• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

For nicotine addicts - a healthy smoking way to get nicotine in your system

nicotine vapors vaping clearomizer pro propylene glycol vegetable glycerin cigarette

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 YoungSchizo

• Topic Starter
  • 855 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

CAS 64-17-5 200-578-6 indicates it's EtOH, the 5% that's in it is still a mystery.

Anyway, I'll burn it with something whenever I feel like a pyromaniac :happy:

#32 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

The European Union agreed in February 2013 of the mutual procedures for the complete denaturing of alcohol:[4] Per hectolitre (100 L) of absolute ethanol: 3 litres of isopropyl alcohol (IPA), 3 litres of methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) and 1 gram denatonium benzoate.

You don't want to ingest that, if you can avoid it. (though it is probably less bad on you than Methanol)

However, if the CAS is correct, you are not really looking at denatured alcohol but rather straight up ethanol. In that case, the 5% would be water (if they had put in something different, they would have to declare that) as you cannot really get Ethanol above 96% without nasty tricks...

Edited by nupi, 23 January 2014 - 07:33 PM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Darian

• 16 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:46 PM

Isopropyl alcohol is less toxic than methanol. If you rinse well, dry burn it, or give it some time to dry it, it should evaporate just fine.

I recommend you just use bleach though. A 5.25% sodium hypochlorite solution that will oxidize any organic chromophores on the wicks.

I'm not really sure if bleach will weaken the wick though. Bleach has a tendency to weaken fibers especially if used straight. And I tried it diluted but it worked best straight.

If anything I can replace my wick, but if you don't feel like replacing yours, just use water or isopropyl alcohol.
  • like x 1

#34 YoungSchizo

• Topic Starter
  • 855 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:06 PM

I guess I'm unlucky with clearomizers, my Protank 3 had to be returned because manufacturing errors. I bought two cheap ones for the time being, one with top and one with bottom coil. They both "died" after one week use, cleaned both with warm water (even tried vinegar) and dry burned it yesterday, didn't help though, it doesn't give any flavor and burns my throat, turning the volts down helps a little getting the flavor but I don't get the sensation of a 4.8V throat hit like it did when they were new.

I'll try bleaching, don't want to invest in another clearo, my Protank should be returned somewhere next week.

#35 Darian

• 16 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:08 PM

I guess I'm unlucky with clearomizers, my Protank 3 had to be returned because manufacturing errors. I bought two cheap ones for the time being, one with top and one with bottom coil. They both "died" after one week use, cleaned both with warm water (even tried vinegar) and dry burned it yesterday, didn't help though, it doesn't give any flavor and burns my throat, turning the volts down helps a little getting the flavor but I don't get the sensation of a 4.8V throat hit like it did when they were new.

I'll try bleaching, don't want to invest in another clearo, my Protank should be returned somewhere next week.

On second thought, don't bleach the wick. Use oxyclean or hydrogen peroxide instead.

Chlorine bleach tends to damage and weaken fibers and other things.. although since I'm going to replace my clearomizer soon, I guess it wouldn't hurt to do it once more.

Edit: On third thought, bleach doesn't seem to really affect the integrity of silica wick. It went from dark red/brown (like a deep dark sanguine) to an off-white. Going to dry burn, refill and give it a go. xD

Edited by Darian, 27 January 2014 - 01:24 PM.

#36 YoungSchizo

• Topic Starter
  • 855 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:57 PM

Isn't just better to buy a roll of silica wicks and change it once I have my Protank3? I don't know (yet) where to buy those wicks, the stores won't sell it or they wouldn't make any profit on coils anymore.

btw. the dutch stores only sell 30ml liquid and is around $13,- the better flavor brands 30ml $17,- What does it cost for you? Once I have found a favorite flavor I need to buy a big bottle outside the Netherlands, I guess it's way cheaper that way.

#37 Darian

• 16 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:58 AM

$10 USD for 30mL liquid at 18mg/mL and for 36mg/mL it costs about $18 or so per 30 mL.

Yes you can buy a roll of silica wick and a roll of kanthal wire and just rebuild your clearomizer. But that only works if you have a rebuildable clearomizer.

I just bought a near clearomizer today since my last one lasted 6 weeks. $6.48 USD exactly. Not a bad investment, really. Works way better than the other one. Dem plumes of vaporrr

#38 YoungSchizo

• Topic Starter
  • 855 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:04 AM

100ml liquid for 13.99EUR @ Bargainvapour

I don't think you will find a cheaper source than this one, I ordered, I'll let you guys know if it is worth it!

#39 panhedonic

• 390 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 12:17 AM

I never smoked cigarettes and I just bought a vaper. A new vice is welcome to my life. Rejoice. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#40 mbdrinker

• 138 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 September 2023 - 10:31 AM

In russia eliquids stronger than 2mg/ml are prohibited. So vaporing is no longer possible as it gives no effect at all. Damn! In 2010 i bought 24mg/ml from heavengifts.com and it was so strong that i had to dilute it x2 to smoke. Not to mention that usual cigarettes are crap here made from some soaked paper instead of tobacco. I see no way to solve that problem

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nicotine, vapors, vaping, clearomizer, pro, propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, cigarette

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users