- - - - -

Multiple pill regimen versus a standard multi

vitamin supplements regimin multi antioxidants

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AlxM

• 45 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:09 AM

I notice a lot of members here who take supplements seem to prefer to take individual vitamin and mineral supplements versus a traditional multi. Is this because they feel that multivitamin's don't have sufficient dosages?

After trying a standard multi for a while, I'm thinking of moving to a multi-pill regimen. Can you all provide some input on what you think a suitable regimin would be for a mid-thirty male? I would like to find a core regimin that covers not only vitamins and minerals, but also antioxidants.

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:45 AM

I don't think inadequate dosage is usually a problem. If anything, the most common problem with multis is overdosing. Another problem with multis is the use of poor forms of ingredients, like synthetic "folate" which is actually a different molecule than natural folic acid, and doesn't behave identically in the body. A lot of people who supplement individually run their diet through Cron-o-meter (a free nutritional analysis tool) for a week or two, then supplement accordingly. If your diet is decent, you probably will not need very much supplementation. I'm not too crazy about conventional antioxidants. The only thing I use for antioxidation is C60-olive oil.

sponsored ad

• Advert

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vitamin, supplements, regimin, multi, antioxidants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users