Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 olaf.larsson

• 583 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:59 AM

I can not log in to the forum using my email however it works to log in with my username.

Second there are issues related to becoming a member:

When i click the page "I'm already registered on the forum" link at:

http://www.imminst.org/join

I come to a page stating: "Sorry, we could not locate the page you are requesting to view."

Next I try the http://www.longecity.org/membership link in the menu to the left..

I log on Paypal. Paypal wants me to have a credit card which I should link to my Paypal account. I don't use any credit cards so I can not become a member although I have money on my PayPal account. I want to pay with Paypal. How can I become a full member?

The current Longecity forum unfortunately has many issues I don't understand why you some years changed the well working Imminst.org forum for this version. It is obvious that the messy layout and dysfunctionality of various features makes users less inclined to participate, contribute to, and spend time on the forum. Longecity has a userbase of fantastic intelligent people it has the potential to become great. It is a great idea and place on the internet, unfortunately the implementation is far from optimal.

Edited by olaf.larsson, 04 January 2014 - 06:17 AM.

• dislike x 1

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,042 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:13 AM

Sorry to hear about your troubles making a payment. It should not be that complicated or difficult. I will send Paypal a message to find out a solution.

And, yes, the forum could be better. Thanks for pointing out the deficiencies. If you know of any programmers who could help implement some fixes let us know.

#3 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,042 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

Have you tried the eCheck option? Is it possible to use this option in order to make the member payment?

An eCheck is a payment that you make directly from your bank account.

Just like a regular check, it usually takes between 3 and 5 business days for an eCheck to clear and the money to appear in the recipient’s PayPal account.

Both eChecks and Instant Transfers are ways to pay with your bank account. With an eCheck, the recipient receives the money in a few days. With an Instant Transfer, the recipient receives the money right away.

To send an eCheck, just link your bank account to your PayPal account.

Linking your bank account is easy and fast. If you do online banking, you can usually link your bank account in just a few minutes. Once you’ve linked your bank, using it to pay for things is secure. Merchants get paid but they never see your bank account details. They won’t even know what bank you use.

Here's how to send an eCheck:

• Click Send Money.
  • Enter the required information.
  • Click Continue.
  • Click Change.
  • Select eCheck.
  • Click Continue.
  • Review the information and click Send Money to complete the transaction.

#4 olaf.larsson

• Topic Starter
  • 583 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

I got a software solution from my swedish bank for creating "temporary credit card information"; number, exp date, code that is mapped to my real creditcard so that the credit card info can not used by someone else. I try to become a full member. After filling the form with creditcard information I get a message "There was a problem processing your payment please try again". No information whatsoever what the "problem" consist of.

#5 olaf.larsson

• Topic Starter
  • 583 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:30 PM

Finally I became a full member. What sections of the forum are for full members?

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: log in, membership, full member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users