• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

SCIENCE, MIND, RELIGION AND REALITY

religion spirituality science christianity

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:33 PM

Science, Mind, Religion, and Reality is a great video by Oxford professor Kieth Ward.

• like x 1

#2 albedo

• 2,069 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:02 AM

Thank you for sharing. Very nice video, good to see, as in the old good tradition, philosophy helping formulating the right questions for science. Much of the talk goes around the huge problem of consciousnesses whose resolution will likely require good philosophy and physics to converge. Read also Penrose on that.
  • like x 1

#3 albedo

• 2,069 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:03 PM

As additional and related food for thought, this additional Keith Ward's talk (on Kant) ...

.. makes me thinking that, while much of today's effort (and funding) is toward understanding how mind emerges from brain, good philosophy again might help asking the equally right question of how mind takes the appearance of brain. Similarly, I always asked myself the question how say electrons take the appearance of spots in a double slits experiments while the reality, which is intrinsically quantum in nature, looks like being the mathematical concept of a wave function probability ...
  • like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: religion, spirituality, science, christianity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users