Split from Crazy Black Hole theory

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#31 Lazarus Long

• Life Member, Guardian
  • 8,116 posts
  • Location:Northern, Western Hemisphere of Earth, Usually of late, New York

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:50 PM

BTW, early on Susma you and I had a discussion concerning personal interchanges and when they border on being considered offensive. You have requested and insisted on posting things, which even though they are neither libelous or overtly offensive, you are well aware that they are perceived as offensive to the poster you are targeting.

I will warn you then that you are not currently in the free speech zone and neither was the original thread and this conduct borders on a violation. Please review the posting guidelines regarding relevance and courtesy.

http://www.imminst.o.../guidelines.php

Also
Malicious Attacks: ImmInst has a zero tolerance policy for any individual or group which tries to disrupt the usual flow of information in the ImmInst forums or chat room.  Examples include, but are not limited to, such things as spamming and hacking.  Such individuals will be banned from posting either immediately or after due warning depending on the incident.

Authority: ImmInst Leadership has the authority to edit, move or remove any post which does not follow Posting Guidelines. ImmInst leaders will use this authority only if they feel the mission is in jeopardy. 

Now remember Infernity nor especially her sister were the subject of that thread and all the posts here that fixated on these personal aspects have been split off. I am not at this time doing more than warning you unofficially that you are treading on thin ice but this only because Infernity set herself up for the dialog by her choice of examples.

She did however retract that aspect and ask that it be removed from discussion and instead you have insisted on keeping the topic personal when this could be considered a violation of our policy.

As you have now been advised of this concern; if she does not engage you in discussing these personal subjects and you continue posting in this vein I will make the warning official.

Please reconsider trying to *force* people to discuss personal issues by badgering them after they have asked you not to since the behavior makes you appear obsessive and inconsiderate even when your language is no more vulgar than say, a Hannibal Lector.

#32 susmariosep

• 1,137 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:52 PM

Official conspicuous notice maybe?

With all due respect, dear Lazarus:

Notice of place from and place to, I mean in an easily visible and immediately sightable space, like when entries are deleted or relocated in any kind of log records, where entries are chronologically ordered and numbered, a notice is placed at the very point where the deleted or relocated entries used to be entered, like this:

(In the exact location of the missing entries or posts, in our present case, the box of the post is reproduced but without the text of the message, however in its place, the notice to this effect or similar effect: "message deleted (or relocated to...)" and reasons why.

At all costs we should, if I may, avoid any impression on the part of readers and visitors that posts are deleted, edited, or relocated, arbitrarily on the whims of the powers here, with no concern about meticulous book-keeping fidelity and precision record-keeping.

This is the notice in the place from?

Note: Alright pals+-->
QUOTE (infernity][font=Arial]Note: Alright pals)
here[/URL] is the place!

~Infernity

http://www.imminst.o...&t=6139&p=60965

I mean an official notice from an official and on an official reason and with the signature of the official exercising his office.

See if you will be happy when your public records in any kind of public registers get edited, deleted, or edited, and with that kind of a notice from anyone coming in who reads your public records and puts a notice to that effect that the snipped parts can be found 'here'.

Susma

QUOTE (Lazarus Long)
You have not been censored, you have been relocated for irrelevance as you previously requested.

The thread in all its glory still exists and your previous posts confirm that you can find it.  In fact we did post a notice one here and one by infernity in the source thread.  See above and there.

http://www.imminst.o...t=0

#33 susmariosep

• 1,137 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE=infernity

Note: Alright pals, this will be the last off topic post in this thread, it is just for those who get to see this for the first time and about to start talking about my sister again or any other thingy that has nothing to do with the general idea of the topic - - here is the place!

~Infernity

http://www.imminst.o...&t=6139&p=60965

UNQUOTE

Dear Lazarus, can we have something that is really official and shall we say, solemn?

Susma

sponsored ad

• Advert

#34 Lazarus Long

• Life Member, Guardian
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 12:00 AM

Susma this thread was begun by Infernity, you are not the only poster involved and you were not the only poster moved here. I have no obligation under current guidelines to notify anyone and it is as a courtesy that I or anyone else do so.

The thread starter asked for this action and she is the one that made the notice and there was no requirement to make it more complicated than that. I may sometimes do as you are requesting but as Infernity in this case had already done so I felt it was unnecessarily redundant.

Anyway you found your way here so it wasn't that hard and if I were you I would keep a link directly to the catcher and when in doubt start by looking there. I generally will never delete posts or censor if I can avoid it but there is no such obligation from all of us as you should note from guidelines above.

#35 susmariosep

• 1,137 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 12:42 AM

Touche, with the acute accent on the last vowel.
And kudos muchos, for your forbearance.

More monuments in perpetuam memoriam rei.

To wit: More monuments to the perpetual memory of the matter.

Susma

#36 susmariosep

• 1,137 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:13 AM

One more inquiry.

Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death...

Suppose, good Lazarus, Infern asked you to delete the above message from you where you mention that she asked you to relocate posts, will you also accommodate her?

There's no where else to go for relocation, is there? So to be consistent with her concern, she would have to request you to delete. Will you then delete your post above?

Much ado about nothing but nothing is so interesting.

Susma

#37 Lazarus Long

• Life Member, Guardian
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:40 AM

I will fear no evil: for thou art with me

Was there a man dismay'd?
Not tho' the soldier knew
Someone had blunder'd:
Their's not to make reply,
Their's not to reason why,
Their's but to do and die:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell
Rode the six hundred.

That was fun [lol]
Suppose, good Lazarus, Infern asked you to delete the above message from you where you mention that she asked you to relocate posts, will you also accommodate her?

There's no where else to go for relocation, is there? So to be consistent with her concern, she would have to request you to delete. Will you then delete your post above?

Susma, she did ask you to delete them.

Are they still here?

Her wishes are known; are the posts still around?

As to what all our options in leadership are, let's consider them shadowy.

However I find nothing in them that requires deletion.

I moved them for irrelevance to the topic but as a point of reference though I generally don't approve of it being done after many others have posted, the thread starter retains the right to delete an entire thread.

#38 JMorgan

• 645 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE (infernity)
I'll edit the rest...

Hmm... Are you a self-appointed navigator? I'm curious to know your secrets. ;)

Hehe, and if you REALLY have powers... show me a sign by making the word "RED" appear in red. [thumb]

#39 Lazarus Long

• Life Member, Guardian
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 04:33 AM

She is referring to editing the rest of her posts for the record malchiah. [wis]

#40 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 12:14 PM

Goodness! Laz, Susma, when did you guy managed to have this dialog? Also, in the original thread- same with Laz and Elrond. Heh.

Can't find my posts here.

Infern, have you noticed that our exchange on your sister's not grasping negative numbers are no longer in this thread. Did you ask the powers here to delete them or to remove them?

Tell me.

Susma

Susma, no post is missing at all. Some are here and some was not removed...

See if this post and the above one get deleted or relocated without notice.

Susma

Hehe everytime you do this, it's not happening [tung] I think you're imagining. What are you taking?

Any libelous statements from my part?

Yes, Susma.

Please do put a notice when you delete or relocate posts, in the place from about the deletions or relocations, and also in the place to, and preferably why.

Pretty obvious I'd say, after you read this thread... There was nothing in private.

Invitation to Infern.

Dear Infern:

Below is the reproduction of the post which you want me to delete. Tell me honestly what you find unacceptable.

I don't blame the powers here for relocating it tho this section, but I am not happy that they don't put any notice in the place from about the relocation of the post, and also a notice here in this relocated place about where the post was originally placed.

Here is a study for you.

The situation of your six year old sister is exceptional in that she is not aware by direct observation and by suspicion on what the family is up and about 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and 365.25 days a year, from birth to her present existence.

At the age of six kids know already all the goings-on in the home and with the people within it, and even in the neighborhood and also in the bigger community beyond.

I find your six years old sister an 'exceptional child'.

At that age kids in a home and with a family that let her mingle with the adult world freely know everything already: life, sex, money, envy, pride, honesty, dishonesty. And they participate in exchange of views though not with as much adult knowledge as educated and experienced and broadly exposed adults do.

I suspect your family keep your six years old sister out of the goings-on in the family, maybe even keeping her in some kind of a sterilized environment physically and morally.

Doesn't she watch television freely, at least? -- if she is not mixing freely with the folks and relatives and the neighbors?

I bring my children up by making available to them all access to what the family and home and people are about and doing; then I try to impress upon them my own values as they ask me questions and seek my advice on all kinds of matters.

Don't your parents bring your six years old kid with them to the market and anywhere where they have to use money?

Susma
Susma,

My sister has no value at all to money, she never think of things cost money. She never do know some concrete things cost money, but she has no idea what does it mean.

Exempli gratia, she plays with something breakable and I harshly tell her to leave it because it shall break.
She'd say- "But we can buy another one".
I say- "And who's going yo pay?".
She- "Mom and dad".
Me- "No sweetie, if you break it while thinking so, they will take it from your money, and if you don't have enough, it shall cost you future things you could have get, but can't because you owe 'em money..."

However, I know you'll tell me to use this as fantastic way to explain minus, but I'm telling you, it won't work, because after that, she continued arguing, but simply this time with nonsense argues... she's 6.

Thanks anyway,

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

Please, tell me what you find in the above post unacceptable to yourself.

Susma

I'll Ignore that.

Official conspicuous notice maybe?

With all due respect, dear Lazarus:

Notice of place from and place to, I mean in an easily visible and immediately sightable space, like when entries are deleted or relocated in any kind of log records, where entries are chronologically ordered and numbered, a notice is placed at the very point where the deleted or relocated entries used to be entered, like this:

(In the exact location of the missing entries or posts, in our present case, the box of the post is reproduced but without the text of the message, however in its place, the notice to this effect or similar effect: "message deleted (or relocated to...)" and reasons why.

At all costs we should, if I may, avoid any impression on the part of readers and visitors that posts are deleted, edited, or relocated, arbitrarily on the whims of the powers here, with no concern about meticulous book-keeping fidelity and precision record-keeping.

I mean an official notice from an official and on an official reason and with the signature of the official exercising his office.

See if you will be happy when your public records in any kind of public registers get edited, deleted, or edited, and with that kind of a notice from anyone coming in who reads your public records and puts a notice to that effect that the snipped parts can be found 'here'.

Susma

Oh please, Susma! You have no right judge that, I could simply delete the whole thread you know... I could create a new one with the relevant quotes... I didn't. Nothing has been deleted. And the story is pretty obvious.

Dear Lazarus, can we have something that is really official and shall we say, solemn?

Susma listen.
As you didn't want to delete that post and said people shall see your folly with my request to delete it ( <- your words...), so is here- people are intelligent enough to see what's going on here, and gets the idea! so calm the hell down!

Hmm... Are you a self-appointed navigator? I'm curious to know your secrets. ;)

Hehe, and if you REALLY have powers... show me a sign by making the word "RED" appear in red.  [thumb]

She is referring to editing the rest of her posts for the record malchiah. [wis]

LOL, Laz, you could have done something funnier and mark the "RED" in red hehehehehe.
But Aye, Joel, I meant my posts...

Susma, get over your obsession. Things are changing, ameliorating...

Thank you, Laz.

Yours
~Infernity

#41 susmariosep

• 1,137 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 12:59 AM

Scratch when you itch.

Dear Infern:

Did you exert yourself to have posts transferred here because they are derailment of your thread in the place from, or because you wanted to have the post you did ask me to delete and I told you it's not my habit to comply with such a request even if a post should be to my own embarrassment, namely, since you could not have it deleted?

As usual I am curious.

By the way, addressing the powers that be in this ImmInst forum, is this section here under the policy of sanctuary like the one in Free Speech?

Susma

#42 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 04:17 PM

Well Susma,

It would have been better if you'd delete it (in the first place mostly).

If you will, I'll happily delete my comments to that.

For as long as you won't, I want to keep the story clear.

I suppose the Catcher is like the free forum speech, but simply you can post here also so called junk, which in the free forum speech you can't. Free, free, but still Immortality Institute, let's keep some respect...

I think lately the catcher is becoming more respectful hehe.

Yours
~Infernity

#43 Lazarus Long

• Life Member, Guardian
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 04:23 PM

(Susma)
By the way, addressing the powers that be in this ImmInst forum, is this section here under the policy of sanctuary like the one in Free Speech?

(Infernity)
I suppose the Catcher is like the free forum speech, but simply you can post here also so called junk, which in the free forum speech you can't. Free, free, but still Immortality Institute, let's keep some respect...

The short answer to you both: no.

The full rules apply here and posting is one step away from the *oblivion* of being so precariously close to the event horizon. Any member of leadership that decides the conduct has gotten out of line in the catcher can very easily intervene or simply make it all go away.

#44 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 04:29 PM

The short answer to you both: no.

[lol]

For how long did you wait till you can say that?

Hehehe

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#45 Lazarus Long

• Life Member, Guardian
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 04:34 PM

For how long did you wait till you can say that?

Since Susma first posted his inquiry and I knew you couldn't resist replying.

I suspected I could address you both with one response, more efficient. [glasses] [wis]

#46 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:08 PM

Since Susma first posted his inquiry and I knew you couldn't resist replying.

[tung] Knew it.

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#47 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:58 PM

Hey Joel, let's see if you figure this one out.

Powers? I REALLY have...

[!] [>] But I am not controlling them well [tung]...

Press this little mischievous smiley above and scroll to yours post again.
The reddish missed, it appears from time to time hehehehe.

Won't take you long to understand ;))

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#48 susmariosep

• 1,137 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 11:05 PM

Okay, here's the score.

One of the things I find delightfully adventurous in message boards is the ready laboratory available in them to study human behavior, starting of course with my own, so that at least for me the known life, i.e., my own, is more worth living or more spicy to live.

The relocation of posts to this section was triggered by, for the most proximately relevant incident, the mention by Infern of her six years old sister not being able to grasp negative numbers.

I am one of those who gave an opinion on how to explain negative numbers to six years old kids who have not been to school yet, in the process bringing in the mention of coins which mean money.

Now Infern at this point told us that her sister... here is the event horizon:

QUOTE (infernity)

Susma,

My sister has no value at all to money, she never think of things cost money. She never do know some concrete things cost money, but she has no idea what does it mean.

Exempli gratia, she plays with something breakable and I harshly tell her to leave it because it shall break.
She'd say- "But we can buy another one".
I say- "And who's going yo pay?".
She- "Mom and dad".
Me- "No sweetie, if you break it while thinking so, they will take it from your money, and if you don't have enough, it shall cost you future things you could have get, but can't because you owe 'em money..."

However, I know you'll tell me to use this as fantastic way to explain minus, but I'm telling you, it won't work, because after that, she continued arguing, but simply this time with nonsense argues... she's 6.

Thanks anyway,

Yours truthfully
~Infernity
UNQUOTE

-------------

QUOTE (susmariosep)

Here is a study for you.

The situation of your six year old sister is exceptional in that she is not aware by direct observation and by suspicion on what the family is up and about 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and 365.25 days a year, from birth to her present existence.

At the age of six kids know already all the goings-on in the home and with the people within it, and even in the neighborhood and also in the bigger community beyond.

I find your six years old sister an 'exceptional child'.

At that age kids in a home and with a family that let her mingle with the adult world freely know everything already: life, sex, money, envy, pride, honesty, dishonesty. And they participate in exchange of views though not with as much adult knowledge as educated and experienced and broadly exposed adults do.

I suspect your family keep your six years old sister out of the goings-on in the family, maybe even keeping her in some kind of a sterilized environment physically and morally.

Doesn't she watch television freely, at least? -- if she is not mixing freely with the folks and relatives and the neighbors?

I bring my children up by making available to them all access to what the family and home and people are about and doing; then I try to impress upon them my own values as they ask me questions and seek my advice on all kinds of matters.

Don't your parents bring your six years old kid with them to the market and anywhere where they have to use money?

Susma
UNQUOTE

Infern is not happy with my suggestion of a study for her, so she asked me to delete that suggestion message, which I maintained is a No, No; because it has always been my personal policy never to delete anything I put in message boards even however embarrassing or devastating to my image of myself.

She insisted and I declined; and I thought that she had gotten over that impulse to have my corpus delicti of a post deleted, and I even congratulated her on her conquest of herself in another thread of hers on "Jesus is God (lol)".

"That's incredible!" I think it was the day before yesterday I woke up to discover that my posts on this affair had disappeared, and on searching found them here in the Catcher section.

And I learned that the truth of the matter is since Infern could not convince me to delete my corpus delicti of a post, she succeeded in getting Lazarus, a power here, to transfer all those posts here.

Now we have three characters in the laboratory, Infern, Susma, and Lazarus. And what's the score?

The score is that every person -- here now playing my role as an armchair psychology researcher, has what I would call the persona publica and the persona privata dossiers.

We try to display our persona publica dossiers to the approval of others, but the persona privata is active and very sensitive; so that when the persona privata is disturbed by any actuation from people who deal with you on the basis of your persona publica, we go on the defensive and even take on the offensive.

So, now what?

Congratulations to myself, I now know Infern better and also Lazarus long, their personas publicas and their personas privatas, and of course myself better, namely: I believe in the policy of no deletion, no revision, and no relocation of a post once published already in public on the message board, not by the author and not by the powers that be of a board.

Sad to say there are few if any such kinds of boards in the web. So if I want to remain here, I just have to live with the personas privatas of the powers that be here and also the personas privatas of members here who every so often let their persona privata dictate their persona publica.

One last word:

This is pure Lazarus Long:
BTW, early on Susma you and I had a discussion concerning personal interchanges and when they border on being considered offensive. You have requested and insisted on posting things, which even though they are neither libelous or overtly offensive, you are well aware that they are perceived as offensive to the poster you are targeting.

My request to everyone here is to not perceive offense when you at most only experience discomfort owing to your persona privata being ruffled.

Hope this post does not get deleted.

Susma

#49 Lazarus Long

• Life Member, Guardian
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 12:26 AM

And I learned that the truth of the matter is since Infern could not convince me to delete my corpus delicti of a post, she succeeded in getting Lazarus, a power here, to transfer all those posts here.

Now we have three characters in the laboratory, Infern, Susma, and Lazarus. And what's the score?

First off I split the threads because the discussion above is totally off topic.

Second I moved them both out of Physics and Space as inappropriate to that forum.

As a minor point of reference the original thread is back on track but will remain in Open Discussion as it is to circuitous and actually still off topic.

Adi has not presented a theory but a hypothesis and the place to thrash that out is in Open Discussion where she perhaps familiarize herself with sufficient mathematical modeling an organizational proofs to actually convert her thoughts into a theory.

(Susma) This is pure Lazarus Long:

(Susma)
My request to everyone here is to not perceive offense when you at most only experience discomfort owing to your persona privata being ruffled.

You can ask Susma but what really matters is how your actions are perceived and for that exercise as you are the one making the subject personal so the burden of proof falls on you to moderate your action. The eye of the beholder becomes the determining factor and of course you could just not make it personal but you have already expressed yourself in that respect.

When anyone complains that they find you obsessing over them we will look at the dialog and make a determination based on the discourse at that time. I already made my comment with respect to this concern and for me the case is resolved up till now.

Please note that Adi did complain to me but the thread was already being watched and the first complaint came from within leadership over the decay of relevancy and inappropriateness of the discussion where it was located.

IOW we had determined to take some action even before her comments to us. The deliberation was over what action and now you know what it was. No warning was really required as the level of complaint with the dialog is self evident.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users