- - - - -

EVP-6124 group buy

working memory executive function schizophrenia alzheimer

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

#211 aarfai

• 75 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:35 AM

Megatrone did confirm that the lab will indeed be shipping me the missing amount. Big thank you to him and cryonicsculture!

#212 megatron

• Topic Starter
  • 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:16 AM

So, anyone tried it yet?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#213 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:31 AM

My bottle arrived yesterday afternoon. Thanks CC!

Attached File  image.jpg   117.54KB   0 downloads

I'll hit the liquor store when it opens at 10.00 a.m.
  • like x 1

#214 bkaz

• 85 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:22 PM

So, anyone tried it yet?

I am on a second day, half-pipet (~1mg?) ~ 8AM. Skipped my usual tea, only 250 mg Alcar & 50 g 72% chocolate. Pretty sure there is a significant "calm focus" effect, similar to modafinil. But it only lasts ~ 6hrs, did not mess-up my sleep. So far so good. 

#215 megatron

• Topic Starter
  • 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:41 PM

Any updates from the ones who have tried it? 

#216 YOLF

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:57 PM

Welcome Metagene!

#217 megatron

• Topic Starter
  • 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:24 PM

There's gotta be more people who have tried it now. Any updates?

#218 bkaz

• 85 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:03 PM

I am on the 8th day, ~1mg in 8AM, + 100 alpha GPC + 250 Alcar.

All in all, a good clean stimulant, kind of like moda but doesn't mess-up my sleep. In fact, I think it makes it better.

It kicks in in ~2 hrs & works for another ~6-8 hrs.

Adding a little tea gives me an interesting "tunnel vision" focus, but also acts on heart, I wouldn't want to work out afterwards.

Didn't notice anything special, but YMMV. I use it for focus, don't have any "condition", except for a severe generalist cognitive bias:

http://cognitive-foc...eralist-vs.html

#219 megatron

• Topic Starter
  • 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:16 PM

All in all, a good clean stimulant, kind of like moda but doesn't mess-up my sleep. In fact, I think it makes it better.

Adding a little tea gives me an interesting "tunnel vision" focus, but also acts on heart, I wouldn't want to work out afterwards.

Didn't notice anything special, but YMMV. I use it for focus, don't have any "condition", except for a severe generalist cognitive bias:

Thanks for the update bkaz! Have you noticed anything working memory-wise? Have you taken any tests like DNB or the Cambridge tests? Would you try and experiment with a higher dose, like 2 mg one day?

#220 agora

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:38 PM

How do you guys think it will work for ADHD? What about tolerance? Theoretically there shouldn't be tolerance due to how the a7 nicotinic receptor works but still curious. I've been trying to look for alternatives to vyvanse.

#221 bkaz

• 85 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:45 PM

Thanks for the update bkaz! Have you noticed anything working memory-wise? Have you taken any tests like DNB or the Cambridge tests? Would you try and experiment with a higher dose, like 2 mg one day?

My pleasure, thanks for organizing Megatrone.

I didn't do any testing, my work is not easily testable. I don't necessarily want to improve working memory at the expense of subconscious association, - this balance should be task-specific.

1mg is stimulating enough for me. don't want to overdo it. But I am unusually sensitive to stimulants in general. 

#222 typ3z3r0

• 93 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:47 AM

How do you guys think it will work for ADHD? What about tolerance? Theoretically there shouldn't be tolerance due to how the a7 nicotinic receptor works but still curious. I've been trying to look for alternatives to vyvanse.

Despite the proposed beneficial effects of nAChRa7 agonism, it remains uncertain whether chronic treatment with agonists provide suboptimal benefit due to sustained activation and subsequent desensitization of nAChRa7's.
In contrast to agonists, nAChRa7 PAMs can reinforce endogenous cholinergic transmission without directly stimulating the target receptor. Thus, PAMs can selectively modulate the activity of ACh at nAChRa7's, preserving the activation and deactivation kinetics of the receptor, without leading to desensitization after prolonged binding to the receptor. Accordingly, nAChRa7 selective PAMs have emerged as potential drug candidates.

→ source (external link)

Edited by typ3z3r0, 24 May 2014 - 04:50 AM.

#223 Muad'Dib

• 36 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:39 PM

Any updates on Hungarian customs..

• like x 1

#224 Dazzcat

• 91 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:13 AM

Thankfully my  EVP-6124 arrived safely, thank you very much CryoC for the selfless effort in doing a very good job with packaging and measuring, also of course Megatrone for being a great group leader and organizer.

Now I just need to find me some pure ethanol or DMSO, unfortunately (or fortunately depending on intended use) they do not sell food grade ethanol in our liquor stores here and online it goes for $150us per litre (alcohol tax), where as DMSO is very cheap, though I will exhaust all options for ethanol first.

Visual description of current batch of EVP-6124 for reference:-

Course amber/brown crystalline substance.

Edited by Dazzcat, 28 May 2014 - 12:16 AM.

#225 megatron

• Topic Starter
  • 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:32 PM

Boni went to the customs office in Budapest to check the status of the package. The only thing the officers said to him was that it was still at the lab for testing, and that they couldn't release any information till it was returned to office. Ridiculous, I know.

Any other US participants tried it yet?  

#226 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:29 AM

Ahh, well at least it's being tested and not simply confiscated. Good to know.

#227 focus83

• 216 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:14 AM

Any updates on the customs confiscation?

#228 mikee37

• 8 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:37 AM

bump would like to know update

#229 megatron

• Topic Starter
  • 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:32 AM

Unfortunately, I still have no idea what's going on. It shouldn't take three months to have a drug tested though. 

#230 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:20 PM

Any reports on this? Am interested if it has any potential ADHD benefits

#231 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:46 PM

Bump

#232 bkaz

• 85 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

Yeah, doesn't seem to be much discussion here. Probably because no one's noticing effects. I thought I felt stimulant effect the first couple days, but it was probably placebo. I used-up my 30 doses, 1mg in the morning, every other day to compare effects, - nada.

• like x 2

#233 YOLF

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:25 PM

There was quite a difference in the color before I opened the bag than after. Perhaps it has to be stabilized or formulated/aliquoted in an inert environment?

#234 megatron

• Topic Starter
  • 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:04 AM

After recently talking to Bonee, it does look like all hope of receiving this molecule for European participants has faded. Hungarian customs still refuse to give any information regarding the status of the shipment. Most likely, they spent all the product on having it analyzed, since it was such a small amount. I am truly very sorry guys for everyone who lost money on this group buy. In future group buys we should really not go for molecules with such potency and pricing. 

Here is the tracking number to try and show people that the shipment never arrived, and that I didn't take it for myself or anything:

EE932858069CN 

http://www.ems.com.cn/english.html

#235 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:27 PM

Well that's disappointing..

Any new data from those who have received their batch?

#236 megatron

• Topic Starter
  • 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:08 PM

I still have a very hard time understanding that the people who tried it didn't notice any effects. Could it simply be that the dosing was too low in a healthy human? As with GTS-21, these trials are done on humans, not rodents:

"Secondary efficacy endpoints suggested that EVP-6124 given in addition to therapy with the acetyl cholinesterase inhibitors donepezil or rivastigmine appeared to improve attention, verbal fluency, and executive function as measured on  tests in the CogState or NTB batteries"

"This trial was reported to have met its primary and most secondary endpoints, showing that people on the highest dose improved over baseline. "

http://www.alzforum....ics/encenicline

Try to understand it if you can, cause I surely don't.

Edited by Megatrone, 04 September 2014 - 08:10 PM.

#237 YOLF

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:30 PM

As I think I mentioned earlier (might have been in a PM), it was a powdery substance when I took it out of the bag but it quickly became sticky when exposed to air. I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. Perhaps what we're missing and what the studies aren't telling us is that the substance is highly reactive and requires immediate packaging in a vacuum or inert gas environment.

I was wearing nitrile gloves and using stainless steel labware.

Aarfai received his direct from the company though. So I'm interested to know if he noticed anything similar or got benefits from taking the stuff.

#238 VERITAS INCORRUPTUS

• 257 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:51 PM

Notably, the mechanism of action was not really that viable for the research goals that appeared to be pursued by most.

If anyone conducted research on AD, schizophrenia, or nicotine cessation models they may have seen superior results.

Within these models similar or superior results can be seem with our agent Alseventin-OA, which is as well somewhat superior to GTS-21 within these paradigms in our testing.

We have reduced the price temporarily for those who may wish to conduct such research.

We as well are going to patent with an agent that is overall superior to dihexa and has the same spectrum of pathways of activity.  Not sure what we'll call it and we won't release until the patent is issued (hopefully sooner than later).  Someone within TeamTLR proposed Hepgromim, for the actions within the sphere of being an HGF mimetic, but I'm not so sure there. ;)

#239 aarfai

• 75 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:00 PM

Hi guys, I have yet to dose the EVP-6124 I received direct from the company since I didn't notice much from the initial EVP-6124 I received. However, given the circumstances, I will probably give the new batch a try and update everyone soon afterwards.  

Edited by aarfai, 04 September 2014 - 11:01 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#240 YOLF

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:19 AM

Hi guys, I have yet to dose the EVP-6124 I received direct from the company since I didn't notice much from the initial EVP-6124 I received. However, given the circumstances, I will probably give the new batch a try and update everyone soon afterwards.  

I suppose the best thing to do would be to clean out the bottle you have and immediately place the substance into alcohol. I'd wait until we get that worked out before we waste this opportunity.

Comments? Thoughts?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: working memory, executive function, schizophrenia, alzheimer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users