1 reply to this topic

#1 ManuteBol

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:06 AM

Little bit of background before I get started:

30 year old male.
6 feet tall, 165 lbs.
12 years of substance abuse. Clean for 2 months.
1 month ago I was "floxed," meaning I had a very adverse reaction to the fluoroquinolone antibiotic, Cipro. I'm pretty certain that my history with alcohol and benzo's (and the fact that my test results for the UTI actually came back negative) have a lot to do with this reaction.

I'm seeing some improvements in my health with this regimen:

1. Obviously, no more drinking / recreational drugs. This is going rather well. I'm not fiending for booze or anything, and I feel dedicated to the progress I'm making here.

2. Complete change in diet. Have gone from a high fat, high sugar, high salt diet to an almost completely organic ovo-vegetarian diet over the last month. Nowadays, I do still cheat occasionally (had a cheeseburger this past Friday), but I feel the repercussions of it almost immediately.

3. Meditation / Prayer. While I certainly do not align myself with any form of organized religion, I have found that meditation and prayer on a consistent basis provides a sort of well-being that I feel I've been lacking.

4. I'm currently taking the following vitamins and supplements (sorry for not being too specific here... I don't have the bottles in front of me right now to look up actual dosages):
-Probiotic 1x daily
-Vitamin B100 Complex 1x daily
-Magnesium 520 mg 1x daily
-Vitamin D 800 IU daily
-Glucosamine/MSM/Chondroitin 1x daily
-Vitamin C 2000-3000 mg daily
-Fish Oil 415 mg 3x daily
-Milk Thistle x3 daily
-Coq10 400 mg daily
-Whey Protein Isolate x2 daily

Additionally, I'm taking the following prescription medications:
Metoprolol ER Succinate 25 mg x2 daily (for Mitral Valve Prolapse/Tachycardia/Palpitations)
Phenobarbital 15 mg x2 daily (on a course of a slow taper off of it related to my alcohol withdrawl)

Lastly, I'm still smoking cigarettes. I intend to quit asap. I smoke about 1/2 a pack of ultra-lights a day. My intention is to quit cold turkey. I have done it in the past with some success. They are my last vice, and probably the hardest one of all to give up.

That's all I have for now.

#2 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

No advice on what supplements to take, but congratulations on the lifestyle improvements!

sponsored ad

• Advert

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vitamins, supplements, cipro, quinolones

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users