Possible Diabetes Cure With Resistant Starch

resistant starch

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:42 PM

I've just started taking 2tbs per day of potato starch, and interestingly have seen no increase in gas at all.

Too early to tell what benefits it might be having.

I was interested in this, not only for its benefits towards insulin sensitivity, but also for its purported effects on mental clarity/cognition. Another apparant interesting side effect is vivid dreams, although I haven't noticed anything yet.

#32 Strelok

• 370 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:58 PM

I've just started taking 2tbs per day of potato starch, and interestingly have seen no increase in gas at all.

I was interested in this, not only for its benefits towards insulin sensitivity, but also for its purported effects on mental clarity/cognition. Another apparant interesting side effect is vivid dreams, although I haven't noticed anything yet.

The studies indicating benefits from resistant starch used 30g of RS/day. So you actually need 4 tablespoons of starch to hit that mark. I also included these AOR probiotics in my regimen, which are strains known for producing butyric acid: http://www.aor.ca/pr...ed/probiotic-3/

As you may know, increased butyric acid production in the colon is one of the primary objectives of using RS.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:56 AM

The studies indicating benefits from resistant starch used 30g of RS/day. So you actually need 4 tablespoons of starch to hit that mark. I also included these AOR probiotics in my regimen, which are strains known for producing butyric acid: http://www.aor.ca/pr...ed/probiotic-3/

As you may know, increased butyric acid production in the colon is one of the primary objectives of using RS.

Thanks, brother. I'll work my way up to 4.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resistant starch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users