* * * * * 2 votes

NSI-189 2nd Group Buy

nsi 189

• Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

#181 cATsE

• 56 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

Does anyone know the shelf life and/or heat, moisture, UV sensitivities of this compound?

I don't know, I was planning on shipping in small amber glass jars for those reasons, but I have no idea (yet?) how sensitive it is to these factors.

Moisture seem to be a problem, IIRC some people have reported how clumpy it becomes after only a few days.

It certainly is a big issue for me too, I might have to lower my amount if it turns out to be hard to store and degrades fast. Hope not...

Edited by cATsE, 04 September 2013 - 04:34 PM.

#182 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

I'm pretty sure it has retained most, if not all, of it's efficacy for 3+ weeks stored in a cool, dark, dry place, based on my experience with changing doses. But it does absorb moisture and I do wonder about the long term stabilityand also more extreme conditions. Especially shipping around the world in unstable conditions, including weather and shipping method.

Shipping in the amber glass containers is a really good idea. I guess another way to protect it (after receiving it) is to cap it into 30-40 mg doses. That may be hard, as it is very fluffy. Even though most users may prefer sublingual, that is easy to do with pre-measured capsules. Encapsulated, it is further protected from moisture, air, and UV, especially if the capsules are stored correctly.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#183 cyberger

• 136 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:48 AM

This is a semi-cross post, but I'm really hoping to get feedback on this idea because if it works, it might be the ticket to start this group buy, without worrying about fraud.

On the logistics thread, @Researchist and @H20 mentioned using an Escrow service. This is a good idea, but current Escrow services are for 1 party payments, not aggregating the results of lots of little payments.

SO WHAT IF A TRUSTED NOOTROPICS COMPANY PROVIDED AN ESCROW SERVICE?
Benefits:
1. They already have the infrastructure to collect lots of small payments
2. They've found payment processors who accept money used for nootropics, which not all payment processors allow
3. Maintaining their reputation means they won't just walk away with the money.

I wonder how much Ceretropic/NewStarNootropics/NootropicsDepot would charge for providing Escrow?

(Side note: It would be even cooler if a Nootropics company provided a kickstarter model, where with enough participants they would buy/test/ship the compound to individuals).

Thoughts?
  • like x 1

#184 iwant

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:06 AM

I'd like to join this. Not sure how much. Perhaps 2 grams is sufficient.

#185 JASOG888

• 107 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

I'm in for 5 grams please.

#186 Babychris

• 466 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

I'm in for 3 grams. Thank you very much.

#187 Timothy

• 66 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:08 PM

Hi,

I'm in for 10 grams. I cannot seem to post to the group chat. Does anyone know how long this lasts while sealed?

Thank you,
-Tim

#188 Plasticperson

• 246 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:44 AM

im in for 2 grams.. where do we sign up?

#189 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:43 PM

Are we getting anywhere?

#190 cyberger

• 136 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

Are we getting anywhere?

Yes, we have enough interest to buy at $32/gram. We've been trying to find a good payment method, but that was just finalized. So the order should be starting pretty soon.

You can join the group here: http://www.longecity...si189-groupbuy/

You and you can follow along with with payment and logistics here: http://www.longecity...-and-logistics/

#191 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

Are we getting anywhere?

Yes, we have enough interest to buy at $32/gram. We've been trying to find a good payment method, but that was just finalized. So the order should be starting pretty soon.

You and you can follow along with with payment and logistics here: http://www.longecity...-and-logistics/

That's terrific ;)

#192 SofaScud

• 8 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:31 AM

If it still possible, I am in for 5 grams.

#193 genesis187

• 10 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:08 AM

12.5g is the amount I would like to purchase for testing.

#194 researchist

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:30 AM

This is from back in April. I had not seen it before. It seems to me that the statements made
here and in the article indicate that maybe NeuralStem thinks that NSI-189 will grow neurons in other areas of the brain than the hippocampus. I seem to have missed that in other reading.

Neuralstem, Inc. also announced "that it is working with the National Football League Alumni Association (NFLAA), based in Newark, NJ, to develop a trial for treating NFL alumni members suffering from traumatic brain injuries (TBI), with NSI-189, the lead compound in the company's neurogenic drug platform. NSI-189, currently in a Phase Ib clinical trial to treat major depressive disorder (MDD), appears to work by stimulating neurons in the hippocampus, a region of the brain that atrophies in depression and which could also be implicated in brain injury. Neuralstem believes that pre-clinical work, in which NSI-189 stimulated new neuron formation in multiple animal models, as well as data from the current trial in humans, will be applicable to a potential study of NSI-189 in the treatment of TBI symptoms."

http://blog.cottonwo...trial-test.html

#195 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:58 AM

I'd like to be in for 5 grams, however I'm uncertain of what the exact cost would be?
From the other thread it would seem 5 grams costs $363. From this thread, $32 x 5 = $160.
The latter to me seems very acceptable. If anything, I'd be in for less if necessary (no more than 150 total), should the price prove to be higher.
Feel free to PM me, thank you!

#196 moonguy42

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

Please count me in for the group buy.

#197 Wu Hang

• 71 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

Are we getting anywhere?

That's terrific ;)

any payment method which can utilize paypal would be good enough for me, It's more towards convenience and tracking record rather than general safety. Either way sounds good now

#198 karlthecool

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

I'm in for 10 grams please!

#199 PAM2

• 63 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

Hi all, I would be in for 10 grams!

#200 vlk

• Life Member
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

Please count me in for the group buy.

I'm in for 10 grams please!

Hi all, I would be in for 10 grams!

Please join the group http://www.longecity...si189-groupbuy/

It makes it a bit easier for me to organise, and allows me to message everyone with important updates.
I have paid the lab now, so they will be starting the synthesis as soon as all the raw materials arrive, but there should be enough NSI-189 left for you and a few more people.

#201 brand2

• 22 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:19 AM

In for 5 grams! Thanks!
  • dislike x 1

#202 typ3z3r0

• 93 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:22 AM

In for 5 grams! Thanks!

*facepalm* Look at what he posted before you. Join the group and post the amount in here.

Edited by typ3z3r0, 17 October 2013 - 02:24 AM.

• like x 1

#203 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

We weren't expecting to get asked into a group buy, so that definitely threw Paul and I for a loop. I'm part of the hidden thread now. Our answer right now is maybe. I need to PM Scienceguy (and a couple others) about a few things. There are also people both comfortable and uncomfortable with going with another lab entirely, which could or could not complicate things. Helping this community out with this is still in the cards, but I need to do some PM's because that will help elucidate the situation and hopefully help get this GB advanced a bit faster.

- Jason

It makes it a bit easier for me to organise, and allows me to message everyone with important updates.
I have paid the lab now, so they will be starting the synthesis as soon as all the raw materials arrive, but there should be enough NSI-189 left for you and a few more people.

Hi Everyone,

I would just like to make very clear that I am not involved in any regard whatsoever with this GROUP BUY.

Due to some unwarranted false accusations and allegations that have recently been made against me in another thread (specifically that I am somehow in cahoots with a certain CHEMIST and CUSTOM SYNTHESIS LAB and seeking to monopolize the custom synthesis of nootropics on LONGECITY, even though the multiple GROUP BUYS that I am currently involved with I was in fact requested to help with by the respective OP and did not 'GATECRASH' the party so to speak) I am needing to distance myself from GROUP BUYS for a while; and let other fine ladies and gentlemen carry the torch without my involvement regarding these... ;)

VLK has sent me a PM asking me to confirm to you all that he has paid the CUSTOM SYNTHESIS LAB he is using so as to reassure everyone that there is no likelihood of any fraud happening; wherein, I have only just discovered via VLK's PM message that he is using the very same CHEMIST and CUSTOM SYNTHESIS LAB whom I have used previously more than once and with whom I have recently been falsely accused of being in cahoots with... As such, I have no possible way of knowing whether he has or whether he hasn't paid the lab, but it is highly improbable he would have asked me this if he hadn't. :)

Personally, I am of the view that the more REPUTABLE CUSTOM SYNTHESIS LABS that manifest to provide supply of LEADING EDGE NOOTROPICS in response to the significant demand, the better... IMO competition is healthy, drives prices downwards whilst also motivating high quality of product be maintained... Therefore, it is great to hear of the birth of other labs like JASON's wherein it would be very good indeed if they transpire to produce quality products, and IMO the sooner we have more reputable labs to choose from the better ;)

Furthermore, LONGECITY MEMBERS like VLK and YADAYADA and whoever else steps up to manage and spearhead GROUP BUYS should be commended; as the sooner we have more people who are trusted within the LONGECITY COMMUNITY to run these, the better for everyone... and if it happens to come out of this that it becomes abundantly clear that I in fact do NOT have some evil scheme to monopolize the custom synthesis of NOOTROPICS as part of a master-plan to take over the universe then that would be great too... :)

Edited by ScienceGuy, 18 October 2013 - 07:45 AM.

• like x 12

#204 Rior

• 279 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

It's downright absurd to me that anyone would accuse you (ScienceGuy) of trying to scheme or monopolize the research/group buy nootropic market on Longecity.

To those of you unaware, perhaps those of you who have NOT been members of this forum for an extended period of time, ScienceGuy has been probably the single most helpful, altruistic member on these boards of anyone. He has put in enormous amounts of time and effort to help further and advance the science of life-enhancement, for NO PERSONAL GAIN whatsoever. Between GIVING AWAY samples of Coluracetam for FREE (which HE HIMSELF had synthesized for a very large (cannot emphasize this part enough) monetary cost which he himself took care of--exclusively); ORGANIZING and directing group buys for which, other than also receiving the substance himself, he has gained no other variety of compensation; and contributing the MASSIVE amount of information in the form of organized threads dealing with complex issues such as anxiety (his anxiety thread is enooooooooooormously long and helpful) I think it is downright absurd and unfounded to say he is attempting to scheme anyone in any way, shape or form.

ScienceGuy, I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with these issues brought forth by people. As always, there will still be the many of us that thank you for your tremendous contributions to these boards, and in some indirect cases, to our lives.

To those of you knocking him, knock it off. Do some research into who you're talking about here before you cause unfounded trouble and insult.
  • like x 9

#205 empedocles

• 42 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

Wow , i didn't even think it was possible for people to be so mean spirited and back stabbing (and i am in academia!), to be honest accusing someone of monopolizing the custom synthesis of new and novel compounds seems a rather absurd accusation... its not like new and novel nootropics are simply falling out of the sky or appear as if by magic online for retail... someone has to do it, monopolize away IMO...
  • like x 2

#206 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

You would be surprised when it comes to material benefit, what people would do. But, it's all based on fictitious reasoning, so nevermind. I'm still wondering who is the supplier for the second group buy. For the matter, I'm still happy ScienceGuy is helping in whatever manner he can with our group buys. Thank you!
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#207 tritium

• 384 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

I have only just discovered via VLK's PM message that he is using the very same CHEMIST and CUSTOM SYNTHESIS LAB whom I have used previously more than once and with whom I have recently been falsely accused of being in cahoots with... As such, I have no possible way of knowing whether he has or whether he hasn't paid the lab, but it is highly improbable he would have asked me this if he hadn't.

I thought you were the one who gave him information about the lab you used. Anyways, maybe you could just give the lab a call to find out?
  • dislike x 1

#208 spookytooth

• 211 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

I have only just discovered via VLK's PM message that he is using the very same CHEMIST and CUSTOM SYNTHESIS LAB whom I have used previously more than once and with whom I have recently been falsely accused of being in cahoots with... As such, I have no possible way of knowing whether he has or whether he hasn't paid the lab, but it is highly improbable he would have asked me this if he hadn't.

I thought you were the one who gave him information about the lab you used. Anyways, maybe you could just give the lab a call to find out?

The lab is certainly not going to give him any information about any of their customers.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#209 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:41 AM

With the utmost respect, NO I didn't; and NO I can't.... I suggest that you might like to please kindly RE-READ first part of my above post as I already have explained why I can't do this... :|?

And for your information THIS is the conversation I had with VLK wherein, he sent me a PM :

Hi ScienceGuy,

I am currently trying to organise the 2nd group buy of NSI-189. I think everyone would be happy to use the same lab as the first group buy if possible.

I was just contacted by XXXXXXX who claims to be the the one who synthesised the 200g of NSI-189 for the original group buy.

Can you confirm this?

Thanks,
vlk

CONFIRMED ;)

So you see, all I did was to confirm who was the CHEMIST who works for the SYNTHESIS LAB that I used for the first CUSTOM SYNTHESIS of NSI-189 :)

I never in fact visited this thread until YESTERDAY and consequently I had no way of knowing which LAB everyone subsequently agreed to actually proceed with ;)

So with respect, I did NOT do as you accuse... and for numerous reasons, including the reasons already stated very clearly above I CANNOT do as you ask; wherein, you should take note of what SPOOKYTOOTH astutely observes in his post above, since he is quite CORRECT :|o

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#210 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:31 AM

We weren't expecting to get asked into a group buy, so that definitely threw Paul and I for a loop. I'm part of the hidden thread now. Our answer right now is maybe. I need to PM Scienceguy (and a couple others) about a few things. There are also people both comfortable and uncomfortable with going with another lab entirely, which could or could not complicate things. Helping this community out with this is still in the cards, but I need to do some PM's because that will help elucidate the situation and hopefully help get this GB advanced a bit faster.

- Jason

Hi Everyone,

I would just like to make very clear that I am not involved in any regard whatsoever with this GROUP BUY.

Due to some unwarranted false accusations and allegations that have recently been made against me in another thread (specifically that I am somehow in cahoots with a certain CHEMIST and CUSTOM SYNTHESIS LAB and seeking to monopolize the custom synthesis of nootropics on LONGECITY, even though the multiple GROUP BUYS that I am currently involved with I was in fact requested to help with by the respective OP and did not 'GATECRASH' the party so to speak) I am needing to distance myself from GROUP BUYS for a while; and let other fine ladies and gentlemen carry the torch without my involvement regarding these... ;)

VLK has sent me a PM asking me to confirm to you all that he has paid the CUSTOM SYNTHESIS LAB he is using so as to reassure everyone that there is no likelihood of any fraud happening; wherein, I have only just discovered via VLK's PM message that he is using the very same CHEMIST and CUSTOM SYNTHESIS LAB whom I have used previously more than once and with whom I have recently been falsely accused of being in cahoots with... As such, I have no possible way of knowing whether he has or whether he hasn't paid the lab, but it is highly improbable he would have asked me this if he hadn't. :)

Personally, I am of the view that the more REPUTABLE CUSTOM SYNTHESIS LABS that manifest to provide supply of LEADING EDGE NOOTROPICS in response to the significant demand, the better... IMO competition is healthy, drives prices downwards whilst also motivating high quality of product be maintained... Therefore, it is great to hear of the birth of other labs like JASON's wherein it would be very good indeed if they transpire to produce quality products, and IMO the sooner we have more reputable labs to choose from the better ;)

Furthermore, LONGECITY MEMBERS like VLK and YADAYADA and whoever else steps up to manage and spearhead GROUP BUYS should be commended; as the sooner we have more people who are trusted within the LONGECITY COMMUNITY to run these, the better for everyone... and if it happens to come out of this that it becomes abundantly clear that I in fact do NOT have some evil scheme to monopolize the custom synthesis of NOOTROPICS as part of a master-plan to take over the universe then that would be great too... :)

To clarify,

I personally want to get NSI-189 to those who are interested. I also want it orchestrated to where analyses are done so that consumers know that their powder is safe, which seems, so far to be the route we're headed.

Colmerics Analytics can provide a 3rd party analysis in the US if anybody is worried over it. Or, the community can choose another 3rd party to do the analysis.

I personally want to get people pure products. I was a very small part of this particular orchestration, but I'am willing to finish it with empirical results if that's what the community is lacking.
  • like x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi 189

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users