• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Piracetam cold turkey - problems eversince.

piracetam withdrawal myoclonus anxiety

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 cobue

• 35 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:49 PM

Wow this is really interesting as i´ve had the identical conditions after stopping Piracetam cold turkey after using it from about march´13 until september´13.
I´ve had some severe anxiety attacks and depression and i really thouht i´m getting a psychosis, i´ve never had depression or anxiety before.

The only way i was able to heal it was taking about 2000mg of Saint John´s Wort and 2 times per day and a 100mg Vitamin B Complex.

Try it, it will help you a lot.

#32 montana2012

• Topic Starter
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:29 PM

Wow this is really interesting as i´ve had the identical conditions after stopping Piracetam cold turkey after using it from about march´13 until september´13.
I´ve had some severe anxiety attacks and depression and i really thouht i´m getting a psychosis, i´ve never had depression or anxiety before.

The only way i was able to heal it was taking about 2000mg of Saint John´s Wort and 2 times per day and a 100mg Vitamin B Complex.

Try it, it will help you a lot.

Howdy

I've been shooting B12,B6,B1 for an year now and it definetely didn't help me with the "racetam condition". Gave me a definite boost though.
Piracetam definitely modulates NMDA and AMPA permanently in my anecdotal experience.

Subchronic treatment of aged mice with piracetam (500 mg/kg p.o. for 14 days) elevates N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor density by about 20% and normalizes the enhanced affinity of L-glutamate for the NMDA receptor. Since deficits at the level of the NMDA receptor might be one of the mechanisms underlying age-associated cognitive impairment, the effects reported for piracetam may be relevant for the cognition-enhancing properties of this drug.

, in result you get overly active glutamatergic system (speculating, not sure). I hope I had no neurotoxic effects after seizing usage due to super active Ca+ activity and resulting apoptosis. I also hope my hippocampus didn't manage to shrink due to chronic severe anxiety

In depressed patients as well as healthy controls, a positive relationship between hippocampal volume and trait anxiety has been reported. This study sought to explore the possible inter-relation between hippocampal volume and trait anxiety further. Magnetic resonance imaging at 7 T was used to measure hippocampal volumes in a rat model of extremes in trait anxiety (experiment 1) and in a Wistar population with normal anxiety-related behavior (experiment 2). In addition to anxiety-related behavior, potentially confounding factors (depression-like, exploratory, and locomotor behavior) were assessed. Experiment 1 globally supported the hypothesis of a positive relationship between hippocampus volume and trait anxiety but did not allow for ruling out possible confounds arising from cosegregation of other behavioral traits. Experiment 2 yielded strong evidence for a negative relationship which was specific for trait anxiety. Thus, the relationship between hippocampal volume and anxiety may be more complex than expected. Interestingly, anxiety-related behavior in experiment 2 had a stronger influence on hippocampal volume than depression-like behavior. In the light of hippocampal volume loss in anxiety disorder and frequent comorbidity of anxiety and depression, this finding suggests that further research into the relationship between anxiety and hippocampal volume may be critical for understanding hippocampal contributions to normal and pathological behavior.

Interestingly, Modafinil cleared the fog a bit, haven't examined the possible mechanisms (anyone?)
Cerebrolysin modulates NMDA and I felt a definite clearing of the fog from it.
I am also taking valproate, which might have played a role. It's a mystery.
I don't feel like paying for MRI/fMRI/PET as of now. Will see in the future.

Best,
Steve

Edited by montana2012, 24 February 2014 - 09:31 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#33 NilsOlav

• 82 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:35 PM

I used piracetam for about 3 years straight in college with only a few breaks from it, never had any problems. In fact, I feel like my stress levels go down when I stop taking piracetam--probably since my thoughts aren't going to be racing and analyzing things so much when I'm off piracetam, making me calmer in the social setting. I also feel emotionally more connected with other human beings, whereas piracetam makes me feel like I have some sort of social/emotional bubblewrap around my body when I interact with others...perhaps other piracetam users can explain what I mean!

My point is, I feel nothing but less stress/anxiety when I stop taking piracetam, so I wouldn't go blaming the chemical.

#34 daonlyplaya

• 6 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:46 AM

Im not sure if this is mentioned somewhere, but was OP on antidepressdants or some sort of SSRIs prior to or during using piracetam

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#35 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:49 AM

Montana- Not trying to be rude but the correct term for the muscle twitches you are experiencing is called fasciculations not myoclonus. Fasciculations are generally random (ie, they are not triggered by anything), whereas myoclonus is usually caused by some action (moving your arm or leg for example). Alternatively, myoclonus refers to stronger jerks of entire muscles (middle ear muscle for example) rather than a mere twitch.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, withdrawal, myoclonus, anxiety

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users