* * * * - 11 votes

Sunifiram?

sunifiram

• Please log in to reply
1565 replies to this topic

#1531 nootropicsandsarms

• 43 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

we manufrature sunifiram and key intermediate,but only raw material powder form.
if somebody buy more than 50g,could contact directly : sales@acrosebio.com
  • dislike x 2
  • like x 1

#1532 brucebanner

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:18 PM

Does anyone know how to make a sublingual solution of this?

I've got a gram left and I am not interested, and I am sure most of you as well, in letting the powder dissolve under the tongue.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1533 redFishBlueFish

• 186 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:44 AM

Everything, after longer use tolerance can be so high so it can stop work, i dont feel anything after 1month of using.

(bigger doses 25mg make me angry. very angry, and more sensetive on everything)

Except from other effects in cognition, could you say someone could use sunifiram as a "party nootropic"? Anyone had sex on it? How difficult is to sleep some time after an effective dose?

No problem whith sex i get it everyday, libido i higher i think.

Zongler007,

If you don't mind sharing, how much do you weigh? I am trying to measure how much I need to take based on this.

Under certain conditions, such as in the historical presence of other strong agents affecting NMDAr, sunifiram is potentially excitotoxic and quite chronically neuroinflammatory, the symptoms of which are very widespread and disruptive. Chronic PKC-a activation by sunifiram may also raise your odds for a cancerous brain tumor. 

We are speaking of sunifiram and something else fighting for dominance? Could you give an example?  Please dive into sentence one and two further.

Edited by redFishBlueFish, 03 August 2014 - 11:51 AM.

#1534 noots6494

• 15 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:23 PM

I've been taking this for a few days after having read a lot about this and other racetams. I'm taking it with magnesium as I've seen suggested and I feel great after taking with a nice, subtle boost to my ability to focus and my libido. However, I've noticed after about 3 or 4 hours I get a pretty bad crash similar to what I get with caffeine without l-theanine. Is this normal or is there something else I need to take to stop it from happening?

#1535 redFishBlueFish

• 186 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:02 AM

Noots,

How much are you taking? Are you taking it multiple times a day? Give stack info.

#1536 noots6494

• 15 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:15 AM

Taking 5mg twice a day with 1 or 2 pills of magnesium l-threonate. Only other thing I'm stacking is a choline supplement.

#1537 redFishBlueFish

• 186 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:42 AM

You take it twice a day, if you know your going to crash in 4, take the second. Or are you doing this already?

#1538 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts
  • Location:From Hartford (Just 1/1/2014) Moved too Boston (jamica Plains)

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:09 AM

When I used sunifiram heavily 25mg Qid
I never noticed a crash ,
I also at the beginning of my trials had some negative acute physical effects
I mediated this with Gabapentin (2x300 mg daily on suni, it's of note the usual negative cognitive effects of gabapentin were not apparent )
Had propranolol on hand , and was utilizing various forms of magnesium , lithium orotate (before bed ) , and l-theanine
Too prevent excessive glutamate and calcium channel activity
  • unsure x 1
  • like x 1

#1539 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts
  • Location:From Hartford (Just 1/1/2014) Moved too Boston (jamica Plains)

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:11 AM

It worked brilliantly strongest Nootropic I've ever experienced just needed glutamate / excitation antagonism too reap the effects of the suni and get a positive outcome ( like I said it remains one of the most memorable substances of any kind that I've ever tried )

#1540 redFishBlueFish

• 186 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:57 AM

When I used sunifiram heavily 25mg Qid
I never noticed a crash ,
I also at the beginning of my trials had some negative acute physical effects
I mediated this with Gabapentin (2x300 mg daily on suni, it's of note the usual negative cognitive effects of gabapentin were not apparent )
Had propranolol on hand , and was utilizing various forms of magnesium , lithium orotate (before bed ) , and l-theanine
Too prevent excessive glutamate and calcium channel activity

How would you even know this kind of information? I am not questing you in the negative sense, but the curious sense. Looks like i'll be adding lithium orotate to my stack. Why the beta blocker?

#1541 lcninja

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:42 PM

I'd think twice before recommending Ritalin, a controlled dopaminergic with abuse potential and a risk to cardiovascular health. I'll stick with my sunifiram, thank you, which stacks excellently with noopept and a good quality choline source such as CDP. On a single microdose of 2 or 3 mg, stacked with 5mg noopept, I get all the stereotypical racetam effects, noticeable for up to 48 hours, without any crash. The only problem is that I can't take this every day -- twice or three times a week at most, or else it builds up (or depletes neurotransmitters) like all the other racetams and becomes unpleasant. Sunifiram does not produce physical stimulation, does not stop me sleeping, but gives me clarity of mind, an uncanny ability to help me work out the solution to logical problems, and stamina. It's also non-addictive physically and unlike Ritalin, is easy to stop taking if you build up tolerance to its effects.

i could not say it any better than this.  sunifiram is the only nootropic and/or supplement that i can feel any effects from and that describes it perfectly.  an immediate increase in creativity and "problem solving" ability. 

i noticed other people in this thread recommended taking sunifiram with an NMDA antagonist.  i do take magnesium and i was already taking memantine (NMDA antagonist) daily for this purpose, so i i cannot comment on takings unifiram without one.  my stack, taken a couple times per week, is phenylpiracetam, sunifiram, and alpha-gpc.   no negative effects have been encountered. 

for reference, here is a partial list of nootropics/supplements/etc that i have taken individually and in various combinations, and felt absolutely nothing from: (D)(L)-phenylalanine, sam-E, noopept, piracetam, oxiracetam, pramiracetam, aniracetam, theanine, ashgawandha, ashwagandha, bacopa, rosea rhodiola, tianeptine, centrophenoxine, st john's wort, agmatine, shilajit, huperzine A, l-tyrosine, inositol, DMAE, coluracetam, ALCAR, curcumin, semax, EGCG

i am not trying to cure or fix anything.  i just want to make (or keep) the best version of myself possible. i do still take some of the previously listed items for their purported health benefits and long history of safe use even though i don't feel any noticeable changes

#1542 deeptrance

• 267 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:34 PM

I'm popping back into the thread simply to say that I've been taking sunifiram every morning, with a typical dosage between 5 and 8 mg, for the last 6 months. I had previously reported negative side effects at higher doses, such as tiny muscle twitches and general restlessness, but haven't had any problems (that I'm aware of) with the lower dose.

As for perceived benefits, I can't say. I'm not a useful guinea pig for anything that has subtle effects, because there are too many complicating factors in my case to allow for isolating the effects of supplements and nootropics.

• Informative x 1

#1543 striker_321

• 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:38 PM

I'm popping back into the thread simply to say that I've been taking sunifiram every morning, with a typical dosage between 5 and 8 mg, for the last 6 months. I had previously reported negative side effects at higher doses, such as tiny muscle twitches and general restlessness, but haven't had any problems (that I'm aware of) with the lower dose.

As for perceived benefits, I can't say. I'm not a useful guinea pig for anything that has subtle effects, because there are too many complicating factors in my case to allow for isolating the effects of supplements and nootropics.

Interesing.  Are you willing to share what stack it has been a part of?  Have you tried Unifiram?  If so, how do they compare?

#1544 deeptrance

• 267 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:01 PM

Interesing.  Are you willing to share what stack it has been a part of?  Have you tried Unifiram?  If so, how do they compare?

I've never tried unifiram. Also, I've never really put together a stack in an organized manner. My approach, which I don't recommend, has been that I read about herbs and supplements, and when I see good evidence for effects that I'm interested in, I buy it and try it. If I experience no results but no negative effects then I stay on whatever I have until it's used up. It's not a very rational approach, but it's how I roll.

I do intensive research for potential health hazards, interactions, and dosage recommendations, and I dose conservatively because of the number of different substances I ingest. If anyone is curious what doses I take of anything, just assume I take less than or equal to the most commonly recommended dose, except for picamilon which I take at anywhere from 200 to 500 mg. And phenibut because, well, who only takes 200-300 mg a day of that? I take about a gram a day.

So here, without further ado, is what my daily supplement and herb consumption consists of:

sunifiram

noopept

PRL-8-53 (sometimes)

l-theanine

caffeine

uridine

picamilon

DHEA

ALCAR

phenibut

fucoxanthin

vinpocetine

sulbutiamine

TMG

DMAE

choline bitartrate

taurine

lysine

creatine

beta-alanine

ctirulline

agmatine

glucosamine sulphate

cal-mag-zinc

vitamins (including P-5 versions of a few B's, vit. K, mixed carotenoids, and mixed tocopherols, and 5,000 units of D)

cordyceps extract

lion's mane extract

maca

catuaba - uncaria tomentosa - muira puama homemade tincture

tongkat ali

boswellia serrata

tribulus

ginkgo

rhodiola

coleus forsholii

ashwagandha

bacopa

gotu kola

schisandra

hawthorne

jiaogulan

eleuthero

milk thistle

ginger extract

cayenne

pycnogenol

EGCG

garlic extract

saw palmetto

resveretrol

CoQ10

kelp (for iodine)

alpha lipoic acid

curcumin

bedtime supps and herbs:

tryptophan

glycine

valerian

melatonin

Drugs (all are taken at much lower doses than typically prescribed):

gabapentin (bedtime)

clonidine (as needed and usually at bedtime)

propranolol (as needed)

cabergoline (0.25 mg twice a week)

domperidone (as needed)

cyproheptadine (occasional/bedtime)

buspirone (morning only, 5 mg)

etizolam (occasional/bedtime or evening, 0.5 mg)

micro-dose 5-meo-mipt (about 1.5 mg before breakfast, acts as an antidepressant, anxiolytic, and mood stabilizer)

So, theoretically I should be dead, but my health is fantastic in spite of a lack of exercise. I do think my gut suffers because there are no bacteria that evolved to live in a GI tract that processes all this shit, so my intestinal flora are probably weirdly out of balance. And that's a non-trivial issue which is leading me to phase out many of these items after I use up my vast supplies. 

Edited by deeptrance, 12 February 2015 - 09:04 PM.

• Enjoying the show x 3
  • Well Written x 1
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#1545 striker_321

• 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:14 PM

I've never tried unifiram. Also, I've never really put together a stack in an organized manner. My approach, which I don't recommend, has been that I read about herbs and supplements, and when I see good evidence for effects that I'm interested in, I buy it and try it. If I experience no results but no negative effects then I stay on whatever I have until it's used up. It's not a very rational approach, but it's how I roll.

I do intensive research for potential health hazards, interactions, and dosage recommendations, and I dose conservatively because of the number of different substances I ingest. If anyone is curious what doses I take of anything, just assume I take less than or equal to the most commonly recommended dose, except for picamilon which I take at anywhere from 200 to 500 mg. And phenibut because, well, who only takes 200-300 mg a day of that? I take about a gram a day.

So here, without further ado, is what my daily supplement and herb consumption consists of:

sunifiram

noopept

PRL-8-53 (sometimes)

l-theanine

caffeine

uridine

picamilon

DHEA

ALCAR

phenibut

fucoxanthin

vinpocetine

sulbutiamine

TMG

DMAE

choline bitartrate

taurine

lysine

creatine

beta-alanine

ctirulline

agmatine

glucosamine sulphate

cal-mag-zinc

vitamins (including P-5 versions of a few B's, vit. K, mixed carotenoids, and mixed tocopherols, and 5,000 units of D)

cordyceps extract

lion's mane extract

maca

tongkat ali

boswellia serrata

tribulus

ginkgo

rhodiola

coleus forsholii

ashwagandha

bacopa

gotu kola

schisandra

hawthorne

jiaogulan

eleuthero

milk thistle

ginger extract

cayenne

pycnogenol

EGCG

garlic extract

saw palmetto

resveretrol

CoQ10

kelp (for iodine)

alpha lipoic acid

curcumin

bedtime supps and herbs:

tryptophan

glycine

valerian

melatonin

gabapentin (bedtime)

propranolol (as needed)

domperidone (as needed)

micro-dose 5-meo-mipt (about 1.5 mg before breakfast, acts as an antidepressant, anxiolytic, and mood stabilizer)

So, theoretically I should be dead, but my health is fantastic in spite of a lack of exercise. I do think my gut suffers because there are no bacteria that evolved to live in a GI tract that processes all this shit, so my intestinal flora are probably weirdly out of balance. And that's a non-trivial issue which is leading me to phase out many of these items after I use up my vast supplies. 

That is a pretty incredible list.  Have you had a blood panel done to make sure it is not wreacking havoc on your liver/kidneys?

#1546 deeptrance

• 267 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:26 PM

That is a pretty incredible list.  Have you had a blood panel done to make sure it is not wreacking havoc on your liver/kidneys?

I'm overdue for another check. Last time was about 18 months ago, and everything was fine then but I need to make sure it's still good. One thing I have to assume is that there is a certain amount of impurities in most supplements, which may be safe when only taking a few of them but could be more of a problem if I'm getting trace toxins from multiple sources.

#1547 striker_321

• 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:51 AM

I'm overdue for another check. Last time was about 18 months ago, and everything was fine then but I need to make sure it's still good. One thing I have to assume is that there is a certain amount of impurities in most supplements, which may be safe when only taking a few of them but could be more of a problem if I'm getting trace toxins from multiple sources.

Yeah, a heavy metal toxicty test would be good too.  I started taking a large stack (very small compared to yours!) a little over a month and a half ago, and my panel came back good.  I am very interested in your results, be sure to let me know how that progresses.

#1548 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:42 AM

I just discovered suni and it is amazing. 

Does anyone know why it is being taken off the market?

#1549 playground

• 454 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:38 AM

I just discovered suni and it is amazing. 

Does anyone know why it is being taken off the market?

Hi Mikey,

Amazing in what way ? 

What do you like about it ?

How much did you take ?

How long have you been taking it ?

Playground.

#1550 thereisway

• 21 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:08 PM

waiting for my sunifiram... I want to really go safe on the dosages .ie abt 1mg-2mg dosed abt 3times over a 6 hr study intensive period.

Lets say 2mg -1st dose

2mg -second 

1mg third and final for 5mg total day intake

Also will experiment with staking 10mg coluracetam with suni dosed twice for the anxiolytic effect.

#1551 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:40 PM

A biochemist friend said something that was interesting about suni. "You can't hypnotize someone on suni."

It greatly improves the ability to apply logic to difficult problems, like nothing I've ever taken, and fasoracetam has a study that shows it reverses "learned helpless in rats, so when I first started taking faso, I noticed that I was able to think my way around problems and difficult people and make things happen.

Suni is pleasantly - or maybe more accurate is the description "causing a confident "just right" euphoria.

Confidence based on logic, superior memory improvement.

It has a rather short lifespan, which is good and not-so-good, because of the need to redose, but then it doesn't hang around too long.

I could go on. But it is easily the best nootropic that I've tried. There is a hint of the movie, "Limitless." 

Next I will try adding unifiram to it, as I've read together the effect is truly fantastic.

Grab it fast if you can - only New Star Nootropics has any left.

We have to wonder why it is being removed from the market 

One potential reason is that it works so well that it might destroy the sales of Alheimer's drugs, as well as help millions of people who have age-related memory loss.

Or is it being removed, only to re-appear as an FDA-approved treatment for Alzheimer's. 

Note: Suni is supposed to work better with NMDA antagonists, such as memantine, an Alzheimer's drug, which has also been shown to be a safe anti-aging drug.

• Needs references x 1

#1552 playground

• 454 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:30 PM

We have to wonder why it is being removed from the market 

Which 'market' ?

Where is the evidence that Suni is being removed ?

#1553 Geoffrey

• 218 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:21 AM

I found the following ( https://smartdrugsfo...with-sunifiram/ ):

*Update: Sunifiram is now an obsolete nootropic that has been deemed unsafe for human consumption, reportedly over 95% of the worlds product of Sunifiram has been seized by drug enforcement agencies….

I've got no idea if this is true, and if it has been "deemed unsafe", surely we'd know about it. I think this site might be referring to the UK government seizure of the supplies of one nootropic retailer in the British Midlands, which included a lot of sunifiram, but also a lot of other nootropics regularly discussed (and consumed) here. Does anyone have further info?

#1554 playground

• 454 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:17 PM

*Update: Sunifiram is now an obsolete nootropic that has been deemed unsafe for human consumption, reportedly over 95% of the worlds product of Sunifiram has been seized by drug enforcement agencies….

I've got no idea if this is true, and if it has been "deemed unsafe", surely we'd know about it. I think this site might be referring to the UK government seizure of the supplies of one nootropic retailer in the British Midlands, which included a lot of sunifiram, but also a lot of other nootropics regularly discussed (and consumed) here. Does anyone have further info?

It's almost certainly marketing lies.

When i went looking for suppliers of Sunifiram, i found several in USA and several in Europe.

There was no evidence of a 'ban'... and no mention of regulatory or legal changes on the

supplier's websites.

There is no shortage of  accounts on longecity that have been created for the purposes

of spreading 'rosey-glow' reports of some drug X.  

There have been several accounts, and several posts shilling sunifiram like mad recently.

I've read a few threads that have implied that sunifiram is basically just like the drug in

the film 'Limitless'.      Let me tell you now... honestly... it's not. 

The comparison with limitless is sheer bullsh!t.

I suspect that the 'Sunifiram has been banned' story

... is essentially a variation of:  "Hurry while stocks last".

There's very little difference between a scammer and a marketing troll.

playground

• Good Point x 1

#1555 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:12 PM

It is the most risky of all the racetams and derivatives of piracetam so far because of its glutamatergic activity, and because its lack of study of safety in humans is greater than most other nootropics.   There is no good reason to try it before others.

If this is true and sunifiram will no longer be available for easy purchase, I will be happy.

To everyone:

BEWARE WHERE YOU GET YOUR INFORMATION FROM.

http://peaknootropic...fety-ampakines/

Glutamate excitotoxicity happens when a higher than normal level of glutamate enters the cell. This high level of glutamate buildup in the cell causes calcium ions to be released inside. When these calcium ions are released, they cause the activation of enzymes which in turn damage the cell.

Bullshit.  This is all kinds of ass backward.  Excitotoxicity is about the presence of extracellular glutamate (in a lot of cases this would be after a decrease in cell energy and increase in intracellular calcium, which can trigger the release of glutamate), which causes more calcium ions to enter cells -- the calcium is what overexcites the cells.  This can also cause the cell to release more glutmate.  

At NO point during the cascade does it involve glutamate entering cells or being "too high" in the cell.

There are several common ways excitoxicity can happen. Glutamate itself in high doses can become an excitotoxin. Glutamic acid is related to glutamate and is common in the form of monosodium glutamate (MSG). MSG is the nasty and common food additive used to enhance taste and induce a feeling of “fullness”. MSG is excitotoxic in high doses.[/size]

Lol.

http://elitenootropi...firam-unifiram/

This is nearly identical to the previous article I posted

Glutamate excitotoxicity results from an excess of glutamate in the body cells. As glutamate builds up in the cell, calcium ions are released. This in turn leads to the activation of enzymes, thereby damaging the cell.

http://www.nootropic...e-for-human-use

Repeat:

Before answering the aforementioned question, we have to describe what excitotoxicity is. First, glutamate excitotoxity occurs due to excessive amounts of glutamate in the cells. As glutamate accumulates in the cells, calcium ions are being produced leading to enzyme activation. This activation of enzymes ultimately damages the cells.

It is also important to note that excitotoxicity is caused by several factors. For instance, glutamate can become an excitotoxin itself. Glutamic compounds s linked to glutamate and is commonly available as MSG or monosodium glutamate. MSG is an unhealthy food additive that has been used to enhance palatability of foods whilst promote a sensation of being full. MSG becomes an excitotoxin when ingested in excessive doses.

Also,

http://www.biomindha...ents/sunifiram/

Taking sunifiram is safe and non-toxic and using recommended dosages has low side effects. This is based on the extensive research and clinical tests conducted. 
Experiencing headaches is a sign of low acetylcholine and therefore one needs to stack a choline supplement with sunifiram.  In case the side effects worsen, one should discontinue the use. 

Extensive?  lol

Headaches with sunifiram are likeliest caused by glutamatergic activity before any involvement with ACh, if ACh at all since this is more bullshit about needing choline with racetams and their derivatives.  These myths (lies? whatever you want to call it) are harmful because if people taking sunifiram get headaches, they will take choline instead of backing off the sunifiram.  They could easily hurt themselves further before they finally give it up.

Then there is this:

https://nootropicsci...ened-sunifiram/

This is full of sarcasm and irony.  It is making light of the worries over sunifiram.  But it also leaves out the worst commonly reported adverse effect which is migraine-like headache (which is caused by sunifiram's glutamatergic activation, not ACh.  A "choline headache" will be a tension-type headache which has a different presentation than migraine).  Also reported is persistent headache after sunifiram is stopped.
The choline myth is very pervasive.  Reports that sunifiram is about as safe as the other noots tend to take this myth into account, associating headache reports with harmless low choline, not associating the headaches with sunifiram itself. 

Even this shitty site admits the connection between sunifiram and headache:

http://peaknootropic...shop/sunifiram/

Additionally, scientific research on animal test subjects have yielded a minimal amount of side effects in relation to Sunifiram’s usage, and it has been theorized that the side effects that do exist relate to pain that is consistent with headaches.

There is something else people need to know.  That one study that is cited everywhere about sunifiram safety; the megadosing of test subjects for the purpose of gauging toxicity is about looking for the real biggies like damaging liver, damaging kidneys, blood pressure, stroke, heart attack, heart failure, respiratory failure, internal bleeding, seizure, etc.  Lethal or physically crippling shit.  Nonlethal, nondebilitating and therefore relatively minor side effects fly under the radar all the time, these kinds of things often need their own studies and are usually only funded after a suspicious amount of reports are made linked to a substance.  Like mild neurotoxicity accumulating damage over time.

This is by no means an exhaustive list.  

The point at which glutamatergic activity begins to be overstimulating varies in each individual, one day to the next, and at different times in the course of one day.  There are a large host of factors involved; a brief list would be mitochondrial energy production, energy transport, sleep hygiene, dopamine activity (too low), GABA activity (too low), serotonin activity (too low or too high), taurine (too low; goes back to cell energy), creatine (too low; cell energy), histamine activity, dehydration (cell energy), calcium level, magnesium level, potassium level (all electrolytes, electrolyte balance going back to cell energy), B vitamin inadequacy or imbalance, foods or other things consumed relatively high in aspartic acid, glutamic acid, glutamine (example: high protein meal) or aspartate, aspartame, other stimulants consumed including nicotine, caffeine, stress, you get the picture I hope.

Edited by Duchykins, 10 July 2015 - 04:53 PM.

• Informative x 3

#1556 deeptrance

• 267 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:41 PM

To everyone:

BEWARE WHERE YOU GET YOUR INFORMATION FROM.

...<snip>...

The point at which glutamatergic activity begins to be overstimulating varies in each individual, one day to the next, and at different times in the course of one day.  There are a large host of factors involved; a brief list would be mitochondrial energy production, energy transport, sleep hygiene, dopamine activity (too low), GABA activity (too low), serotonin activity (too low or too high), taurine (too low; goes back to cell energy), creatine (too low; cell energy), histamine activity, dehydration (cell energy), calcium level, magnesium level, potassium level (all electrolytes, electrolyte balance going back to cell energy), B vitamin inadequacy or imbalance, foods or other things consumed relatively high in aspartic acid, glutamic acid, glutamine (example: high protein meal) or aspartate, aspartame, other stimulants consumed including nicotine, caffeine, stress, you get the picture I hope.

Thank you for a most excellent and useful post. I appreciate your thorough research to document the copy-and-paste approach that is utilized for purposes of spreading hype about supplements (as well as politics, rumors, conspiracy theories, and sooo much more.)

As to the glutamate sensitivity issue, I've experienced notable unpleasant side effects from almost every glutamatergic substance I've ever taken, including excess amounts of nutritional yeast (high "free glutamic acid" content.) I couldn't handle fasoracetam at all, it was very unpleasant for me so I gave it away to three other members of this forum who were eager to give it a try. With sunifiram, I've experienced positive and negative effects and haven't been able to figure out the what/when/why of that, but now that you explain the other factors involved in glutamate stimulation it makes sense that there'd be some unpredictability, especially given my use of many other substances. It definitely causes problems for me when combined with stimulants of any sort.

I'd like to think that I've learned my lesson and that I'll avoid experimenting with this type of nootropic in the future, and hopefully we can all learn not to fall for marketing bullshit. Every time we make a purchase based on reading a trumped-up description of product benefits, we encourage the marketers to turn up the volume on their misleading claims.

• like x 1

#1557 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:06 AM

Thank you for a most excellent and useful post. I appreciate your thorough research to document the copy-and-paste approach that is utilized for purposes of spreading hype about supplements (as well as politics, rumors, conspiracy theories, and sooo much more.)

As to the glutamate sensitivity issue, I've experienced notable unpleasant side effects from almost every glutamatergic substance I've ever taken, including excess amounts of nutritional yeast (high "free glutamic acid" content.) I couldn't handle fasoracetam at all, it was very unpleasant for me so I gave it away to three other members of this forum who were eager to give it a try. With sunifiram, I've experienced positive and negative effects and haven't been able to figure out the what/when/why of that, but now that you explain the other factors involved in glutamate stimulation it makes sense that there'd be some unpredictability, especially given my use of many other substances. It definitely causes problems for me when combined with stimulants of any sort.

I'd like to think that I've learned my lesson and that I'll avoid experimenting with this type of nootropic in the future, and hopefully we can all learn not to fall for marketing bullshit. Every time we make a purchase based on reading a trumped-up description of product benefits, we encourage the marketers to turn up the volume on their misleading claims.

Me too, brother, me too.  :)

#1558 Saffron

• 114 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:44 PM

Ive never taken more than 12 mg of this material ; This has a low therapeutic index.

#1559 presently

• 13 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:01 AM

Just finished reading the whole thread!  Very thankful to have so much experience to draw upon, both positive and negative.  Apologies to anyone who doesn't like to see threads resurrected, but how could I resist an opportunity to be part of THE sunifiram thread?

I had Liftmode sunifiram sitting on the shelf for years before my curiosity overcame my fear.  LM doesn't sell it anymore, and it definitely makes better sense at their more adventurous site, NewMind.  I've tried sunifiram twice now, three days apart. In order to keep things working as close as possible to the first time, I space dosages apart by days and take different newts in between.

Based on the preponderance of cautionary tales here, I tried 1/3 microscoop of sunifiram for my first taste, at 9 am.  I have a milligram scale, but rarely use it because most noots are pretty weak.  I will definitely get around to weighing sunifiram, though, because it's too strong to be guessing on.  Luckily 1/3 microscoop was a good guess, and I had a great day, productive and motivated, with unwavering focus, drive and childlike joy.  My average day is already good, but this was a special kind of good.  Things felt right, like I was living in a yacht rock song.

Since everything turned out so positively, completely without noticeable downsides, I decided to try sunifiram again three days later, this time 2/3 microscoop at 7am.  I had a feeling it might be too much, but wanted to know at what dosage "too much" begins for me and what it's like.  The second try was showing promise early on, but by midday my focus started to become relentless and uncomfortable.  I gradually became aware of a persistent headache in the center of my head.  I rarely get headaches.  I got to sleep easily that night, but popped up wide awake at 2am, slightly anxious, head buzzing with complex conceptual frameworks and a noticeably worse headache.  An 1/8 tsp of Now sunflower lecithin got me right back to sleep (and launched me into two long lucid dreaming sessions, very fun) so choline must have been lacking.  I'm generally very sensitive to choline, and get depressed from even small amounts of lecithin, so I take as little as possible.  I believe the additional focus provided by sunifiram allowed me to keep myself aware that I was dreaming more easily than usual.

I didn't take anything for my headache for a while because I wanted to be sure I remembered it.  It stuck around for over 24 hours without getting much better or worse, at which point I took two 200mg ibuprofens.  The headache was almost completely gone within 20 minutes.  That was a couple of days ago, and I've been aware of a barely noticeable headache coming and going, but haven't felt the need for more ibuprofen.  The headache feels like mild overexertion from not being able to take my eye off the ball.  Being alert and focused is fine, but being a little too alert three days after my last dose of sunifiram is telling me to be careful with this stuff, which will probably involve spacing dosages further apart, weighing carefully and trying dosages less than half of my first dose.

Hope you've enjoyed my cool story, bro and sis.  Stay safe and sane, me buckos!

Edited by presently, 22 February 2016 - 01:28 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1560 Saffron

• 114 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 09:06 PM

sunifiram

noopept

PRL-8-53 (sometimes)

l-theanine

caffeine

uridine

picamilon

DHEA

ALCAR

phenibut

fucoxanthin

vinpocetine

sulbutiamine

TMG

DMAE

choline bitartrate

taurine

lysine

creatine

beta-alanine

ctirulline

agmatine

glucosamine sulphate

cal-mag-zinc

cordyceps extract

lion's mane extract

maca

tongkat ali

boswellia serrata

tribulus

ginkgo

rhodiola

coleus forsholii

ashwagandha

bacopa

gotu kola

schisandra

hawthorne

jiaogulan

eleuthero

milk thistle

ginger extract

cayenne

pycnogenol

EGCG

garlic extract

saw palmetto

resveretrol

CoQ10

kelp (for iodine)

alpha lipoic acid

curcumin

bedtime supps and herbs:

tryptophan

glycine

valerian

melatonin

gabapentin (bedtime)

propranolol (as needed)

domperidone (as needed)

A lot of those are placebos you can dump and consolidate to things worth taking. Valerian, Hawthorn, Bacopa, Gota kola, eleuthro, and over half the list are placebos, or negligible stuff. And then as another separate category, Some of the stuff on your list are inactive placebos mentally, but still has significant physical health benefits, like Taurine & Glycine.

Edited by Saffron, 15 March 2016 - 09:09 PM.

• Ill informed x 2
  • dislike x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sunifiram

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users