* * * * * 2 votes

NSI-189 2nd Group Buy

nsi 189

• Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

#271 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:41 AM

I found somebody who would be willing to run an NMR in exchange for a 10 g share, if paying 11% extra to ensure purity is agreeable to everyone.

Yeah, I’m down with that. I can spare about $100 right now—whatever that will get me. All I want is three or four grams. Y’all can keep the change. But can somebody post a primer for newbies on how group buys work? Enquiring minds want to know.

• Enjoying the show x 2

#272 mindpatch

• 120 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:49 AM

At that price I'm in., but if we run a purity test and it doesn't pass. . then what
  • Enjoying the show x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#273 chemicalambrosia

• 393 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:36 AM

I'm in for a group buy for 10 grams.

#274 dalack

• 68 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:57 PM

Seems fair to me

#275 ModusOperandi

• 37 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:13 PM

I can do 20-30g+11% only if it could be sent from UK or EU, like VLK Group buy. Finland customs will destroy all compunds coming outside the EU or UK. If from US is only option...i can maybe take a risk with 5 g.

#276 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:12 PM

But can somebody post a primer for newbies on how group buys work? Enquiring minds want to know.

Just go read the Dihexa group buy thread (the original one)...

#277 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:44 PM

I thought I did. I must be blind or retarded. I'll go read it again (without skimming it).

#278 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:17 PM

I thought I did. I must be blind or retarded. I'll go read it again (without skimming it).

Actually, it was the thread that was both blind and retarded. Sorry, I was being sarcastic... woke up on the jackass side of the bed this morning.
Here's the summary: you send somebody money. They buy something from a lab or bulk supplier and then send it to you.

That's how it works in principle, at least.

#279 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:29 PM

It’s all good. I didn’t even catch the intended sarcasm. I took it as straightforward info and was embarrassed that I was raising my hand to ask a question that the teachers had already answered. I’m going to read the whole thread very carefully after I get home from work tonight. I may be back with more questions, though.

#280 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 05:04 PM

Is there a list to get on for group buy? If so Mark me down for 8 grams. Thanks
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#281 NinefingerJoe

• 65 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:02 PM

What's our price range per gram?

#282 tsisaris

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:24 PM

I keep telling everyone that it's simple once someone credible tells me that they can verify and if necessary improve the purity of the batches sold by HHD and then redistribute them. We don't need a lot of people because the batch price on 500 grams is under $5 a gram. Why not just buy 50 grams minimum and we would only need about 10 people who pay about $250 each. After the loss due to purification and the cut that the analyst/purifier would take and the repackaging and shipping costs that leaves about 40 grams per person for $250
  • like x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#283 Anti_Apop

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:01 AM

I'd like to be in on the buy if it progresses!

#284 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:41 AM

So who's in charge?

#285 MetaMind

• 62 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:55 PM

It would be very cool if  ScienceGuy  could  lead this synthesis again coz he has access to lab equipment and has a high reputation here on Longecity.

Ohh and I also wanna join this group buy again.

• Agree x 1

#286 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:08 PM

I'd like to be on it too

#287 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:33 PM

After the loss due to purification and the cut that the analyst/purifier would take and the repackaging and shipping costs that leaves about 40 grams per person for $250

I can cough up $250. If I could get even 20 grams for that amount, I’d be over the Moon. I’ll contribute the other $125 toward the cost of purification and analysis.

#288 ModusOperandi

• 37 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:51 AM

I can do 40g for 250usd. Only that it needs to be sent from UK or other EU country, otherwise it will be destroyed by customs.

edit: I'm willing to pay 15€ for the trouble.

Edited by ModusOperandi, 19 March 2015 - 09:57 AM.

• Needs references x 1

#289 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:06 PM

I keep telling everyone that it's simple once someone credible tells me that they can verify and if necessary improve the purity of the batches sold by HHD and then redistribute them. We don't need a lot of people because the batch price on 500 grams is under $5 a gram. Why not just buy 50 grams minimum and we would only need about 10 people who pay about $250 each. After the loss due to purification and the cut that the analyst/purifier would take and the repackaging and shipping costs that leaves about 40 grams per person for $250

is this the way forward?

#290 oppenheimer82

• 54 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:19 PM

count me in for this  group buy please.

#291 chrisp2

• 166 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:10 PM

Count me in as well.

#292 telecity

• 7 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:52 PM

and me

#293 chemicalambrosia

• 393 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:28 PM

Count me in for this non-existent group buy that no one has stepped up to manage as well.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#294 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:52 PM

Look, I’ll spearhead the goddamned thing if nobody else will. It will take time, though. I bought a textbook on the subject of chemical analysis and am reading it right now. With only two semesters of chemistry under my belt however, my lips ain’t moving very fast.

• like x 2
  • Informative x 1

#295 tsisaris

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:33 AM

I have a year of inorganic, a year of organic, and a year of biochemistry and genetics. Also separate semester long courses on NMR, IR Spectroscopy, and GCMS. The issue is not knowledge it's having the lab space and all of the expensive specialized equipment required to do the analysis and the purification if necessary. No amount of knowledge can compensate for a lack of proper equipment. No offense but I don't want anyone with a textbook and a hotplate attempting this in their mom's basement. It just doesn't work that way.

#296 Meggo

• 93 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 05:14 AM

Count me in for 20g if the package is sent from inside the EU or UK.

#297 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 05:47 AM

I’m fully cognizant of this fact. And my mother has been deceased for quite some time. Even when she was alive, the last time she resided in a house that had a basement was in the late 1960s. If I were to obtain a large quantity of NSI-189, I would farm out the analysis. It just seemed prudent to me to know how to read and interpret the resultant report(s). It would also lend credibility to my role as ringmaster of this little circus (should the onerous task befall me) to be able to speak intelligently on the matter. Somebody who has taken semester-length courses on NMR spectroscopy, IR spectroscopy, and GCMS may very well be in the buying pool, and might want to ask me a question or two. Best not to look like a retard under circumstances such as those.

Believe me; I don’t want the fucking job. But if that’s what it’s going to take to get us some NSI-189, I’ll at least get the ball rolling. And I ain’t in this for profit. I’m not going to make a penny off this, or even skim the baggie for so much as a picogram of free product. As I’ve already indicated, I’ll pony up $125 toward the cost of purification and analysis. You bitches are going to have to ante up the rest. But this will be a completely transparent deal; everybody will get near-daily updates on what is going down and they’ll know what’s happening every step of the way. I’ll even pay for domestic shipping out of my own pocket. It won’t be anything fancy—just a Ziploc baggie inside a padded 5 X 7 bubble-wrap mailer. But at least you’ll be rest assured that you’ll be getting the maximum possible amount of product for your dollar.

• Informative x 2
  • like x 1

#298 NG_F

• 142 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 05:58 AM

I'm definitely in like before but our hopes got crushed.  I have access to a very good lab for chemical analysis in the U.S but I'm not sure if that does us any good. I'm sure it should be tested before the larger batch comes from across the sea.

I have a few addy's as well if that's a need/concern

I want good quality NSI for sure and am willing to do what it  takes, in cooperation with all others

• Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#299 MetaMind

• 62 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 01:26 PM

I ve a questions about:   NMR, IR Spectroscopy, and GCMS

Which one of those do we need to analyze the exact chemical compound and purity?

And what are the costs when doing it 3rd party analysis?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#300 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:13 PM

Exactly what I want to know too. Hopefully I'll have answers to both of those questions very shortly.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi 189

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users