- - - - -

Preference for Racetam A over Racetam B

aniracetam piracetam non-responder

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 civilizedsavage

• 45 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:39 AM

So I noted an interesting effect over the past few days of experimentation with the racetams. My life seemed pretty miserable when I was stacking both Aniracetam and Piracetam, due to both insomnia and overstimulation (which I suspect may have been because I was taking too much Aniracetam). I would take high single doses only, because I've been taking Selegiline for the last 2 years, and my body likes to let any substance I take linger for way longer than it should. To be more specific, I was taking right around 2.4 grams Piracetam, and 2.0 grams Aniracetam, with a gradual decrease in Alpha GPC dosage from 15% down to 10%.

I like to experiment. A lot. With all different kinds of dosages. I've tried the both Pira and Ani by themselves, and I've tried taking them together to observe the effects and learn what they do to my body. Piracetam ALWAYS improved my verbal fluency, but at the cost of my emotions. I really don't know why it is, but at any dosage of Piracetam, I experience some dissociative-like effects that seem more negative in nature than anything else. When I revisited a standalone trial of Aniracetam at 1600 mg once daily, I was literally blown away. I was at peak performance, and there was little to no tolerance. Not to bash on Piracetam, but it seems to me that some people just respond better to one over the other, and since that's the case for me, I am taking a significantly lower dosage of Piracetam with my Ani, and sometimes just cutting out Piracetam altogether on some days. I almost think that Piracetam takes something away from Aniracetam's effects, as I've observed emotional blunting almost every time I've put the two together.

What do you guys think? Have you had similar experiences? If so, please share them with us so that we can learn!

#2 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:48 PM

I am starting to think I need to try aniracetam again, because the first batch I tried has a funky chemical smell that other people do not seem to report, which points to impurities or worse, a different substance. I did not have very positive effects from that 'aniracetam', in fact the most noticeable sensation was a hazy state, quite the opposite of what I am looking for from a nootropic. From what vendor did you get yours?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 civilizedsavage

• Topic Starter
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:54 AM

@Godofallsmallthings

Newstarnootropics seems to offer the most consistent quality. I've never had a bad batch from them, and they always deliver within 2-3 business days from ordering. They label and number their batches, and packaging is by far the best i've seen from a supplier. COA is listed on their site as a downloadable PDF.

The other vendor I recently tried out was Nootropics Depot, a.k.a. Pharmatrix. Their aniracetam also seems to be of high quality, though slightly different in color. Delivers within 2-3 days of ordering, COA on website.

So far so good with the aniracetam, though ever since I cut out the Selegiline (I ran out for a few days, will be continuing again shortly), I've been taking Piracetam in larger quantities again. Quitting Dexedrine may have also triggered my sudden need for excessive supplementation (I know I know, stupid me, but I know what I'm doing). For Piracetam, I started off with one day of 25-30 grams. It didn't really do much besides make me a bit hyper and focused. No hypomania triggered. It seems hypomania is only triggered with Dex and Selegiline is in the mix. I don't chase hypomania anymore anyways, not very useful for productivity, at least for me that is. Now I'm sticking with 10 grams per day for Piracetam, along with decent amount of high EPA fish oil. Working well so far, so I'm gonna stick it out. After I cut out the dopaminergic goodies, my insomnia ended, so I know for sure now those were the biggest potentiators in my stack. Stupid me!

Recently started Cerebrolysin. Today is my 3rd day. I kept my expectations very low, as I've heard it takes almost 2 weeks of loading to perceive any effects. However, something interesting of note I noticed today that I did not notice in the beginning. I seem to be remembering old memories that haven't been revisited for a while. I also seem to be experiencing some synchronicity throughout the day. What I mean is that I've been remembering some things my friends have said over the past couple of weeks, and piecing it together with my current life situation. This came in handy when I was writing in my journal today. I also seemed slightly more fluent than usual in my native language (Korean) when I was talking with my dad this morning on the phone. Ah well, its all subjective, and I chalk this all up to placebo, but I still enjoyed the good days :-D I will try DnB + CambridgeSciences tomorrow to record pretrial results.

Spring is here!!!! YEAH!!!! Time to hit it hard at the gym. Hope your week is going well mate.

Edited by civilizedsavage, 27 March 2014 - 01:56 AM.

• like x 2

#4 civilizedsavage

• Topic Starter
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:07 PM

Ever since I stopped choline supplementation, I've become very very slow and stupid. I just dosed 500 mg pure alpha GPC. Lets see is she wants to tango....

or just ruin me.

#5 civilizedsavage

• Topic Starter
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:45 PM

It would seem choline deficiency was indeed the culprit. I hate this stupid cat and mouse game. First I experience some really ugly depressive symptoms from choline overdose, then I chase hypomania by withdrawing from all cholinergics, and finally I return to choline despite being in a state of delirium for quite some time now. Oh yeah, sulbutiamine also feels awesome on my off days. I have a ton of it from like a year ago, just never got around to using it. Ah nootropics, it will always be a love/hate relationship until I find that golden feather.

Anyways, I've also taken an interest in anything highly dopaminergic. Amfonelic acid is a good example, though this one isn't for the faint of heart. My frontal lobes are not that same as yours!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#6 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:22 AM

Some reported bad about Newstars quality.

Btw, using a pure Dopamine reputake inhibitor wouldnt activate Your frontal lobe since Noradrenaline inhibits the reuptake of dopamine in the mesocortical regions.

Edited by Flex, 04 April 2014 - 06:25 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aniracetam, piracetam, non-responder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users