opinion on gmo

gmo

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#181 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:07 AM

Addressing the issue of horizontal gene transfer from a diet containing genetically modified components into rat tissues

Scientists have raised concern over the hazards associated with the consumption of genetically modified organisms (GMOs).

No, they didn't.

One of these hazards, which have great controversy reports, is the possible horizontal gene transfer from GM-food or feed to human or animal tissues.

Yeah, and if you drink orange juice, you grow leaves and roots... OH, WAIT!... YOU DON'T!

Maybe because DNA is quickly destroyed in the estomach? Maybe because you need a virus (and a very specific one) to insert DNA in a human cell? Maybe because if that were true then the same would be true for all DNA we eat?

http://img3.wikia.no...Genius_meme.jpg

Edited by Antonio2014, 05 January 2015 - 08:10 AM.

#182 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:33 PM

Addressing the issue of horizontal gene transfer from a diet containing genetically modified components into rat tissues

Scientists have raised concern over the hazards associated with the consumption of genetically modified organisms (GMOs).

No, they didn't.

One of these hazards, which have great controversy reports, is the possible horizontal gene transfer from GM-food or feed to human or animal tissues.

Yeah, and if you drink orange juice, you grow leaves and roots... OH, WAIT!... YOU DON'T!

Maybe because DNA is quickly destroyed in the estomach? Maybe because you need a virus (and a very specific one) to insert DNA in a human cell? Maybe because if that were true then the same would be true for all DNA we eat?

http://img3.wikia.no...Genius_meme.jpg

If a virus is used to modify the DNA in every cell in a plant; where TF would the virus be?
Having modified said DNA does the virus die?  What happens to it?

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#183 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:02 PM

If a virus is used to modify the DNA in every cell in a plant; where TF would the virus be?
Having modified said DNA does the virus die?  What happens to it?

Where TF does the text says that a virus was used? Even more, where TF does it says that a human virus was used? Even even more, where TF does it says that a human virus that resists gastric acids was used?

How many geniuses here...

Edited by Antonio2014, 05 January 2015 - 11:06 PM.

• Enjoying the show x 1

#184 evolvedhuman2012

• Topic Starter
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:59 AM

i probably should've said this before.  but gmo debate at longecity seems a lost cause.  why? seem there's perversion at this place, may well extend to the moderators and higher-ups here.  the biotech industry/monsanto may 've their clout over this place.

i suggest gmo opponents to take their opposition speech elsewhere instead....

whole food chains already announced to have turn their back on monsanto...time will tell how monsanto will fare.... poll shown 80% folks refused gmos, so the big picture is does it matter what users at longecity say?

forget longecity and move on....

gmo proponents may argue gmo's doing world a favor by getting rid of "useless eaters", is that an extreme and appropiate attitude?

Edited by evolvedhuman2012, 07 January 2015 - 07:06 AM.

• Good Point x 1

#185 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:58 AM

Oh, shit, I should not have accepted that Ferrari from Monsanto and use it in the neighbourghood. Now you discovered me. What should I do now?

Edited by Antonio2014, 07 January 2015 - 08:08 AM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • dislike x 1

#186 hermetic

• 9 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:22 AM

This thread has made me laugh out loud, especially on a forum such as longecity.

Can somebody firstly please validate any long term controlled trials into the safety (and efficacy) of GMOs.

The answer are, there arent any.

The majority of us on this forum wouldn't consume certain supplements without firstly having read some sort of scientific data on the supplement in question. Only then would we be able to ascertain whether the supplement would be viable to take or not. The same is said for certain supplements that have a dubious track record in safety.

All these decisions can only be based upon science. At this present moment in time, there is no long term evidence to suggest GMOs are safe, just as there isn't any long term to suggest they are unsafe.

I think the majority of people are just concerned about partaking in a worldwide experiment, mostly without their consent. It is unacceptable.

Unless science can prove safety or disprove unsafety, then I'd rather not consume any GMO's.
  • Good Point x 1

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#187 hermetic

• 9 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:24 AM

Prove its LONG TERM safety.

#188 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:31 AM

Probe the long term safety of the ketchup you eated this week.

#189 zeropoint

• 92 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:35 PM

i probably should've said this before.  but gmo debate at longecity seems a lost cause.  why? seem there's perversion at this place, may well extend to the moderators and higher-ups here.  the biotech industry/monsanto may 've their clout over this place.

i suggest gmo opponents to take their opposition speech elsewhere instead....

whole food chains already announced to have turn their back on monsanto...time will tell how monsanto will fare.... poll shown 80% folks refused gmos, so the big picture is does it matter what users at longecity say?

forget longecity and move on....

gmo proponents may argue gmo's doing world a favor by getting rid of "useless eaters", is that an extreme and appropiate attitude?

Why so much gloom?

People need to be educated about gmo....need to be made aware of this,no?

When "they" resisted disclosure(labeling) of gmo food, this in itself made me more suspicious of the safety of their product. This thread has opened my eyes to a very important issue. .

Edited by zeropoint, 25 February 2015 - 06:37 PM.

#190 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:43 AM

Aware of what? What non sense are you talking about?

• Unfriendly x 1

#191 zeropoint

• 92 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:39 PM

Aware of the fact that we are all being made into lab rats without our consent and knowledge.....

please see the youtube free movie "Seeds of Death"

• Good Point x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • dislike x 1

#192 proileri

• 80 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:46 PM

..especially considering tomato and potato both naturally contain genes for a pesticide called solanine  :ph34r:

Solanine poisoning is primarily displayed by gastrointestinal and neurological disorders. Symptoms include nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, stomach cramps, burning of the throat, cardiac dysrhythmianightmare, headache and dizziness. In more severe cases, hallucinations, loss of sensation, paralysisfeverjaundicedilated pupils,hypothermia and death have been reported.

And this is what McD wants to sell us with every meal!?!? They even suggest dipping your toxic potato into toxic ketchup?!  :|o

As a biologist, I don't mind eating GM products. Although I do want to keep them thoroughly tested, just like I want my pharmaceuticals and supplements.

Edited by proileri, 26 February 2015 - 09:51 PM.

#193 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:29 AM

Aware of the fact that we are all being made into lab rats without our consent and knowledge.....

please see the youtube free movie "Seeds of Death"

I don't have time to see that. Please spell out your conspirancy here.

#194 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:33 AM

..especially considering tomato and potato both naturally contain genes for a pesticide called solanine  :ph34r:

Solanine poisoning is primarily displayed by gastrointestinal and neurological disorders. Symptoms include nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, stomach cramps, burning of the throat, cardiac dysrhythmianightmare, headache and dizziness. In more severe cases, hallucinations, loss of sensation, paralysisfeverjaundicedilated pupils,hypothermia and death have been reported.

And this is what McD wants to sell us with every meal!?!? They even suggest dipping your toxic potato into toxic ketchup?!  :|o

As a biologist, I don't mind eating GM products. Although I do want to keep them thoroughly tested, just like I want my pharmaceuticals and supplements.

MMmm I thought the first part was just intelligent sarcasm... but the second part makes me wonder if it isn't... Are you serious with the second part?

#195 proileri

• 80 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:14 PM

MMmm I thought the first part was just intelligent sarcasm... but the second part makes me wonder if it isn't... Are you serious with the second part?

I'm ok with any GM products that are approved safe by authorities. And yes I eat potatoes and ketchup  :laugh:  

Edited by proileri, 27 February 2015 - 04:16 PM.

#196 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:35 AM

Ah, ok  :)  Anyway, all GMO are approved safe before going to market. They pass harder controls than non-GMO (only for political reasons, of course).

Edited by Antonio2014, 01 March 2015 - 07:36 AM.

#197 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:07 AM

Doctors Confirm First Human Death Officially Caused By GMOs?

https://groups.googl...ion/zmY7220AkaM

• Cheerful x 1

#198 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:33 AM

XDDDD It seems that that bullshit is getting viral. I saw it last week in another forum XDDDD Let's analyze a small part of this mountain of excrement:

They were astonished when they discovered that the tomato he had ingested, not only contained some fish-related allergens, but also some antibiotic resistant genes which had prevented Mr. Ramos’ white blood cell from saving his life.

WTF?? Do white blood cells produce antibiotics?? XDDDD And why on hell a tomato needs resistance to something that kills bacteria?? A tomato is a bacteria?? XDDDDD How on hell can a gene go from the stomach to the blood?? XDDDD Even more, how can a gene produce allergy?? XDDD

The Spanish ministry of Health, Social Services and Equality ordered for the tomatoes of Portugese origin which infected the young man, to be recalled and removed from stores and markets for safety reasons. More than 7000 tons of tomatoes will therefore be ceased across the country by ministry inspectors and public safety officials.

XDDDDDDDD The only GMO crop cultivated in the EU approved for human consumption is the MON810 maize.

Let's see another breaking news from that site:

Stephen Hawking Admits Intelligent Design is 'Highly Probable'

Canada: Man Suffers Heart Attack, is Eaten Alive by Swarm of Pigeons

XDDDDDD

Edited by Antonio2014, 09 March 2015 - 08:04 AM.

• dislike x 1

#199 zeropoint

• 92 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:15 PM

If you Antonio like gmo food ,I'd be glad to set aside some acres just for you...we need people like you so dedicated to science--too prove how harmful or harmless gmo is. Just eat gmo exclusively for a good amount of years or until able to(who knows?)...you would be invaluble to us scientists....we would so much appreciate it..Just think about it.

#200 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:10 AM

You are late, zeropoint, the FDA and the EFSA already do that. But, anyway, if you want to give me some acres, I will be glad to accept them and create a gmo company. Just tell your Greenpeace friends not to destroy my crops.

#201 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:36 PM

Biological impact of feeding rats with a genetically modified-based diet

http://journals.tubi...biy-1406-61.pdf

#202 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:31 AM

Do you really think that a paper that cites Séralini can be worth reading?

#203 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:04 PM

Yep!   :)

All the more so.

All studies on BHT were showing positive results against the virii one cannot inoculate against until the big money got involved, then 'Cancer!!"

When you look at the study you find that a ridiculous chronic dose was reqd to get the 'desired' result.

When promising studies come out on a substance and are then followed by the old favorite ' It causes cancer' (or something), there is inevitably a lot of 'influence' behind the study.

As (financial) success has no conscience; I just disregard anything paid for by 'Big Money'

But keep arguing. I'm sure the majority will fall for it.

:)

Edited by Logic, 14 March 2015 - 03:15 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#204 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:52 AM

All the more so.

Great, you cite papers that were retracted from their journals due to the gross methodological errors they had (they probably could also be called fraudulent).

This thread should be moved to the religion subforum.

#205 thedarkbobo

• 153 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 10:02 AM

Both hands for GMO from me.

Might bring value (better raw ingredients/taste) and even health factors (more X in plant Y to keep you in a good shape)...also possible plant variations for fuels etc..

If natural plants are best fit for the environment, then they will be ok. If not then I guess there can be some improvement.

#206 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:07 PM

Might bring value (better raw ingredients/taste) and even health factors (more X in plant Y to keep you in a good shape)...also possible plant variations for fuels etc..

If natural plants are best fit for the environment, then they will be ok. If not then I guess there can be some improvement.

If you have to genetically mod maize, wheat etc to survive an ...'insecticide';

What is going to happen to plants that aren't genetically modded that get some of said insecticide on/in them? By 'pure accident'...

What happens to the insects that pollinate normal plants

If the modded plants are eventually all that is left to eat, but they also just happen to be modded to not grow from harvested seed; where are you going to get tomorrows 'daily bread' from?

What if the... 'seed supplier' does not like the fact that you and company like supps and refuse to give you any seed?

(Thats assuming the plants that your supps are made from have somehow survived?)

GMOs by a benevolent companies hold  great potential.

GMOs by megalomaniacs that want a monopoly over the food supply will lead to disaster.

http://www.seattleor...er-bee-loss.php

http://www.whatdoesi...m/index1778.htm

Why has Monsanto quietly snuck through legislation placing them above the law if they are in fact benevolent and do have the world's best interests at heart.

http://rt.com/usa/mo...nded-house-741/

When one joins the dots you smell a rat.  A great huge rat that reeks of toxicity, war and death.

• Ill informed x 1

#207 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:09 AM

Yes, we need them, more so in developing countries.

Natural plants? People don't cultivate natural plants at all. Nor even in the Neolithic.

#208 evolvedhuman2012

• Topic Starter
  • 135 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:15 AM

I'm ok with any GM products that are approved safe by authorities. And yes I eat potatoes and ketchup  :laugh:  

lmfao! proven safe by fda? gm approval in regard to fda have been heavily suspected to be influenced by gm industry agents. you really biologist? maybe corporate biologist you mean? lmao!

putting on a nice show here.

arpad pusztai already proven crude gm tech couldn't produce safe, healthy food. 

• Unfriendly x 1

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#209 evolvedhuman2012

• Topic Starter
  • 135 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:43 AM

All the more so.

All studies on BHT were showing positive results against the virii one cannot inoculate against until the big money got involved, then 'Cancer!!"

When you look at the study you find that a ridiculous chronic dose was reqd to get the 'desired' result.

When promising studies come out on a substance and are then followed by the old favorite ' It causes cancer' (or something), there is inevitably a lot of 'influence' behind the study.

As (financial) success has no conscience; I just disregard anything paid for by 'Big Money'

But keep arguing. I'm sure the majority will fall for it.

:)

people can be trolls and ass when it comes to argument.  you can't argue logically with people who are illogical. lol. and people with twisted common sense also.

monsanto can only win by buying off judges.  it like a beauty pageant where you award first prize to the fat ugly lady and call that the best qualities.

in objective judging, monsanto would funk big. 

its like judges working for monsanto calling the measured facts erroneous measurement.  and monsanto judges saying only the good qualities and ignore the bad ones and not just bad but seriously big bad ones for their gmos.

so sums up to a lot of unfair judgements.

• Unfriendly x 1
  • Disagree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gmo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users