- - - - -

Glutathione IV!

glutathione

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 JohnD60

• 540 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:06 AM

My gf gave me an IV on the weekend, lol she was going to do it the prior weekend but wouldn't do it until I thoroughly cleaned my place..

60mg of it along with some vitamin C and an hour or so on a drip. I do feel good probably placebo, can't say there is anything that out of the ordinary, my skin looks great but it could be placebo/wishful thinking.

Only 60mg Glutathione? And it took an hour to IV only 60mg? The vials that I bought are 1500mg Glutathione each, they are to be dissolved in 5ml of water based Vit C solution. 60mg of Glutathione at that concentration would only be 0.2 ml, it shouldn't take very long to IV 0.2ml.

#32 Adamzski

• Topic Starter
  • 674 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:23 AM

ah was 600mg.. a vial, might not have been an hour but would have been very close to it

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Adamzski

• Topic Starter
  • 674 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:34 PM

I just had another go of it. Looking around on the web there is a ton of info on this and smoking, i'm a smoker so this could be a great thing for me to try out.

Was very tired earlier but i'm light on my feet now after 600mg, no vitamin c this time as i'm just not sure about taking large amounts of it, seems it is ok orally up to a sensible dose of the 2g I take a day but unless I am trying to do something in particular with the C it does not seem useful to take more.

20140516_194641.jpg20140516_193654.jpg

My home Hospital

I will try to keep up weekly 600mg doses for 6 weeks then just have a dose every now and then.

And GetMaxed, my source is for free, I cant get bulk amounts of it but could get myself a vial every few weeks. My gf's hospital gives it to her and she can grab another and say its for her sister or something every now and then. The needle is no problem, some people might have hard veins to find or get into and it may make it more uncomfortable but I don't know if it is something new but the IV is plastic, the needle just pierces the skin and a tiny plastic tube is left in you, its much more comfortable than i thought it would be.

#34 Phoenicis

• 339 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:43 PM

Interesting post Adamzski, but you should seriously quit smoking otherwise you could be wasting your time and money. I did it, so can you!

Edited by Phoenicis, 16 May 2014 - 01:43 PM.

• Agree x 1

#35 Phoenicis

• 339 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:48 PM

Not asking you for medical advice or anything but what would a good oral supplementation regimen look like? Would vitamin C need to be included?

Eur J Nutr. 2014 May 5. 
Richie JP Jr1, Nichenametla S, Neidig W, Calcagnotto A, Haley JS, Schell TD, Muscat JE.
PURPOSE:
Glutathione (GSH), the most abundant endogenous antioxidant, is a critical regulator of oxidative stress and immune function. While oral GSH has been shown to be bioavailable in laboratory animal models, its efficacy in humans has not been established. Our objective was to determine the long-term effectiveness of oral GSH supplementation on body stores of GSH in healthy adults.
METHODS:
A 6-month randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled trial of oral GSH (250 or 1,000 mg/day) on GSH levels in blood, erythrocytes, plasma, lymphocytes and exfoliated buccal mucosal cells was conducted in 54 non-smoking adults. Secondary outcomes on a subset of subjects included a battery of immune markers.
RESULTS:
GSH levels in blood increased after 1, 3 and 6 months versus baseline at both doses. At 6 months, mean GSH levels increased 30-35 % in erythrocytes, plasma and lymphocytes and 260 % in buccal cells in the high-dose group (P < 0.05). GSH levels increased 17 and 29 % in blood and erythrocytes, respectively, in the low-dose group (P < 0.05). In most cases, the increases were dose and time dependent, and levels returned to baseline after a 1-month washout period. A reduction in oxidative stress in both GSH dose groups was indicated by decreases in the oxidized to reduced glutathione ratio in whole blood after 6 months. Natural killer cytotoxicity increased >twofold in the high-dose group versus placebo (P < 0.05) at 3 months.
CONCLUSIONS:
These findings show, for the first time, that daily consumption of GSH supplements was effective at increasing body compartment stores of GSH.
PMID: 24791752

#36 Adamzski

• Topic Starter
  • 674 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:19 PM

Yes I am smoking more and more the ecigs, I have cut down to less than 20 real cigs per day now and will continue until I am down to 0 real cigs.

I think that if someone smokes or has previously smoked then oral glutathione would work. I will be getting some tablets.

Am really unsure what 6 weeks of this IV'd will do but if I see any kind of benefit then I will try to IV it monthly

• unsure x 1
  • like x 1

#37 Phoenicis

• 339 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:22 PM

thanks for the info, keep fighting the good fight and tell us what your results are!

Edited by Phoenicis, 16 May 2014 - 02:23 PM.

#38 nickdino

• 162 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:36 AM

So which form should i buy to raise glutathion levels? Really confused now, cellgevity,liposomal, sag, what else?

#39 Adamzski

• Topic Starter
  • 674 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:54 PM

20140718_212122.jpg20140718_211824.jpg

I have only been taking it monthly, after a few times spaced ~10 days apart. Cant say that it has done anything and I don't think I have taken it enough to really notice anything, my skin is pretty good but has not noticeably improved and I do not do that much that tests my lung capacity. Im in good health and always have been with no illnesses or physical conditions of any sort ever.

I will keep taking it IV when I get the chance but I am also interested in supplementing with it, so what would be the best type? Or any recomendation of type/brand that is available at iherb?

#40 world33

• 214 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:07 AM

Olafur Pall Olafsson the question is have you ever tried oral gluthanione in your life or just based your decision on academic literature?
I tried Setria Gluthanione 500mg and for me it was impressive if not life changing; and for all other skepticals out there it was not just a Placebo effect.
People should stop giving their definitive sentences about supplements based only on studies or even their own personal experiences.
I am C667T homozygous and possibly have fatty liver, as my mother, and since starting oral Gluthanione I feel like I used to feel 20 years ago, no brain fog, less fatigue and better memory.
We are all genetically different, with different genetic mutations and expressions, and what does work for me it might not work for you and vice versa.
If oral supplementation of Gluthanione would not be absorbed somehow I would not feel such an amazing feeling after taking it. I base on my own personal experience but I would not tell other people that oral Gluthanione is useless or a waste of time just because it did not work for me or because I read some academic literature.
Try something before opening your mouth.

#41 Olafur Pall Olafsson

• 24 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 08:04 AM

Olafur Pall Olafsson the question is have you ever tried oral gluthanione in your life or just based your decision on academic literature?

I am not even going to answer that because the answer has no bearing on whether glutathione is absorbed or not. Even if someone would take glutathione and feel some effects from taking it he still cannot claim that it was absorbed. Why? Because lots of chemicals have measureable or noticeable effects without necessarily being absorbed intact.

I tried Setria Gluthanione 500mg and for me it was impressive if not life changing; and for all other skepticals out there it was not just a Placebo effect.

I am not denying your personal experience but I am saying you cannot use that experience as basis for claims that it was necessarily absorbed or that the effect was not placebo. Even if you were to do a blinded on and off experiment where you randomly cycle glutathione supplementation for several cycles and were to note a clear effect that always occured on the on period then the only thing you can conclude is that the supplement is likely having some effect on you. You cannot state that it was absorbed because absorption intact is not a periquisite for a compound having a noticeable effect on your body.

People should stop giving their definitive sentences about supplements based only on studies or even their own personal experiences.

People that don't know much about how supplements and drugs work and what happens to them once ingested should listen and learn before they start making stupid claims on whether they are absorbed or not.

I am C667T homozygous and possibly have fatty liver, as my mother, and since starting oral Gluthanione I feel like I used to feel 20 years ago, no brain fog, less fatigue and better memory.
We are all genetically different, with different genetic mutations and expressions, and what does work for me it might not work for you and vice versa.

Sure we are different there is no denying that. If something appears to be working for you then great, keep doing it, but don't be too bold on making statements on what is having the effect or how if you don't know much about the subject.

If oral supplementation of Gluthanione would not be absorbed somehow I would not feel such an amazing feeling after taking it.

Sorry but that's not necessarily true. You cannot make such statements because absorption is not always necessesary for noticeable effects and you cannot literally feel it being absorbed. Educate yourself on drug pharmacokinetics before making such stupid statements.

I base on my own personal experience but I would not tell other people that oral Gluthanione is useless or a waste of time just because it did not work for me or because I read some academic literature.
Try something before opening your mouth.

This comment of yours is ridiculous. When you are at the doctor and he prescribes some drug for you and claims it works for something, do you say "try it before opening your mouth" or do you trust that he is educated on the matter and knows what he is talking about? Any reasonable person would do the latter.
Note I am not saying that oral glutathione (or any other supplement for the matter) is useless for every single person on this planet, or has some effect in every single person on this planet. You can find exceptions to almost everything. However my statement that oral glutathione is mostly useless for any person eating a relatively normal diet still stands as a reasonable one given the evidence I presented in this thread. Your N=1 personal experience is only a drop in the ocean in terms of the evidence needed to change that fact.

I can't help but wonder if you're actually selling this Setria brand of glutathione since you seem to be so heavily interested in getting people to believe it works.
  • Needs references x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#42 world33

• 214 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 November 2015 - 09:43 AM

Olafur Pall Olafsson judging from your first answer it sounds like you have never tried it in your life time. Come back and write your own review and personal experience, not just a sterile list of academic literature on its theoretical absorption, once you have tried it personally. It might not have any effect on you because of your relatively young age or because you do not have any genetic mutation or liver condition but at least you will not base your judgement just on anal review of academic literature. You can choose any brand as far as I am concerned; I am not selling or being affiliated with any brand and I will personally buy a different brand just to compare and possibly try IM delivery, with an open mind. With regards to absorption, or any other semantic variation you consider more appropriate to define the positive effect of the oral ingestion of glutathione, I prefer to judge by my body and mental level of response not, once again, from sterile academic literature.
With regards to your last answer, I could not care less of what you or any doctor would recommend me to take or not to take. If I would listen to doctors I would still rely on anti-depressants and habit-forming benzos to treat my morning anxiety. They have no idea of genetic mutations such as MTHFR ones that limit the conversion of folic acid and folate into its active form methylfolate. My suggestion is be open minded, do your own research and try any safe supplement that could have a benefit on your condition; do not rely on stupid and sterile theoretical advice such as the one made by Olafsson.

Edited by world33, 15 November 2015 - 10:00 AM.

• dislike x 2
  • Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#43 Olafur Pall Olafsson

• 24 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 09:52 PM

Olafur Pall Olafsson judging from your first answer it sounds like you have never tried it in your life time. Come back and write your own review and personal experience, not just a sterile list of academic literature on its theoretical absorption, once you have tried it personally.

That's a really dumb thing to do unless perhaps you have some very bad health condition that you clearly notice physically and have already tried the evidence backed solutions to no avail only then might it be a good idea to start trying out all kinds of things just to see if they work. Of course this method only works if you have some health condition you can notice yourself if it improves. Painful arthritis is one example, if you have that you could test some things and see if you feel less pain. But me f.ex. I don't have arhtitis and my joints feel great. I could try a bunch of arthritis supplements and drugs and not feel a thing because my joints are already feeling great. I would just be wasting my money.

It might not have any effect on you because of your relatively young age or because you do not have any genetic mutation or liver condition but at least you will not base your judgement just on anal review of academic literature. You can choose any brand as far as I am concerned; I am not selling or being affiliated with any brand and I will personally buy a different brand just to compare and possibly try IM delivery, with an open mind.

I have an open mind too and I never said it couldn't possibly help some people but that still doesn't make it a good idea to just go about spending money on trying out supplements with low evidence of benefit. There are hundreds of other supplements I could try out and see if I notice any benefits but it wouldn't be a smart idea. The point about it likely not having effect on me because I am young and healthy, yes, exactly! There is one of the main reason I don't rely on testing supplements. I have tried dozens of supplements in my life and can only quickly recall two that had noticeable effects on me. One is beta-alanine, which caused tingling, and niacin, which also caused tingling. In case of the beta-alanine the tingling is normal and therefore the tingling sensation gave me a nice confirmation that the beta-alanine product I was taking was good quality and actually contained the stated amount of beta-alanine. The tingling didn't mean it necessarily worked or had positive effects on my health, I cannot detect whether it does therefore I go by what the evidence says. The same with niacin, tingling is a normal side effect of high dose niacin and the fact that I felt tingling meant that the supplement likely contained a good amount of niacin but it didn't say much at all about whether the niacin was beneficial or not, to know that it was best for me to examine the scientific literature, which I of course had done before hand.

With regards to absorption, or any other semantic variation you consider more appropriate to define the positive effect of the oral ingestion of glutathione, I prefer to judge by my body and mental level of response not, once again, from sterile academic literature.

Well that's very stupid to do. Yes you should always listen to your body also, but in most cases that still doesn't tell you much. Using the scientific literature is more appropriate, that's why scientists do that.

With regards to your last answer, I could not care less of what you or any doctor would recommend me to take or not to take. If I would listen to doctors I would still rely on anti-depressants and habit-forming benzos to treat my morning anxiety. They have no idea of genetic mutations such as MTHFR ones that limit the conversion of folic acid and folate into its active form methylfolate. My suggestion is be open minded, do your own research and try any safe supplement that could have a benefit on your condition; do not rely on stupid and sterile theoretical advice such as the one made by Olafsson.

You should care what your doctor recommends although you should never take his recommendation blindly. Why? Because he knows a lot of stuff you don't. But by listening to them I don't mean blindly following their advice. Listen to them keeping in mind how they were educated and what they do and keep in mind that they don't often care so much about your health. You should always do your own research too if you can, but you clearly don't seem to know how to do that. Yes a lot of doctors don't know much about some important genetic mutations but some of them do. Some doctors are more open minded, don't put them all in the same category.

You are only making a fool out of yourself with all these comments. Make sure you know who you are talking to before making such statements. I don't know why you are so pissed off that I don't agree oral glutathione is a valuable supplement in general. Who cares if the scientific literature evidence doesn't fit your personal experience, whether you're an exception to the rule or are feeling placeby if you feel a clear positive effect from taking it then by all means keep doing it because obviously something is having positive effects on you. I am not telling you to stop taking it, I am telling you to stop making stupid claims based on your personal experience. I have made my points. I am done responding to you.
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • dislike x 2
  • like x 1

#44 world33

• 214 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 November 2015 - 10:45 AM

That's a really dumb thing to do unless perhaps you have some very bad health condition that you clearly notice physically and have already tried the evidence backed solutions to no avail only then might it be a good idea to start trying out all kinds of things just to see if they work. Of course this method only works if you have some health condition you can notice yourself if it improves. Painful arthritis is one example, if you have that you could test some things and see if you feel less pain. But me f.ex. I don't have arhtitis and my joints feel great. I could try a bunch of arthritis supplements and drugs and not feel a thing because my joints are already feeling great. I would just be wasting my money.

So basically you have never tried oral gluthatione and from your pedestal of self proclaimed longevity guru and professional reviewer of academic literature you are telling people, including those that do suffer from a medical condition and/or genetic mutation, not to bother to take it because most likely, according to your not up-to-date literature review and knowledge (which misses by the way a 6 months Penn State study, pointed out by Turnbuckle, that reaches opposite conclusions), it is mostly worthless and/or placebo. 
You later state that you have tried dozens of supplements in your life but in this case you would not even try oral gluthatione because you do not have any bad health condition to justify trying it. That to me it is both a contradiction and an additional reason to keep my mouth closed if I were you.
You also discount my personal experience as a N=1 sample forgetting that also Turnbuckle, who also - at least - tried oral gluthatione before opening his mouth, stated to experience positive benefits from it. This N=1 sample suddenly becomes N=2 sample just in this forum post and would become N=X sample if you just would take the time to read forum posts such as the ones posted by, for example, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) sufferers at http://forums.phoeni...ng.me/index.php and MTHFR genetic mutation sufferers as in my case.
I guess all these people are also imagining their relief from oral gluthatione protocols and should rely instead on the closed minded partial review of academic literature carried out by someone that does not suffer from any particular condition nor has ever bothered trying oral gluthatione himself.
Wasting money in my opinion is to subscribe to a web 1.0 looking website that promises you to share the secrets to live to 120 (and maybe beyond) that you have repeatedly publicized in this post.

I have an open mind too and I never said it couldn't possibly help some people but that still doesn't make it a good idea to just go about spending money on trying out supplements with low evidence of benefit. There are hundreds of other supplements I could try out and see if I notice any benefits but it wouldn't be a smart idea. The point about it likely not having effect on me because I am young and healthy, yes, exactly! There is one of the main reason I don't rely on testing supplements. I have tried dozens of supplements in my life and can only quickly recall two that had noticeable effects on me. One is beta-alanine, which caused tingling, and niacin, which also caused tingling. In case of the beta-alanine the tingling is normal and therefore the tingling sensation gave me a nice confirmation that the beta-alanine product I was taking was good quality and actually contained the stated amount of beta-alanine. The tingling didn't mean it necessarily worked or had positive effects on my health, I cannot detect whether it does therefore I go by what the evidence says. The same with niacin, tingling is a normal side effect of high dose niacin and the fact that I felt tingling meant that the supplement likely contained a good amount of niacin but it didn't say much at all about whether the niacin was beneficial or not, to know that it was best for me to examine the scientific literature, which I of course had done before hand.

I am happy to spend my money on supplements that have a consistent and considerable positive effect on my mental and/or body health no matter what the current theoretical evidence of benefit is. In this case I am extremely happy to have tried reduced gluthatione, which is for me a game changer, and I will be happy to try different oral forms of it including the liposomal and acetyl ones.

I have never suggested to randomly try hundred of supplements but instead to do your own research, especially - if available - at a genetic level, and select a few supplements to try based on one's genetic profile.
For my severe morning anxiety I have initially tried all the supplements listed in the remarkable forum post TREATING ANXIETY SAFELY & EFFECTIVELY posted by ScienceGuy in this website. Unfortunately none of them has helped me as much as those that I found out by myself, not thanks to the traditional medical establishment advise, through a genetic test with 23andme.com and third parties apps.
When your anxiety is relieved, your brain fog disappears, your energy levels drastically increase, you do not feel like intermittently sleeping anymore during daytime and are less intolerant to certain food (intolerance that started in my late thirties) are just some of the beneficial effects that I experience when taking gluthatione orally I would not compare it to your tingling experience. We are mixing apples with oranges here and we are talking about a complete different level of symptoms and benefits.
Having a scientific approach is perfectly reasonable but being open minded and trying supplements based on other people personal experience, especially if they share the same medical condition or genetic mutation, makes perfectly sense to me.

Well that's very stupid to do. Yes you should always listen to your body also, but in most cases that still doesn't tell you much. Using the scientific literature is more appropriate, that's why scientists do that.

I think you should really consider to refrain yourself from labeling eveything you do not agree with or that contradicts your "a priori" conviction as stupid, dumb, not smart etc.
You have done it with the comments made by Turnbuckle before, who is far from stupid, and you keep doing it with my personal experience contribution.
I do not think your educational background or professional experience, that you have promptly publicized along with your "envisionary" website, entitles you to lack of respect towards other contributors to this forum no matter what different area of specialization they have.
Lacking of respect and showing an over-inflated ego does indeed make a fool of oneself.

You should care what your doctor recommends although you should never take his recommendation blindly. Why? Because he knows a lot of stuff you don't. But by listening to them I don't mean blindly following their advice. Listen to them keeping in mind how they were educated and what they do and keep in mind that they don't often care so much about your health. You should always do your own research too if you can, but you clearly don't seem to know how to do that. Yes a lot of doctors don't know much about some important genetic mutations but some of them do. Some doctors are more open minded, don't put them all in the same category.

I have already replied to this point. Here in Australia doctors know nothing about methylation genetic mutations and it can take decades before the medical establishment become familiar with cutting edge research findings, including genetics and nutrigenomics.
I have never suggested a black or white, yes or no approach when it comes to the traditional medical establishment; however when you see that the only solutions proposed are habit forming benzos it is time to do your own research and search for alternative and better solutions.

You are only making a fool out of yourself with all these comments. Make sure you know who you are talking to before making such statements. I don't know why you are so pissed off that I don't agree oral glutathione is a valuable supplement in general. Who cares if the scientific literature evidence doesn't fit your personal experience, whether you're an exception to the rule or are feeling placeby if you feel a clear positive effect from taking it then by all means keep doing it because obviously something is having positive effects on you. I am not telling you to stop taking it, I am telling you to stop making stupid claims based on your personal experience. I have made my points. I am done responding to you.

The only person that is making fool of himself is the one that, possibly driven by an over-inflated ego, bases his conclusions merely on a partial literature review, stick to it trying to minimize recent studies, discount personal experiences available in this and other forums, repeatedly label other contributions as stupid, dumb and so on putting himself on a pedestal of alleged untouchability despite having zero direct personal experience with the oral supplementation of reduced gluthatione nor medical condition or genetic mutation to test its real life (not on paper) efficacy against.

• Agree x 2
  • Well Written x 1
  • like x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#45 Adamzski

• Topic Starter
  • 674 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 01:19 PM

My gf has a new job and can get her hands on this again.

Just wondering if it is worth taking and the amount I would need to take to see any kind of benefits? It is 600mg Glutathione Reduced.

I did take it previously around 8 times over a year. Not really supplementing with anything right now.

How could I measure any benefits? Putting an IV in your arm can bring on some placebo effects..

How much could be too much? I could do 600mg a week if I wanted but could there be any negatives?

#46 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 September 2018 - 08:21 PM

Anyone know if this has to be injected IV or will it work SubQ or intramuscular? Also any USA products or does it all come from the Philippines and China? Any links appreciated. Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: glutathione

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users