399 replies to this topic

#31 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:30 PM

Whoops I forgot, sorry.

#32 Puppeteer

• 127 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:46 PM

Brilliant! Sent my cash through. I'll post in the other thread for the people who aren't subscribed to this one.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#33 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:48 AM

This molecule any good for schizophrenia?

#34 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:11 AM

Possibly.. there are studies discussing the involvement of BDNF and TrkB in Schizophrenia, but up to date there hasn't been anything conclusive I think.
It does promote neurogenesis, which could be helpful. Maybe check out this article?

Edited by formergenius, 27 January 2014 - 01:14 AM.

• like x 1

#35 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:16 AM

Thanks for the paper, it is interesting for schizophrenia. Damn, would have love to join the group buy, though, I'm already settled with a clinical trial for cognitive dysfunction.

I'll follow the logs of this group.. @Socialpiranha, you were schizophrenic, right? Please keep us updated.

#36 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:31 AM

Yeah this is spot on for schizo. Worth a shot for nootropic potential and schizo.

#37 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:43 AM

:D

#38 socialpiranha

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:04 PM

Thanks for the paper, it is interesting for schizophrenia. Damn, would have love to join the group buy, though, I'm already settled with a clinical trial for cognitive dysfunction.

I'll follow the logs of this group.. @Socialpiranha, you were schizophrenic, right? Please keep us updated.

I was only ever diagnosed with bipolar 2 disorder but after the energy of my early twenties was gone it morphed into something resembling schizophrenia. The line is very blurry between the two in my eyes. I'm hoping it will help with cognitive performance issues which is a common thread through many disorders. It was you that was trying the new A7nACHr agonist wasn't it ? I'm looking forward to hearing your results on that when do you start?.

#39 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:47 PM

Schizophrenia is a disorder of multiple diseases anyway, vice versa, I might very well have some bipolar issues ;)

Yes, a selective partial a7 nAChr agonist EVP-6124. They told they would start recruiting somewhere in February, I'll maybe make a log or otherwise I'll post a thread about my experience on it.

#40 addx

• 711 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

I'd say bipolar/schizophrenia is a fear/desire switching disorder (kappa/mu opioid). Bipolar having more fears/desires associated through vasopressin while schizophrenia through oxytocin.
Manic period is desire functioning, depressive period is fear functioning.

Vasopressin would produce desire to integrate through conquest and fear of inability to do so.

Oxytocin would produce desire to integrate through support and fear of inability to do so.

I'd say

oxytocin + kappa = depression -> desperate schizophrenia
oxytocin + mu = love mania
vasopressin + kappa = depression -> aggressive shizophrenia
vasopressin + mu = agressive mania

The same axis can split all personality disorders all of which are often comorbid with bipolar.

Narcisistic personality disorder, borderline personality disorder and avoidant personality disorders all being fear driven. From those, NPD is more vasopressin associated, BPD is more oxytocin associated, AvPD is neutral.

Antisocial personality disorder(true psychopaths only with reduces fear, not anxious psychopaths), histrionic personality disorder and shizoid personality disorder are all desire driven while antisocial is vasopressin associated, histrionic is oxytocin associated and SPD is again neutral.

I believe a bipolar person is pretty much always functioning in sync with one of the personality disorders.

Interestingly, fear oriented personality disorders(I call them socially paranoid) feature "vague gender orientation" or in other words there are males with BPD and females with NPD or so they diagnose them. This is because fear oriented people let their ego be overwhelmed and repressed through external pressure forming a false self to replace it. This false self can infact be created to function as if it wasn't the same gender. A male can be pressured into thinking and behaving like a female at least externally - thus creating a male with BPD, a male with primarily oxytocin reacitvity. The repressed ego can not raise voice anymore so the true sexuality is "muddled" by the external false self whose sexuality depends on what others expect(and thus bringing forth the fact that homofobes are infact socially paranoid people who are unable to truly grasp their sexuality due to their ego being repressed with pressure of being heterosexual. The same social paranoia causes Inability to internaly face and know their true sexuality which causes them to validate it externaly by hating homosexuals - they validate that they're safe from their fear of being homosexual - or at least that others confirm it, because they' can't internally)

In contrast "socialy provocative" disorders, disorders of desire are strikingly gender biased. And while BPDers exhibit antisocial behavior and I fear the anxious psychopath is infact an NPDer or BPDer who's gone mental - the true psychopaths are strikingly male. As are HPDers female. Since these disorders do not feature an ego repressed from fears of the external, but by desires of the external. In that sense, they have freedom from pressure of fear and only need to pick gender biased desires in order fall into AsPD or HPD. The males inherent testosterone levels activate vasopressin far more than their estrogen acitvates oxytocin, vice versa in females - so the socialy provocative disorders are gender pure.

I'm saying all this because of implications for bipolar. A bipolar male BPDer would still to AsPD during mania rather than HPD. A bipolar female BPDer would switch to HPD during mania. A bipolar male with NPD would again switch to AsPD while a bipolar female with NPD would switch to HPD. That's my concept anyway :)

It does make some sense, but it's just my diletant ramblings.

Anyway, if it makes any sense, I'd love some feedback
  • like x 1

#41 lourdaud

• 516 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

^Eh I doubt it's as simple as that. Not saying oxytocin and vasopressin dysregulation aren't involved in schizophrenia/whatever but what makes you think this would be some exclusive root cause?

#42 neuroatypicow

• 123 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:00 PM

i'd like to join in on this group buy too(i'm in on the JDTIC buy too), if that is ok?

#43 socialpiranha

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

Yeah that's cool neuroatypicow, i think this one will go quite a bit quicker and smoother since we already have the source figured out!

#44 neuroatypicow

• 123 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:15 PM

groovy! thanks,
i'll pay straightaway.

#45 neuroatypicow

• 123 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:26 PM

paid!
woohoo!
so excited to try both of these preparations, one of the other (or both) should jump-start my depression-blunted cognitive abilities. don't need a total remission, just want to see a light break through the gray clouds, would like to be able to study some japanese, do my own taxes, practice sight-reading music, or even maintain decent personal hygiene, y'know? just make my day worth getting up for. : ( but i hold out hope : )

#46 socialpiranha

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

paid!
woohoo!
so excited to try both of these preparations, one of the other (or both) should jump-start my depression-blunted cognitive abilities. don't need a total remission, just want to see a light break through the gray clouds, would like to be able to study some japanese, do my own taxes, practice sight-reading music, or even maintain decent personal hygiene, y'know? just make my day worth getting up for. : ( but i hold out hope : )

i'm right there with ya
  • like x 1

#47 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:35 AM

Same. Paid.
Hope this goes fast :)

#48 datrat

• 144 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:15 AM

Paid. Thanks for setting this up SP.

Not to derail this with jdtic info, but just to let know I've been holding up on paying for it until we get a little closer to making the actual purchase.

Edited by datrat, 31 January 2014 - 01:21 AM.

#49 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:31 AM

Forgot about this.. I'm in if it isnt too late?

#50 AWATS

• 10 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:33 AM

I'd like to join too.

#51 Virtual Reality

• 118 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

When is the deadline for this group buy?

#52 socialpiranha

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

Depends on what the people who have paid want to do is everyone ok with placing the order next week?

#53 neuroatypicow

• 123 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

i'm fine with that, the sooner the better. i'm now off both of my psych meds, and have just been relying on nutraceutical supplementation to keep me going. it's up to you though isn't it? don't you need enough of us to have paid into it to get the lab to start on it?

#54 socialpiranha

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:22 PM

i'm fine with that, the sooner the better. i'm now off both of my psych meds, and have just been relying on nutraceutical supplementation to keep me going. it's up to you though isn't it? don't you need enough of us to have paid into it to get the lab to start on it?

No they have it in stock they don't need to synthesize it. We will plan to place the order next week unless anyone has any objections.

#55 neuroatypicow

• 123 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

ah, that's even preferrable. i'm amenable to next week, so say we all?

#56 datrat

• 144 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

next week sounds great.

#57 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

I concur.

#58 socialpiranha

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

I'm going to need someone in europe to help distribute within europe anyone up for it? also it wouldn't hurt to have one for the U.S either.

#59 Puppeteer

• 127 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:01 PM

The sooner the better, naturally. Are there any issues with shipping to Australia?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#60 socialpiranha

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:50 PM

I don't anticipate any problems Puppeteer.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: neurogenesis, antidepressant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users