Lions Mane Mushroom Experiences

lions man nootropics ngf bdnf

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 SnowFlake

• 28 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

Update:
No more palpitations. They have vanished completely. I have done some draining exercise the past couple of days too and didn't experience any arrhytmia -like symptoms.
I'm taking around 2-3 grams a day divided in two dosages - morning and afternoon.

#32 airplanepeanuts

• 352 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:14 PM

Update:
No more palpitations. They have vanished completely. I have done some draining exercise the past couple of days too and didn't experience any arrhytmia -like symptoms.
I'm taking around 2-3 grams a day divided in two dosages - morning and afternoon.

What are you taking it for? Has it helped?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#33 ron45

• 207 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

What have you noticed from Lion's mane?

I've been taking 5 grams nightly, but haven't really noticed any acute effects. Although, this might be due to the fact that I already supplement with a variety of other neurotrophic factors, such as ashwagandha, gotu kola, curcumin, uridine, intense exercise, etc. I wonder if the effects of lions mane are just another drop in the bucket, or if it works through a different mechanism than most ngf stimulators.

You bring up a vey good point re `drop in the bucket.' I have wondered about how one could differentiate between what are often similarly acting substances. I don't deny the posibility I'm just wondering.

I took 2 grams the other day of Swanson full spectrum Lion's Mane and did notice something. The way my head felt changed fairly quickly. but it wasn't something I'd seek out if I didn't think it was supposed to be doing some pretty beneficial stuff to my neurons. Same just now I took 2k ten minutes ago and I feel it in the back of my neck like no doze. It doesn't feel as smooth as garana or Rhodiola. The very first time there was a tiny bit of upset stomach but mild and short duration.

Since you are using some ayurvedic herbs… have you tried shilijit? I have some but haven't tried it yet.

Ron

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lions man, nootropics, ngf, bdnf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users