* * * * * 1 votes

Special Extract Of Ginkgo Biloba Is Proven To Work

ginkgo biloba

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 mrnootropic

• 180 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

It's fine if you only take supplements with barely significant blood thinning activity.
If you're taking blood thinning meds such as warfarin, coumadin or even aspirin then yes you should be cautious with that.

I personally take lots of fish oil, garlic, cayenne pepper, vitamin E with my ginkgo and I have no coagulation issues.

Yeah i agree, i also take what your taking, and have no issues..
You will be fine @BlueCloud
But just to be safe, take smaller doses.

Ginkgo biloba leaves and sarcotesta also contain ginkgolic acids, which are highly allergenic, long-chain alkylphenols such as bilobol or adipostatin. Individuals with a history of strong allergic reactions to poison ivy, mangoes, cashews and other alkylphenol-producing plants are more likely to experience an adverse reaction when consuming ginkgo-containing pills, combinations, or extracts. From wiki.
Phytochemical AnalysisVolume 15, Issue 1, pages 1–8, January/February 2004..

I dont know the full information, but thats something to think about, if taking ginkgo.

Edited by Mr.Nootropic, 04 September 2013 - 04:55 PM.

#32 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:54 AM

Just bought EGb 761 at my local pharmacy dirt cheap.

I wish i live over in france! haha, its so expensive to get over here in the u.k
Its not available from france to buy online, only otc?

Whats your opinion on the extract ?? I think its pretty good, mostly for stress, i find it more stress relieveing than mind boosting or anything else..

I may take this extract with Gotu Kola in the future, i take it with ashwagangha atm

Yes you can buy it online but only domestic shipping is allowed. I could buy some and sell it if anyone needs it.

I took 240mg yesterday as well as today, it's too early to say if it does anything.
As for mind boosting, if there is any then it is very subtle.

Adding gotu kola which improves blood flow significantly could be worth it, I have some caps left there.

I will try it with a cold shower to improve circulation significantly.

Ginkgo, 2000mg salmon oil, (your preferred dose of) piracetam and a large cup of green tea. Try it! ;)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 mrnootropic

• 180 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

Ginkgo, 2000mg salmon oil, (your preferred dose of) piracetam and a large cup of green tea. Try it! ;)

lol, what effect does that combo give you ???

#34 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

I guess this combo would increase piracetam central effects.

#35 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:57 AM

lol, what effect does that combo give you ???

Very sharp focus, clarity, calm and mood lift.

#36 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:59 AM

Cool suggestion. I am going to try:
  • 120 mg Ginkgo
  • 20 mg Noopept
  • 800 mg Piracetam
  • 5 g Fish Oil
  • 725 mg Green Tea (45% EGCG)
  • 3 g (1 tea bag) Yerba Mate

#37 motorcitykid

• 276 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

It's fine if you only take supplements with barely significant blood thinning activity.
If you're taking blood thinning meds such as warfarin, coumadin or even aspirin then yes you should be cautious with that.

I personally take lots of fish oil, garlic, cayenne pepper, vitamin E with my ginkgo and I have no coagulation issues.

Yeah i agree, i also take what your taking, and have no issues..
You will be fine @BlueCloud
But just to be safe, take smaller doses.

Ginkgo biloba leaves and sarcotesta also contain ginkgolic acids, which are highly allergenic, long-chain alkylphenols such as bilobol or adipostatin. Individuals with a history of strong allergic reactions to poison ivy, mangoes, cashews and other alkylphenol-producing plants are more likely to experience an adverse reaction when consuming ginkgo-containing pills, combinations, or extracts. From wiki.
Phytochemical AnalysisVolume 15, Issue 1, pages 1–8, January/February 2004..

I dont know the full information, but thats something to think about, if taking ginkgo.

From LE Foundation's product Gingko 28/7, check out the NOTE on the bottom:
Supplement Facts

Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule
Servings Per Container: 100

Ingredients Amount Per Serving Ginkgo biloba extract (leaf) [std. to 28% ginkgo flavone glycosides (33.6 mg), 7% terpene lactones (8.4 mg), and <1 ppm ginkgolic acid] 120 mg

Other ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable cellulose (capsule), vegetable stearate. Caution
If you are taking anti-coagulant or anti-platelet medications, or have a bleeding disorder, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product.

Note
Ginkgolic acid is an allergen found in all Ginkgo biloba extracts. The stringent German Commission E has set the ginkgolic acid limit at no more than 5 ppm. Super Ginkgo Extract 28/7 has been purified to contain the lowest level of ginkgolic acid possible (no more than 1 ppm).

There's no mention of ginkgolic acid content for the Tebonin ginkgo. It only states that "potentially harmful ingredients are eliminated from the final product". It has been approved for use in Germany, so I would assume that the product complies w/ the 5ppm limit.

Sometimes companies have a legit reason to use the proprietory ingredients umbrealla, to protect whatever special formula they've come up with from being stolen.
Other times it's just a convenient way to hide a batch of bogus claims better left undisclosed.
I give a "yay" vote to Tebonin's product.

Edited by motorcitykid, 06 September 2013 - 06:22 PM.

#38 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:19 AM

FWIW, I'm having good results on the Nature's Way 120mg Ginkgold Max tablets. I am about a week in and take between 1 to 2 per day.

#39 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:16 AM

^I've got some coming in as well. Would be interested to hear your experiences more in detail?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#40 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:42 PM

^I've got some coming in as well. Would be interested to hear your experiences more in detail?

Sure, I'd be happy to! Simply put, my memory recall is better. Noticeably better. I am still early on in my trial but I typically have a pretty poor memory (not sure why, I'm only 25 and haven't experienced any head traumas or anything else that might result in poor memory) so it's very clear to me when I am able to remember specific details. For example, I can remember the prices of things I looked at while at the store. I work in databases throughout the day and can now remember 6 digit codes that I had to reference when working with particular items in the database. I can even remember them days later! Generally, my brain remembers that information just long enough to process it and decide what I want to do with it, but then it purges it and I move on. That's how it works with most things. I don't have an incredible retention for things like that. I can remember events and other things I did throughout the day but the smaller pieces of information (seat on a plane, boarding zone, gate number, database ID number, addresses, etc.) I tend to remember just long enough to act on and then poof, it goes away. But... I am gradually seeing a change in this respect. I am hanging onto this information longer. Prices, times that I did things, distances, addresses, etc, are all sticking around and have more clarity in my mind.

This is by no means a miracle product but I have taken innumerable substances claiming to improve memory and I can't remember the last time one of them actually made good on the claim, so to have something that is actually helping, even if it is gradual, is pretty damn noticeable to me!

I take between 1-2 tablets per day although I have to say, I don't notice a great difference between taking 1 or 2 at a time.

Hope that helped. Please let me know what your experience is with it!
  • like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ginkgo biloba

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users