• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

phosphatidylserine vs. PS-sharp (and how long is long term ?)

phosphatidylserine

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 crow

• 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

Hi,

The next phase in my slef experimentation plan, is PS-sharp, a phosphatidylserine-omega3 complex.
Does anyone here have any experience either with the particular supplement or with taking EPA and phosphatidylserine together ?

also, I'm trying to realize what is the time range in which I should start feeling the effects of taking PS ? As much as I could understand on my own, it's not an immediate effect nootropic, but just how much should I wait before feeling the effect ? a week ? a month ?

thanks,
crow

#2 bigsend

• 54 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:41 AM

A week or two should be enough to start feeling the PS - less anxiety, more confidence, less startle response. What is the dosage?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:16 PM

Dosage is 200-800mg.
Careful, I'm talking of pure PS, if you buy bulk powder it's usually 20% PS (sometimes 50%) so you'd need to take 5 times the amount.
Avoid phosphorylated serine which is not the same thing as PS and also you don't need to buy a special patented PS form, you won't get anything more.
For instance Sharp PS (bound to omega 3 fatty acid) is not any better than mere PS (extracted from soy).

I recommend taking it with a meal, if you take it on empty stomach you risk blunting its cognitive effects because of hypoglycemia, also it will give you goose bumps.

I personally felt the effects within days but it all depends on your brain PS reserves, an healthy brain has around 30g PS and it diminishes with time due to aging or PS deficient diet.

PS removes any kind of anxiety, as well as seasonal depression, brain fog, hypothyroidism and in general any symptom that could be caused by excess cortisol.

I've been taking it for several weeks and it's a pretty good nootropic, really I recommend it, before PS I would almost never dream, now with PS I dream every single night and it hasn't decreased since then, also my creativity and memory have increased. Not only recent memory but also past memories. There are some trials with only 300mg PS during several weeks and results are interesting.

I recommend taking enough carbs when taking PS, it increases sugar metabolism in the brain so you need to have enough carbs to benefit fully from it.

#4 celebes

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:41 AM

Any preferred brands (e.g. Cogni-PS, Leci-PS) or a good source for bulk?

#5 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:30 PM

I think it could take a few weeks, I was taking like 900 mg of ps sharp for a while, it's way too expensive though. I'm not sure if it was that great or not. Someone please check out my other thread and tell me what you think, as there I have mentioned this other "patented" version that actually requires a perscription... I think it may be different than PS sharp and PS Gold ... not sure it has been a while since i posted this: http://www.longecity...used-medically/ ... on second look it looks like it may just be BS just like PS-Sharp/Gold. (patented to make money and tout itself as sciencey and effective, go figure)

#6 airplanepeanuts

• 352 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:09 PM

Personally I think I can feel the calming effects of PS on the first day I take around 400mg.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 crow

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:24 PM

Hmmm...

so far I have to say, I haven't felt any effect from either regular PS or or PS-sharp over a week long trial. I have tried taking it on a full or empty stomach or even sub-lingual, with any success. Quite possible I'm a non-responder, which is a shame since the manufacturer of PS-sharp is an israeli company and they sell it for a very reasonable price.

crow

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: phosphatidylserine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users