Solubility of Pramiracetam--WATER soluble

pramiracetam solubility water soluble

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rior

• 279 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

http://en.wikipedia....ramiracetam.svg

This is the Pramiracetam molecule. I was looking at it recently and it got me thinking. Everyone here talks about Pramiracetam being fat-soluble, that it needs to be taken with a fat source etc, however when you look at the molecule it looks like it would be fairly water-soluble too. I don't know a tremendous amount about chemistry, however the polar ends at the two oxygen atoms, as well as the nitrogen atom surrounded by hydrogen, would certainly provide a polar enough environment for water-solubility.

To that end, I just did some tests. I took 185mg of Pramiracetam and dissolved it into filtered water. I can say that at .5 oz water, it fully dissolves, very quickly. This wasn't even an issue of having to force it to dissolve through stirring, it just simply very easily dissolved into solution. And to this, I say that it's pretty clear that Pramiracetam is highly water-soluble as well as fat-soluble. It does not necessarily need to be taken with a fat source to be effective. If I had more Pram to spare, I would test it further and see how low I could take the water dose before it's no longer fully soluble.

Just wanted to clear that up here, and perhaps get some input on this from more-knowledgeable people.

#2 mrnootropic

• 180 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

From experience,

Most of the Fat soluble nootropics i have taken, dissolve slightly in water
Sulbutiamine Dissolved in water.
Pramiracetam Dissolved slightly in water.
Aniracetam dissolved too.

Ive tested them from 6 or 7 different suppliers, from china, usa and some from the UK, and all of them have slightly dissolved.
Somebody more knowledgeable can help, but from my understanding, Fat soluble substances can also be slightly water soluble.

I would like to hear someone with more knowledge on this subject, myself.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pramiracetam, solubility, water soluble

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users