* * * * * 1 votes

C60 updates?

c60

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#61 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:10 AM

Thanks for sharing this information. I am beginning this dosage, beginning this week after 2 weeks off. I was taking 15 mgs per week for six weeks. I noted in the fifth/sixth week I began to have auras with migraines at this dosage and some muscle cramping, calf muscles. I am keenly aware of migraine triggers as I have a history of migraines. I began taking ALCAR plus ALA about 10 years ago and immediately noted a complete ceasation of aura migraines. I had been suffering from aura migraines about one to two monthly for about 5 years prior to beginning ALCAR plus ALA. I did not take supplements then I read a Bruce Ames paper on the ALCAR/R-ALA combo and began taking this a decade ago. The ceasation of aura migraines was a highly positive result and has allowed me to identify supplement/food triggers for me, as I've experimented with various supplements over the past decade.

Here are aura + migraine triggers for me: NAC, paba, b12, b6, lysine. There may be others I do not recall now. Tea is also a trigger if I drink more than one or two cups.

I began having migraines the day following dosing a tablespoon 0.8 mg/mL standard commercial products after about three or four weeks at this dosage. I have used product from three suppliers, so it seems universal. I am a heavy enjoyer of olive oil so I do not believe the olive oil is the trigger. I've taken two weeks off and will begin dosing at 1 teaspoon/week (4 - 5 mgs C60) to see how this goes. I have appreciated all the shared experiences by Longecity posters and have personally observed many of the positive effects noted in these discussions.

I saw three others reported headaches when taking C60 in the survey.

Sorry to hear about the migraines, dachshund. NAC and c60-oo share some other side effects and are both potent antioxidants, but I don't really see a pattern in your triggers. 15 mg/week is a bigger dose than you really need, so maybe a smaller c60 dose will work out for you.

#62 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:03 AM

After having no increase in the initial (though substantial) hair regrowth after 17 months of oral C60 and a few applications directly to the scalp, I tried a topical application once again--a few drops mixed in 91% rubbing alcohol and applied via dropper for three days. After a month I noticed that my hair in that area was now thicker. So topical, not oral, seems to be the trick.
  • like x 5

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 resting

• Life Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:16 PM

A few drops of the dilute EVOO mix?

#64 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:22 PM

Hello everyone, a few months ago my Grandmother (age 63) started taking C60.

Was it a commercial preparation, and if so which one?

#65 robosapiens

• 163 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:01 PM

Can we see any harm in adding a bit of BHT to the oil?

#66 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:32 AM

Can we see any harm in adding a bit of BHT to the oil?

I can't think of any obvious reason for catastrophe, but I'm not sure it's really necessary, and it adds a new variable into the equation. I think the safest approach for preserving the quality of the c60-oo is to store it in a well-sealed bottle with little or no air space, cool and in the dark. If it's not going to be used within a month or so, freezing it would be a reasonable option.

This is assuming the intent of using BHT was as a preservative. If you're interested in ingesting it, I'd do that separately, if at all.

#67 Xerxes

• 10 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:20 PM

Hello everyone, a few months ago my Grandmother (age 63) started taking C60.

Was it a commercial preparation, and if so which one?

It was from Owndoc.

#68 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:12 AM

About c60 and reported scar removal effects...

I've been taking c60 orally for over a year and scars I have on the back of my right hand and left wrist have not been affected. The left wrist one dates back to before my memory. I vividly recall getting the one on the back of my right hand in a fall onto thorns when I was about 5 years old... not to mention the thorn removal by my uncle with a pocket knife. There used to be a red mark on the front of my right hand where the thorn popped through but, much to my dismay, that faded on its own by the time I was out of high school.

So I thought I'd give topical application with c60 and jojoba a shot. I just took some pictures of my scars on the off chance they actually go away. Not so easy, by the way, to take pictures of your own hands by yourself, even with a tripod and light stand. I did the best I could but they seem more prominent in the flesh. Anyway, here's a shot of each one as it kind of looks now as well as a closeup.

Howard

Attached Files

• like x 1

#69 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:52 AM

I don't know of any reason why c60 would alter an old scar. I think people are seeing normal changes in relatively new scars and attributing it to c60. Scars change over time even if you do nothing out of the ordinary.
  • like x 3

#70 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:18 PM

I expect that I'll prove you right :) Might also see if there's any effect on body hair in the area.

Howard

#71 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:00 PM

I don't know of any reason why c60 would alter an old scar. I think people are seeing normal changes in relatively new scars and attributing it to c60. Scars change over time even if you do nothing out of the ordinary.

Stem cell therapy has been used for burns, scars and wound healing, so if C60 is stimulating stem cells (by kick starting mitochondria), it could have such an effect.

CBS news:

Stem cells heal heart attack scars, regrow healthy muscle

For the study, researchers tested 25 patients, an average of 53 years old, who had experienced heart attacks that had left them with damaged heart muscle. Eight patients served as controls and were treated with conventional treatments including medication, and diet and exercise recommendations. The other 17 patients received stem cells, which researchers derived from raisin-sized pieces of patients' own heart tissue.

The researchers found that patients treated with stem cells experienced almost a 50 percent reduction of heart attack scars within 12 months of treatment, while the eight patients who received conventional treatment saw no reductions in damage.

"This has never been accomplished before, despite a decade of cell therapy trials for patients with heart attacks. Now we have done it," Marban said. "The effects are substantial, and surprisingly larger in humans than they were in animal tests."

• like x 1

#72 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:12 AM

Stem cell therapy has been used for burns, scars and wound healing, so if C60 is stimulating stem cells (by kick starting mitochondria), it could have such an effect.

Well, burns and wounds are one thing, and the injuries caused by a heart attack are another, but I'm not sure they are the same thing as an old scar in skin tissue. In a cutaneous scar, you get densely packed, crosslinked collagen fibrils, rather than the more porous criss-cross matrix in normal skin. The dense collagen slows or prevents normal cell communication and transit. It seems like even a stem cell would have a tough time there. Stem cell therapy for myocardial injuries is very much in the news these days, and pubmed has a lot of articles on it, but I can't find anything relating to stem cell treatment for cutaneous scars.

#73 resting

• Life Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:06 AM

Like soft corns. I wonder if C60 will help there?
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#74 NanoDoom

• 55 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:14 PM

After having no increase in the initial (though substantial) hair regrowth after 17 months of oral C60 and a few applications directly to the scalp, I tried a topical application once again--a few drops mixed in 91% rubbing alcohol and applied via dropper for three days. After a month I noticed that my hair in that area was now thicker. So topical, not oral, seems to be the trick.

Very interesting.
I plan to do topical applications of Jojoba oil + c60. (there's another thread on this here)

When you say 'thicker' hair, do you mean more hairs in the same area/higher hair count - or do you mean increase in the diameter of the existing hairs?

#75 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:57 AM

Very interesting.
I plan to do topical applications of Jojoba oil + c60. (there's another thread on this here)

When you say 'thicker' hair, do you mean more hairs in the same area/higher hair count - or do you mean increase in the diameter of the existing hairs?

Very likely the second, though I can't say because I merely judged the coverage in a mirror.

#76 katzenjammer

• 292 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

Turnbuckle, just so I understand you: I gather you diluted the olive oil preparation with alcohol? Or do you mean you dissolved c60 directly into alcohol?

#77 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:03 PM

Turnbuckle, just so I understand you: I gather you diluted the olive oil preparation with alcohol? Or do you mean you dissolved c60 directly into alcohol?

I initially used C60/EVOO on my bald spot, rubbing it on. 17 months later I dissolved the C60/EVOO in alcohol and used that with an eyedropper to wet out the scalp, using this method as by then I had a lot of hair.

Note that C60 does not dissolve in alcohol.

#78 katzenjammer

• 292 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:17 PM

I initially used C60/EVOO on my bald spot, rubbing it on. 17 months later I dissolved the C60/EVOO in alcohol and used that with an eyedropper to wet out the scalp, using this method as by then I had a lot of hair.

Note that C60 does not dissolve in alcohol.

Great thanks - shall try this and report back. I've recently started using CB-03-01 as well. So I take it c60 in EVOO/alchohol will penetrate the skin?

#79 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:26 PM

Great thanks - shall try this and report back. I've recently started using CB-03-01 as well. So I take it c60 in EVOO/alchohol will penetrate the skin?

I doubt that alcohol has anything to do with the penetration, as I got results without it. I only used it to aid the application. And the actual penetration is probably down along the hair follicles where the C60 may stimulate stem cells.

#80 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:17 PM

Here's an update from me. I set a new PR in the half marathon, increasing my pace from 8:06 last year to 7:56 minutes per mile this year. I can't say it was definitely the C60 (people do make improvements from training). I did feel like I had an extra gear. I have 50 km and a 50 mi races in March and May, and then back to 5k and 10k races in late spring and into summer. Also a mile time trial.

I know most here think C60 will most show its effects in the faster races, but I wonder if there might be benefit for ultras too. My current dosage is about a quarter of a dropperful every other day.

Edited by stephen_b, 17 February 2014 - 11:17 PM.

• like x 1

#81 Authentic

• 97 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:42 PM

My update - I'm experiencing weight gain but can't figure out where the weight is. It could be increased muscle, I don't look fat but I do feel thicker. I have not increased my exercise or changed my diet and the only difference in the past months is C60. I'm +5 pounds so far

#82 seescaper

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:02 PM

Hi all

I'm new and have been doing a lot of on-line research about c60 and am itching to try it. One question that i have not seen addressed is this: The Baati study indicated that none of the rats died of cancer. This is especially interesting to me as I am turning 62 and my father died of an aggressive prostate cancer at age 70. My question is this: While one could hope, based on the Baati study that c60 would have a protective effect against the development of cancer, have there been any reports of what happens when you give rats c60 who already have cancer? In other words, what effect would c60 have on cancer cells? While anyone who takes c60 is doing so with the expectation that c60 will improve cellular function, would c60 serve also to strengthen the ability of cancer cells to survive? This is no frivolous point, because it is well known that cancer can develop years before it is diagnosed, so some who are trying c60 personally may have early cancers they don't yet know about, especially if they are older. Would c60 help or worsen that? I'd like to hear what some of the more knowledgeable folks think. Has anyone reported the development of or diagnosis of cancer while on c60? Also, what effect might c60 have on any cancer treatment protocols? I am posting this here as a general thread, although this topic could almost be a thread unto itself.

#83 Krell

• Guest, F@H
  • 146 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

Hi all

I'm new and have been doing a lot of on-line research about c60 and am itching to try it. One question that i have not seen addressed is this: The Baati study indicated that none of the rats died of cancer. This is especially interesting to me as I am turning 62 and my father died of an aggressive prostate cancer at age 70. My question is this: While one could hope, based on the Baati study that c60 would have a protective effect against the development of cancer, have there been any reports of what happens when you give rats c60 who already have cancer? In other words, what effect would c60 have on cancer cells? While anyone who takes c60 is doing so with the expectation that c60 will improve cellular function, would c60 serve also to strengthen the ability of cancer cells to survive? This is no frivolous point, because it is well known that cancer can develop years before it is diagnosed, so some who are trying c60 personally may have early cancers they don't yet know about, especially if they are older. Would c60 help or worsen that? I'd like to hear what some of the more knowledgeable folks think. Has anyone reported the development of or diagnosis of cancer while on c60? Also, what effect might c60 have on any cancer treatment protocols? I am posting this here as a general thread, although this topic could almost be a thread unto itself.

I have been taking ~10mg c60oo once a week for 1.7 years, and I was recently treated for basal cell carcinoma of the eyelid. Noticed a little bump about 2 months ago. Had Mohs surgery last Thursday. Lost a few lower eyelashes!

#84 free10

• 152 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

Hi all

There are a couple of problems when discussing cancer. One is the cancer may be there for many years before it is even noticed, and even more so maybe with most prostate cancers that are slow growers and the growth or lack of it can be regulated by outside things like diet and even shrunk back in size. It is also not uncommon for men to have them, but then not die from them, because they die from something else first. Another problem is actually diagnosing them sucks, even when they do biopsies and they may say you do when you don't, and don't when you do. Like use car salesman they usually don't give you the finer points of the trade, as you talk to them. Buyer beware.

In lab studies prostate cancers don't seem to like or do well when certain substances are around like procaine, sodium selenite, quercetin, bromelain, turmeric and others. This would be mine kind of chemo if I suspected it. I think C60 as well. Just my thoughts

#85 seescaper

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

A basal cell can sometimes also grow slowly. It might have been present too small to be noticed prior to your c60. But if it developed AFTER you started c60, it would seem to negate the antitumor results of the Baati study.

People have gotten excited about telomerase activators but have concerns about whether they might be stimulatory of existing cancers. That would be their Achilles heel, if so. similarly, it would behoove those studying c60 to see how it affects rats who already have tumors. will it help, hurt, or be neutral? Until we know the answer to this, we must exercise some caution with c60, should we decide to try it. If i try it I will be following my PSA cautiously.

#86 free10

• 152 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:51 PM

A basal cell can sometimes also grow slowly. It might have been present too small to be noticed prior to your c60. But if it developed AFTER you started c60, it would seem to negate the antitumor results of the Baati study.

People have gotten excited about telomerase activators but have concerns about whether they might be stimulatory of existing cancers. That would be their Achilles heel, if so. similarly, it would behoove those studying c60 to see how it affects rats who already have tumors. will it help, hurt, or be neutral? Until we know the answer to this, we must exercise some caution with c60, should we decide to try it. If i try it I will be following my PSA cautiously.

TA65 was dumped into several different cancer cell cultures in the lab and nothing changed in them and they grew at a normal pace, so no worries there are very likely from it. Also PSA numbers are not all they were cracked up to be, if you check the literature on them. While dumping the TA65 in cancerous cultures seemed to not have an impact, it might in a good way when taken in by the body because of what seems to be a boost to the immune system over time. The same may be true of C60 in the body versus just cells in a lab.

#87 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:55 PM

There must be someone out there that has enough time and a little money on their hands to do an experiment at home and try the following

rats given c60-oo
every day from weaning
limited number of times (like in the study)
start from nearing the end of their life (say after 2 years, and some of those given just 1 big dose and others continuous)
start when a tumour develops
during pregnancy
autoimmune diseases like diabetes (I know mice have a NOD model - I work with them, maybe rats too?)

and play around with the dosage. Some given near 'trace amounts' to insane amounts.

Even if you didn't spend time measure bloods, keeping daily records etc, if the endgame was simply to see if the rats stayed healthy and lived longer. You could literally just keep them as pets. In that way, you could do this experiment and not need 'animal ethics protocols' etc because they are your 'pets'.

The downside would be the results (no matter how fantastic it could be) could never be 'official' but at least our small community could have some more answers and proof of the first study.

#88 free10

• 152 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:28 AM

There must be someone out there that has enough time and a little money on their hands to do an experiment at home and try the following

rats given c60-oo
every day from weaning
limited number of times (like in the study)
start from nearing the end of their life (say after 2 years, and some of those given just 1 big dose and others continuous)
start when a tumour develops
during pregnancy
autoimmune diseases like diabetes (I know mice have a NOD model - I work with them, maybe rats too?)

and play around with the dosage. Some given near 'trace amounts' to insane amounts.

Even if you didn't spend time measure bloods, keeping daily records etc, if the endgame was simply to see if the rats stayed healthy and lived longer. You could literally just keep them as pets. In that way, you could do this experiment and not need 'animal ethics protocols' etc because they are your 'pets'.

The downside would be the results (no matter how fantastic it could be) could never be 'official' but at least our small community could have some more answers and proof of the first study.

Trials from early life would

A take too long
B not benefit the people here who are are older than that.
C be more costly

I would propose late life short trials to see what worked and try combos of protocols from C60 in water, C60OO, TA65 and the like, and reactivating the mitochondria (niacinimide, R-Lipoic, Ubiquinol, Niagen). Lower cost, more likely to succeed, less time used up and the quicker people could apply it, if shown to be working perhaps saving more lives or at least giving them a better quality of life. Just my 2........

#89 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:05 PM

I propose a comprehensive C60 study in rats using a crowd funded study. We need someone to replicate Bati and hopefully go beyond Bati.. Here is a site to try if someone has the time and the science training to run it. I have no doubt we can raise enough money.
https://experiment.com/
http://www.forbes.co...o-find-bigfoot/
  • like x 3

#90 platypus

• Topic Starter
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:07 AM

I propose a comprehensive C60 study in rats using a crowd funded study. We need someone to replicate Bati and hopefully go beyond Bati.. Here is a site to try if someone has the time and the science training to run it. I have no doubt we can raise enough money.
https://experiment.com/
http://www.forbes.co...o-find-bigfoot/

Please someone set this up - I'm willing to donate and I assume many current users of c60oo would do the same.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users