• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Difference between D-serine and D-cycloserine?

anxiety d-serine d-cycloserine supplements

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 easeforthesoul

• 14 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:58 PM

Is there a difference between these two or are they the same substance?
Thanks for your replies.

#2 datrat

• 144 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:49 PM

D-Serine is a full agonist at the glycine receptor while d-cycloserine is a partial agonist. I have tried both and prefer d-cycloserine. For me, it is anxiolytic and did help with some fear extinction. In the long d-serine thread a number of users reported irritability using d-serine, I had the same problem. It might be dose dependent and I may try it again at a much smaller dose than I was using - 1.5 grams. The concern I have with d-cycloserine is that it is an antibiotic and I'm not sure whether using it for some time might produce some bad bugs, or kill off some good ones.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 easeforthesoul

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:46 PM

I really appreciate your response. What dosages of d-cycloserine work for you? When have you found it is best to take?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 datrat

• 144 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

I started with 100 mg and the highest dose I've tried is 250 mg. I think there's some pretty quick down regulation of the receptors after continued use. I only used it on a continual basis for about 1 week for it's anxiolytic effects. For fear extinction it should only be used on the days that you're attempting the fear extinction process. IIRC, it has a 10 hr half-life, so I took it in the morning, although for strictly anxiolytic effects either morning or before bed should be ok, I didn't find it stimulating or sedating.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anxiety, d-serine, d-cycloserine, supplements

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users