procognitivedrug evp-6124 schizophrenia procognitive cognition

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Xenix

• 212 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

Posted Image
This is EVP-6124. Kind of reminds me or PRL-8-53/147

EVP-6124, is an oral alpha-7 nicotinic partial agonist. The alpha-7 nicotinic receptor is an acetylcholine receptor highly localized to the cortical and hippocampal regions of the brain. EVP-6124 acts as a coagonist in combination with acetylcholine to activate the receptor and enhance cognition, Dr. Ilise Lombardo explained at a meeting of the New Clinical Drug Evaluation Unit sponsored by the National Institute of Mental Health.

EnVivo’s preclinical research has demonstrated that memory deficits can be minimized or entirely reversed by activating the alpha-7 receptor with EVP-6124 alone or in combination with other AChE-Is in low doses (for example, donepezil). EVP-6124 has also been shown to increase the release of important neurotransmitters, notably glutamate, which is believed to be important in the pathology of schizophrenia.
EVP-6124 is being developed as a long-term treatment to restore and improve cognitive function with sustained effect in Alzheimer’s disease and schizophrenia.
...The phase IIb trial showed that adding once-daily EVP-6124 to standard antipsychotic medication resulted in statistically significant and clinically meaningful benefits compared with placebo in terms of global cognitive function on the CogState test.

EVP-6124 proved safe and well tolerated in phase II testing. There were fewer adverse events and study dropouts than with placebo.
Based on these encouraging results, two phase III studies are underway. Each of the 26-week studies will randomize roughly 700 patients with schizophrenia. The MCCB and SCoRS tests will be the coprimary endpoints.

http://www.internalm...38e782e8587b6d3
http://www.envivopha...e-nicotinic.php

Edited by Xenix, 09 November 2013 - 01:59 PM.

• like x 1

#2 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:11 PM

Check GTS-21. It has more research and really good nootropic effects. Too bad most half life's are pretty short.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 3AlarmLampscooter

• 352 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:45 AM

Too bad most half life's are pretty short.

That, and that I can't get anyone to quote me lower than $125/g for a larger scale custom synthesis of it :sad:

I'm still tempted to go for it anyway, but I'm still looking for other a7 nicotinic agonists and PAMs. I saw a paper a while back saying they potentiate each other.

#4 atrw55

• 20 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:52 AM

gts-21 available is? tht or tlr?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 atrw55

• 20 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:54 AM

I check memantine

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: procognitivedrug, evp-6124, schizophrenia, procognitive, cognition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users