Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Split from Crazy Black Hole theory

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#1 knite

• 296 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 11:45 PM

Schools usually teach that you cannot subtract a large number from a smaller number, until kids get into algebra and whatnot, not sure if thats necessary but I do know its gonna confuse a child in kindergarten, who is still learning the concept of math.

#2 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 11:50 PM

Indeed.
I agree knite, but what do I say to my stubborn curious little sis when she sees my homeworks? [sweat]
Heh, never mind, I'll stick to that's not possible.

Yours
~Infernity

#3 susmariosep

• 1,137 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 04:24 AM

Suggestion on how to explain negative numbers.

Maybe I am going to show myself as the essence of simpleton-ism.

Here is a very good way to explain to kids before they even get to be in school, about negative numbers -- as I explain them to myself, this way:

A negative number represents things like coins you don't have but you have to look for in order to turn them over to someone from whom you borrowed them and had already spent them.

On this occasion you can explain to the kids the concepts of debt (debit) and credit.

Try that on your toddler kids. I did that for mine when they were not yet in school.

Susma

QUOTE (knite)
Schools usually teach that you cannot subtract a large number from a smaller number, until kids get into algebra and whatnot, not sure if thats necessary but I do know its gonna confuse a child in kindergarten, who is still learning the concept of math.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 08:39 AM

Susma,

My sister has no value at all to money, she never think of things cost money. She never do know some concrete things cost money, but she has no idea what does it mean.

Exempli gratia, she plays with something breakable and I harshly tell her to leave it because it shall break.
She'd say- "But we can buy another one".
I say- "And who's going yo pay?".
She- "Mom and dad".
Me- "No sweetie, if you break it while thinking so, they will take it from your money, and if you don't have enough, it shall cost you future things you could have get, but can't because you owe 'em money..."

However, I know you'll tell me to use this as fantastic way to explain minus, but I'm telling you, it won't work, because after that, she continued arguing, but simply this time with nonsense argues... she's 6.

Thanks anyway,

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#5 bgwowk

• 1,715 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 03:31 PM

Infernity, the way I explained negative numbers to my kids is by explaning height above the ground. A positive number means you are above the ground. A negative number means you are in a hole below the ground.

---BrianW

#6 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 07:12 PM

Ah nice way Brian, next time we're next to a abyss I'll try it.

Thanks.

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#7 susmariosep

• 1,137 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 10:47 PM

Here is a study for you.

The situation of your six year old sister is exceptional in that she is not aware by direct observation and by suspicion on what the family is up and about 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and 365.25 days a year, from birth to her present existence.

At the age of six kids know already all the goings-on in the home and with the people within it, and even in the neighborhood and also in the bigger community beyond.

I find your six years old sister an 'exceptional child'.

At that age kids in a home and with a family that let her mingle with the adult world freely know everything already: life, sex, money, envy, pride, honesty, dishonesty. And they participate in exchange of views though not with as much adult knowledge as educated and experienced and broadly exposed adults do.

I suspect your family keep your six years old sister out of the goings-on in the family, maybe even keeping her in some kind of a sterilized environment physically and morally.

Doesn't she watch television freely, at least? -- if she is not mixing freely with the folks and relatives and the neighbors?

I bring my children up by making available to them all access to what the family and home and people are about and doing; then I try to impress upon them my own values as they ask me questions and seek my advice on all kinds of matters.

Don't your parents bring your six years old kid with them to the market and anywhere where they have to use money?

Susma

QUOTE (infernity)
Susma,

My sister has no value at all to money, she never think of things cost money. She never do know some concrete things cost money, but she has no idea what does it mean.

Exempli gratia, she plays with something breakable and I harshly tell her to leave it because it shall break.
She- "Mom and dad".
Me- "No sweetie, if you break it while thinking so, they will take it from your money, and if you don't have enough, it shall cost you future things you could have get, but can't because you owe 'em money..."

However, I know you'll tell me to use this as fantastic way to explain minus, but I'm telling you, it won't work, because after that, she continued arguing, but simply this time with nonsense argues... she's 6.

Thanks anyway,

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#8 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 11:04 PM

Susma,

I'll ask you to take this post down, I find it offensive, since you have no idea what you are talking about, you don't know her nor my family, and it is pretty rude of you to think so, actually say so since you can think whatever you want.

Please, don't deduce such fallacious conclusions so fast, and my private life is not to your concern so don't bother asking.

Please erase, thank you.

Yours
~Infernity

#9 susmariosep

• 1,137 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 01:28 AM

Touche, with the acute accent on the last vowel.

Susma

#10 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 11:24 AM

Susma! what's the matter with you? Is it because I am not who you thought I am? Because I was too passioned to answer complex and not briefly to your little writing? I thought you'll understand, I really did. I was wrong, reminds me I am human. You are not what I thought you are.

Did you lose any piece of rationality?
I can tell without even looking at your eyes that something happened to you lately!
Please, look what's happening, and become equal to zero.

Please delete that post...

~Infernity

#11 susmariosep

• 1,137 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 01:10 AM

Once upon a time.

All of us here are putting up monuments of everlasting duration.

Monuments to our knowledge of facts, our so-called wisdom, our experiences, and also specially our opinions and suspicions.

I am one student who loathes to remove anything I have written. Let it be a monument to me, my knowledge or my folly, for all eternity.

Let you and all here put up other monuments to neutralize or abolish the import of my monument.

See if I have ever erased anything I have ever put down in the net.

Others delete my posts, not, never, I myself -- however much to my embarrassment for their continuance in the net

Susma

QUOTE=infernity]Susma! what's the matter with you? Is it because I am not who you thought I am? Because I was too passioned to answer complex and not briefly to your little writing? I thought you'll understand, I really did. I was wrong, reminds me I am human. You are not what I thought you are.

Did you lose any piece of rationality?
I can tell without even looking at your eyes that something happened to you lately!
Please, look what's happening, and become equal to zero.

Please delete that post...

~Infernity

#12 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 10:44 AM

As your wish.

Treatment begets treatment, Susma. Treatment begets treatment...

I don't know if you know my relations with games, Susma, http://www.imminst.o...282

Beware, I lately am not very patient to side games at all.

~Infernity

#13 susmariosep

• 1,137 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 04:35 PM

Now, you sound like Stranger.

I hope I did not get you correctly.

About that post you want me to delete, let it stay as a monument to my folly of thought or personality. Anyway people who read your posts will know the true picture of yourself and your family and your sister.

I have nothing against you personallty and have no reasons to. We are here all expressing opinions, and good for all of us, we are all anonymous. So if I were you I would not feel so much annoyance for that post from me you refer to and you want me to delete.

Have a good laugh: Hahahahahaaaaaaa and heheheheheeeeeeeeeee!

Susma

#14 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 05:05 PM

Ok Susma,

Heh I know you won't delete this post either, so agreed. ;)

Well I tend to forgive, and try to understand... so ok.

However,
Hahahahahaaaaaaa and heheheheheeeeeeeeeee!

Can you do me a favor and not 'laugh' like that again? I have no idea what's that laugh of you means, looks fake and evil to me, tho I'm not sure [huh]

I mean who stops in the middle of a laugh to say "and", and then change the laugh... weired, really.

Yours
~Infernity

#15 susmariosep

• 1,137 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 11:23 PM

Hope the powers here don't step in owing to our diversion...

Hahahahahaaaaaaa and heheheheheeeeeeeeeee!

Can you do me a favor and not 'laugh' like that again? I have no idea what's that laugh of you means, looks fake and evil to me, tho I'm not sure

I mean who stops in the middle of a laugh to say "and", and then change the laugh... weired, really.

Yours
~Infernity

UnQUOTE

That is also one thing that my posthumous mother-in-law, God rest her soul, used to find annoying with me, when I sat for dinner with my family in her home.
(But I only did that act in a subtle volume and with a beatific smile, in her presence.)

Here's how to decrypt my hahahahaaaaaaa and heheheheheeeeeee:

Study everything in the situation of the discourse and see if you can detect anything whereby you can see humor as per your best definition of humor.

Susma

#16 susmariosep

• 1,137 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:47 AM

I am my best target.

Actually that hahahahahaaaaa and heheheheheeeeee more often than not is directed at myself, for my ignorance, or not being en courant with latest themes in the opinion world, or my biases and prejudices, or my lapses in logic, or of course my getting all worked up over nothing, and certainly my appearing to many people here and visitors, being inconsistent and even as someone puts it, weird.

At other times it is the perception of the follies and foibles in people and in their situation of their own devising.

So, here goes again: hahahahahahaaaaaa and heheheheheeeeeeee!

The established finding of medical researchers is that saying loudly hahahahahaaaaaaa and heheheheheeeeeeee on the perception of humor or even lack of, is good for one's physical health and psychic sanity.

Susma

#17 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:50 AM

[?]
and psychic sanity.

I'm not sure about mental sanity though... [huh]

Yours
~Infernity

#18 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:35 PM

I love the way you think Armrha, aye it is weired.
About the someone who'll have to set there the thingy, I think we should let our creations- robots do it.
The shall get there as information to a supposedly safe point, then we'll define them as concrete, so they can do the wok done.

Hmm researching black holes could be interesting.
And turning the danger into a benefit could be awesome.

About the off topic- I bet Laz will soon notice.
If till tomorrow no one does, I'll PM.

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

Edited by infernity, 17 May 2005 - 02:54 PM.

#19 Lazarus Long

• Life Member, Guardian
  • 8,116 posts
  • Location:Northern, Western Hemisphere of Earth, Usually of late, New York

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:58 PM

Yes the subject has already been taken under advisement. ;))

As soon as the deliberations have ended you will note the results.

I have a suggestion related to the organizational issues that you have already read Adi. Could you perhaps extract the essential aspects of your theory and the relevant responses/rebuttals and then post them to this forum under a new thread and then perhaps I could move this entire thread to a more appropriate area?

I for one am often tempted to allow some leeway for discussion of a topic into many tenuously related aspects, which allow for personalized comment but the character of some of this threads' posts have gone well beyond metaphysics and wholly into the *personally* absurd IMO.

However I should point out a simple fallacy; this belief on your part is not true.
Armrha, I can't take it outside for as long as Susma doesn't, and Susma won't.

If you don't reply to his commentary here then only inconsistent and irrelevant posts can be removed without any loss of continuity for the topic as a whole

#20 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:34 PM

I should have put money on it...

Laz, You love seeing me working ain't ya?

Can't you just remove the 14-24 posts in this thread including the 14 and 24?
I'll edit the rest, and I'm sure Armrha and you won't have a problem to do the same, it's just I don't want to delete my responses to Susma if he doesn't delete the posts themselves.

And Laz, you know me enough to know I dunno when to shut up. pfft.

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#21 Lazarus Long

• Life Member, Guardian
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:42 PM

armha's severed comment from the now separate universe at the other side of this black hole.

[Off topic to inf and susma:]
Moving the posts to the catcher is a wonderful idea, but you should have asked in PM's or waited for someone to notice without prompting them. You don't want to give Susma ammo to accuse the staff of favouritism, even if it is a perfectly reasonable request! And as a side note to Susma, not particularly targetting you as vehement, just thinking of what I would do, if I was of a mind to aggravate poor Infernity or be a general troublemaker. Which you are, some sort of a conversation-rouser, at least. You love arguments.

#22 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:50 PM

Armrha, I can't take it outside for as long as Susma doesn't, and Susma won't.
I'll ask from a leader who sees it to remove all the next links (posts) to the Catcher under the name Removed from: A CrAzY Theory on BLACK HOLES and in the description- Off Topic Dialog, Susma and Infernity:
http://www.imminst.o...139

Was located somewhere in the original thread

~~~

ROFLMAO! Laz, this note on Armrha's post made me roll on floor laughing [lol]

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#23 Lazarus Long

• Life Member, Guardian
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:56 PM

I appreciate that you figured out what I was about to do next Adi, and then did it. I love good team work. ;))

#24 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:57 PM

Thanks Laz ;) .

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#25 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:18 PM

LOL, this thread has more replies then viewers now [tung]

24 against 16 hehe.

~Infernity

#26 susmariosep

• 1,137 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:53 PM

Can't find my posts here.

Infern, have you noticed that our exchange on your sister's not grasping negative numbers are no longer in this thread. Did you ask the powers here to delete them or to remove them?

Tell me.

Susma

#27 susmariosep

• 1,137 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:56 PM

See if this post and the above one get deleted or relocated without notice.

Susma

#28 susmariosep

• 1,137 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:11 PM

Any libelous statements from my part?

Dear Lazarus Long:

Please do put a notice when you delete or relocate posts, in the place from about the deletions or relocations, and also in the place to, and preferably why.

I am of the opinion that such notices will enable readers to know where to proceed to in order to pursue what they might believe to be useful to the ordering of their life and thoughts.

Why can't or won't you people in power just leave a notice to that effect?

Susma

#29 Lazarus Long

• Life Member, Guardian
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:14 PM

You have not been censored, you have been relocated for irrelevance as you previously requested.

The thread in all its glory still exists and your previous posts confirm that you can find it. In fact we did post a notice one here and one by infernity in the source thread. See above and there.

http://www.imminst.o...t=0

#30 susmariosep

• 1,137 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:21 PM

Invitation to Infern.

Dear Infern:

Below is the reproduction of the post which you want me to delete. Tell me honestly what you find unacceptable.

I don't blame the powers here for relocating it tho this section, but I am not happy that they don't put any notice in the place from about the relocation of the post, and also a notice here in this relocated place about where the post was originally placed.

QUOTE (susmariosep)
Here is a study for you.

The situation of your six year old sister is exceptional in that she is not aware by direct observation and by suspicion on what the family is up and about 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and 365.25 days a year, from birth to her present existence.

At the age of six kids know already all the goings-on in the home and with the people within it, and even in the neighborhood and also in the bigger community beyond.

I find your six years old sister an 'exceptional child'.

At that age kids in a home and with a family that let her mingle with the adult world freely know everything already: life, sex, money, envy, pride, honesty, dishonesty. And they participate in exchange of views though not with as much adult knowledge as educated and experienced and broadly exposed adults do.

I suspect your family keep your six years old sister out of the goings-on in the family, maybe even keeping her in some kind of a sterilized environment physically and morally.

Doesn't she watch television freely, at least? -- if she is not mixing freely with the folks and relatives and the neighbors?

I bring my children up by making available to them all access to what the family and home and people are about and doing; then I try to impress upon them my own values as they ask me questions and seek my advice on all kinds of matters.

Don't your parents bring your six years old kid with them to the market and anywhere where they have to use money?

Susma

QUOTE (infernity)
Susma,

She- "Mom and dad".

Thanks anyway,

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

Please, tell me what you find in the above post unacceptable to yourself.

Susma

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users