c60 mercury

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Lukey

• 21 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:17 PM

I'm a male, age 62.

I bought some C60 in olive oil from owndoc.com. I'm wondering if this would be contra indicated for someone that has or had Mercury toxicity. I've chleated for 2-3 years using A H Cutler PhD's safe methods with ALA [alpha lipoic acid] and have gotten better from it.

Would I be wise to use C60? I've had a history of falling for things that I later learned I shouldn't have, but this seems promising.

I hope someone will help me decide what to do, if anything, with the C60 I bought, and if not, maybe I can sell it to someone in the USA. I won't open it unless I'm sure I'm going to use it. I'd rather lose $30 than risk C60 doing me harm.

More about me :

I quit smoking 27 years ago. I don't drink. I eat mostly organic carnivorous whole foods. I exercise and stay well hydrated. I make my own probiotic foods. I do colon hydrotherapy. I've had Hep C for 30 years but am in good general health. I go to a gym 3x a week.

Thank you. I'm not sure if I could decide based on all this info, so I'm hoping I can pick the brains of some of you.

Lukey

Edited by Lukey, 25 June 2013 - 02:45 PM.

#2 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

Click on my profile picture for my experience with it.
  • like x 2

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Lukey

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

Very interesting.

I was wondering if C60 could cause any ireversible effects. If someone has undiagnosed cancer, would C60 make it worse, and if so, would there be any reversing of it if C60 was dicontinued?

#4 Lukey

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

Is 4 mg of C60oo per week a typical dose?

#5 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

Very interesting.

I was wondering if C60 could cause any ireversible effects. If someone has undiagnosed cancer, would C60 make it worse, and if so, would there be any reversing of it if C60 was dicontinued?

I also went into that on my profile page--"8. C60 and cancer"

Also, the effect of C60 on cancer has been discussed here more than once. See here, for instance. The short answer is that it appears to suppress cancer.

As for the dosage, people are all over the map. See the C60 poll.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 25 June 2013 - 07:41 PM.

• like x 1

#6 Lukey

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:04 PM

Thank you very much. I see that you're close to the same age as I am.

I did read the whole report of yours, including the part about cancers. The technical talk I'd been reading earlier was doing nothing much more than confusing me.

I've gotten into trouble by taking things that my Cutler program Mercury Chelation friends didn't approve of before. For instance, I recently took Colosan colon cleanse for a week or so and got a bad stomach ache from it for some reason. Some of my friends told me to NOT take Colosan, which oxidizes debris in the GI tract from the mouth to the colon. It can be great for people with debris in the GI tract but once the debris is oxidized (which seems to be what happened to me) then it seemed to cause me to get a very uncomfortable stomach for a day or so. The seller of it said I was the 1st in thousands of people he sold Colosan to to have anything like that happen to them. :)

I have a very unique body chemistry, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Thanks for the links. I will definitly look into them.
I bought C60 because so far my dealings with Sarah Vaughter have been very good and I tend to think that anything she sells should be OK or better.

Lukey

Edited by Lukey, 25 June 2013 - 10:32 PM.

#7 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

Based on the animal results that we know of, it looks like c60 started early in life is a potent cancer preventive. AgeVivo started giving c60 to 18 month-old mice, which is like late middle age. Two of them are doing well a year later, when they might be expected to have died. However, one of them died not too long after it started getting c60. It had a lung tumor. Because of the timing, everyone thinks the mouse had a pre-existing cancer. Did c60 make it worse, or would the mouse have died even sooner without c60? No one knows. The effect of c60-oo on existing cancer is a large unknown. If I knew I had cancer, I would not take c60, based on what I know today. That could change in the future, pending new data.

If you don't take a crazy high dose of c60, then the effects will fade in several weeks if you stop taking it. You mentioned 4mg/week- That's high enough to see the effects (to the extent you will feel anything), but low enough that you could back out in about a month. I would not anticipate any interaction with mercury. We had a guy who was using 350mg/week, and one who maxed out at about 1000mg in a week, if he stuck to his program. I take 30mg once a month, at the moment.
  • like x 1

#8 Lukey

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

Thank you both. This is very interesting.

I may give some C60 to my two cats too. I feed them raw meats only and they are really healthy. Cubby is about 3 and Lukey is about 7, both neutered male house cats.

#9 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

This time you have fallen for possibly the most effective life extension substance yet found Lukey.
You have also stumbled across a forum full of very knowledgeable people that don't fall for any BS whatsoever, ever!

Welcome to the forum. :)

#10 Lukey

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:39 PM

This time you have fallen for possibly the most effective life extension substance yet found Lukey.
You have also stumbled across a forum full of very knowledgeable people that don't fall for any BS whatsoever, ever!

Welcome to the forum. :)

Thank you!

I found this site when I googled for info on C60, and after a day or so, I decided I wanted to reguster and get in on more of this info.

If I had a nickel for every time I'd gotten excited about some supplement and later had to quit using it due to side effects, I could probably pay for a bottle of C60. Still, I need to keep an open mind to new things.

I don't even go to MDs any more. I eat real well and I take great care of myself. I don't think I have cancer and I don't want to get a bunch of expensive tests so the MDs can look for a flaw in me the size of a grain of sand and try to make a fortune on it. :)

I believe wellness can be achieved without having to go to an MD to tell you your blood levels of lipids, minerals, etc.

Yes, the people here seem very intelligent, more so than I am. This is more than a bunch of men trying to build muscle at the speed of sound.

Edited by Lukey, 25 June 2013 - 10:41 PM.

#11 Lukey

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:37 AM

PS - I became very interested in C60oo at owndoc.com, then after I googled it, I found this website, and when I saw that C60 has it's own section here, I realized there must be a lot more to know about C60. Sounds pretty amazing, it really does, and I'm just crazy enough to want to experiment with something like C60oo, or, at least my friends might say I am. Now I'm going back to check out those links some more. :)

#12 Lukey

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:49 AM

I saw in the C60 poll that Liver Failure and Kidney Failure are in the questions but no one got them.
Is there a chance one might get this from using C60?

#13 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:50 AM

I saw in the C60 poll that Liver Failure and Kidney Failure are in the questions but no one got them.
Is there a chance one might get this from using C60?

No. If anything, c60 should prevent liver problems. It would probably prevent at least some kinds of kidney problems as well, or at least ameliorate them.
  • like x 1

#14 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:54 AM

Lukey, C60/oo and possible reaction with mercury was discussed here and again here. Don't know if that user continues to use c60/oo but the kidney discomfort reported, which may not have been related to taking c60/oo, sounds like it was temporary.

Howard

#15 taho

• 51 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

Nothing jumps out in your description that would make me not recommend using it.

You must understand that practically nothing is known about usage in humans, but theoretically it should be ok. Educate yourself. Go through this section and you will get pretty good idea what you are dealing with. If you are healthy you should not see any big short term effects and this is ok. Maybe you will get more stamina in the gym, so beware of overextension and injury from that.

Placebo effect can be strong with this one. Good luck.

#16 Lukey

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:03 AM

Hi,

Based on what I've learned so far on C60oo, I plan to begin at very small dose, like say, a drop a week or so, just to lessen my chances of SFX.

Does this sound like a safe idea?

I like this forum. I was actually looking for a good forum on the cutting edge of supplements. I don't like to take a ton of supplements but there are some that can be really beneficial and I'd like to learn which ones.

I don't believe in taking isolated amino acids, but I do take 1-2 tsps of plain gelatin every day.

Another thing I find necessary and beneficial is 1/4 tsp of Magnesium citrate powder in water 2-3x a day which is equal to 315 to 465 mg of Mg.

I like to keep it simple and eat high quality food and take enzymes to digest it. I use a lot of coconut oil.

I'm going to resume taking Lithium Orotate or Aspartate.

Lukey

#17 Lukey

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

I received my C60 a few days ago from owndoc.com but I haven't taken any yet. I'm heistant but I don't know why.
I guess I should read some more on it for a while.

Lukey

#18 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

Maybe try just a drop or two? You've probably had a tiny bit of it if you've ever eaten barbequed meat. C60 is formed whenever carbon is burned, and you have triglycerides for it to react with, in the form of fat.

Edited by niner, 11 July 2013 - 09:20 PM.

#19 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:47 PM

I've taken about 4 liters of the stuff over the past year, but then again, I've taken a fair amount of omega-3s over the past few years also...
  • like x 1

#20 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:18 AM

4 liters? Wow, that's a lot. I've had maybe half a liter since last fall, but most of that was less than the usual concentration. (more like 0.5mg/ml)

#21 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

I certainly understand your conflict: one of the problems, I suspect, lies in the contrast between norms of the internet world and real life: particularly in domains where we have little knowledge. The internet pools people together of, at times, obscure interests and seduces within us a sense of normality within that community. Last year I became interested in fasting - I undertook a 7 day water-fast, this was fairly draw-dropping to the inhabitants of my real-life world, yet on the fasting forums it wouldn’t have seemed to be a noteworthy fast - there were guys climbing everest, doing 30 day fasts and I was at base-camp. I recall one guy saying he just completed a ‘quick 7-day fast’: I felt a little belittled! The contrast between the virtual and real-world communities was stark: probably more so here.

Of course, I would be confident of doing longer fasts knowing there are people ploughing tougher fields: advanced parties as it were. Fasting, of course, has a history, (although not extensively researched within the science community but that is changing). And well, when I say knowing there are people ploughing the fields, therein lies the problem, I am trusting in the judgement of people I’ve never met or spoken to. Nevertheless, it is a judgement and mostly, a reasonable one, I suspect.

The key question is: what is the cost in delay. This is down to each individual’s risk profile One year in human trials we can probably conclude the water, at least, in the c60 pool is warm. But if we’re holding back because we want the bacterial water analysis results of the pool-water, we’ll probably be waiting a long time: it’s hard to imagine we are going to receive the news within a couple years that c60 is safe for people - only that we are more confident it is safer. But in waiting, for the short term, we might receive news that will actively discourage us from taking c60, but probably nothing, I can imagine, that will in a highly significant way clinch us into stepping in the breach. I defer though, to better judgement, if that’s not the case.

Since it is early stages, one would imagine there is much to be learnt in one year (doubling the length of current human trials): how significant is the value of that information, against one additional year of aging? The cost of a year of age depends on the individual. Being non-technical, I at least struggle to grasp what it is that it is likely to emerge. As I pointed out in one post, it is difficult to establish entry-level criteria - but I’ve probably reached a decision.

I would say that in age at least, you are comparable in risk profile to the likes of niner and turnbuckle. Their judgement to take c60 could be completely wrong, (expert judgement in life isn’t often flawed); but you know in these guys their judgement is sophisticated, non-casual and they are extremely mindful about their health, probably more than anyone you or I know. But all of us are prone to cognitive biases which tend to distort risk and human judgement in this sphere is pretty poor.

In summary, I would think, if you are waiting for information to put you off taking c60 then there is some value in waiting but conversely, if you’re holding back waiting for rubber-stamped approval, a grand statement before taking the plunge then I suspect you will wait a long time: at least that is how I see it. I stand to be corrected, though.

My advice is very broad-brushed (I have no knowledge in this field) and there are very many better qualified than I to advise you. No doubt you could find a community of experts in the medical world who would think it highly irrational to take c60 at this stage (as one could infer from one poster’s interaction within the medical field on this forum): it is very tough to be objective and your (and my) worldview could change easily with exposure to a different community of thinking. For the better? Who knows? Good luck.

Edited by ambivalent, 12 July 2013 - 01:56 PM.

• like x 5

#22 Lukey

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

Hi,

I took 4 drops of C60 twice yesterday and had insomnia last night. That's the only way it seems to have affected me so far.
  • like x 1

#23 free10

• 152 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

I certainly understand your conflict: one of the problems, I suspect, lies in the contrast between norms of the internet world and real life: particularly in domains where we have little knowledge. The internet pools people together of, at times, obscure interests and seduces within us a sense of normality within that community. Last year I became interested in fasting - I undertook a 7 day water-fast, this was fairly draw-dropping to the inhabitants of my real-life world, yet on the fasting forums it wouldn’t have seemed to be a noteworthy fast - there were guys climbing everest, doing 30 day fasts and I was at base-camp. I recall one guy saying he just completed a ‘quick 7-day fast’: I felt a little belittled! The contrast between the virtual and real-world communities was stark: probably more so here.

Of course, I would be confident of doing longer fasts knowing there are people ploughing tougher fields: advanced parties as it were. Fasting, of course, has a history, (although not extensively researched within the science community but that is changing). And well, when I say knowing there are people ploughing the fields, therein lies the problem, I am trusting in the judgement of people I’ve never met or spoken to. Nevertheless, it is a judgement and mostly, a reasonable one, I suspect.

The key question is: what is the cost in delay. This is down to each individual’s risk profile One year in human trials we can probably conclude the water, at least, in the c60 pool is warm. But if we’re holding back because we want the bacterial water analysis results of the pool-water, we’ll probably be waiting a long time: it’s hard to imagine we are going to receive the news within a couple years that c60 is safe for people - only that we are more confident it is safer. But in waiting, for the short term, we might receive news that will actively discourage us from taking c60, but probably nothing, I can imagine, that will in a highly significant way clinch us into stepping in the breach. I defer though, to better judgement, if that’s not the case.

Since it is early stages, one would imagine there is much to be learnt in one year (doubling the length of current human trials): how significant is the value of that information, against one additional year of aging? The cost of a year of age depends on the individual. Being non-technical, I at least struggle to grasp what it is that it is likely to emerge. As I pointed out in one post, it is difficult to establish entry-level criteria - but I’ve probably reached a decision.

I would say that in age at least, you are comparable in risk profile to the likes of niner and turnbuckle. Their judgement to take c60 could be completely wrong, (expert judgement in life isn’t often flawed); but you know in these guys their judgement is sophisticated, non-casual and they are extremely mindful about their health, probably more than anyone you or I know. But all of us are prone to cognitive biases which tend to distort risk and human judgement in this sphere is pretty poor.

In summary, I would think, if you are waiting for information to put you off taking c60 then there is some value in waiting but conversely, if you’re holding back waiting for rubber-stamped approval, a grand statement before taking the plunge then I suspect you will wait a long time: at least that is how I see it. I stand to be corrected, though.

My advice is very broad-brushed (I have no knowledge in this field) and there are very many better qualified than I to advise you. No doubt you could find a community of experts in the medical world who would think it highly irrational to take c60 at this stage (as one could infer from one poster’s interaction within the medical field on this forum): it is very tough to be objective and your (and my) worldview could change easily with exposure to a different community of thinking. For the better? Who knows? Good luck.

You talking about the fasting and how those in the real world reacted reminded me of an interview with Dick Gregory comic and activist and him talking about his first political fast/hunger strike in the 60-70s. In the first days of it he held a press conference and told the reporters he had stopped eating (he was drinking lots of water though). Well the reporters were shock and started asking him how long he thought he had before his DEATH. They were so insistent that it would kill him he got worried, even though he had gotten an OK from his doctor to do it. With the press conference over he called his doctor more than a little worried and the doctor asked him one question. How do you feel? He said great and lots of energy and his doctor told him theirs your answer. Things don't change much and ignorance is everywhere.

On the subject of to take C60 or not it may not be about lifespan directly as some of us have noticed benefits such as a large resistance to burns and other odd little bonuses, that seem to come from taking it. I burn one and then the other hand with the flame of propane torch, in days of starting it and other than extreme pain for about 4 hours it did not react like any burn I have ever seen. You couldn't tell by looking I had burned them and not even pain or soreness after about 6 hours. In a week or two I notice those areas felt different to the touch and hard and cracking and I peeled this up, and underneath this plasticly surface skin beginning to crack and come up it looked more like baby skin, and I am 65. A few months later I burned the back of my hand in an oven while cooking. Pain for hours, but nothing afterword. This summer in 100 degree heat at an altitude of 4,000 feet where I live I went out in my Tshirt, with pale white skin and no tan for 2 hours with my weedeater and came back in. No sunburn and within hours a tan was showing up, and I have not tanned that fast and easy since I was a young child.

In my view it is safer to have it in you then not, even if no extension of lifespan results from aging, and maybe a lot safer.

#24 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

Hi free,

Yes I remember reading the account of your injury-healing: quite remarkable. I am certainly inclined to wonder whether the healing rates will persist with c60 (without wishing you to repeat the experiment!) - there certainly appears an initial spike in c60s efficacy on a number of axis which appears to fade somewhat, is it also the case with healing burns say? As I recall the c60-spike was evidenced anecdotally with agevivo's mice who were hanging from the top of the cage, I believe, after the initial dose. It seems the body normalises itself. Still I suppose if I were suddenly 20 years younger, I'd only want to cartwheel for so long!

With fasting at least we can interpolate, as long as we are not an outlier we can feel safe within the normal distribution of fasting - but with c60 we are extrapolating - creating the distribution. Still it is pretty amazing that thus far the negatives lie in the theoretical domain. I'd certainly like to learn more about the likelihood and implications of down-regulation of the immune system.

Take care - be careful not to contribute too many more points to the 'efficacy of c60oo on burns' distribution :-)

Oh by the way rereading my post there was a typo: (expert judgement in life is often flawed)

#25 free10

• 152 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:15 AM

Hi free,

Yes I remember reading the account of your injury-healing: quite remarkable. I am certainly inclined to wonder whether the healing rates will persist with c60 (without wishing you to repeat the experiment!) - there certainly appears an initial spike in c60s efficacy on a number of axis which appears to fade somewhat, is it also the case with healing burns say? As I recall the c60-spike was evidenced anecdotally with agevivo's mice who were hanging from the top of the cage, I believe, after the initial dose. It seems the body normalises itself. Still I suppose if I were suddenly 20 years younger, I'd only want to cartwheel for so long!

With fasting at least we can interpolate, as long as we are not an outlier we can feel safe within the normal distribution of fasting - but with c60 we are extrapolating - creating the distribution. Still it is pretty amazing that thus far the negatives lie in the theoretical domain. I'd certainly like to learn more about the likelihood and implications of down-regulation of the immune system.

Take care - be careful not to contribute too many more points to the 'efficacy of c60oo on burns' distribution :-)

Oh by the way rereading my post there was a typo: (expert judgement in life is often flawed)

Just remember, I suffered tremendous pain for about 4 hours each time from the torch flame burns, so that makes you not want to do that again. I have never been a fan of even minor burns and luckily have not really had a problem getting burns most of my life though I guess the odds caught up with me twice in a few days. Good timing though it seems on when they did happen.

On the immune system I have a hyperactive one from ankylosing spondylitis and it feels like my immune system goes up some when I take a dose and then subsides over the next day or two. On initial reaction to it hours after taking the first dose I had lots of power and energy, but that only lasted about 6 hours or so and was pretty much gone by the next day, and I was back to struggling to get around. Never have had that reaction again to it regardless of dose or how often I took it. It almost felt like I was flooded with a lot of testosterone for those hours. A few months back I decided to try Sunifiram and Noopept and those seem to really wake me up, and it lasted for weeks and then seemed to fade away. Rats LOL

I plan on keeping on taking the C60, if for no other reason it does seem to have some positive effects, and it is little effort to take every so many days or once a week or more apart, and it cost so so very little when you make it yourself and use small amounts every so often. I stopped the nootropics 10-14 days ago but have some left and will see if they start working again after laying off them. Have a good one.

#26 Chrissy1

• 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:29 AM

http://www.ncbi.nlm....ctid185711title

Can anyone comment on the article linked above? Thanks.
  • like x 1

#27 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

http://www.ncbi.nlm....ctid185711title

Can anyone comment on the article linked above? Thanks.

Suspension of particles in saline solution or corn oil yielded a similar extent of genotoxicity, whereas corn oil per se generated more genotoxicity than the particles.

#28 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

On the immune system I have a hyperactive one from ankylosing spondylitis and it feels like my immune system goes up some when I take a dose and then subsides over the next day or two.

You might want to consider low dose naltrexone for taming your immune system overreaction.

#29 free10

• 152 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

On the immune system I have a hyperactive one from ankylosing spondylitis and it feels like my immune system goes up some when I take a dose and then subsides over the next day or two.

You might want to consider low dose naltrexone for taming your immune system overreaction.

OK thanks for bringing this to my attention. I am fairly sure my Doc can not prescribe it through the VA, but I need to see if he will prescribe me meds I can buy outside the VA supplied routines when I see him again in about 11 days. I will find away to give it a try in small amounts, so thanks again. In the last month or less I have gone to 3 or 4 drops of C60-OO a day and my immune system doesn't seem to notice it as much if at all compared to a 1/4 of a teaspoon or more, just once a week or every 10 days.

#30 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:14 PM

Hi,

I took 4 drops of C60 twice yesterday and had insomnia last night. That's the only way it seems to have affected me so far.

Agreed. Mild Insomnia is the only side effect I noticed. It's noteworthy because I have had insomnia maybe 5 times in 38 years.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, mercury

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users