- - - - -

Question about AcH degradation -

acetylcholine degradation ach transmission

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 addisonmelton

• 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:39 AM

I have a question about AcH degradation, and I can't seem to find any data to answer my question anywhere.

I understand that after AcH is used in the transmission of a nerve impulse, the acetylcholine is quickly broken into acetate and choline, which pass back to the first cell to be recycled into acetylcholine again.

Now my question is, are there any studies out there that show what percentage of Acetate and choline slips away and is NOT recycled back into Acetylcholine?

I’m trying to figure out a baseline of about how much the body loses, so that I can calculate how much choline I really need to be taking to maintain very stable levels, all the time. Turns out I’m very sensitive to choline, and currently, that amount is no more than 1 egg a day. Any more than that, I start to suffer from high characteristic symptoms of high AcH. If I go without choline supplementation altogether, I don’t perform as well.

I realize I could experiment to find what “works best” but I’d like some hard data to work with, it’s already been a looooong process of experimentation to figure out that I can only tolerate the amount that I do.

Thanks

#2 mandaryn

• 41 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:10 PM

Here, this should answer your questions;

http://wurtmanlab.mi...ic/pdf/1020.pdf

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 addisonmelton

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:42 AM

Thanks Mandaryn, exactly what I needed

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: acetylcholine, degradation, ach, transmission

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users