* * * * * 5 votes

NRX-1074 topic. (Future group buy)

future group buy glyx-13 bioavailable nmda agonist

• Please log in to reply
659 replies to this topic

#601 opusensemble

• 57 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 03:37 AM

What do you feel makes this more of a 'cure' than say NSI-189 or NRX-1074?

I mentioned "cure" based on what I read on Akhu's propaganda. Probably NRX-1074 and GLYX-13 show a similar promise, considering that they also were inspired in biological processes. I'm not sure if it's the case for NSI, given its small molecule size, hardly unlikely to modulate such an incredibly complex illness such as depression. Overall, IMNSHO, I believe that if depression can possibly be reversed at its core, that won't happen with a small totally synthetic compound, but though complex molecules (one or many), inspired in biochemical pathways. Intuition and experience tells me that chemicals we have so far just throw a wrench at the problem. Brintellix development efforts and science behind it is a total PhD masturbation joke. They affected 6 different systems with the drug, and only have some certainty about the impact in one of them. They went through a meticulous process of molecule improvement and in the end they basically have an exotic-SSRI with unknown mechanism of action over an illness of unknown etiology. More of the same

#602 samson75

• 85 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 October 2016 - 08:06 AM

It isn't a solution. This medication is on early development. If one day it's available it won't before 10 or 15 years....

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#603 DaneV

• 98 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 01:05 AM

Here Here!

It's sitting in a freezer doing absolutely nothing for anyone's projects.

This was the price I paid after putting $2k+ down, so I don't see it getting any cheaper.

Click here to read the Longecity glyx diary. Both compelling and problematic (for me).

You still do ? If so, i`m interested, but will international shipping (uncooled for a couple of days) be problematic for its stability ?

#604 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 01:21 AM

Maybe instead of waiting for bandaids to enter the market, we should look for the cure instead. Nemifitide given by IV was arguably the closest to a cure ever found.

Please check the 3 parts of this article for groundbreaking research: http://akhutherapeut...ression-part-3/

http://www.huffingto...4b08c46f0e4c639

Nemifitide source?

#605 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 November 2016 - 03:52 AM

hi im interested in this since i was reading its orally based unlike rapastinel, but can someone update me of the status regarding group buy, availability and people already signed on to this as i couldnt go through all those 21 pages to keep up

• Pointless, Timewasting x 4

#606 samson75

• 85 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:08 PM

The group buy is dead. The lab could not produce it.

#607 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:06 AM

oh great. just sweet. thanks for the information

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#608 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 07:58 AM

What do you feel makes this more of a 'cure' than say NSI-189 or NRX-1074?

I mentioned "cure" based on what I read on Akhu's propaganda. Probably NRX-1074 and GLYX-13 show a similar promise, considering that they also were inspired in biological processes. I'm not sure if it's the case for NSI, given its small molecule size, hardly unlikely to modulate such an incredibly complex illness such as depression. Overall, IMNSHO, I believe that if depression can possibly be reversed at its core, that won't happen with a small totally synthetic compound, but though complex molecules (one or many), inspired in biochemical pathways. Intuition and experience tells me that chemicals we have so far just throw a wrench at the problem. Brintellix development efforts and science behind it is a total PhD masturbation joke. They affected 6 different systems with the drug, and only have some certainty about the impact in one of them. They went through a meticulous process of molecule improvement and in the end they basically have an exotic-SSRI with unknown mechanism of action over an illness of unknown etiology. More of the same

For Nemifitide, studies indicate a response rate of about 50-60%. So ketamine and ECT remain closer to being a cure, although ECT is more dangerous. Probably very much depends on the kind of depression or anxiety you have.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/18090505

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/12974986

Edited by tolerant, 09 November 2016 - 08:16 AM.

• Good Point x 1

#609 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:07 AM

Nemifitide source?

I should be able to source this. At the moment it looks like the cost will be over $500 for 0.5 g, which should relieve depression for 2-3 months if you're a responder. I expect the cost will go down if more people become involved.

In addition to the studies I included above, here's another one to have a look at: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/16259645.

It doesn't seem that Nemifitide should be administered intravenously, but rather subcutaneously, which is really no big deal. You just need to get the hang of it.

Edited by tolerant, 09 November 2016 - 08:13 AM.

• Good Point x 1

#610 samson75

• 85 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:36 AM

If a group buy is organized for Nemifitide i'm in.

• Agree x 1

#611 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 09:12 AM

Nemifitide source?

I should be able to source this. At the moment it looks like the cost will be over $500 for 0.5 g, which should relieve depression for 2-3 months if you're a responder. I expect the cost will go down if more people become involved.

In addition to the studies I included above, here's another one to have a look at: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/16259645.

It doesn't seem that Nemifitide should be administered intravenously, but rather subcutaneously, which is really no big deal. You just need to get the hang of it.

If we can get the price down, I believe the interest level is high enough to actually do.

Count me in, Thanks!

#612 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:05 AM

ark, as the teenager you are, wasnt a simple dose of ginkgo adequate enough to satisfy your fancy but you have to really butt in with the big players

• Pointless, Timewasting x 4

#613 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:50 AM

ark, as the teenager you are, wasnt a simple dose of ginkgo adequate enough to satisfy your fancy but you have to really butt in with the big players

Stop wasting everyone's time trying to bait me, ether help with the group buys or shove off and let the adults talk you lazy bum.

#614 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 06:15 AM

Nemifitide source?

In addition to the studies I included above, here's another one to have a look at: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/16259645.

Update: Nemifitide will cost $350 per 0.5 g, IF we can get 10 people interested. 

#615 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:02 AM

Nemifitide source?

In addition to the studies I included above, here's another one to have a look at: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/16259645.

Update: Nemifitide will cost $350 per 0.5 g, IF we can get 10 people interested.

I think you should start a new separate thread for Nemifitide group buy.
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#616 HouseElisabeth

• 18 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 03:26 AM

Let's try it guys! I am in.

In the meantime (just after the cancellation of the NRX group buy) i have tried a number of ketamine infusions,but it seems that i am not a responder.

This might have to do with the fact that my "treatment" apart from Wellbutrine (300mg daily),

contains also Lamictal (anticonvulsant).

I don't know why,but it has been found that Lamictal counteracts the effects of ketamine.

Weening off is not an option. It took me 8 months(!!!!) after starting this medication

to notice slight changes in my mood.

It turned  my life from an unbearable daily torture in a mental jail (my brain), in a flat,

almost depersonalized,totally anhedonic (such a nice Greek word with a terrible meaning 

though) emotionless state of mind that i have to face daily.

Better than nothing to be honest.

Nothing surprises me/makes me happy/makes me mad/makes me laugh,

giving me a sign that i am still living rather than just surviving (to cut a long story short). And the funny

thing is that 4 years ago (i am 34 now), before everything started due to some quite tough 

situations i had to run through,i was maybe the happiest,most humorous,what the hell let's do it

person in the world.

It's really tough for me to compare these two periods of my life and every morning i wake up,

i regret handling those situations the way i did. I know that i can not change the past, but knowing that i was going to continue to live a totally healthy,

happy life, makes my depression more unbearable.

(Lamictal withdrawals include terrible headaches,flu like symptoms,constant tiredness etc.)

Next step is trying low dose naltrexone treatment (if anyone has tried that,i would be grateful to learn more about this option).

I have already ordered naltrexone from the UK along with some instructions on how to adjust the dodge etc.

Nemifitide is another option , Kratom too (reviews on using it are more than welcome).

Last resort is Suboxone (or at least try  to be a little patient till ALKS 5461 becomes available).

After those options,only God knows if and for how long i will be able to keep accepting this terrible reality as a fact 

for the rest of my life. 

Thank you all for your time and for all of your efforts to provide every single one of us with a joyful 

life without bouts of depression, sadness and constant anxiety.

We are all fighting the good fight,a noble and well-intentioned battle, and that is exactly why i have a feeling that one day (soon would be ideal)

we are going to WIN!

#617 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 06:20 AM

HouseElizabeth,

I can relate to a lot of what you're saying. My troubles also started 4-5 years ago due to stressful situations, and I think had I made the right choices I might never have ended up in this mess. Have a look at the vorinostat group buy thread. I think it holds a lot of promise and is very cheap compared to other compounds. Are you interested in a nemifitide group buy? I think nemifitide may be a good option because it works through mechanisms that no other drug seems to work through and it appears more effective for more severe types of depression.

Here's a full-text version of an article I linked to in an earlier post: http://ijnp.oxfordjo.../5/517.full.pdf

It shows a response rate of 40%-60% at day 22 (one week post treatment), and a response rate of 40% is maintained at day 43.

#618 samson75

• 85 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:01 PM

HouseElisabeth;

I also followed a ketamine therapy (six infusions) a few months ago. It did absolutly nothing positive to my depression...

I had great expectations, reading all those scientific reviews, and it devasted me to learn that i'm a no responder

and that i probably won't benefit of future medications based on this (nrx, glyx...).

I talked to several people following the same treatment, they confirmed what the doctor told me; there's no magic

in that. It does not cure depression after one or two sessions like i read everywhere.

A guy told me that he felt better and less suicidal than with his previous medication, but that could be the

placebo effect.

The doc tried to reassure me by saying that for most people the beneficial effects start a few weeks after the

end of the treatment, but it was not my case...

I was taking venlafaxine and had stopped benzos like advised by the medical staff.

So here am i with no viable solutions anymore. Nevertheless i heard about magic mushroom's psilocybin

showing some promise... I'll try that. I won't give up !! ;)

And for Kratom; it's a little relaxing, but nothing extraordinary and short lived.

Edited by samson75, 19 November 2016 - 01:36 PM.

#619 HouseElisabeth

• 18 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 05:12 PM

Thank you very much for your information Tolerant and samson75! 

Yes,i am interested in participating in both nemifitide and vorinostat group buy.

A lot of our trouble make sense, due to genetic dispositions.

I was recruited for a clinical trial where scientists were trying to discover wether treatment resistance depression

links with certain genes of an individual's DNA code.

The clinical trial was part of a French university's research program.

My current psych who is a professor in a Greek university, but also participates 

in projects organized by European Union in collaboration with other universities, asked me if i wanted to be part of that

clinical trial. The only thing i had to do was to give a small blood sample.

Briefly there are probably hundreds, or maybe thousands of genes which combined 

with life experiences, are responsible for wether we are happy or sad.I will not be using medical terms but i will try 

to present why this is not a totally wrong and simplified aspect of our states of mind and life in general. 

Yes, happiness and sadness are mainly defined by our DNA.

After long conversations with my doctor and a couple of other "openminded and out of the box thinking"professors ,

i have accepted this (maybe a bit "nonconformist")theory. I will present you this aspect.

I will also be simplifying terms and examples.

So guys! There are people who wake up

in the morning, being able to stay in the house doing nothing apart from laying on the sofa and enjoying pure happiness.

In other words they feel joy just from

existing!(lucky them)  

There are people who wake up in the morning and in order to feel joy they will have to go out,

be productive, try different things.In other words they experience happiness

by assigning and accomplishing tasks.

There are also people who wake up in the morning, thinking that this world sucks, one day we are all going to die

so life is meaningless. Clearly depressive thoughts and nihilistic life attitude in general.

Of course it is not that simple but this is the main idea.

Funny thing is that all those categories are part of the evolution of human species and important 

parts of keeping human race evolving!

People from the first group have in their subconscious the responsibility of providing societies with stability 

and of  showing other people how being happy looks like, in a way.

People from the second group have in their subconscious the responsibility of providing societies with

new discoveries. Of making sure that creation and defying dangers also leads to the achievement of happiness.

Making sure in a way that human race will never be characterized by complacency and that it will keep improving and mentally evolving.

People from the third category have in the subconscious the responsibility of spotting dangers so that humans 

must work out ways of avoiding them and of keeping the human race more "down to earth" sort of speaking.

(I know that in Europe maybe we are overdoing by trying to find ways of including philosophy in everything, even 

in the Science of Medicine lol)

Some people may be facing extremely tough situations and still retain their confidence and sense of happiness.

When they stop being under psychological pressure,they achieve full remission of their depressive symptoms.

There are some people who suffer from depression since they were old enough to notice.

On the contrary, there are people who, without facing depression at all in the past,

after having to deal with tough situations, they collapse mentally.

As my psych and other doctors told me, the brain has similar ways of functioning with all other

human bodies's organs.

For example there are people who are predisposed to have a very strong heart. Even if they eat junk food, smoke, abuse alcohol, do drugs etc 

they will never suffer a heart attack,or face any problems with their heart in general. (if you replace heart problems with lung problems,the perfect 

paradigm is that of an 98 years old lady who after having a check up in the hospital the other day asked the doctor for a cigarette. She informed

us that she smokes 2 packets a day since she was 15!!!)

On the contrary, there are people who work out daily, who follow a healthy diet,never stress about situations etc

and still suffer from heart attack coming out of the blue during their lives.

There is  third category, where individuals are predisposed to suffer a heart attack only if they live an unhealthy life. So it is clearly a matter

of choices/external factors. Obviously a heart organ after going through a heart attack is never the same again. 

Brain is a body organ itself, and in many cases due to  depression, damaged neurons are impossible to repair themselves

and certain important chemicals cease from being produced, or they are destroyed just after their production without having

the chance to help the brain function normally (genetical predisposition).

So scientists were able to spot some of those genes (it will take many years till they are able to spot all of those genes).

They can tell if you are predisposed to some mental illnesses. 

Some of those genes are: 5-HTTPLPR, 5-HT2CR, DRD2, DRD3 etc 

Every day more genes are proven to play an important role in our mental health after being spotted.

Good news is that one day there will be gene therapies "reprogramming" part of our DNA and eliminating all mental illnesses.

Then it will be a matter of CURING rather than treating depression.

Bad news i that according to scientists, these therapies are probably 30 to 40 years away...

Underfunding medical researches are responsible for that. Brain is an extremely complex organ and there is a risk of taking too long for

investments to start making profits (if they ever do).

Strict FDA and similar other countries'administration rules and regulations,not necessary in many cases, are also responsible for the delay.

10,15 or more years in some cases (partially due to bureaucracy)  till a new drug becomes available is a very long procedure.

(Even PETA is partially responsible lol)

Samson75, i do not exclude ketamine as part of my recovery knowing that using Lamictal (part of my therapy) clearly 

limits the effectiveness of that drug.

Also it's not ketamine itself which helps with depression, rather

than a byproduct (i am not sure about it's name) created from our body while methylating ketamine.

I know for sure that this byproduct has been spotted and scientists are already working on that.

So therapies based solely on that byproduct could be far more effective treating depression.

I am starting to believe that many of treatment resistant depression forms are the outcome of endogenous cannabinoid deficiency 

syndrome, (the existence of an endogenous cannabinoid system was discovered not earlier than late 70's!!!)

so it is clearly poorly analyzed and examined).

Buprenorphine is the answer to that problem.

Knowing that using it is habit forming (people will have to take Buprenorphine for life due to extremely "cruel"withdrawal and PAWS),

choosing this therapy is a big decision for anyone.

Taking buprenorpfine for life makes you addicted to it although the term addict 

in this case is completely false in my opinion.Honestly does for example insulin turns a diabetic into

an addict? If some people are unable to produce their own opiates, clearly, they will have to receive them from an external source. Finding the sweet spot

could by a pain though (no more,no less). Even eating or drinking water is habit forming lol,try living without them :-)

A big benefit is that this therapy has been proven to be very very helpful, effective and usually there is no matter of tolerance (it is not clearly an opiate,it has a unique mechanism 

of action).In some cases (let's say 15%) patients will indeed have to face tolerance issues. Then, discontinuation of therapy is the right thing to do instead of keep increasing the dosage (bad idea).

I would suggest waiting for ALKS 5461.It is a new antidepressant in ALKERMES's pipeline (big pharmaceutical company). If everything goes as planned,  it will probably  be available in late 2017. It will be already tested and legally available.

In my opinion this whole procedure is stupid and hypocritical because 

instead of combining buprenorphine with naloxone, a blocker which exists only to prevent people from injecting it, (used in suboxone which is a tablet already available in the market),in ALKS 5461 naloxone will be replaced by samidorphan, a substance doing exactly the same thing.Obviously this is done solely for trademark purposes( repatenting the same drug which will prevent other companies from producing it for 20 years).

I love to be informed about any other options if available!

Thank you.

PS.There may by some mistakes but English is not my mother tongue.

#620 samson75

• 85 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 November 2016 - 09:06 AM

Thanks so much for that info. But, regarding ketamine, let's not fool ourselves; if those infusions did not work we won't benefit from the next generation of medication based on it. NRX-1074, Glyx-13 and those alike are not for us....

The doctor was pretty sad that i had not positive outcome, the last three sessions he almost doubled the dose per kg; it made me trip like crazy but three hours later that good old depression was back again (and the anxiety rocketted so much that at times i had heart aches !!).

In a few days i'll try psilocybin ( http://www.thelancet...0065-7/abstract ).

I'll make a litle feedback here. Fingers crossed....

Edited by samson75, 20 November 2016 - 09:08 AM.

#621 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 06:11 PM

http://www.longecity...ad/#entry795843

#622 samson75

• 85 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 November 2016 - 09:40 AM

That's a nootropic, it's not about depression....

#623 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:00 AM

I lost track of this thread about three months ago and haven’t been back since. Don’t have time right now to back-read 14-odd pages. Bottom line—what happened with TLR’s promise to deliver? I know they took some money up front—one guy I know in Seattle fronted them quite a bit (at least a few hundred, I think. He’s been incommunicado for a long time and doesn’t respond to my e-mails or PMs anymore. I'm fearing the worst, considering the depth of his MDD). So did they come through or what? I sincerely apologize if this was just addressed two pages ago—I really don’t have time to slog through the thread right now; my life is in chaos with work and trying to take care my temporarily-disabled wife. What’s the upshot? Did they make good or not?

#624 Der Springende Punkt

• 63 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:56 AM

I lost track of this thread about three months ago and haven’t been back since. Don’t have time right now to back-read 14-odd pages. Bottom line—what happened with TLR’s promise to deliver? I know they took some money up front—one guy I know in Seattle fronted them quite a bit (at least a few hundred, I think. He’s been incommunicado for a long time and doesn’t respond to my e-mails or PMs anymore. I'm fearing the worst, considering the depth of his MDD). So did they come through or what? I sincerely apologize if this was just addressed two pages ago—I really don’t have time to slog through the thread right now; my life is in chaos with work and trying to take care my temporarily-disabled wife. What’s the upshot? Did they make good or not?

I paid in 2015 and got nothing so far. No stuff, no refund. Of course, they do not respond to messages.

• Informative x 4

#625 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:09 PM

I paid in 2015 and got nothing so far. No stuff, no refund. Of course, they do not respond to messages.

Quelle fucking surprise. :dry:

• Cheerful x 2

#626 samson75

• 85 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:45 PM

$669.95 for 50mg !! Insane.

https://teamtlr.com/...y=nrx&results=2

#627 Forty Six & 2

• 135 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:00 PM

Very quickly as to directly the above, that was just a 'hold price' (not the actual price once we again actually offer it for sale), as we are not selling it at the moment and it was set as such to just be up on the site.  We will be making it available though shortly, if there is sufficient interest for another production.

We will be making an announcement regarding NRX-1074 later today or tomorrow to expound on the above.  As well, we will remark on some related much desired agents of interest we can supply.  Kindly, please hold all comments, speculations, or inquiries until we do so; bearing there are always those who like to dramatize everything, even when they do not nearly have all the facts.

Thank you to all who have been supportive, patient, and understanding within the challenges faced with this synthesis~

Edited by Forty Six & 2, 30 December 2016 - 07:01 PM.

• Disagree x 1

#628 franbird

• 46 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 11:50 PM

Very quickly as to directly the above, that was just a 'hold price' (not the actual price once we again actually offer it for sale), as we are not selling it at the moment and it was set as such to just be up on the site.  We will be making it available though shortly, if there is sufficient interest for another production.

We will be making an announcement regarding NRX-1074 later today or tomorrow to expound on the above.  As well, we will remark on some related much desired agents of interest we can supply.  Kindly, please hold all comments, speculations, or inquiries until we do so; bearing there are always those who like to dramatize everything, even when they do not nearly have all the facts.

Thank you to all who have been supportive, patient, and understanding within the challenges faced with this synthesis~

What about responding to the people saying they have sent you money for NRX-1074 and are not receiving any reply? Such as Der Springende Punkt above

• like x 1

#629 Forty Six & 2

• 135 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 04:14 AM

There is no reply to that, other than to note that we have never not responded to anyone in anything but an extremely timely manner when contacted; moreover, such is usually within a matter of hours at most, always and without exception.  Further, many 'first-timers' are shocked and graciously remark their notable appreciation of the prompt and informative nature of the replies, such that often even occurs at hours one would not at all expect to receive such.

Who that poster is you have referenced we have no clue, but one thing is certain, all who actually contact us for most any reason receive extraordinarily prompt, courteous, and informative replies.

Just as I have done so here, thank you. ;-)

• Unfriendly x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#630 samson75

• 85 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 December 2016 - 10:31 AM

So ok, we'll see about your future offer, there's much interest for NRX here (big disappointment about the group-buy failure !).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: future group buy, glyx-13, bioavailable, nmda agonist

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)