• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Biphasic Sleep (Two 3.5 hour sleep blocks)

biphasic sleep polyphasic sleep

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 czGLoRy

• 74 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:37 AM

Most articles on polyphasic sleep are showing either 4.5 hour cores with 90 minute naps, or everyman style sleep schedules, but I am not finding anything similar to what I am interested in trying. This type of schedule, two 3.5 hour sleep blocks, with perhaps a nap as well, would be much more convenient for me, assuming its healthy and effective.

Ie, Sleep from 00:3:30
12:15:30
nap 30-90 minutes as needed ?
meditate: 30 minutes

I am wondering if this would be effective. The alternative for me is waking up at roughly 10 PM at night on a normal schedule.

#2 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:42 AM

I tend to naturally sleep on a biphasic schedule, but I still end up around a full 8 hrs. I usually end up asleep from like 10 PM to 1 or 2 AM, then I'm up two hours. Checking email/reading, then asleep again for 4-5 hrs from 3-4 AM until 8 AM.

It almost feels like the first set of sleep is for wiping my brain and body clean of clutter. But the second set of sleep is where I get the most physical recovery (REM?) and I'm restored and recharged. If that second block of sleep isn't "healthy sleep", my body has not physically recovered and I'm dragging a bit. I tend to walk 5-7 miles a day, so I can tell if I slept properly.

So, my advice is that once you get into a rhythm, to pay attention closely to each block of sleep. Try not to disrupt them w/ food/caffeine near sleep time.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: biphasic sleep, polyphasic sleep

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users