• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Modify this ANGER replacement stack and please give some advice. Because man I am going down fast.

anger piracetam alpha brain

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:35 AM

Thank you again, appreciated. Your approach sounds solid to me - get the right level of calm concentration and when there, work to sustain the positive emotions.

My current practice is to first reach a relaxed (but not strongly absorbed) state by backwards counting 10 long, calm in and out breaths, then wishing myself and every sentient being happiness and freedom from suffering (3 times each), then I do mindfulness of the physical sensation of the in and out breath [still experimenting with different ways of experiencing the sensation of the breath, have tried to place awareness at the sensation of air at the rims of the nostrils, and also at the rise and fall of the belly, and finally maintaining a 'whole body' awareness].

I make an effort to rest awareness on the breath process for the entire sitting, without the ego interfering, and finish off with the same wish for happiness and freedom from suffering.

Whenever I reach a state of enhanced calm absorption, where sense input is reduced and negative emotional states and impulses are temporarily suppressed, I send loving kindness to selected people. I do not reach this state of enhanced calm absorption in every sitting though.

Sometimes my mind is too tired/dull and there is little conscious awareness, and sometimes, pain sensations are too strong to allow the calm absorption to dominate.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#32 teacult

• Topic Starter
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

Thats why I use hot chocolate because of tired/dull moments. Your meditation sounds like prayer. However I try to think in a meditated state.
There are lots of different types of meditation, I read about chakras and I think they are the mental levels of existence highly related to biological condition.

I guess at different levels from apathy to .... ascended, the meditation experience changes. At the top most level I guess you could be able to visualize and hear multiple occurrences and feel and think about all of them at once - almost like thousand interconnected dreams at once. This way you can use many parts of your brain simultaneously and engage all sensory inputs and memories recorded. Like a supercomputer adding new clusters to simulate MMORPG kind of world to calculate some outcomes to gain insight and reiterate general formula. It is called being one in tasavvuf philosophy , something from islamic culture which I am not much informed about.

This being said, I am merely able to remember and visualize what I am thinking about. But everything improves right ? :) .

Some people start with visualizing an Orange but I guess our needs are much emotional atm. :)

I have epoc EEG headset which shows my minor improvements and I think it should not, brain folds and frequencies does not change, meaning that these folded surface area makes additional operations.
It clearly shows that I had some problems, since my brain waves are changing which should not be changing.

Edited by teacult, 26 December 2013 - 04:53 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anger, piracetam, alpha brain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users