• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Piracetam efficacy - appreciable effect for you?

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

Poll: Piracetam efficacy - appreciable effect for you? (305 member(s) have cast votes)

Piracetam efficacy - appreciable effect for you?

1. Yes - it improved my lucidity (47 votes [16.15%])

Percentage of vote: 16.15%

2. Yes - it improved my lucidity and recall (108 votes [37.11%])

Percentage of vote: 37.11%

3. I had better results with ani/oxi/prami-recetam (20 votes [6.87%])

Percentage of vote: 6.87%

4. No - I felt no appreciable effects (40 votes [13.75%])

Percentage of vote: 13.75%

5. Ummm maybe, not really sure... ahhh, what was the question? (22 votes [7.56%])

Percentage of vote: 7.56%

6. I have never tried piracetam (47 votes [16.15%])

Percentage of vote: 16.15%

7. Piracetam is for girls - I mainline Toilet Duck (7 votes [2.41%])

Percentage of vote: 2.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 jeromewilson

• 153 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:02 PM

Having just started taking piracetam (my second day @ 800mg hourly x 6) the results of this poll will be pretty interesting for me, especially as I've got a rather large batch of the stuff winging it's way to me at this very moment (there's nothing like careful investigation before making an investment [wis]). Apologies if it seems a bit old hat / pointless to the veterans out there.

Obviously you're not going to be able to draw any rock solid conclusions from the results, given the variables - placebo effect, did they find the right dose, did they give it enough time, did they get a bad batch (heavy metal contamination? ;) ) - but it could be interesting. Anyway, please vote and add a comment or two on your experiences [thumb]

#2 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:10 PM

I think it works...but again it might be placebo ;))

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 mnosal

• 123 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:43 PM

I've been "on" for 1.5yrs now and will continue long after obtain my degree. At 3.6g Piracetam with 200mg AlphaGPC per/day, I have maintained a 4.0 GPA while working 40hrs a week as well. I would never be able to stay alert and absorb evening lectures after working outside in the elements all day without it.

I'm definitely a believer and I hope it works for you too(just make sure you use choline along with it)

#4 johnmk

• 429 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:22 AM

Hello mnosal,

How are you sure the piracetam is benefitting you?

Thank you,

-John

#5 REGIMEN

• 570 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:02 AM

Think you could pm me, jeromewilson, about your "investmentigating tactics"?

#6 mnosal

• 123 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 06:32 PM

Hello mnosal,

How are you sure the piracetam is benefitting you?

Thank you,

-John

Prior to using Piracetam, I had great difficulty putting ideas to paper for APA research, I required multiple 2+hr study periods to retain information for exams and was an eternally stuck "B" student. I was fully understanding the material (Chemistry, Microbiology, Anatomy & Physiology) but not very adept at repeating it back verbatim on standardized exams. While Piracetam has not made me "smarter", is has certainly enabled me to better use my natural intelligence and conform to institutional testing standards(memorization & recall).

I also feel that my reading and listening comprehension have vastly improved as has storage and retrieval. I have disovered that much of the material memorization required for my current studies has morphed into a sort of "photographic learning". I take the required reading , create an outline then "capture" that outline in my head. For reasons unknown to myself or anyone else, I am able to recover those outlines verbatim when in the actual exam.

I'll be starting 3rd year of college (Bachelors of Science Nursing) this fall and am carrying a 3.9( just got my grades...lousy B in Statistics :( ) I'm an adult student returning to school 17yrs after highschool. Working 40hrs/week climbing/fixing Cellular towers. It may not work for you or many others...nothing works for everyone but I know I have reaped great benefits from Piracetam.

#7 jeromewilson

• Topic Starter
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 11:08 PM

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone, it's looking pretty positive and my own short experience so far is very encouraging.

I see we've got a Toilet Duck fiend in the house - a word of warning dude, I've heard it can be a bit like taking high dose niacin (as opposed to niacinamide) in that you may experience 'flushing'. That long lasting Pine Fresh feeling is hard to beat though.

Anyway, keep 'em coming...

Jerome
  • like x 1

#8 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 09:17 PM

Choline, choline, choline. If I take piracetam and aniracetam without my alpha GPC I get a dull headache.

Either CDP or GPC, both readily cross the blood brain barrier.

#9 jeromewilson

• Topic Starter
  • 153 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:38 PM

Yeah, I just got a batch of choline citrate from BN - yick, fishy sherbert.

I guess I really ought to go for something better like CDP, GPC and / or centrophenoxine, but it's a bit more tricky getting hold of stuff over here in the UK. We've got QHI - they stock good stuff but not a huge selection, they take about two weeks and I'm really into getting bulk powders to save money.

Must say I was very impressed with BN - good prices, very fast, and when I let them know a tub of aniracetam had busted open in transit they got back to me straight away with a gift voucher for the full value. Top marks!

#10 exigentsky

• 262 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 03:54 AM

Where is the "it made me feel more dopey" option?

#11 jeromewilson

• Topic Starter
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 07:04 AM

Where is the "it made me feel more dopey" option?

Hmm, I guess that would be "Ummm maybe, not really sure... ahhh, what was the question?"... that's not so good is it? Have you found anything that works for you?

#12 darkusang

• 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 03:32 AM

Hello mnosal,

Where did you get your piracetam and alphaGPC ?

I don't trust some of these vendors. Most of this stuff is from China and contaminated.

#13 exigentsky

• 262 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 03:59 AM

"Hmm, I guess that would be "Ummm maybe, not really sure... ahhh, what was the question?"... that's not so good is it? Have you found anything that works for you?"

Yes, I voted for that, but I actually AM SURE what its effects were as I actually was served a control by my mother randomly.

As for the other question, I am currently using OrthoMind + Alpha GPC but the improvement is negligible.

"Where did you get your piracetam and alphaGPC ?"

Smi2le, however, now that Jeff is gone, I definitely won't buy from there again. I would rather be safe than sorry.

#14 johnmk

• 429 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 04:44 AM

I don't know what's responsible for my noticeable increase in short-term memory ability. Maybe piracetam, ALCAR, etc. I just have a knack for remembering details now, for instance I can often memorize a name/address in its entirely, where before I would look up, memorize the first name, write it down, look up again for the last name, repeat, then go to the address, write it down, then look up for the city, etc., I am increasingly finding myself capable of memorizing larger chunks of data. I don't know if this is due to the effects of a drug (such as piracetam) or if I'm just training myself in this regard and the improvement is from willing it.

#15 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 04:52 AM

I don't trust some of these vendors. Most of this stuff is from China and contaminated.

darkusang you are incorrect unless you happen to have 3 party proof to your baseless statements.

#16 mnosal

• 123 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 11:52 AM

I have used:
Bulk Nutrition, Beyond a Century & Smi2le and never had any issues with quality.
As far as heavy metals/impurities, don't purchase fro someone who won't provide an assay upon request.

#17 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 06:08 PM

Piracetam isn't something i would worry about quality as much as i would with some other substances (rala for example) as it is fairly easy to make.

#18 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 05:49 AM

I have used:
Bulk Nutrition, Beyond a Century & Smi2le and never had any issues with quality.
As far as heavy metals/impurities, don't purchase fro someone who won't provide an assay upon request.

This is not always easy for companies. Example I asked LEF for 6 different COA's and received 2 by fax they could not produce the other 4.

#19 chelovd

• 44 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 06:54 AM

Speaking about heavy metals, suppose one ingests many of them, would something like high purity Chlorella would help detoxify?

#20 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 03 June 2005 - 07:27 AM

I'm not sure how much, but chlorella, ALA and garlic are good for chelation (but i'm not sure to which extent)

#21 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 08:20 AM

I've heard some good results with DMSA (similar to EDTA), NAC, and MSM.

Corrected thanks scottl.

Edited by LifeMirage, 03 June 2005 - 10:20 AM.

#22 jeromewilson

• Topic Starter
  • 153 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 09:52 AM

Good point, also Cilantro (coriander).

#23 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 10:16 AM

I've heard some good results with DSMA (similar to EDTA), NAC, and MSM.

I believe he means DMSA and I think vitamin research products sells it if nowhere else. [glasses]

#24 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:01 PM

I took 1600 mg for the today, the second time I've tried piracetam. I think that dosage might be a bit too much for me; 1600 mg gave me a bit of a stuffy head feeling. I think I'll try dividing the dosage into 800mg/800mg morning/afternoon.

I did notice a bit less task avoidance this morning on the piracetam. :|o My interest in taking it is prevention of age related cognitive decline.

Stephen

Edited by stephen_b, 10 March 2008 - 06:03 PM.

#25 dprice218

• 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:51 PM

I took 1600 mg for the today, the second time I've tried piracetam. I think that dosage might be a bit too much for me; 1600 mg gave me a bit of a stuffy head feeling. I think I'll try dividing the dosage into 800mg/800mg morning/afternoon.

I did notice a bit less task avoidance this morning on the piracetam. :|o My interest in taking it is prevention of age related cognitive decline.

Stephen

I only really noticed an effect when it was taken with Hydergine. And when I took Hydergine by itself, it also lacked a noticeable effect. Taken together, there was some visual lucidity and while the evidence was anecdotal, the two seemed to have a positive effect on my ability to articulate what I had been reading. At the time, it was Wittgenstein's Tractatus, not the easiest of reads. ;-)

Then again, I'm used to the potency of Adderall XR 30mg per dose and/or Modafinil 200mg per dose. Thus in terms of piracetam's efficacy regarding attention, there was none to speak of. Also 800mg per dose was definitely not enough, even coupled with piracetam, to produce the aforementioned effect (I think I had to eventually take 1600mg at least)

#26 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:46 PM

I've been "on" for 1.5yrs now and will continue long after obtain my degree. At 3.6g Piracetam with 200mg AlphaGPC per/day

Just wondering: it seems as though many of those reporting good results with piracetam are also taking alpha GPC or citicoline. Maybe the benefits derive from the choline source and not piracetam?

Stephen

#27 Ghostrider

• 1,996 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:05 AM

I've been "on" for 1.5yrs now and will continue long after obtain my degree. At 3.6g Piracetam with 200mg AlphaGPC per/day

Just wondering: it seems as though many of those reporting good results with piracetam are also taking alpha GPC or citicoline. Maybe the benefits derive from the choline source and not piracetam?

Stephen

I have tried both -- piracetam and AlphaGPC both seperately and together. Both produced no effect.

#28 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:40 PM

I have tried both -- piracetam and AlphaGPC both seperately and together. Both produced no effect.

Thanks, that was just the information I was hoping to find.

I tried 3.2 g myself today, along with 200 mg of citicoline. I seem to have more energy than normal, without any undesirable effects.

Stephen

#29 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:51 PM

I've been trying piracetam and oxiracetam for a couple of months now. I've found that, for me, piracetam makes me feel more curious and open to learning than without. The downside is that I feel like I have reduced tolerance for doing less interesting things that nevertheless need to get done.

Oxiracetam seems to make me more thoughtful about whatever it is that I am doing. Even boring tasks are a bit more interesting. I tend to be a bit more methodical with my tasks. I don't get the same sailboat-without-a-keel feeling with oxiracetam as I do with piracetam.

I have been taking 500 mg citicoline with oxiracetam as opposed to 250 mg with piracetam, so I can't rule out the citicoline dose as a contributer.

Stephen

Edited by stephen_b, 19 May 2008 - 06:53 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:31 PM

I made this page up, it lists interesting Piracetam quotes found on forums throughout the Internet. Really great for turning people onto this amazing molecule!

Piracetam! ~ it does a brain good ~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users