Cocaine and tone deafness

cocaine note tone kappa opioid

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 addx

• 711 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:52 PM

A tangent of the kappa opioid/JDTic facts.

I have known for a decade already a function of cocaine on me. I have not found other people with the same experience but in me it has been 100% repeatable and it has been confirmed by a few musicians as well, read on.

Every cocaine binge(or amph binge) some time into the binge(when there's already some acute tolerance developed into the binge) it seems that my tone deafness is obliterated.

Normally I am not able to carry a tune and to me it seems like a brain malfunction rather than "something you're born with". I made a lot of music as a kid, I can hear notes and imagine notes to sing, but coordinating vocal chords, audio senses and imagined note to sing seems to malfunction in my brain - exactly like that.

Anyway, when into a cocaine binge I suddenly get an ability to sing and amazing at that. Not only do I get an ability to easily carry a tune, my voice range spreads out, my vocal chords are easily controlled and my lungs are tight, precisely controlled to allow diaphragm singing and pitching correct tones.

That's one thing.

What I have been doing for the past year or so is frequent low dose cocaine, but not bingeing. I do a line and wait for complete withdrawal before the next or don't even do the next. Anyway, more often random lines, but never binges.

This, and maybe marihuana, has caused a weird kind of tolerance to develop. I am mostly tolerant now to the one line, it sedates me, it actually increases apetite and makes me scater brained, confused, unable to access knowledge or something. When withdrawal starts it makes me a bit nervous and sweaty but after that I feel good, so cocaine is now good for in withdrawal mostly :)
Since the lines make me feel more crappy than good, I am not addicted, although I have developed tolerance. I do get urges to do cocaine when highly stressed but this doesn't bother me.
I don't get them normally, not even from displaying cocaine in front of me. So in that segment all is well. I function as a person that has been addicted but succesfully ended it.

Anyway, the tolerance that I have developed seems to be the same kind as the acute tolerance that develops, but as it is chronic it is stable, it remains even without cocaine in my system. This state generally I feel makes me kinda depressed and easily overwhelmed and stressed out, BUT

I now have almost constant ability to sing - not at the level as the acute cocaine binges but I have a new ability now that makes me even more happy.

I gained an ability to truly hear a tone as a note, it's different than before. I can distinguish it, it sounds beautiful and clear and it is such a point to sing and hit the note, and memorizing and having "thoughts" of these tones is different. They are not sounds but more like "audio colors" and I can now grasp the ability that allows great musicians to be what they are.

This is kinda similar to what nootropics did for a short while to me - increase audio perception, ability to distinguish simultaneous sounds and hear them all at the same time but separately. But this is different, only notes "ring" in my brain differently now, not all sounds, it seems notes now hit/memorize/ring in another part of my brain, probably an emotional part, it's like the notes have emotions dunno.

The final point - it is well known that cocaine and other drugs develop tolerance mainly through the kappa opioid receptor upregulation. Cocaine has especially been proven to upregulate KOR in many many studies and it has been proven that acute tolerance to cocaine that develops during a binge is facilitated by KOR. This is how this thread is an offshoot of the JDTic thread.

Anyway, I wanted to share this and see if there are any thoughts on the subject. I could not find any source on the internet about "adjusting tone/note deafness" with neurochemicals or anyone even postulating that it could be remedied like that. I also find it interesting why this happens to me and not some other tone deaf people I know.

---------

Parallel to the development of tolerance and a slow but steady ability to hear notes and sing them out(even with bad vocal chord control) another thing developed. My orgasms slowly and steadily became greater and longer up to the point where I now can't resist rolling up my eyes and shivering for 2-3 minutes. I am male and this seems like a very intense female orgasm. There is nothing wrong with ejaculation or semen, lots of it.

My world is very depressed most of the time, and I try to ignore it by acting stupid, but I don't feel very nice when I sum it up. But it seems the intense orgasms and the audio effects are positives that developed and quite interesting.

Edited by addx, 23 January 2014 - 03:00 PM.

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cocaine, note, tone, kappa opioid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users