• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Are there any affordable biofeedback devices?

biofeedback

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 O3PH4N

• 21 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:45 AM

I been looking at the EPOC for a couple days but the price point ($399) did not look very appealing.  Now looking at OpenBCI at the same price (without all the accessories needed), EPOC looks EXTREMELY appealing.  

Dear OpenBIC,

You're not Apple. 

Good luck with those prices. 

#32 O3PH4N

• 21 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:03 PM

Let me retract my last statement.  As it turns out, you need to cough up another 300 dollars to get access to the EEG data on the EPOC.  Looks like OpenBCI is the winner after all!

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Jochen

• 157 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2015 - 02:14 PM

and did you end up buying on or the other? What has been your experience thus far (in case you have bought either model)?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#34 DonManley

• 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:36 AM

I bought open 32 bit BCI (8 channel) a couple of days ago, still waiting for it to arrive and I don't have enough time right now to experiment anyway. I just wanted to say that it's a bit cheaper to buy it on Ebay. I saw openbci on ebay several times. I bought new, unopened one for 250GB (~375$). It also has electrodes and conductive paste. Some people have those devices left from the kickstarter campaign, some of them have their research interests changed or something else happened while they were waiting for the device, so those devices are either new or barely touched. In contrast, same device would cost me 450$ to buy from the openbci site and I would have to buy electrodes separately, which cost additional 40$. The only thing I'm concerted with is headware. Right now they are developing the new version of the 3D printable headware. Meanwhile I can't find anywhere which electrode cap to buy or how will I able to manufacture the 3D printable headset when it will come out.

It seems that openbci can support both dry and wet electrodes, but wet are the default, because they provide better measurements.  Also there is daisy module, which transforms the 8 channel board into 16 channel. However, I weren't able to find whether it's possible to buy that module separately (on their site they sell complete 16 channel kit). Openbci supports multiple software and it's software support is only getting stronger. BrainBay and OpenVibe are supported; both can be used for biofeedback. Despite that BrainBay is for Windows, it also works on Linux through Wine.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: biofeedback

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users