosage you want to take.

I've always had difficulty dissolving Noopept in water alone with a few stubborn clumps remaining, so as i had some spare propolyne glycol hanging around i added a small amount of that to the solution gave it a shake problem solved.

My method is to empty a 500ml coke bottle, add 3ml of PG using a dropper, add a tiny amount of water then drop in 200 mg of Noopept. I shake this until I'm happy the powder has dissolved, once this has done I top up the rest of the bottle. A dosage becomes 25ml = 10mg , I just add this to fruit juice using a standard measuring jug.

I should probably research PG more, however i know despite a few scare stories it's used in food and is generally recognised as safe.

<edit>

It states here

http://www.eoearth.o...ropylene_Glycol

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has classified propylene glycol as "generally recognized as safe," which means that it is acceptable for use in flavorings, drugs, and cosmetics, and as a direct food additive. According to the World Health Organization, the acceptable dietary intake of propylene glycol is 25 mg of propylene glycol for every kilogram (kg) of body weight.

So each dose under my current regime delivers 150 mg of PG, So I'm probably not killing myself, woohoo!

Edited by Sir Chugalot, 09 February 2013 - 10:17 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#13 fairy

• 143 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:47 PM

Bumping this old thread because I have the same problem.

I have ordered some Noopept in powder form. I want to administer it sublingually at ~1 mg dose during the day hoping to get the benefits of the oral administration without *wasting* too much powder and avoiding side effects of higher doses (this post and others).

At the moment I'm taking the picture in #2 as reference. I don't care about being precise as long as the dose is sufficiently small; mainly to avoid short term memory loss. I'm already forgetful and lost in my thought at times so I want to avoid worsening it.

What is not clear from the pictures is whether the powder is flattened (which seems the case) or if there's some height exceeding the penny's thickness. I'd buy a scale but I'm not really sure about how to handle such small dosage with a cheap one.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: powder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users