• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Piracetam efficacy - appreciable effect for you?

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

Poll: Piracetam efficacy - appreciable effect for you? (305 member(s) have cast votes)

Piracetam efficacy - appreciable effect for you?

1. Yes - it improved my lucidity (47 votes [16.15%])

Percentage of vote: 16.15%

2. Yes - it improved my lucidity and recall (108 votes [37.11%])

Percentage of vote: 37.11%

3. I had better results with ani/oxi/prami-recetam (20 votes [6.87%])

Percentage of vote: 6.87%

4. No - I felt no appreciable effects (40 votes [13.75%])

Percentage of vote: 13.75%

5. Ummm maybe, not really sure... ahhh, what was the question? (22 votes [7.56%])

Percentage of vote: 7.56%

6. I have never tried piracetam (47 votes [16.15%])

Percentage of vote: 16.15%

7. Piracetam is for girls - I mainline Toilet Duck (7 votes [2.41%])

Percentage of vote: 2.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#151 bobman

• 258 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:25 AM

Its weird, I took 1600mg of piracetam and 1.5g of choline and althought reading/comprehension is better I started doing like 20 minutes of my homework and lost all motivation .

Its hard to explain but Im reading a tax book and I keep interupting myself saying " I don't want to do this"

Oddly enough, these past few days supplement free ( no caffeine, nothing) Ive never had a problem .

Is this uncommon ?

I'm doing this without any piracetam! Up all night studying cash & receivables, inventory, and revenue recognition. Accounting has to be the most boring subject envisioned in perpetuity (finance pun).

#152 Metabolic

• 16 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:53 PM

I'm new to piracetam as I just picked it up yesterday. I dosed 2.4g yesterday and 2.4g today so far (800mg every 4 hours). The effects are not too subjectively noticeable for me, so I tried playing dual n back. I have played in total a couple dozen rounds the last few weeks and have never made it past dual 4 back, half the time stalling at dual 3 back.

Today's results:
D2B 100%
D3B 92%
D4B 92%

This stuff works.

Edited by Metabolic, 02 October 2011 - 08:54 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#153 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:57 AM

Nice report! Isochroma's posts were great if only to tell me that, even though he was probably hypomanic, piracetam indeed has those same effects in me from a "right brain" perspective. Not nearly to that extent but his posts echo some of how I feel about the substance. Another thing is that piracetam makes me "more curious and open to learning" as someone else recently said here. I have intense desire to pursue my interests and less of a desire to bother with those that aren't interesting (I will be trying pramiracetam for this purpose soon though). So with that being said, piracetam doesn't help with direct motivation per se unless it is something you want to do. Noopept, on the other hand, seems to really help my reading comprehension. I was reading Huxley's Brave New World the other day and instead of having to re-read sentences I was able to grasp most everything on first pass. And retain it! I admit I do not read very much unless it is to learn about something specific such as studying for a certification in my field of study. But I realized that noopept really helps my reading comprehension. . As easy as it can be to scoff at Iso's posts there is some truth to what he is saying. The way in which is expresses himself might not be everyone's cup of tea. Piracetam is a subtle wonder drug for me.

Edited by JChief, 10 November 2011 - 09:01 AM.

• like x 1

#154 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:17 PM

I've been "on" for 1.5yrs now and will continue long after obtain my degree. At 3.6g Piracetam with 200mg AlphaGPC per/day, I have maintained a 4.0 GPA while working 40hrs a week as well. I would never be able to stay alert and absorb evening lectures after working outside in the elements all day without it.

I'm definitely a believer and I hope it works for you too(just make sure you use choline along with it)

You're able to maintain a 4.0 GPA while working 40 hours a week eh? Ok well enjoy your degree in fashion.

#155 scouser

• 95 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:17 PM

Below sounds like the same effect of having a bad partner that was a cheat, or untidy. possessive etc, how many times have we seen people escape from this only to then miss them and yearn for their return even though they know it wont be a good thing :-)

After more thought, I realized that besides those effects of Piracetam, there's one more.

We associate so many attributes to being human: physical drive, sex drive, sleep, tiredness, emotions, breathing, eating, and of course those that happen in the latrine, if y'all know what I mean Posted Image

There's a sadness, like having a part of myself missing. Even though I didn't like that tired, sleepy, forgetful part. But as humans, it is both out weaknesses and strengths, and all their respective peculiarities and individualisms that define us. They give us the shared bond of common humanity; common traits. Common even with ourselves as single individuals, varying only gradually with time.

Those things that Piracetam polished away in me, even though I hated them and fought them with every other weapon I could find - they were still cherished in some perverse way, some instinctual way. Like favorite colors or favorite foods, the common capabilities, limitations and habits of a person's body become their mental fingerprint. Baked into their daily routine, snug as a bug in a rug.

When one or more are quickly or gradually snatched away, sometimes it leaves a hole. Even bad things. And nothing ever really fills that hole, with its peculiar shape and depth. Sometimes it feels sad to not remember what being tired was like, because I can't remember anymore what it feels like to be sleepy. It was the usual way to end a day.

Now that it's not there anymore, there is no natural end to a day either. Like someone pried off all the numbers on a clock, now all I see is the hand moving, but my body no longer says anything about how 'late' it is. It's just a number now, there's no difference between 'afternoon', 'evening' and 'late at night'. Instead, time is just a continuous flow with hardly anything inside me to give it discreteness.

Now that sleepiness and tiredness are gone, I can't remember their bad sides. Like some old friend you idealize him after not being in contact for so long.

That's how it is with me.

#156 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:58 AM

I've been "on" for 1.5yrs now and will continue long after obtain my degree. At 3.6g Piracetam with 200mg AlphaGPC per/day, I have maintained a 4.0 GPA while working 40hrs a week as well. I would never be able to stay alert and absorb evening lectures after working outside in the elements all day without it.

I'm definitely a believer and I hope it works for you too(just make sure you use choline along with it)

You're able to maintain a 4.0 GPA while working 40 hours a week eh? Ok well enjoy your degree in fashion.

Canadians are so funny! XD

#157 dariocrux

• 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:49 AM

I am a highly stressed individual. Could that be the reason for the negative response to piracetam? I've tried aniracetam, pramiracetam, and finally piracetam. I just got brain fog. Aniracetam gave me the most brain fog, and piracetam, the least.

I'm wondering if I should take something to support my adrenal gland. I read a few pages back that high cortisol levels could negatively impact one's response to piracetam.

#158 Meteo

• 7 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:57 AM

I noticed that I have a better ability to thinking clearly. My brain doesnt get as "tired" as easily. However, I have not seen an increase in my working memory so it might all be placebo

#159 gbpackers

• 49 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:22 AM

I'm interested in seeing how D-serine affects piracetam experiences

#160 NMDAstronaut

• 41 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:12 AM

I've been using piracetam on and off for over a year now.

This substance was amazing for the first two months I took it then I had to take a long break. At first it made me more social and confident consistently then peedered out.

It makes me anxious if I don't get the choline component right.

I now take it three days a week and alternate with theanine on off days to avoid building tolerance to either substance so far so good.

I still have very dose dependent results with piracetam and getting dose and choline right is key for me. I have also been playing with adding in some msg but am being very cautious and conservative with this.

I too am curious about D-serine combo. The NMDA co-potentiation potential is interesting yet scary... then again... I am using msg : ).... sparingly of course

Edited by NMDAstronaut, 26 July 2012 - 05:18 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#161 metabrain

• 302 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:20 PM

After more thought, I realized that besides those effects of Piracetam, there's one more.

We associate so many attributes to being human: physical drive, sex drive, sleep, tiredness, emotions, breathing, eating, and of course those that happen in the latrine, if y'all know what I mean biggrin.gif

There's a sadness, like having a part of myself missing. Even though I didn't like that tired, sleepy, forgetful part. But as humans, it is both out weaknesses and strengths, and all their respective peculiarities and individualisms that define us. They give us the shared bond of common humanity; common traits. Common even with ourselves as single individuals, varying only gradually with time.

Those things that Piracetam polished away in me, even though I hated them and fought them with every other weapon I could find - they were still cherished in some perverse way, some instinctual way. Like favorite colors or favorite foods, the common capabilities, limitations and habits of a person's body become their mental fingerprint. Baked into their daily routine, snug as a bug in a rug.

When one or more are quickly or gradually snatched away, sometimes it leaves a hole. Even bad things. And nothing ever really fills that hole, with its peculiar shape and depth. Sometimes it feels sad to not remember what being tired was like, because I can't remember anymore what it feels like to be sleepy. It was the usual way to end a day.

Now that it's not there anymore, there is no natural end to a day either. Like someone pried off all the numbers on a clock, now all I see is the hand moving, but my body no longer says anything about how 'late' it is. It's just a number now, there's no difference between 'afternoon', 'evening' and 'late at night'. Instead, time is just a continuous flow with hardly anything inside me to give it discreteness.

Now that sleepiness and tiredness are gone, I can't remember their bad sides. Like some old friend you idealize him after not being in contact for so long.

That's how it is with me.

Piracetam was good for awhile. Now not only has it lost its efficacy, but it actually confuses me, depresses me, at any dose. The extent to which you are describing all the positives in your life, which you attribute entirely to piracetam, are definitely not a regular reaction, and are misleading if not irresponsible. Some of your language has been grandiose. You also mentioned in the Smartpowders thread that you were almost homeless? That you were in a position where you had, to paraphrase you, nothing to lose? I think that it would be responsible of you to divulge other confounding variables in your posts: the way that you are representing piracetam simply does not reflect how most people react to it in reality. Are you taking any medications? Drugs? Other supplements?

Excuse me for asking, but since this is an anonymous forum and the details of this topic are very important to would-be users, are you manic-depressive?

Regards,
acantelopepope

It does the exact same thing to me now as well, it is almost like my brain remembers the substance and goes crazy. I was told by a doctor that Piracetam is only recommended for short term use in those suffering from brain injury's while they are recovering from surgery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users