• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Acetyl L-Carnitine or Resveratrol to stabilize blood sugar while taking Zyprexa/Abilify/etc

acetyl l-carnitine alcar resveratrol zyprexa abilify antipsychotics

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Heh

• Validating/Suspended
  • 302 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any luck using ALCAR or resveratrol to protect against the effect zyprexa/abilify.etc has on blood sugar and insulin sensitivity. I'm thinking these two supplements should help lower and regulate blood sugar, which should result in a decrease in excessive food seeking behaviour and elevated blood sugar levels causes by these antipsychotics.

If anyone is taking these antipsychotics, I'm wondering if they could try these supplements then share the effect they had.

#2 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

Metformin

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 1kgcoffee

• 737 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

Maxwatt is right, but if you want something OTC...
-ALCAR+Lipoic acid (or ALA by itself)
-Apple cider vinegar
-Cinnamon
-Benfotiamine
to name some of many

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#4 BioFreak

• 541 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

High dose thiamine might also help, or a MCT's (such as in coconut oil)

actually you could combine them with alcar for a good effect.

Then there is chromium, mucuna, (I guess you dont want to increase dopamine if you are taking antipsychotics) ...

But don't forget that these symptoms most probably come from your body trying to increase dopaminergic action through blood sugar elevation, which it can not because thats what these antipsychotics do normally, block dopamine receptors.

Edited by BioFreak, 03 May 2013 - 04:16 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: acetyl l-carnitine, alcar, resveratrol, zyprexa, abilify, antipsychotics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users